Worst/Best Club Ho Shenanigans?

Our Sponsors

SWMBO has her shoes/clothes/estate sales addiction thing, and I leave all of that alone.   This creates the need for her to reciprocate, thus, no complaining when those 48" boxes keep showing up on the porch.  Maybe just a little complaining. 

Get more grief from the kids, who are unpaid spies sounding "the golf package has arrived alarm" for Mom .  "Another golf club, Dad????"  Dad is so simple-minded. Golf, golf, golf."

• Like 4

"When I was your age, my mother told me not to get a tattoo of Roy Orbison. But what momma don't know won't hurt her." 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Titleist 975J

Callaway Hawkeye 3 Wood

Ben Hogan CFT Hybrid, Apex Plus Irons

Cleveland 588 Wedges

Scotty Newport 2 Mid Slant Pro Platinum

We have our own spending money so she's free to spend her money on what she wants, and that goes for me, too.

Now, that doesn't mean I haven't occasionally "borrowed" a month or two in advance 🤣. With my new putter, for example, I spent a month or two ahead plus was planning on selling my old Spider X to make up the difference. Of course, my wife (who does golf but hasn't in the past two years due to shoulder surgery) picked up my Spider X the other day and rolled a few before proclaiming that she was going to use it as her putter next season. I can't very well charge her the value, can I? Haha.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 9.7 (Last Updated Nov. 27, 2020)

Driver: cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme (9°, set to Draw), 44.5", Aldila Rogue Silver 60 (110 MSI) Stiff
17° Hybrid:
callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Super Hybrid, 41.5", Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange 80 Hybrid Stiff
19° Driving Iron: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra SpeedZone 4 Iron, 2° Flat, 39.75", X-Caliber Rapid Taper 75g Stiff
22° Hybrid:
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING F8, 38.5", Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff
5-GW:  
maltby_logo.png.c889f4bebd3ab94fe9c37e77ba6c0c55.png Maltby PTM Chrome, 1° Flat, 37" 7 Iron, KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff
54°, 58°:
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING MIM Black, 3° Flat, -1/2" (54°), -1/4" (58°), KBS C-Taper Lite 115 X-Stiff
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3°
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: :Arccos: Arccos / Cobra Connect
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: :CaddyTek: CaddyTek Caddylite EZ V8

2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

On 10/20/2020 at 1:11 PM, Getoffmylawn said:

The other day my wife spent a grand on massages, yes, a grand on massages, because she got a 20% credit.  So now she has $1.2K sitting in credit at this spa, and we know we'll be assigned here for 2 more years, so she'll be able to burn that up in 2 years no problem and ultimately save us money as compared to pay-as-you-go.  But still, a grand on massages.

My thoughts as I was listening to this:  "Save this one.  Mental note:  Don't argue, tell her 'if you think it's a good deal then I support it' and then drop this hammer when you get a discount on your next irons."

Got to think long term...

This, gentlemen... Is how you play chess not checkers LOL

• Haha 4

Driver - Titleist 983K 9.5* - Titleist 4560 S-Flex Shaft

3 Wood - 2020 Adams Tight Lies 16* - Aldila Synergy Red 50-S Shaft

2 Hybrid - Adams Idea Pro - Aldila VS Proto+ 'By You' 80-S Shaft

3 Iron - Titleist 690MB True Temper Reg Flex

4-9 Irons - Taylormade R7TP True Temper X-100 Shafts (6i has mismatched Project X 6.0 shaft)

Sand Wedge - Adams GT XTreme 2 SW

Putter - PING Heppler Tomcat 14

Ball - Titleist Tour Soft

The other day my wife spent a grand on massages, yes, a grand on massages, because she got a 20% credit.  So now she has $1.2K sitting in credit at this spa, and we know we'll be assigned here for 2 more years, so she'll be able to burn that up in 2 years no problem and ultimately save us money as compared to pay-as-you-go.  But still, a grand on massages.
My thoughts as I was listening to this:  "Save this one.  Mental note:  Don't argue, tell her 'if you think it's a good deal then I support it' and then drop this hammer when you get a discount on your next irons."
Got to think long term...

