TESTERS WANTED! ×

2020 Official Member Review: Titleist TSi Drivers

GolfSpy MPR

1 hour ago, Shankster said:

Have any of you hit the fairways along with the driver yet?  

I hit both the TSi2 and 3 yesterday. I was pretty tired after all the driver swings so it wasn't the best representation, but one thing that was clear was that the TSi2 launched effortlessly. Most of the numbers were on par with the 3w in my signature, but the descent angle was better so I'd be more likely to hold a green on a par 5. That said, I need to loft up my 3w (currently at 14*) now that I won't be using it off the tee as much.

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi 3 10* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X 

Fairway/Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSi 2 15* & 18* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X, AD IZ 95X

Irons: :taylormade-small: P790 4i, P770 5-7i, P7MC 8-P, $ Taper 120

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 52F/54 S, 58 M w/ Modus 125

Putter:  :cameron-small:  California Hollywood 34" Circle H

It is interesting how different the shaft profile is that I was fit into compared to what i self-fit myself into:

Fit based on yesterday

image.png.8992cc1284d2ae06a5c623ee76c0b7f5.png

Self-fit (based on my "ideas" that I have) in my current gamer

811584255_VentusRed.jpg.0ad43f4a648ac993493392f05cd64f5b.jpg

I know that shaft flex measurement isn't standardized across companies, but the butt stiffness classification between the two is about as drastic as you can get: "soft" vs. "ultra-stiff"

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

I plan to use Shotscope during the testing for on course data.  I mentioned some of my current numbers in a post above--but those are Iowa numbers and the test will be in Florida.  I plan to delete all my rounds in Iowa and start new with all Florida numbers.  I plan to get Florida numbers for my current driver before the TSi arrives so as to provide "apples to apples" numbers.  

I've been contemplating picking up a Rapsodo for this testing course. 🤔

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

Sounds like everyone had a good fitting session. Especially intrigued by @HeathS16 since it seems we have similar numbers with the driver (well, at least when I'm not hitting it super poor like at the moment). Definitely excited to see this testing start.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

@hartrick

I’m saving your fitting review to pull out for every time we get someone who Willy nilly claims that everyone should cut their driver down to 44.5 or whatever.

As soon as you think about it you should just go get fit and see if it’s true. I’ve even seen that different head/shaft combos more get need a different length to be maximized,at least for me they may.

I’ve loved reading about the fitting experiences.

Thanks guys!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

3 hours ago, TSauer said:

I've been contemplating picking up a Rapsodo for this testing course. 🤔

I endorse this contemplation 🙂   I'm really enjoying mine. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Sounds like everyone had a good fitting session. Especially intrigued by [mention=64755]HeathS16[/mention] since it seems we have similar numbers with the driver (well, at least when I'm not hitting it super poor like at the moment). Definitely excited to see this testing start.

It became very clear that I was not maximizing my equipment set up with my current gamer. Hoping these numbers will be a consistent thing.

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

The fitting stories and info have been pure gold. Love the fact that you all shared them with us. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

2 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Uh Oh!!  It has started.  You know that time when your shopping, have bought or are lucky enough to be testing a new club, and the current said club finds out about it, and becomes more stubborn than a 2 year old!

Yep, that's what happened today, in a scramble I played in.  I have been driving the ball very well the past 3 weeks or so.  Then today, getting to play from the gold tees due to my age, I had a 30 to 60 yard gain  on some holes, and only took advantage of it once.  Driver was just so so.    My white hitting tee teammates weren't impressed..LOL

Luckily they all had an exceptional day driving, and pretty much everything else, as we tied for 1st but lost on the tie breaker, we birdied the No. 2 handicap hole and the other team eagled it (a par 5)

So the TSi 2 can't get here soon enough!

That's funny, I had the opposite experience.  With the Honma TR20 on the way my Epic suddenly put up a fight to stay in the bag.  A losing fight, mind you, but a fight nonetheless.

Funny how once you have a new shiny object coming, somehow the old one is less shiny and no longer "fits the eye" huh?  Ha ha...

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

12 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Uh Oh!!  It has started.  You know that time when your shopping, have bought or are lucky enough to be testing a new club, and the current said club finds out about it, and becomes more stubborn than a 2 year old!

