Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

JumboMaxx Grips - Swing-Weight change +\-

I've been looking at the JumboMaxx Grips.  Their tour grips are 40+ grams heavier then Golf Pride Align grips i currently use and their UtraLite are 10+ grams lighter.

My question, is how is the swing-weight changing?  Is the added grip weight reducing the swing-weight?

Driver:  :callaway-small: Callaway Mavrik Max 9° neutral weight setting - Shaft: Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 60S, length 44.75"

Wood:  :cobra-small: Cobra King SZ 3 wood 13° - Shaft: (Stock) Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65 Graphite

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: Cobra King SZ 19°-21° - Shaft: (Stock) UST Recoil 480 ESX F4

Irons: :cobra-small: 5-PW Cobra King SZ - Shaft: Nippon N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour 105

Wedges: :vokey-small: Titleist Vokey SM8 54°, 58° - Shaft: (Stock) Wedge Flex

Putter:  :scotty-small: Scotty Cameron X12, length 34"

:Clicgear: Rovic RV1S

the grip weights will change the swing weight...................... 5 gr grip = 1 swing weight point

the heavier grip will reduce swing weight, and  the lighter weight grip would increase swing weight

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

3 hours ago, Urbs_Valhalla said:

I've been looking at the JumboMaxx Grips.  Their tour grips are 40+ grams heavier then Golf Pride Align grips i currently use and their UtraLite are 10+ grams lighter.

My question, is how is the swing-weight changing?  Is the added grip weight reducing the swing-weight?

@rkj427 is correct. However, there is a lot of documentation on moment of inertia not really changing much depending on grip weight because it is so close to the butt end. 

I had a chance to swing a buddies set with them. I did not notice a huge difference in feel but, the grip is huge. I had to adjust my grip quite a bit to be able to SQUARE up the face at impact. 

I can see a benefit of someone wants to swing like Bryson with a straight angle between the arms and shaft. The grip does allow the hands to be more opposed squarely. 

Golf is simple - people are complicated.

5w Taylormade SLDR S 19* - 220yd, Ping G2 5-U - 190-105, Maltby M+ 54* & MG 60* - 95-75, Evnroll ER8, Titleist 816 H1 4h 21*, Maltby 4 Hybrid Iron 24* - 210-200, Callaway XR16 8* - 235 carry

886809507_image1(5).jpeg.56bc697c3b02b1fb00feb8d4b66389bc~2.jpeg

7 hours ago, Buffly said:

@rkj427 is correct. However, there is a lot of documentation on moment of inertia not really changing much depending on grip weight because it is so close to the butt end. 

I had a chance to swing a buddies set with them. I did not notice a huge difference in feel but, the grip is huge. I had to adjust my grip quite a bit to be able to SQUARE up the face at impact. 

I can see a benefit of someone wants to swing like Bryson with a straight angle between the arms and shaft. The grip does allow the hands to be more opposed squarely. 

I think I'm going to start with my driver and give it a try.

I do enjoy the GP MCC plus 4 Align grips for my irons.  I know some people say they cant feel the ridge on the grip but i can and it helps me get my hands set.

Driver:  :callaway-small: Callaway Mavrik Max 9° neutral weight setting - Shaft: Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 60S, length 44.75"

Wood:  :cobra-small: Cobra King SZ 3 wood 13° - Shaft: (Stock) Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65 Graphite

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: Cobra King SZ 19°-21° - Shaft: (Stock) UST Recoil 480 ESX F4

Irons: :cobra-small: 5-PW Cobra King SZ - Shaft: Nippon N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour 105

Wedges: :vokey-small: Titleist Vokey SM8 54°, 58° - Shaft: (Stock) Wedge Flex

Putter:  :scotty-small: Scotty Cameron X12, length 34"

:Clicgear: Rovic RV1S

I wonder if the size of the grip would change the how a person would close or open the face on the club .. would bigger grips make the person try to close the club face quicker or smaller grips close the club face to fast and make the person hook .. just my thoughts not even sure if it would make a difference for a person

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

I wonder if the size of the grip would change the how a person would close or open the face on the club .. would bigger grips make the person try to close the club face quicker or smaller grips close the club face to fast and make the person hook .. just my thoughts not even sure if it would make a difference for a person

Here is a small test that will provide you with some insight

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Just now, cnosil said:

Here is a small test that will provide you with some insight

awesome thanks I will check this out ! 

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

as a note, there is a big thread on this in the club tech forum at wrx.  Not trying to push you to a different golf forum but lots of good info in that thread from people who have made the change to these grips.  I just read it yesterday and it opened up my thinking to the possibility of these grips.  I have a buddy who has them on his irons, so I'm going to make a point to hit them some tomorrow and see how they feel.  

TM Sim2 Max  10.5

Ping G410 5 wood

Ping G410 7 & 9 woods 

PXG Gen 5 0311P  5-gap

PXG forged 54 & 58 wedges

PXG Operator H w/ BGT Stability shaft

• 1 year later...

I added my favorite grip CP2 Wrap - Jumbo 78g to a set of Cleveland XL Launcher irons and it made the club head feel much lighter.  The shafts on these irons already have an 8g weight placed inside the butt end of the shaft. I came about as close as a tick on a coon hound to trimming off a half inch to remove the CB. Still might do that..... 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

3 hours ago, litra said:

Here’s a video that discusses this very topic.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

Heavier grips moves the balance point higher = making the club feel lighter. The opposite is true for lighter grips. I put some JumboMax Ultralite grips on my father in law's clubs. He likes the heavier feel of the head, so he hasn't had an issue.

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7