TESTERS WANTED! ×

The metrics of Game Golf, Arccos, Shot Scope etc.

jb0330

So I have been using Game Golf for about 3 years and I love it. I really enjoy the metrics of it, but I was thinking about something the other day after a round and haven't been able to find anything on it. So Game Golf gives you your average for each club but that doesn't account for chips, pitches, punch shots, or the lovely duff. Do any of the other tracking systems account for this metric? 

2020 TESTER Ben Hogan UiHi 18* Utility Iron

Driver:     - Anser - 8.5* - Fujikara Red Blur 005 XStiff - Standard L/L

3W:     - SQ Sumo - Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana Stiff - Standard L/L

Hybrid 3:     - Machspeed - UST Mamiya AXIVCore XStiff -Standard L/L

Irons:      - Idea Black CB3  4-GW - KBS Tour Stiff+ - Standard L/L

Wedges:    - Vokey 52*, 54*, 60* - True Temper Wedge - Standard L/L

Putter:     - Versa Blade - 35in

Ball:      NXT Tour

Bag:  - Ultra Light Cart Bag  

Loc: USA/MD

Handicap: 13

On 10/20/2020 at 8:39 AM, jb0330 said:

So I have been using Game Golf for about 3 years and I love it. I really enjoy the metrics of it, but I was thinking about something the other day after a round and haven't been able to find anything on it. So Game Golf gives you your average for each club but that doesn't account for chips, pitches, punch shots, or the lovely duff. Do any of the other tracking systems account for this metric? 

What Matrix are you looking for?  The data collected is not completely accurate and requires editing at the end of a round.  I would estimate that it captures about 75% of the data correctly.

Shot Scope for club distance will give you an average distance taking into account all shots.  It also gives you a "P-AVG" that gives you a "true distance" on well struck golf shots.  It does this by using an algorithm that removes all outlier shot distances (both long and short).  You can also see the longest shot with each club

For Analytics:  It breaks it down into 4 categories - Tee Shots, Approaches, Short Game and Putting.  Each category will then give you overall data for each category as well as specific club data

Tee Shots - Fairway Success %, Left Miss %, Right Miss % - Yards: AVG, P-AVG, LONGEST

Approaches - Total Green Success %, Rough %, Fairway %, Bunker % - Shots to Finish from those three locations and Avg Proximity to hole from those three locations. 

Short Game - Avg Proximity to Hole - Inside 6ft %, Up & Down %, Inside 20ft 

Putting - Number of Putts Per Green % - Make % for Short, Medium, long - Shots to Finish for Short, Medium, Long

Driver:  :callaway-small: Callaway Mavrik Max 9° neutral weight setting - Shaft: Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 60S, length 44.75"

Wood:  :cobra-small: Cobra King SZ 3 wood 13° - Shaft: (Stock) Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65 Graphite

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: Cobra King SZ 19°-21° - Shaft: (Stock) UST Recoil 480 ESX F4

Irons: :cobra-small: 5-PW Cobra King SZ - Shaft: Nippon N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour 105

Wedges: :vokey-small: Titleist Vokey SM8 54°, 58° - Shaft: (Stock) Wedge Flex

Putter:  :scotty-small: Scotty Cameron X12, length 34"

:Clicgear: Rovic RV1S

So Game Golf does all the extra stuff to with Fairways, 100-150 yards to green, etc. I don't think for average yards it takes out really long and really short shots, I wish it did. I will have to look into Shot Scope and Arccos a little more. I have been wanting to switch to Arccos for over a year but haven't pulled the trigger. 

To answer your question though. I want to know my shots are going on average with a full swing, not the chips, or pitches, or duffs, or hard pans, or flyers, lol etc. Now that i am writing it sounds silly to ask something i tag to know it was a bad shot.

2 hours ago, jb0330 said:

So Game Golf does all the extra stuff to with Fairways, 100-150 yards to green, etc. I don't think for average yards it takes out really long and really short shots, I wish it did. I will have to look into Shot Scope and Arccos a little more. I have been wanting to switch to Arccos for over a year but haven't pulled the trigger. 

To answer your question though. I want to know my shots are going on average with a full swing, not the chips, or pitches, or duffs, or hard pans, or flyers, lol etc. Now that i am writing it sounds silly to ask something i tag to know it was a bad shot.

The "Caddie" feature of Arccos is something i would be interested in learning about.  

Driver:  :callaway-small: Callaway Mavrik Max 9° neutral weight setting - Shaft: Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 60S, length 44.75"

Wood:  :cobra-small: Cobra King SZ 3 wood 13° - Shaft: (Stock) Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65 Graphite

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: Cobra King SZ 19°-21° - Shaft: (Stock) UST Recoil 480 ESX F4

Irons: :cobra-small: 5-PW Cobra King SZ - Shaft: Nippon N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour 105

Wedges: :vokey-small: Titleist Vokey SM8 54°, 58° - Shaft: (Stock) Wedge Flex

Putter:  :scotty-small: Scotty Cameron X12, length 34"

:Clicgear: Rovic RV1S

5 hours ago, Urbs_Valhalla said:

The "Caddie" feature of Arccos is something i would be interested in learning about.  