Yep, that's what happened today, in a scramble I played in.  I have been driving the ball very well the past 3 weeks or so.  Then today, getting to play from the gold tees due to my age, I had a 30 to 60 yard gain  on some holes, and only took advantage of it once.  Driver was just so so.    My white hitting tee teammates weren't impressed..LOL

Luckily they all had an exceptional day driving, and pretty much everything else, as we tied for 1st but lost on the tie breaker, we birdied the No. 2 handicap hole and the other team eagled it (a par 5)

My driver is always mad at me, but I feel your pain. 😂

Titleist 975J

Callaway Hawkeye 3 Wood

Ben Hogan CFT Hybrid, Apex Plus Irons

Cleveland 588 Wedges

Scotty Newport 2 Mid Slant Pro Platinum

I've got a round coming up on Sunday and have tweaked my Epic to more closely match how I was fitted with the TSi. I hope it feels the pressure and at least decides to put up a light protest!

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi 3 10* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X 

Fairway/Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSi 2 15* & 18* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X, AD IZ 95X

Irons: :taylormade-small: P790 4i, P770 5-7i, P7MC 8-P, $ Taper 120

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 52F/54 S, 58 M w/ Modus 125

Putter:  :cameron-small:  California Hollywood 34" Circle H

I am sort of freaking out trying to find a playable combo with my SIM Max for the next few weeks until the TSi 2 comes. Went into the bag of shafts in the garage this morning, found an unplayed Hzrdus Red. Tipped it an inch and threw on a TM adaptor. Lets see if this can hold me over until the TSi comes.

Updated 07/15/2022
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip

Your age, still a youngster!
It’s amazing when you get to “that age” or skill level to move up a notch. Makes life easier for everyone.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Well I suppose most of you know about my role here, if you don't then that means I'm like a good referee, I do my job and you don't notice me. 

But in short for the new members: My name is Rob/Robert either one is fine.  I have been on MGS for 4 years now, and am my third year of serving in an administrator role, one year as a moderator and the past 18 months as Forum Director along with Golfspy_Studque.   My full time job is the Tournament Director of a golf course in Maryland.   

I get the opportunity to try and or buy a lot of equipment, and I take full advantage of it. Matter of fact during my fitting video with IAN on TXG, we joked about that.  I was afraid he was going to give me hell, but he thought it was great.  

While I will play just about anything that has a grip and head on it, it's not secret that my "home brand" if you will is Titleist.  But PING, Mizuno, TM, Callaway, Srixon, Wilson, PXG  and Cobra have all had a spot in the bag at some point or another.    So needless to say, I'm thrilled to be part of this testing.

I'm not the longest hitter, maybe 210 off the tee, and my handicap has moved as often as my bag setup has.  As high as 22 at the beginning of 2018 to a low of 15.9 at the end of last year.  This year, due to COVID and a course that is so damn busy I can't even get a tee time as an employee, I haven't played as much and didn't register an official index this year....I know shame on me.   I'll change that in 2021 as I hope to play a few tournaments, that I didn't this year.

What I hope to accomplish in this testing:

As I enter my 6th decade, I believe I'm the second most "experienced" golfer in this testing, in which I gladly bow to our esteemed RickP on that honor.  I don't expect to magically find 30 more yards with this driver.  But here is what I'm really hoping for.  I'm taking a pretty solid driver in my TS1 into the fitting.  I have had it since it's release last June when it unseated the stalwart PING G410+ , and while others...MAVRIK Sub Zero, Cobra SZ Extreme have had some time in the bag, the TS1 has been the one nothing could beat.  Not so much in distance, as I'm pretty sure you can put any driver in my hand and it's going to go 190 on the short end and 225 on the long end and no more.  But it has been the most consistent.  During my last 72 holes, I hit an amazing 49/56 fairways.    Now all the raving about the TS1 said, I know I am generating too much spin with it.   Often times, the ball leaves the clubface like it's going to go a mile--or at least 250 yards, and it settles softly into the 190 to 210 territory.   I have some idea, but not concrete proof, that I am getting way too much spin off this head/shaft combo.   

So I'm anxious to see what the guys at Titleist Thursday--tomorrow afternoon-can do to put a better combo in my hands. 

The 190-210 is where I’m at right now also. A little more sure would be nice.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Just don't do what I would do (buy a bunch of extra shafts from ebay that i think would fit)

Me too...