You guys have seen my putters but you should see my wife’s shoes and purses Always go with the long play and not short term. Heck I got her to the point that she set a number and if it over that then we have to have a talk and I have hit that number once.

A few other good tips...

Use head covers that are not specific to clubs. That way never draws attention when you swap in a new buy. I told the wife years ago I did it not to draw attention to what was in my bag. Great long term play.

If you plan to buy clubs have your golf bag in the car. Best way to sneak in a 15th club is with the other 14 in your bag.

Most places will take the stickers off the clubs for you. Makes it easier to say “oh, that...something I had hanging around that I wanted to try out”

Don’t draw attention to your bag with your significant other. I don’t know what’s in her purse and she normally doesn’t know what’s in my golf bag (well she does now after paying the PXG bill).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 5

In the Bag for 2020

PXG 0811XF Gen 2 10.5* (set at 9*) AD VR 6x

PXG 0341X Gen 2 15* AD TP 7x

PXG 0317X Gen 2 19* KBS Proto 95x

PXG 0311T Gen 3 4-6 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 ST 7 - PW KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50/10 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 54/10 & 58/07 TTDG TI S400

:rife-putters-1: Two Bar Blade Long 47"

4 hours ago, Jmikecpa said:

You guys have seen my putters but you should see my wife’s shoes and purses emoji23.png Always go with the long play and not short term. Heck I got her to the point that she set a number and if it over that then we have to have a talk and I have hit that number once.

A few other good tips...

Use head covers that are not specific to clubs. That way never draws attention when you swap in a new buy. I told the wife years ago I did it not to draw attention to what was in my bag. Great long term play.

If you plan to buy clubs have your golf bag in the car. Best way to sneak in a 15th club is with the other 14 in your bag.

Most places will take the stickers off the clubs for you. Makes it easier to say “oh, that...something I had hanging around that I wanted to try out”

Don’t draw attention to your bag with your significant other. I don’t know what’s in her purse and she normally doesn’t know what’s in my golf bag (well she does now after paying the PXG bill).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah yes, I have a Denver Broncos FW headcover that I'll occasionally get out if there's potential for a club change in the near future...

• Like 2

Driver: :honma:TR20 460, Vizard 60g Stiff

FW: :tour-edge: CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 75g Stiff

Hybrids: :titelist-small: TS3 3 & 4H, Project X Evenflow Blue 85g Stiff

Driving Iron: :mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB 3i, UST Mamiya recoil ES 780 F3

Iron: :mizuno-small:JPX 919 Forged 4- GW, Project X 6.0

Wedges::vokey-small:SM7 54 S Grind, 58 M Grind

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B 

:SuperSpeed:

Tested the Honma TR20 460 driver

I am lucky that my wife doesn't like to buy very many things, she would rather get rid of things, so she doesn't have very many expensive habits. These days, she is mainly stockpiling disinfecting products. I feel like we have a lifetime supply of hand sanitizer. I am no better though, I have been stockpiling N95 masks, surgical masks, and other types of masks. I have different masks depending on what I feel like for the day lol.

• Like 1

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 10/6/2020
Driver:taylormade-small:SIM Max 10.5 - Fujikura Ventus Red 5S Velocore (the real one)
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:callaway-small:Mavrik Max 5 - AW - Nippon Neo 950GH S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge flex
Putter:  LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1

Current Putter Collection: LAB Golf DIrected Force 1, :cleveland-small: HB Soft Premier #11, :cameron-small: La Costa 1st 500, :scotty-small: Squareback 1 (2008)

Lucky for me my wife’s a golfer and has a problem buying shoes, so I don’t get too much shtick when clubs/gear/balls show up on the doorstep. She did, however comment on the $450 I dropped on a shaft for my driver this summer. But even she agreed it was worth it when she saw my results.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

