TESTERS WANTED! ×

2020 Official Member Review: Titleist TSi Drivers

GolfSpy MPR

22 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Huge upcarge?   Everyone I've spoken to thinks $200 for a GD is a deal! 

i scored a GD XC 7TX for $140 last week. 

200 is a deal...i apparently robbed someone.  

@golfinnuttheres always the used market if you think prices are unreasonably high, which you have a reasonable case for. there are a LOT or once or twice hit TSi drivers out there that people are selling 

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

2 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

I gave the Motore X shaft to another forum member to give it a try.

Altruism for the win. I guess you've still got your barrel o' shafts, but maybe this process has tamed the tinkering impulse?

As an aside, I played at the West Seattle Golf Course with my brother a few winters ago: all carry/no roll is an understatement this time of year!

In any case, hope the TSi testing continues to go well for you. Thanks for your unvarnished reports!

Callaway Epic Speed + Mitsubishi MMT

TaylorMade SIM Titanium + Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

Titleist U510 20* + Paderson Kinetixx Ballistic

Mizuno 919 Forged + Paderson Kinetixx TS-I

Cleveland CBX2 54*, Vokey SM8 58*

TaylorMade Spider Tour Black

Pro V1

Headed off to range early am to get the TSI2 tuned in w -4 weight and Kuro Kage 50 gr.
Disappointed that range still closed due to overseeding until Wednesday but that’s OK.
After warmup (cool & windy) I changed a few setting and I think I’m in love. Height & Carry definitely improved but can’t judge runout because hitting into lake. Hopefully I can get this out to course Tuesday & Wednesday.
Even though hitting off mat it wasn’t bad.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

On 12/3/2020 at 8:15 AM, golfinnut said:

Maybe I missed this in the thread but ..... 

what shafts did everyone get fit into?  

I'm trying to decide which shaft to pursue with my upcoming purchase.  Since @Golfspy_CG2won't hook a brutha up with his TSi2, I have to buy my own.  So I want to make sure the shaft is correct if I'm spending that kinda cash $$$ 

98 - 102 mph club speed (the upper end on a good day when my back doesn't hurt)  HA! 

I am sitting in the ~106-108 mph swing speed range and was fit into the AD-IZ 7x. Of the non-markup shafts, the Tensei Raw Blue 75x was really good and numbers were almost even with the IZ; I would have no issues buying it. I really liked the RDX shaft too...definitely softer than the original HZRDUS and I think a little softer feeling than the smoke too, but I was getting better (higher) launch with the Tensei Blue and IZ. 

I think Titleist did a really good job with stock shaft selection. You should def get fit if you can but you have a wide range of options that may be appropriate at that swing speed. 

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi 3 10* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X 

Fairway/Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSi 2 15* & 18* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X, AD IZ 95X

Irons: :taylormade-small: P790 4i, P770 5-7i, P7MC 8-P, $ Taper 120

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 52F/54 S, 58 M w/ Modus 125

Putter:  :cameron-small:  California Hollywood 34" Circle H

Planning to get on a Trackman within the next week or so. 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

10 hours ago, dlow206 said:

Planning to get on a Trackman within the next week or so. 

On 12/4/2020 at 9:08 AM, Chip Strokes said:

i scored a GD XC 7TX for $140 last week. 

200 is a deal...i apparently robbed someone.  

@golfinnuttheres always the used market if you think prices are unreasonably high, which you have a reasonable case for. there are a LOT or once or twice hit TSi drivers out there that people are selling 

Highway robbery... guy has a 6TX and wants $300... tried $150 and gave me the bird...

Driver:taylormade-small: SIM 10.5, Graphite Design Tour AD-XC 6X 

Woods:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X

Hybrid: :ping-small: G410 3&4H, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 95X 

Irons:titelist-small: T-100 3-PW, Nippon Modus 120 X 

Wedges: :mizuno-small: T20, DG TI S400, 50/56/60

Putter:  :EVNROLL: ER1.2 W/BGT Stability Shaft

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1X-Optic Yellow

Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer

It just dawned on me that TrueSpec carries Titleist.  I wonder if a TSi  head gets pulled from the drawer 😎.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Seems to be some good feedback on these drivers. I just picked up a very lightly used TSi3 w/ ventus black 6x to try out. I also have a speeder evo 661 2.0 (dj shaft) to try it in. I will be comparing it to a Sim with the dj shaft and a ATMOS ts 7x. Can't wait to try it out.