Rick

Left Hand, 

1 hour ago, Rickp said:

I did get my Titleist TSi2 specs, this driver, could be my favorite ever. I may have said that B4 but this time I mean it.
I’m not going to discuss too much about the fitting right now as there was a glitch, not a Titleist problem but probably my judgement on fitter. I’ll hash this out in the review.
We selected TSi2 11*, Kuro Kage Black DC 5G SFW
55gram
A Flex.
STD lie
Golf Pride CCM plus 4 STD

My swing speed was a shock, went from 88-90 to 83-84 in a 1.5 years.
Launch angle 12.5*

The fitter though that the Tensi Blue AFlex 55 gr might be better but finally we went w the Kuro Kage.
I’ll be throwing more info in next day or 2 but wanted to get this out there.
I did bring my Cobra F8 w me and the TSI2 was 5 yards longer, pretty good start for an Ole Guy.

Yep same thing with the Tensei as well for me.  But in the end, this one felt a bit better 

Yep same thing with the Tensei as well for me.  But in the end, this one felt a bit better 

You got a bit more carry than I did w Kuro Kage.

Rick

Left Hand, 

One thing I forgot to mention. When feasible, I will start taking lessons again because there are some things that I need to improve with my swing. I also want to work on increasing my swing speed as well. My fitter, who also is an instructor, said that the combo I got (TSi 2 with the GD XC-6 Stiff) will still be a great combo after I make swing improvements. He said he wanted to be sure the combo was something that would work well after swing changes.

Updated 07/15/2022

16 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

One thing I forgot to mention. When feasible, I will start taking lessons again because there are some things that I need to improve with my swing. I also want to work on increasing my swing speed as well. My fitter, who also is an instructor, said that the combo I got (TSi 2 with the GD XC-6 Stiff) will still be a great combo after I make swing improvements. He said he wanted to be sure the combo was something that would work well after swing changes.

Always a consideration when not on an unlimited budget; we’re all hoping and planning to have a swing that’s better the next day than it was today...the club has to work for an improved action too.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

22 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Always a consideration when not on an unlimited budget; we’re all hoping and planning to have a swing that’s better the next day than it was today...the club has to work for an improved action too.

For sure. And in my opinion, a club that fits well today will generally work well with an improved swing, unless the club has some extreme bias to it. For example, extreme draw biased club to correct a out to in slice, and then after swing changes, you now swing in to out. I could see how that may cause an issue after the swing change.

But I don't think i would have that type of issue with the TSi 2.

One specific item the fitter called out was I asked if I should loft up to 11 to improve my launch angle and he said no, because that is something likely that I will improve on with lessons, since my swing was so negative AOA.

Updated 07/15/2022

Now we wait. This is the hard part.

Updated 07/15/2022

3 hours ago, dlow206 said:

Now we wait. This is the hard part.

LOL!! We see this in every single club test, every single one.   But since I’m in this one with you, i can relate! 

I suggest putting away your calandar, turning the date off your watch snd don’t look at the dateline of any posts.  It’ll just make the weight longer. 

25 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

LOL!! We see this in every single club test, every single one.   But since I’m in this one with you, i can relate! 

I suggest putting away your calandar, turning the date off your watch snd don’t look at the dateline of any posts.  It’ll just make the weight longer. 

I will turn my attention to waiting for my iPhone 12 Pro lol.

Updated 07/15/2022

Thank you to all the testers for sharing their fitting experiences, it really adds credibility to the testing that will be performed, and hopefully all the great results you will experience.

It also is great that there is a wide ranging and diverse group that will be reporting out their individual results.

This reading of testing and results will make it that much easier for those of us in locations where shorter golf seasons come into play to endure the next few months and look forward to getting back out on the courses come spring.

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

Have you ever completely lost confidence in your equipment? That is where I am at as of today with my SIM Max. Just couldn't get along with it today. Really need that TSi 2 to come 😄

Updated 07/15/2022

1 hour ago, dlow206 said:

Have you ever completely lost confidence in your equipment? That is where I am at as of today with my SIM Max. Just couldn't get along with it today. Really need that TSi 2 to come 😄

You do know, of course, that clubs have personalities.  Your SIM Max knows you are getting a TSi2 and it's jealous.  It's punishing you.  Better get used to it.  🤣

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

You do know, of course, that clubs have personalities.  Your SIM Max knows you are getting a TSi2 and it's jealous.  It's punishing you.  Better get used to it.  🤣

This is a true fact! All clubs are afraid of the dark corner of the garage

Rick

Left Hand,