Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

2020 Official Member Review: Titleist TSi Drivers

GolfSpy MPR

Being a weather forecaster in San diego must be one of the most boring jobs in the world.  I lived there for 8 years (Point Loma and La Jolla) and can still recite the forecast by heart.  "The high tomorrow will be 72 degrees, with a slight off shore breeze.  The coastal marine layer will burn off around 10:00.  Sunset will be at....  Tune in tomorrow for the same report."  

Except for June, of course.  I can't say I miss the June Gloom.  

Orlando #2, hot & humid, that is all.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

2 hours ago, Rickp said:

Orlando #2, hot & humid, that is all.

With passing thunderstorm likely in the afternoon.  

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

With passing thunderstorm likely in the afternoon.  

Yup, it is right now, started @ 5:00

Rick

Left Hand, 

Now i am ready for the review to get started

FFD6DF2F-6B88-45EA-8A9A-A834E4DE69DD.jpeg.ab9924507bde99fa3ec8ca7e1d5a7d7b.jpeg

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

I have 3-4 of those, great hats cold weather. Fortunately have only needed them a few times in last 9 years.

Rick

Left Hand, 

46 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Look good, play good am I right? 

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

While we wait, wanted to give some thoughts on the shaft that I was fitted into: Graphite Design AD-XC 6S.

Here is how Graphite Design classifies the profile and launch/spin characteristics:

image.png.6404bcc452658fac5182f7b2e6cab1b3.png
Source: https://proschoicegolfshafts.com/tour-ad-xc-shafts/ 

I don't claim to be a shaft expert, but typically when i think about a low/low shaft, I think of a super stiff, stout shaft. I think the first thing to look at is, what does Graphite Design consider a low/mid launch shaft. If we look at the S3/Cool Clubs data, we can see what "Cool Clubs" defines as a mid-launch shaft. Based on this graph, it seems like the AD XC-6 S is just about as close to a mid-launch shaft as possible.

S3_launch_ADXC.png
Source: https://mygolfspy.com/shaft-review-graphite-design-tour-ad-xc/

Looking at torque, the shaft is what would be considered low torque. Advertised torque is 3.2, but measured torque from multiple sources is around 2.9.

Based on looking at the different elements of the shaft profile, the shaft should be stable but smooth. Based on the fitting, that is how the shaft felt to me, but definitely need to spend more time with it before i fully come to that conclusion. Based on Pluggedingolf's review, they came to a similar conclusion: " it’s very stable.  However, the butt section of the Tour AD XC has a very strong kick."

Updated 07/15/2022
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip

1 hour ago, dlow206 said:

While we wait, wanted to give some thoughts on the shaft that I was fitted into: Graphite Design AD-XC 6S.

Here is how Graphite Design classifies the profile and launch/spin characteristics:

image.png.6404bcc452658fac5182f7b2e6cab1b3.png
Source: https://proschoicegolfshafts.com/tour-ad-xc-shafts/ 

I don't claim to be a shaft expert, but typically when i think about a low/low shaft, I think of a super stiff, stout shaft. I think the first thing to look at is, what does Graphite Design consider a low/mid launch shaft. If we look at the S3/Cool Clubs data, we can see what "Cool Clubs" defines as a mid-launch shaft. Based on this graph, it seems like the AD XC-6 S is just about as close to a mid-launch shaft as possible.

S3_launch_ADXC.png
Source: https://mygolfspy.com/shaft-review-graphite-design-tour-ad-xc/

Looking at torque, the shaft is what would be considered low torque. Advertised torque is 3.2, but measured torque from multiple sources is around 2.9.

Based on looking at the different elements of the shaft profile, the shaft should be stable but smooth. Based on the fitting, that is how the shaft felt to me, but definitely need to spend more time with it before i fully come to that conclusion. Based on Pluggedingolf's review, they came to a similar conclusion: " it’s very stable.  However, the butt section of the Tour AD XC has a very strong kick."

This was the shaft I was most intrigued by going into my fitting. I had hit the DI and IZ before, as well as Ventus & Tensei (though not the raw version) & HZRDUS (but not the new RDX version).

I found the kick to be super strong, and as a result the "feel" was awesome, but it didn't translate to results as my left misses came back with a vengence. Two caveats though - this was the last one I tried so fatigue may have been a factor. They also only had the 6x in stock, not the 7x that the fitter would have had me try if he thought that shaft was the one (he thought it was too soft up in the grip section anyway). 

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi 3 10* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X 

Fairway/Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSi 2 15* & 18* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X, AD IZ 95X

Irons: :taylormade-small: P790 4i, P770 5-7i, P7MC 8-P, $ Taper 120

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 52F/54 S, 58 M w/ Modus 125

Putter:  :cameron-small:  California Hollywood 34" Circle H

1 minute ago, hartrick11 said:

This was the shaft I was most intrigued by going into my fitting. I had hit the DI and IZ before, as well as Ventus & Tensei (though not the raw version) & HZRDUS (but not the new RDX version).