On 12/7/2020 at 9:33 AM, wely324 said:

Seems to be some good feedback on these drivers. I just picked up a very lightly used TSi3 w/ ventus black 6x to try out. I also have a speeder evo 661 2.0 (dj shaft) to try it in. I will be comparing it to a Sim with the dj shaft and a ATMOS ts 7x. Can't wait to try it out.

Nice! Curious how your TSi3 matches up to the Sim once you get testing started. Obviously ymmv, but one of my best friends that I golf with regularly, ~4 handicap, tried out my TSi3 a couple of weeks ago and has since ditched his Sim that he had gotten fitted for about 2 months prior.  

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi 3 10* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X 

Fairway/Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSi 2 15* & 18* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X, AD IZ 95X

Irons: :taylormade-small: P790 4i, P770 5-7i, P7MC 8-P, $ Taper 120

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 52F/54 S, 58 M w/ Modus 125

Putter:  :cameron-small:  California Hollywood 34" Circle H

My course was closed for a tournament this weekend.  I decided to have some fun on the range “testing” the TSi2 against one of my previous gamers:  the Ping Eye 2 (cir. 1984).

Here are the two contenders:IMG_5134.jpg.59f78348258c6ef70926705d35cd7f63.jpg

When I got the Ping Eye 2, I remember thinking how big the club head looked compared to my persimmon driver.  My how times have changed.  It now looks miniscule next to the contemporary driver.  

IMG_5135.jpg.fbde09d56c9899a96aa547ae2e792fb1.jpg

There are no markings on the Ping shaft, only a sticker with the Ping logo and address on it. The shaft on the Ping is 1 and ½ inch shorter than the Titleist.  For fun, I decided to grip down on the Titleist by 1 and ½ inches to take shaft length out of the equation.   

IMG_5136.jpg.e905102debdd60b9dee867326f5b2979.jpg

Besides the size of the club head, the weight of the club jumped out.  The Ping is a much heavier club.  (Sorry, I don’t have a scale here in Florida to provide the exact weight difference.)

On to the “test.”  I hit five drives with the Titleist TSI2, collecting the data on my launch monitor.  I then hit a few drives with the ping to get used to the club and to figure out how high to tee the ball.  I then hit five drives with the Ping using the launch monitor.  

The results:

Average swing speed:  Titleist +6.6 MPH.

Average ball speed:  Titleist +10.8 MPH.

Average smash factor was about the same.

Average carry distance:  Titleist +23.2 yards.  

(My launch monitor only has carry distance, not total distance.)

Best shot v. best shot:  Titleist +21 yards.  

Worst shot v. worst shot:  Titleist +21 yards.  

Worst shot Titleist v. best shot Ping:  Ping +10.

There you have it, proof positive that Titleist makes a better driver than Ping. 🙂

It was fun to find out how much technology has added to my distance.  An average increase of 23.2 yards carry is nothing to sneeze at.  I would probably need to move up a set of tees if I was playing the older equipment.  A 23.2 yard improvement over 36 years.  Balls hit with the Titleist also seemed to run out more than balls hit with the ping, but I couldn't measure it to be sure.   

Now, back to your regularly scheduled program. 

4 hours ago, alfriday101 said:

My course was closed for a tournament this weekend.  I decided to have some fun on the range “testing” the TSi2 against one of my previous gamers:  the Ping Eye 2 (cir. 1984).

Here are the two contenders:IMG_5134.jpg.59f78348258c6ef70926705d35cd7f63.jpg

When I got the Ping Eye 2, I remember thinking how big the club head looked compared to my persimmon driver.  My how times have changed.  It now looks miniscule next to the contemporary driver.  

IMG_5135.jpg.fbde09d56c9899a96aa547ae2e792fb1.jpg

There are no markings on the Ping shaft, only a sticker with the Ping logo and address on it. The shaft on the Ping is 1 and ½ inch shorter than the Titleist.  For fun, I decided to grip down on the Titleist by 1 and ½ inches to take shaft length out of the equation.   

