TESTERS WANTED! ×

2020 Official Member Review: Titleist TSi Drivers

GolfSpy MPR

On 11/13/2020 at 6:36 PM, dlow206 said:

Another mini-contest.

Whoever makes the closest guess for what my longest drive during my round on 11/15 will be with the TSi 2 will win one of the Titleist ball markers. Go.

Keep in mind, weather will be wet and rainy, so won't get much roll-out. My longest drive last round was only 235, which is on the short end of the spectrum for me for longest drive. It could be one of those days again, but i am hoping not. 

Guesses:

It's raining in Seattle (it's rain here on the other side of the Cascades)... sorry, but 226 yards, IF you even get to play.  Hope I'm wrong.  😉

Does it have to be in the fairway?

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

3 hours ago, HeathS16 said:

Got in 7 holes today at Branson Hills then we got poured on. Hardest course in Missouri and the TSi 3 was putting in WORK!

IMG_2345.PNG

Soft conditions so this one was all carry.

IMG_2347.JPG

2nd best of the day. Fought a block but I’m very impressed with how well the TSi feels across the face. Very consistent as yesterday and today I put it through the ringer.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Branson Hills was the first course I played this year in late July.........................

also first time on a course since work location change made it impossible to play in a league or get in 9 holes somewhere after hours due to location and proximity to courses..............

some real pictures here to show the other's the challenges this course brings to those who play it

IMG_4655.jpg

IMG_4652.JPG

IMG_4654.jpg

IMG_4660.jpg

IMG_4667.jpg

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

26 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

It's raining in Seattle (it's rain here on the other side of the Cascades)... sorry, but 226 yards, IF you even get to play.  Hope I'm wrong.  😉

Does it have to be in the fairway?

No, doesn't need to be in the fairway. But anything too far offline at my course gets punished by trees or is OB

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

Tried to get in some range time Saturday. Turned out to be a disaster due to effects of ETA last week. Range was “Mats Only”. Couldn’t get a Tee height using the mat, rubber tee way to tall. Nothing felt right not due to driver fault.
Only thing I could take away from morning is the sound. The TSI2 is a lot quieter than the G410.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

46 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Tried to get in some range time Saturday. Turned out to be a disaster due to effects of ETA last week. Range was “Mats Only”. Couldn’t get a Tee height using the mat, rubber tee way to tall. Nothing felt right not due to driver fault.
Only thing I could take away from morning is the sound. The TSI2 is a lot quieter than the G410.

I hate driving range rubber tees. For me tee height is important and can be a disaster if the tee height is not right.

Updated 07/15/2022
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip

Branson Hills was the first course I played this year in late July.........................
also first time on a course since work location change made it impossible to play in a league or get in 9 holes somewhere after hours due to location and proximity to courses..............
some real pictures here to show the other's the challenges this course brings to those who play it

IMG_4655.jpg.1690cdd027c0d4a6ceb2d2e733f93867.jpg
IMG_4652.JPG.ab179b8035e5dd94917b1ea734719914.JPG
IMG_4654.jpg.43c7b7a08614f67de3430b8b680f63ad.jpg
IMG_4660.jpg.c1b76512770a1b8b8d5eaf12964f7c93.jpg
IMG_4667.jpg.e66bdec705778cbfdc122627c7f55279.jpg

Wow!! Everything is pretty dormant now. We were dodging rain showers the whole time so I didn’t get any pictures... Course looks amazing! I have never felt more uncomfortable standing over pretty much every shot yesterday. Every green is guarded and requires a good shot. Crazy tough course but man I loved it, can’t wait to go back and use my rain check, if you go to Branson to play Payne’s you really need to add this one to your list!

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

5 hours ago, Rickp said:

We have a golf shop with a covered, heaters for winter, mister for summer, driving range; mats only and rubber tees.  The tees were never the correct height for me, so I took one of their long tees and cut it down for my driver; put it in my bag for the next time.  problem solved.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

We have a golf shop with a covered, heaters for winter, mister for summer, driving range; mats only and rubber tees.  The tees were never the correct height for me, so I took one of their long tees and cut it down for my driver; put it in my bag for the next time.  problem solved.