I found the kick to be super strong, and as a result the "feel" was awesome, but it didn't translate to results as my left misses came back with a vengence. Two caveats though - this was the last one I tried so fatigue may have been a factor. They also only had the 6x in stock, not the 7x that the fitter would have had me try if he thought that shaft was the one (he thought it was too soft up in the grip section anyway). 

It may have worked well for me because i have mostly a right miss. the XC-6S combined with TSi 2 definitely kept my right-side miss in control. My good swings resulted in a nice baby fade. My bad swings with the TSi 2 and XC-6S resulted in much better shots than my SIM Max/Ventus Red combo. I could still miss slightly right with the TSi 2/XC-6S, but not off the planet right.

Updated 07/15/2022

Thanks for everyone that participated in the mini-contest of guessing which shaft that I would get fitted in. The closest guess was from @Lacassem. He guessed right shaft brand, weight class, and flex, but was just off on the model. Please PM me your address, have a small prize to send.

On 10/21/2020 at 5:39 PM, Lacassem said:

Love it.

just winging this one and going with the AD DI. Seems like you’re looking for a little higher launch and little more roll. Not knowing what your tempo or swing speed is this is my best guess with a stiffer tip and a softer middle.

0AF22260-84E4-4A09-BC38-0BEB71F26B0E.jpeg

Updated 07/15/2022

14 hours ago, dlow206 said:

Thanks for everyone that participated in the mini-contest of guessing which shaft that I would get fitted in. The closest guess was from @Lacassem. He guessed right shaft brand, weight class, and flex, but was just off on the model. Please PM me your address, have a small prize to send.

I had never won anything until I joined MGS. SWEETTTTTT!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Today is officially the first day the TSi series can be ordered, with the official launch date for clubs being in hand on Nov 12. Maybe us testers will get them a few days early 😃

Updated 07/15/2022

Today is officially the first day the TSi series can be ordered, with the official launch date for clubs being in hand on Nov 12. Maybe us testers will get them a few days early 

Could be........

Rick

Left Hand, 

All of this talk... I truly cannot wait to see what the TSi4 looks like (yes I’ve seen pictures on the other place).  I have the thumbs up for a new driver from the boss.  

Half tempted to just get fitted for the TS4 or TS3... but I really like the idea of a smaller head profile.  My fitting plans had to get canceled that I was planning on for this week due to an unforeseen event... plus a mega math exam on top of 2 other assignments... only two more semesters. 

1 minute ago, Shankster said:

All of this talk... I truly cannot wait to see what the TSi4 looks like (yes I’ve seen pictures on the other place).  I have the thumbs up for a new driver from the boss.  

Half tempted to just get fitted for the TS4 or TS3... but I really like the idea of a smaller head profile.  My fitting plans had to get canceled that I was planning on for this week due to an unforeseen event... plus a mega math exam on top of 2 other assignments... only two more semesters. 

Yeah, as hard as it is to wait, I'd hold off and do the fitting with the new heads.   My fitter told me here are a lot of previous TS3 players that are being fit into the Tsi2.  The heads really are that different. 

30 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Today is officially the first day the TSi series can be ordered, with the official launch date for clubs being in hand on Nov 12. Maybe us testers will get them a few days early 😃

🤷‍♂️

So I went out yesterday and hit about 3 of our best holes to hit driver on and got some bench marks with my current TS1 driver and marked the spots for each of them, to compare with the TSi.   Also used three different balls to see how they performed.

My usual ProvX, the Bridgestone RX and a White Box ball from Wilson 🙂 🙂   I was impressed!

1 minute ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

So I went out yesterday and hit about 3 of our best holes to hit driver on and got some bench marks with my current TS1 driver and marked the spots for each of them, to compare with the TSi.   Also used three different balls to see how they performed.

My usual ProvX, the Bridgestone RX and a White Box ball from Wilson 🙂 🙂   I was impressed!

I don't need to benchmark my SIM Max, usually in the trees off to the right, only about 200 yard drive after hitting a tree. 😂

That's exaggerated, not quite that bad. I have some benchmarks to use from my Shotscope data.

Updated 07/15/2022

I really like how Titleist puts together a matrix based on their classification of shafts across brands. They don't solely rely on the shaft vendor's profiles, and they also classify launch and spin for each weight of a particular shaft. The shaft that I was fitted into for example, the GD AD-XC 6S. GD classifies Low/Mid launch, Low spin. Titleist classifies the same shaft as Mid-launch, Low-Mid spin. 

Also, many shaft vendors classify their shafts as high launch, low spin. Titleist does not classify any shafts as truly meeting this category.

1487577655_TitleistShaftOptions.jpg.27a85663789bd7102aef516bc885e09b.jpg

Updated 07/15/2022

48 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

I really like how Titleist puts together a matrix based on their classification of shafts across brands. They don't solely rely on the shaft vendor's profiles, and they also classify launch and spin for each weight of a particular shaft. The shaft that I was fitted into for example, the GD AD-XC 6S. GD classifies Low/Mid launch, Low spin. Titleist classifies the same shaft as Mid-launch, Low-Mid spin. 

Also, many shaft vendors classify their shafts as high launch, low spin. Titleist does not classify any shafts as truly meeting this category.

1487577655_TitleistShaftOptions.jpg.27a85663789bd7102aef516bc885e09b.jpg

It’s a perfect example of how there’s no standard in the industry. Also this is why you sometimes see the torque or other specs listed on their page be different from the manufacturer. They do their own testing and as we know each manufacturer tests torque and stuff differently

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

8 hours ago, dlow206 said:

giphy.gif

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

I see a fedex package coming from titleist next week in my fedex app...

Updated 07/15/2022

I just got a call from an unknown number. I pick those up like 0% of the time, but was expecting a work call so I answered it. It was my local Golfmart saying they had a Titleist box that was addressed to me! Did I order my club through Golfmart? NOPE. So weird. I guess FedEx dropped it off there instead of to my house? Luckily Golfmart has my number...🙃

Headed there later today to pick up this new beauty. I really outsmarted myself by booking time with the wife and in-laws this weekend thinking the club would arrive next week...

Dammit GIFs | Tenor

Fairway/Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSi 2 15* & 18* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X, AD IZ 95X

I just got a call from an unknown number. I pick those up like 0% of the time, but was expecting a work call so I answered it. It was my local Golfmart saying they had a Titleist box that was addressed to me! Did I order my club through Golfmart? NOPE. So weird. I guess FedEx dropped it off there instead of to my house? Luckily Golfmart has my number...
Headed there later today to pick up this new beauty. I really outsmarted myself by booking time with the wife and in-laws this weekend thinking the club would arrive next week...
tenor.gif?itemid=4448412

Wow, that’s great news!! That sure was FAST

Rick

Left Hand, 

35 minutes ago, hartrick11 said:

I just got a call from an unknown number. I pick those up like 0% of the time, but was expecting a work call so I answered it. It was my local Golfmart saying they had a Titleist box that was addressed to me! Did I order my club through Golfmart? NOPE. So weird. I guess FedEx dropped it off there instead of to my house? Luckily Golfmart has my number...🙃

Dammit GIFs | Tenor

Crazy that it got delivered to Golfmart instead of you.

Updated 07/15/2022

I see a fedex package coming from titleist next week in my fedex app...

I just got a FedEx notification as well that a package should be here Tuesday... ohhh boy!

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

1 hour ago, dlow206 said:

Crazy that it got delivered to Golfmart instead of you.

I know! I talked to the guy at Golfmart for a bit and it apparently happens with FedEx/UPS frequently whenever they have a bulk delivery of golf club boxes. If they didn’t have my info in their system it would have been handed back to the delivery guy tomorrow and I would have probably received on Monday. 

Anyway, she’s a real beauty! 

7CA8AC2F-A649-41F4-ACA5-F39E4CE2E358.jpeg

191686DE-24D1-4A15-BAF7-675BA3C11CAC.jpeg

E5079062-5DBF-47C8-8CCB-916A2DDD5F70.jpeg

56A0160A-47D6-4670-8427-06DDF30032AF.jpeg

Anyone with experience with the SureFit hosel system..
Does the A2 or B2 setting close the face slightly? Or the C2 D2 setting.  Thanks!

IMG_1568.PNG

IMG_1568.thumb.PNG.82bebf98add75bbb1ff8007e9511e408.PNG

This explains it a bit. It’s different w left hand.

Rick

Left Hand, 

2 minutes ago, Rickp said:

IMG_1568.PNG

This explains it a bit. It’s different w left hand.

Yeah. I’ve looked at that.  Does moving the thing around change the way the club sits at address?  I remember my R1 it actually closed the face, but this just says upright?

8 minutes ago, hartrick11 said:

I know! I talked to the guy at Golfmart for a bit and it apparently happens with FedEx/UPS frequently whenever they have a bulk delivery of golf club boxes. If they didn’t have my info in their system it would have been handed back to the delivery guy tomorrow and I would have probably received on Monday. 

Anyway, she’s a real beauty! 

7CA8AC2F-A649-41F4-ACA5-F39E4CE2E358.jpeg

191686DE-24D1-4A15-BAF7-675BA3C11CAC.jpeg

E5079062-5DBF-47C8-8CCB-916A2DDD5F70.jpeg

56A0160A-47D6-4670-8427-06DDF30032AF.jpeg

That is so gorgeous.