Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

2020 Official Member Review: Titleist TSi Drivers

GolfSpy MPR

2 hours ago, Rickp said:

This is a true fact! All clubs are afraid of the dark corner of the garageemoji33.png

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I have a closet I have named "purgatory" for all of my...discontents. 

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

On 10/21/2020 at 3:37 PM, dlow206 said:

Throwing out something here for fun. Anyone want to guess what shaft that I am fitted into tomorrow during the fitting (shaft, flex, weight), based on the info I provided about my game? I will give away a small prize for who ever guesses the right (or closest) shaft.

You can assume the shafts will be from this list: https://www.titleist.com/golf-clubs/golf-drivers/tsi2

Awesome idea!  Thanks for adding a great touch to the test.  I'm going to go with Kuro Kage Black 55 S.

*edit* And I am way late to the party and still wrong 🤣

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

42 minutes ago, DPattGolf said:

Really looking forward to hearing what everyone’s feedback on the TSi line.

With that said I was very fortunate to get an opportunity 2 weeks ago to get fit for a driver and 3 wood, both of which just showed up in the mail today!

While I'm not an official tester I definitely excited to contribute in an unofficial manner 

Did you get yours early because you work in the golf industry?

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

15 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Yes. I would imagine that would be why I have gotten it before you guys.

*:taylormade-small: Staff Professional*

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (7.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X Tipped 1" 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (14.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x Tipped 1"

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

4 Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (5-7) :taylormade-small: P7MC - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (8-P) :taylormade-small: P7MB - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 Black 50.09 / 55.11 - KBS TOUR FLT 130 X

60* Wedge: :taylormade-small: High Toe Raw - KBS Tour 130 X

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpg Custom Black ER2 or Custom Black :taylormade-small: Del Monte

Bag:  :taylormade-small: FlexTech Stand Bag

Glove:  :taylormade-small: Tour Preferred Glove

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5X #11

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: R1 Smart Rangefinder

Instagram: @dpattgolf

3 hours ago, dlow206 said:

I could have gotten mine early as well, but I wouldn't do that to you guys 🙂  We're a team right!!

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

1 minute ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I could have gotten mine early as well, but I wouldn't do that to you guys 🙂  We're a team right!!

I can't wait. If I can hit any sort of functional tee shot along with my current iron game, i can break 90 soon.

Updated 07/15/2022
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip

I could have gotten mine early as well, but I wouldn't do that to you guys   We're a team right!!

Sure......

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

10 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Someone has to bat leadoff.  Send the stick! 😁

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

I could have gotten mine early as well, but I wouldn't do that to you guys   We're a team right!!

Massive respect for this!

1 hour ago, HeathS16 said:

Massive respect for this!

Actually if anyone could have it was @hartrick11he was right there in the willy wonka chocolate factory 😎😎

Actually if anyone could have it was [mention=81575]hartrick11[/mention]he was right there in the willy wonka chocolate factory

That’s got to be an experience

Rick

Left Hand, 

I’m still only 15 minutes away. Happy to head back to pick it up directly if it’s built...🤣

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi 3 10* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X 

Fairway/Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSi 2 15* & 18* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X, AD IZ 95X

Irons: :taylormade-small: P790 4i, P770 5-7i, P7MC 8-P, $ Taper 120

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 52F/54 S, 58 M w/ Modus 125

Putter:  :cameron-small:  California Hollywood 34" Circle H

So just a fitting update, in case there are any eagle eyes out there that track these sort of things and mention it later 🙂 

As we golfers are often prone to do, I started wondering about a couple of the results in my fitting and some things I began to doubt.   Rainy Sundays are never good for letting the mind wonder.

So first thing Monday, I was able to get in touch with one of the guys at 2nd swing, which in my mind offers fittings every bit as good if not better than Club Champion. In any case, I went in to see him and didn't say anything about my previous results, just that I wanted to go through a TSi 2/3 fitting.

So we went through the whole process, I'll spare everyone the boredom of seeing another home movie.  

But the two biggest differences that came out of this fitting, I hit more shafts, not just the featured shafts, but two of the premium shafts as well.  

The good news, is the shaft result was the same as the Titleist Thursday fitting. So I had that bug answered.  I had began to wonder if one of the other shafts would have reduced my spin even more than the KK Black.   They really didn't.  And the lightweight of the KK kept my swing speed up a bit.  

The big differences was we talked about length and club head loft.  After seeing my baseline swings with the TS1, he  immediately went to a 9 degree head versus the 10 degree from the previous fitting. We stayed there and never wandered, it can always be lofted up as we know if I ever feel I need to. 

Then noticing my misses were slightly heel side no matter which shaft we tried, we went shorter in the shaft to 45" from the stock 45.5".   My impact was more centered with those, and actually my swing path which is always a bit out to in, was reduced to 2* out/in from around 5*, meaning I got some more ball speed, about 2 mph more.  My smash factor--which we all now know should be taken with a grain of salt--went from the 143 to the 146 and even a couple 149/150's.  

So I came away from this one feeling, no doubt in my setup.   Fortunately with the time difference between here and CA, I was able to get it into Titleist in time to make the change. 

So just a fitting update, in case there are any eagle eyes out there that track these sort of things and mention it later  
As we golfers are often prone to do, I started wondering about a couple of the results in my fitting and some things I began to doubt.   Rainy Sundays are never good for letting the mind wonder.
So first thing Monday, I was able to get in touch with one of the guys at 2nd swing, which in my mind offers fittings every bit as good if not better than Club Champion. In any case, I went in to see him and didn't say anything about my previous results, just that I wanted to go through a TSi 2/3 fitting.
So we went through the whole process, I'll spare everyone the boredom of seeing another home movie.  
But the two biggest differences that came out of this fitting, I hit more shafts, not just the featured shafts, but two of the premium shafts as well.  
The good news, is the shaft result was the same as the Titleist Thursday fitting. So I had that bug answered.  I had began to wonder if one of the other shafts would have reduced my spin even more than the KK Black.   They really didn't.  And the lightweight of the KK kept my swing speed up a bit.  
The big differences was we talked about length and club head loft.  After seeing my baseline swings with the TS1, he  immediately went to a 9 degree head versus the 10 degree from the previous fitting. We stayed there and never wandered, it can always be lofted up as we know if I ever feel I need to. 
Then noticing my misses were slightly heel side no matter which shaft we tried, we went shorter in the shaft to 45" from the stock 45.5".   My impact was more centered with those, and actually my swing path which is always a bit out to in, was reduced to 2* out/in from around 5*, meaning I got some more ball speed, about 2 mph more.  My smash factor--which we all now know should be taken with a grain of salt--went from the 143 to the 146 and even a couple 149/150's.  
So I came away from this one feeling, no doubt in my setup.   Fortunately with the time difference between here and CA, I was able to get it into Titleist in time to make the change. 

This just makes me laugh. We are all full of doubt and have to put our faith in the fitter. No fitting is perfect and if you didn’t another fitting today with another fitter you may get additional differences. Trust the process and just swing as fast as you can.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

So just a fitting update, in case there are any eagle eyes out there that track these sort of things and mention it later  

Oh boy, as if I didn’t have enough doubt
That’s great you were able tweak it in time. I think we ALL go through those thoughts afterwards. Golfers are skittish anyway.....

Rick

Left Hand, 

1 hour ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Fortunately with the time difference between here and CA, I was able to get it into Titleist in time to make the change.

Was our takeaway from this supposed to be that our drivers are going into production today? 😁

Updated 07/15/2022

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

This just makes me laugh. We are all full of doubt and have to put our faith in the fitter. No fitting is perfect and if you didn’t another fitting today with another fitter you may get additional differences. Trust the process and just swing as fast as you can.

You can always count on me to brighten your day, or feel more sane about yourself.  You are correct in that we are always full of doubt.  The biggest thing eating at me was could it have been a bit more if we tried this.    But the important thing is I got confirmation on the shaft, so that's good, but that a couple other things that weren't tried on Thursday led to a bit better results. 

35 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Oh boy, as if I didn’t have enough doubtemoji33.png
That’s great you were able tweak it in time. I think we ALL go through those thoughts afterwards. Golfers are skittish anyway.....emoji12.png

Yeah, we are full of doubts arent' we!

1 minute ago, dlow206 said:

Was our takeaway from this supposed to be that our drivers are going into production today? 😁

Ha... No that wasn't a secret message.  Only that I got it in before the orders were submitted, I don't know when they will actually go into production.  

Hahaha well glad you were able to scratch that itch. Currently sitting in the worst ice storm in OK history with no power. The TSi has been on my mind constantly...just want to see if I can replicate what happened on that fine day!

49 minutes ago, HeathS16 said:

Hahaha well glad you were able to scratch that itch. Currently sitting in the worst ice storm in OK history with no power. The TSi has been on my mind constantly...just want to see if I can replicate what happened on that fine day!

Oh man, that's awfully early for a storm like that and the worst in history none the less.  That just means you're due for an unsual warm up in about two weeks 🙂

Weather here is unusually cold as well, gonna have to order a heater for the golf cart because idc if they’re calling for snow.. I’m still hitting this thing day 1. If I know Missouri weather though, I’m sure it’ll be sunny and 70 in November.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

Brutal that an ice storm is already hitting @HeathS16! Hope that melts quickly...

As usual, no weather issues here, but I'm taking a pre-emptive weekend off from golf this week to spend extra time with the family and ensure I am able to play each weekend for the rest of November (and maybe a bonus Thanksgiving round) with the new boom stick once it arrives (likely) next week.

Planning GIFs | Tenor

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi 3 10* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X 

Fairway/Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSi 2 15* & 18* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X, AD IZ 95X

Irons: :taylormade-small: P790 4i, P770 5-7i, P7MC 8-P, $ Taper 120

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 52F/54 S, 58 M w/ Modus 125

Putter:  :cameron-small:  California Hollywood 34" Circle H

Being a weather forecaster in San diego must be one of the most boring jobs in the world.  I lived there for 8 years (Point Loma and La Jolla) and can still recite the forecast by heart.  "The high tomorrow will be 72 degrees, with a slight off shore breeze.  The coastal marine layer will burn off around 10:00.  Sunset will be at....  Tune in tomorrow for the same report."  

Except for June, of course.  I can't say I miss the June Gloom.  

Weather was unseasonably cold in the Seattle area last week, but back up to normal now. Mid 50s, perfect golf weather 😃

Updated 07/15/2022

1 hour ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Oh man, that's awfully early for a storm like that and the worst in history none the less.  That just means you're due for an unsual warm up in about two weeks 🙂

Luckily we are back into the 60s by the weekend but before then we are in for almost 2 inches of ice 🙂 Find by me, Ill doze by the fire and dream sweet TSi dreams. 

1 hour ago, TSauer said:

Weather here is unusually cold as well, gonna have to order a heater for the golf cart because idc if they’re calling for snow.. I’m still hitting this thing day 1. If I know Missouri weather though, I’m sure it’ll be sunny and 70 in November.

Hope this ice storm stays south of you! 70 sounds super nice. 

1 hour ago, hartrick11 said:

Brutal that an ice storm is already hitting @HeathS16! Hope that melts quickly...

As usual, no weather issues here, but I'm taking a pre-emptive weekend off from golf this week to spend extra time with the family and ensure I am able to play each weekend for the rest of November (and maybe a bonus Thanksgiving round) with the new boom stick once it arrives (likely) next week.

Planning GIFs | Tenor

That sounds like a good plan. I've just pre-conditioned the wife that I will need plenty of time to get to know the new stick so that will mean more rounds this fall 🙂 

1 hour ago, hartrick11 said:

Planning GIFs | Tenor

I love your Strategery!!!

I am anxiously waiting to hear some noise on these.... 

4 minutes ago, Shankster said:

I mean just look at it...

7EEC9D09-F613-4004-A747-F037E2222FB3.png

The TSi series looks great in person. At my fitting, i didn't get to mess around and take too much time observing the head and face, there is a Covid rule for the fitting about not touching anywhere except the grip.

Updated 07/15/2022

2 hours ago, hartrick11 said:

Planning GIFs | Tenor

That's a great plan, score the points early to be redeemed when it counts!