24CC2B3B-0E46-4165-97D1-F1CA4C5041C8.png

My fiance knows i’m always moving clubs in and out.   Her only “rule” is we dont have room for more than one set in the closet at home.  So any others have to stay in my office at the course.  
If i ever leave this job, i’m going to be up the creek without a paddle. 
You may see the mother of all classified ads😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

:titelist-small: TS1 Fubuki 45g R Flex

:ping-small:  G410 FW 5, 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:scotty-small:  Phantom 5.5   35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

Lucky for me my wife’s a golfer and has a problem buying shoes, so I don’t get to shtick for when clubs/gear/balls show up on the doorstep. She did, however comment on the $450 I dropped on a shaft for my driver this summer. But even she agreed it was worth it when she saw my results.

Sounds like you’ve got a winner there!

• Like 1

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

30 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

My fiance knows i’m always moving clubs in and out.   Her only “rule” is we dont have room for more than one set in the closet at home.  So any others have to stay in my office at the course.  
If i ever leave this job, i’m going to be up the creek without a paddle. 
You may see the mother of all classified ads😜

If you ever need a place to store the extra, let me know, I got plenty of room on the basement, and I can stop by during a trip back home from Maryland. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag Official tester

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

MGS Fantasy football league

Unofficial - Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme

Unofficial Review - Honma TR21 4 Wood by xOldBenKenobiX

Drivers :titelist-small:  - TS2 10.5*, :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5

Woods :titelist-small: TS2 3HL. :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60 shaft.

Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 716 3 Iron, Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 718 4 Iron, Irons:   :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, Wedges  

:vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, Putter   :titelist-small: Deadcenter SP-209, Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors

Shoes:a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.

Right Handed, Southeast Michigan

Honk If you see these plates around. 

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

I'm always driving around Michigan. 

The Ohio and Pennsylvania's turnpike as well as around Baltimore, Maryland. 

Grip it and rip it my friends. 

I guess whats different about my shenanigans is that i tend not to stockpile drivers and irons, just maybe a few putters at a time. But i do churn through drivers and irons fairly quickly and am always selling and trading in stuff.

• Like 3

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 10/6/2020
Driver:taylormade-small:SIM Max 10.5 - Fujikura Ventus Red 5S Velocore (the real one)
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:callaway-small:Mavrik Max 5 - AW - Nippon Neo 950GH S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge flex
Putter:  LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1

Current Putter Collection: LAB Golf DIrected Force 1, :cleveland-small: HB Soft Premier #11, :cameron-small: La Costa 1st 500, :scotty-small: Squareback 1 (2008)

I always encourage my wife to buy golf stuff: clothes, shoes and clubs. That way I don't have to do any shananigans

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra F Max 5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

On 10/20/2020 at 11:52 AM, Chip Strokes said:

damn ring camera stays snitching tho...

So no blind spot that you can walk in without being seen?

• Like 1

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

Drivers :titelist-small:  - TS2 10.5*, :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5

Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 716 3 Iron, Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 718 4 Iron, Irons:   :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, Wedges  

:vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, Putter   :titelist-small: Deadcenter SP-209, Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors

Shoes:a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.

15 hours ago, xOldBenKenobiX said:

If you ever need a place to store the extra, let me know, I got plenty of room on the basement, and I can stop by during a trip back home from Maryland. 

You beat me to it.....although I am a lot closer so if he wants to store them here they are still within visiting distance!  😄

• Haha 2

Ping G410+ 9*, Accra TourZ X265 M5 

Ping i20 17* & 23* hybrids, stock stiff shafts

Mizuno JPX 919 HMP 4i, PX LZ 6.0

Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0

Cleveland Tour Action 49*, 53*, 57*; PX LZ 6.5 (w/ some custom heel grinding)

Ping Heppler Fetch

Snell MTB

16 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

You beat me to it.....although I am a lot closer so if he wants to store them here they are still within visiting distance!  😄

Fair enough, but we still can divide the stock, making it easy to hide all of the clubs that need to go under protection.

• Haha 2

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge