My Golf Spy Ball Lab Report-QStar Tour

Funny that I was looking at some specials from the Pro shop around the corner from me.

image.png.dc1010fadbdddf623c0f9da1c006d9ab.png

Cut Draw Giveaways

2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag Official tester

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

MGS Fantasy football league

Unofficial - Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme

Unofficial Review - Honma TR21 4 Wood by xOldBenKenobiX

Work in Progress... Stix Golf - Woods and Putter set unofficial review.

Instagram tagging contest Crew

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5

Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60 shaft.

:titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, with UST  Mamiya Recoil 65 DART F3 Graphite shafts. Wedges  :vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, Putters   :titelist-small: Deadcenter SP-209, Tommy Armour 2019 Impact 3 TA 2021 Impact 2. Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors

Shoes: a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.

:SuperSpeed: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't think this is the case at all Coincidental note. I met with a company rep today that its  ball is one of the "Big Boys" He came into my office literally an hour or so after I read th

I know this is a favorite ball of many of our readers.  Share your thoughts below.  I'm sure there will be several, considering the outcome.  https://mygolfspy.com/ball-lab-srixon-q-star-tour-gol

Perhaps you are correct to those who don't think critically about these things and take them at face value as being there across the brand. Of course, the inverse could also be true. People could be m

Posted Images

15 hours ago, HardcoreLooper said:

Excellent post.

I'm not ditching my Z-Star XVs just yet.  But I am interested in seeing the test results.  

Man, I'm right there with you. I've got a bunch of Z-stars on hand right now. Although I did recently find out I "have to" play a tour level ball due to my swing speed, so looks like the Q-star isn't an option for me anyway.

Tony, I'm over here waiting anxiously for your Z-star review!!!

giphy.gif

Edited by Tarheelvolvo
  • Like 3

In my :ping-small: Hoofer:

:ping-small: G410 LST 10.5* - Evenflow Black 65 6.0

:nike-small: VRS Covert 3W 15* - Kuro Kage 65 S-flex

:wilson_staff_small:  D7 4-GW, KBS 105

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth 54.12 SS & 58.10 SS

:ping-small:  Zing 2 LW - 60*

:ping-small:  Anser 2

Ah, I missed that when I went back through last night just skimming the report for info. Still, I wouldn't expect based on what was stated for there to be any IBCR related fallout with the other ball models tested. Maybe, it will be something that comes up again down the line.
Ah, ok. I appreciate that the info was included and the effort Tony made to explain the findings. Keep it up guys!

Take Dead Aim

• Like 1

Take Dead Aim

Have to admit, I am a bit taken back by this!  I'm not a Srixon fan, but I have many mates that play the ball religiously.  Hearing the quality concerns listed above it just shocks me that such a popular ball and company would fall prey.  It's almost like they took a page out of the Callaway Chrome Soft quality assurance book here.  I suspect that they will be doing major damage control after this, and we'll hear about a revamp of their manufacturing process / location. If not, a change all together in location being the most notable. (Though the profit margin they're making form being there will no doubt dissuade them from moving)

BNewt51

:taylormade-small:  9* Sim  Hzrdus Smoke "Yellow" Handcrafted 6.5  (Best borrow I've ever made from a buddy)

:callaway-small:Epic Flash - 14* 3-wood Mitsubishi Tensei Blue X-stiff

:titelist-small: TSI2 19* Hybrid Tensei Blue X-Stiff

:taylormade-small: -P770 4-PW KBS C-Taper 120 S 

:taylormade-small: - 50* , 54* and 58* MG2 Wedges  Dynamic Gold Tour S200

:scotty-cameron-1: - Tour Select Square Back

:taylormade-small: - Taylormade Flextech Bag (Blue and Grey)

:taylormade-small: - TP5 and TP5 Pix 

Bushnell Tour V-4 - Non-Slope edition 🙁

*King of taking (borrowing) all my club ***** friends clubs after they've discarded them after a couple months! 🤣

On 10/21/2020 at 11:39 AM, Getoffmylawn said:

Shocking and really head-scratching.  I've heard Tony several times on No Putts Given comment on Titleist, Bridgestone, and Srixon as being the "premier" OEMs in the premium ball space.  If the Q-Star has these kind of issues it definitely begs the question, what about the Z Star?

Tony mentioned during an NPG episode a while back that there seemed to be a correlation between quality/consistency and price point and that was across the board for all OEMs. I’m willing to bet that the Z Star results will be better.

• Like 2

:titelist-small:  915D3

:titelist-small:  909F2

:titelist-small:  690.CB

:titelist-small:  Vokey SM5

:ping-small:  iWi D66