IMG_5136.jpg.e905102debdd60b9dee867326f5b2979.jpg

Besides the size of the club head, the weight of the club jumped out.  The Ping is a much heavier club.  (Sorry, I don’t have a scale here in Florida to provide the exact weight difference.)

On to the “test.”  I hit five drives with the Titleist TSI2, collecting the data on my launch monitor.  I then hit a few drives with the ping to get used to the club and to figure out how high to tee the ball.  I then hit five drives with the Ping using the launch monitor.  

The results:

Average swing speed:  Titleist +6.6 MPH.

Average ball speed:  Titleist +10.8 MPH.

Average smash factor was about the same.

Average carry distance:  Titleist +23.2 yards.  

(My launch monitor only has carry distance, not total distance.)

Best shot v. best shot:  Titleist +21 yards.  

Worst shot v. worst shot:  Titleist +21 yards.  

Worst shot Titleist v. best shot Ping:  Ping +10.

There you have it, proof positive that Titleist makes a better driver than Ping. 🙂

It was fun to find out how much technology has added to my distance.  An average increase of 23.2 yards carry is nothing to sneeze at.  I would probably need to move up a set of tees if I was playing the older equipment.  A 23.2 yard improvement over 36 years.  Balls hit with the Titleist also seemed to run out more than balls hit with the ping, but I couldn't measure it to be sure.   

Now, back to your regularly scheduled program. 

Alright, i don't have persimmon to compare to, but I will bring the Nike Sumo 2 5900 to the Trackman session later this week. 

Updated 07/15/2022
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip

On 12/3/2020 at 10:29 AM, golfinnut said:

Nearly $800 for a driver???  C'mon ... that's getting out of hand.  

Not to me. It’s the going price these days for a completely fitted driver with an aftermarket, upcharge shaft, and $800 is a STEAL. To each their own

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

13 hours ago, PMookie said:

Not to me. It’s the going price these days for a completely fitted driver with an aftermarket, upcharge shaft, and $800 is a STEAL

Tell that to Mrs, Nut 😉  

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM6 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

42 minutes ago, golfinnut said:

Tell that to Mrs, Nut 😉  

Do you keep all of your previous clubs as you upgrade? I’ve never paid full retail for anything, technically, because I sell what just got beat out of the bag... An $800 driver is, at most, $600... If there are multiple old clubs, shafts, etc, it’s even less. The Honma TR20 with upgraded Ventus Black shaft cost me less than $350... I sold my other stuff that was never going to be used again since it wasn’t as good as I just bought. 
Anyway, just a thought. And also, Mrs. Nut might need to know that the cost of new clubs won’t ever be $400 at retail again, new release, upgraded shaft. 

But, alas, to each their own...

4 minutes ago, PMookie said:

Do you keep all of your previous clubs as you upgrade? I’ve never paid full retail for anything, technically, because I sell what just got beat out of the bag... An $800 driver is, at most, $600... If there are multiple old clubs, shafts, etc, it’s even less. The Honma TR20 with upgraded Ventus Black shaft cost me less than $350... I sold my other stuff that was never going to be used again since it wasn’t as good as I just bought. 
Anyway, just a thought. And also, Mrs. Nut might need to know that the cost of new clubs won’t ever be $400 at retail again, new release, upgraded shaft. 

But, alas, to each their own...

It's my own fault because I keep practically everything I've owned.  I rarely sell anything back because I do a lot of tinkering.  I always go back to old equipment.  

I even played this the other day .... it's old .... circa 1998.  And that's just the beginning of what's in the Nut Cave 

image.png

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM6 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

6 hours ago, golfinnut said:

It's my own fault because I keep practically everything I've owned.  I rarely sell anything back because I do a lot of tinkering.  I always go back to old equipment.  

I even played this the other day .... it's old .... circa 1998.  And that's just the beginning of what's in the Nut Cave 

image.png

Well, then Mrs. Nut not liking $800 drivers is justified when you have so many laying around, and you even use them all. Tsk, tsk....

So much lost revenue there.... 😢

Got in a early 9 w only 2 Par 4’s.
TSi2 driver is about as forgiving as it gets, no doubt about it. Hit 2 Tee shots 1st was off center toe and it had a little fade but decent distance, 2nd was nutted and it’s definitely longer than G410.
I’m still getting used to the new shaft and adjustments.