Range has no mats Thurs thru Saturday. I’m having oral surgery tomorrow so no rush to pound balls.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Had a rough round including injuring my right lat pretty early on in the round. As a result, anything i hit with the driver wasn’t really reflective of a even a decent swing. 

Will carryover the mini-contest guesses to next week when i am healed back up.

Updated 07/15/2022

2 hours ago, dlow206 said:

Had a rough round including injuring my right lat pretty early on in the round. As a result, anything i hit with the driver wasn’t really reflective of a even a decent swing. 

😲   Well then I have to modify my guess!  

Well then I have to modify my guess!  

Reset when Dlow gets healed up? Don’t want to push an injury.

Rick

Left Hand, 

4 hours ago, Rickp said:

Range has no mats Thurs thru Saturday. I’m having oral surgery tomorrow so no rush to pound balls.

Ouch!  Not a fun thing to do.  Hope everything comes out OK.  

4 hours ago, Rickp said:

Good luck with that.  Hope you have some good pain meds! 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

21 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Good luck with that.  Hope you have some good pain meds! 

I need some of those pain meds right now for my injury

Updated 07/15/2022

3 hours ago, dlow206 said:

I hope you get to feeling better soon. 

17 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I hope you get to feeling better soon. 

Thanks. Learned that it is likely an intercostal muscle injury. Hopefully it gets better soon.

Updated 07/15/2022

Just range this weekend and boy was it crowded. No chance at renting a top tracer bay and had to wait to get a spot on a regular mat. I did start messing with the tracer app though. Bit of a hassle to work with but I did properly record a couple good ones and they are cool to have.  

500985E0-EED5-44DE-9C89-AAD57066D9CB.png.2d654b7b0eadfa427a9ed8f4c6fff3ee.png

I was also able to test out the consistency across the face (strictly for the testing obviously, otherwise we would stick to just hitting the middle 😜). I am really liking this aspect of the club so far. 

E9BFD04F-63A8-4A7D-AF6F-FE435557FA99.jpeg.d6512bf5e695866047014882f28c1d2b.jpeg

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi 3 10* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X 

Fairway/Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSi 2 15* & 18* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X, AD IZ 95X

Irons: :taylormade-small: P790 4i, P770 5-7i, P7MC 8-P, $ Taper 120

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 52F/54 S, 58 M w/ Modus 125

Putter:  :cameron-small:  California Hollywood 34" Circle H

Got out on a very windy day for a few holes today.   Of course the best feeling drive I have probably hit all year was dead into a 23 mph wind—based on our weather app.   

I did get this one on a slightly leas windy hole.  While not overly impressive carry, it did end up at 217 yards—- according to SX 500.   The story here is the ball speed of 124 is about 4-5 mph more than i was getting on my TS1.   I do need to get the launch up, but was teeing it a bit low due to the wind. 

Two things i need to figure out. 
1) How to convert the .mov file Rapsodo uses to a file YT will accept.  So i can post the whole video here. 

2) How for the life of me, to get off that right side and get the weight through to the left!!   I’m open to any tips or drills that have worked for others.    I know I am leaving yards back there!! 

CD696D03-3531-499D-A6C6-3DAB9B0DA2C7.png

I really can’t wait to get back out there. Im hoping this injury is healed by Sunday

Updated 07/15/2022

24 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

I really can’t wait to get back out there. Im hoping this injury is healed by Sunday

Hope you recover fast, but don’t rush it.  You don’t want to hurt yourself even worse. 

Spent some time w TSI2 driver this week. With ranges Mats Only and a unusual amount of “Seasonal Residents” making it a bit difficult.
Played Tuesday & Wednesday and didn’t play for score but getting to know the Driver. I’m not having the phenomenal results some Testers are getting. I kept thinking distance was short but actually same as G410 maybe slightly longer. I’m not getting the height (carry) I like but run out is very long. Not a good trade off but it’s still early in the Honeymoon and playing again tomorrow morning and a range north of me is threatening to open up using grass Monday.

Rick

Left Hand, 

I went to the club today to primarily work on short game shots.  Nevertheless, I hit the range for about 20 minutes and played around trying to work the ball with the TSi2.