I will say, they must have hired a drunk robot for my “cyber caddie” I would be all over the place with their club selections.  Long, short... it’s a good tool to use, but I am not sure I have enough data with each club to have it work properly for me.

6 hours ago, Urbs_Valhalla said:

It’s very helpful if you have accurate club data. I have had a few rounds where it’s been right on the dot.

elevated shots I have always struggled with....as it stands now I will never second guess it.

for some of the planning it’s great especially if I am struggling with a certain club (talking about my driver) or it’s just one of those days I am iffy about it and not confident. Can plan the hike out a little better

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

I guess I need to just bite the bullet and get the Arccos, 2nd swing had a used set of either 1st of 2nd Gen for like 80$. It seems that you get a lot more than I am currently getting with GameGolf. I just wish you could remove bad shots to help get a good average for clubs. Or maybe I need to stop hitting bad shots, LOL

13 hours ago, jb0330 said:

I guess I need to just bite the bullet and get the Arccos, 2nd swing had a used set of either 1st of 2nd Gen for like 80$. It seems that you get a lot more than I am currently getting with GameGolf. I just wish you could remove bad shots to help get a good average for clubs. Or maybe I need to stop hitting bad shots, LOL

Arccos has "smart distance" which removes outliers at the top and bottom, it's pretty accurate from my experience (before I sold my arccos)

There's a really good review thread on Arccos, check it out! Also checkout the ShotScope threads as well

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

On 10/22/2020 at 4:17 PM, Urbs_Valhalla said:

I've used it on and off for the last 2 years and personally I don't like the Caddie feature. I found the wind direction and speed could be inaccurate on the course I play. It makes a big difference if you play in 15 to 20 mph each week. It also suggested high risk strategies that just didn't make sense. Classic "User Beware" software.

I really like the SG methodology of Arccos but it tends to confirm what I already know from my post round analysis. I  stopped using Arccos earlier this year the only stats I now collect are FIR, GIR, recoveries and putts via my Skycaddie. Found I was focusing on the stats rather than on playing the game.

image.png.9c5b9b2c7284d4fe39f0b030930f9b06.png

Edited by Alf. S

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag 

On 10/24/2020 at 2:45 PM, yungkory said:

Arccos has "smart distance" which removes outliers at the top and bottom, it's pretty accurate from my experience (before I sold my arccos)

There's a really good review thread on Arccos, check it out! Also checkout the ShotScope threads as well

Thank I will for sure look into those!

On 10/24/2020 at 4:38 PM, Alf. S said:

I've used it on and off for the last 2 years and personally I don't like the Caddie feature. I found the wind direction and speed could be inaccurate on the course I play. It makes a big difference if you play in 15 to 20 mph each week. It also suggested high risk strategies that just didn't make sense. Classic "User Beware" software.

I really like the SG methodology of Arccos but it tends to confirm what I already know from my post round analysis. I  stopped using Arccos earlier this year the only stats I now collect are FIR, GIR, recoveries and putts via my Skycaddie. Found I was focusing on the stats rather than on playing the game.

image.png.9c5b9b2c7284d4fe39f0b030930f9b06.png

After using GameGolf and knowing what metrics I am looking for. GameGolf isn't filling that for me now, I am going to jump over and read what other users have said about Arccos and ShotScope and see which will fill that need. I have been pretty constant about using GameGolf and did learn a lot about my current Golf game but without getting lessons I need a little bit more finite data to hopefully get down to single digits next year.  

• 2 years later...

My Shot Scope X5 and the companion program allow for "positional" shot designation. This covers me when I use my 4 hybrid to get out of the trees and back into the fairway as opposed to a full shot. It takes the positional shots out of the equation.

"It's only rock and roll...but I like it." - Mick Jagger

"It is not the will to win that matters-Everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters." - Paul "Bear" Bryant

"If anything is worth doing, it is worth doing with all your heart." - the Buddha

What's in the bag:

Driver Taylormade R15, 3W Callaway RazrFit Extreme, 5W - Cobra Fly Z XL, Heat II Single Length Irons 4-AW, SW, LW

What's on my feet: Squarz/Under Armour Charged Draw 2

Bag Boy Quad XL Push Cart w/Bag Boy CB15 bag

Where I play:  Baja Country Club - Ensenada, Baja Califorinia, Mexico/Bajamar Oceanfront Golf Resort, Ensenada, Baja California, Mexico