Rick

Left Hand, 

1 hour ago, Rickp said:

TSi2 driver is about as forgiving as it gets, no doubt about it. Hit 2 Tee shots 1st was off center toe and it had a little fade but decent distance, 2nd was nutted and it’s definitely longer than G410.

Are you seeing any more height from the new shaft and weight.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

2 hours ago, Rickp said:

To tie into robs question the distance difference is in total distance correct?

have you had a chance to do any testing on a monitor since the shaft switch to compare numbers between the ping and tsi?

27 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I was going to ask this too.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Got on the Trackman today and hit a lot of shots to compare between the SIM Max and the TSi 2. I will be including this data in my final review. 

Updated 07/15/2022

Yes, it’s definitely the weight or lack of that makes the difference. Still fooling with the RH/LH SURE FIT adjustments.
Going to range tomorrow morning to get more swings in.
Felt lousy all afternoon, temperature still normal so not C19.

Rick

Left Hand, 

My official review is up! I hope at least one person can walk away with some insight. Next time, I'm investing a launch monitor of some sort so I can get a little more in-depth with the numbers!

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

@TSauer Tyler, when we chose you for this test, i knew one thing we could count on would be stellar photos.   You did not disappoint my man!!  The way you captured the face was si good. Those are some amazing shots and staging. 

Great read on the review as well. Very detailed look at all aspects 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

On 10/21/2020 at 12:03 PM, TSauer said:

Titleist TSi3 – Official MGS Forum Review by TSauer

Intro

Good afternoon, hope y’all are staying safe and having a great holiday season!

Let me kick this off by introducing myself, I am Tyler. I am a tall southpaw golfer from Missouri who started golfing about 5 or so years ago and have managed to get my handicap down to around 10, hoping to break into the single digits in the coming year. I live in a small town of 1,500 with a member owned course, and I am there about every day when the weather cooperates.

Here is a shot from my drone of my local course: Pine Ridge GC

118082490_10158361094290803_1116996708496789884_o.jpg.f0cb256d7cb18e6c10e28793f158c058.jpg

I am slowly but surely starting to piece together each part of my golf game, and the driver is the one club I struggled with the most... but it is finally coming around. I have adopted the motto slow is smooth, smooth is fast into my swing and it has really helped. My driver swing speed usually clocks in around 100-105 with a total distance between 250-260. Sometimes it is a little more, sometimes a lot less. It all depends on how the golf gods treat me that day. For me, I just like to hit the fairway. I will take accuracy over distance any day of the week and that is my main goal when I am on the tee box with driver in hand. To get to that fairway, I like to play a small fade. I have never been able to hit a consistent draw and when I try, I end up with the hooks, so I gave up and just play what comes naturally to me. Now that I have become more comfortable with the driver, I’ve been able to shoot lower scores and not be intimidated by those par 5’s and longer par 4’s where the driver is needed… because let’s be honest, I’m always pulling out the driver every chance I get. I recently just switched drivers from the G400 Max (which I loved) to the TSI’s new contender, a Callaway Mavrik. I hit the Mavrik well, so this bout will be a good one. I’m looking for something that will reward me even when my swing isn’t the best and the middle of the club face isn’t getting it’s money worth.

First Impressions

Let’s really unwrap this review…

unnamed.gif.7a1de0f84e765c3fe7b0078ed116f107.gif

My first thought of the TSi3 is… classic*. No turbulators. No wild colors. No matte finish. No carbon fiber. Just a gloss black with a TSi logo for alignment. It is different for me, but I do not mind it. Every driver I have ever owned has had one of the previously mentioned attributes, so this is a change for me. When I think of Titleist as a whole, the word classy comes to mind, and I think that’s just how they wanted to keep the looks of this line.