I hit driver in groups of three shots: one straight, one draw and one fade.  I was pretty impressed with the workability of the driver.  It is much easier to draw than my Fusion.  I played a slice for eons, and I now have a hard time trying to hit a fade on command.  I thinks it's something mental--my subconscious won't let me go back to swinging the way I worked so hard to change.  Same with the TSi2.  Still, I found the TSi pretty easy to curve (draw) when I wanted to, and to hit straight most of the time.

I'll do a bit more structured test later on working the ball.  But at first blush, it worked well.   

Gonna try to squeeze in a round Saturday before Bedlam. Trying to get as much data as I can on this TSi

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

I am healed up, going to play on Sunday. 

Updated 07/15/2022

Got out for 14 holes this afternoon before darkness and the coolness sat in.
You could not have asked for a better November 20th day of weather, sunny skies and temps in the upper 60's and no winds. Played in short sleeves until the last three holes.
Really good stuff with the driver today.  I didn't use the Rapsodo as the course was packed and we had people right behind us.  But did use the SX500 to capture most drives.  Had a long of 226 and a short of 179 and that was a tragically poor swing that result in deadly duck hook that ended up in a fairway bunker.   Most were in the 196 to 210 range, which again is a bit longer than than my TS1 and just as importantly as the TS1 is they were all fairway finders.  Even a couple over the top low heel shots that didn't fly high but still managed to get out there around 190 to 195. 
My playing partner who is a died hard PING guy hit it on several holes and really liked the sound of it, and he hit one 246 and he usually lives in the 222 to 235 range.  
We also tested it out with these

30546A5B-5B4F-41BC-9CCE-67433CCC4DE9.jpeg.b011275b6b7dcef94da35622c6c7190d.jpeg

How’s the Height & Carry, are happy w that also?

Rick

Left Hand, 

35 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Got out for 14 holes this afternoon before darkness and the coolness sat in.

You could not have asked for a better November 20th day of weather, sunny skies and temps in the upper 60's and no winds. Played in short sleeves until the last three holes.

Really good stuff with the driver today.  I didn't use the Rapsodo as the course was packed and we had people right behind us.  But did use the SX500 to capture most drives.  Had a long of 226 and a short of 179 and that was a tragically poor swing that result in deadly duck hook that ended up in a fairway bunker.   Most were in the 196 to 210 range, which again is a bit longer than than my TS1 and just as importantly as the TS1 is they were all fairway finders.  Even a couple over the top low heel shots that didn't fly high but still managed to get out there around 190 to 195. 

My playing partner who is a died hard PING guy hit it on several holes and really liked the sound of it, and he hit one 246 and he usually lives in the 222 to 235 range.  

We also tested it out with these 🙂

30546A5B-5B4F-41BC-9CCE-67433CCC4DE9.jpeg

Sounds like the TSi is working well for you so far

Updated 07/15/2022

49 minutes ago, Rickp said:

How’s the Height & Carry, are happy w that also?

I didnt have any sort of LM for data today, but judt eyeballing it, height seemed around the 78-82 feet that I’ve seen when i have the rapsodo.   With the exception of those poor swings hit off the heel.  

Carry was tough to tell due to the landing areas on this course.  I will say the longest one i hit carried a slope that i never seem to hit.  It was a short par 4 of 299 where i usually hit it 190 to 195 and have right around 100 yards. 

Today was 226 and 64 yards to flag. 

I didnt have any sort of LM for data today, but judt eyeballing it, height seemed around the 78-82 feet that I’ve seen when i have the rapsodo.   With the exception of those poor swings hit off the heel.  

Carry was tough to tell due to the landing areas on this course.  I will say the longest one i hit carried a slope that i never seem to hit.  It was a short par 4 of 299 where i usually hit it 190 to 195 and have right around 100 yards. 
Today was 226 and 64 yards to flag. 

K, thanks.
Trying to figure this Driver out. Distance same as I get now but less height & carry. Going to a different range Monday that should be hitting off grass. Also there is a different Titleist fitter, May visit him if I can.

Rick

Left Hand,