IMG_5998-2.jpg.e66e4332f65721ed974e21cf1db4234d.jpg

IMG_5995-2.jpg.d7a022f5bb4cce07199cd2281596344e.jpg

As for the bottom of the club, I am loving it. They kept everything very simple and very sleek. You get a nice combo of gloss black, matte black, and a chrome strip that puts the cherry on top. We also have the addition of the new SureFit GC technology which allows the players to adjust the weight into five different positions to fine tune their ball flight. You can move the weight from Neutral to Toe 1 and Toe 2, as well as Heel 1 and Heel 2. Combine this with the SureFit neck adjustability and you have more than a handful of combinations you can create to dial in your club. I always strayed away from these types of drivers, as I felt the more tinkering I did the worst off I would be… but I am very interested this year and curious to see what kind of combo I end up with. 

IMG_5974.jpg.0b63ead6bae67806bac23c2729fe2bd4.jpg

IMG_5973-2.jpg.9908c1df652acd15316ea567bb1a2e70.jpg

IMG_5970.jpg.9964442b6d5d1b32c76590da5ddc85d0.jpg

IMG_6007-2.jpg.d64992b09e3810e441942057d9486c18.jpg

If you noticed earlier when I mentioned classic there was an asterisk at the end. I put that there because the only thing that isn’t traditional is the face. My first thought when seeing it was Cobra and it reminded me of their CNC milled face they now have on their drivers. However, Titlelist is using an ATI 425 aerospace titanium and it has never been used before by Titleist or any other brand for that matter. This is supposed to increase ball speed across the face no matter the point of contact. I feel like this is something we hear every year from manufacturers… new face tech, few more yards, more forgiving. Will it live up to its expectations? I am really hoping so. I do not know about you but hitting the center of the face every shot is something I’ve only ever dreamt of. If this new face material means I’m going to be a long way from the tee box and still in the fairway on mishits… then we are going to become best friends.

IMG_5914.jpg.3a21d6da812c259c8fef0f1d60561e6a.jpg

IMG_5979.jpg.63057fe029983ba1b50caf5b026ae84f.jpg

I went with the Tour AD IZ 6 – S shaft, as it was closest to what I currently game and offered what I needed for my game; something to keep the ball out of the wind and produce more penetrating shots. The shaft itself has a very stealthy look to it with the white/orange accents alongside the matte black finish. This is a mid-launching shaft and will hopefully assist me with getting those lower ball flights and better roll out.

IMG_6009-2.jpg.77f3b39588da30d0619666ac4a4fcb1a.jpg

Ready for another fun fact? Aside from Vokey wedges, this is the first piece of Titleist equipment that I have had in my bag, and I have some high expectations. For those of you who read through some of the chatter that has been going on in the review thread, you may have saw that I was unfortunately not able to get fit and I based my current setup off a previous fitting/setup. I figured I would assume the role of the average golfer who buys direct from the shelf. There are a couple of things I am looking for in this driver, the first being forgiveness. I fully expect their new face technology to deliver good shots even though the center was not struck. I am also expecting a lower, more penetrating ball flight compared to that of the Mavrik/G400 Max. If the result is not those two things combined, then the driver will be passed on.

One perk about living in a small town is that the golf course is rarely ever crowded and most evenings I have the entire course to myself. This is a huge plus because most of my testing will be done on course, as I do not have access to any high-end launch monitors or anything of the such. The testing will consist of a combination of full rounds, putting it head-to-head against the Mavrik with two balls off the tee, one for each. Besides that, I will be hitting the range and making adjustments with the SureFit to dial in the head and shaft until I reach a ball flight I am happy with.

Like I said, this is the first piece of Titleist gear I have hit and here’s to hoping they live up to their name.

Grading

This is where the showdown begins.....

IMG_5968-2.jpg.a7993f2fdce3436079ef89be7bfd726d.jpg

Looks – 6/10

I thought I would be more of a fan of the classic black look than what I am. I’m not saying it’s bad, but everyone has their own taste and style, and for me I like a little bit of pizazz… something to make it pop a little more and standout. I don’t need bright, bold colors, but maybe some sort of carbon finish similar to the Mavrik would have been a little more appealing to me. I do enjoy the classic head shape and easy alignment aid, I felt as there weren’t a lot of distractions going on when looking down at the club.

Sound & Feels – 10/10

For me, this is one of the best sounding drivers I have hit. The YouTube clip above says it all. A very soothing ping sound that I just replayed about 20 times when linking that video. It SOUNDS SO GOOD! When it comes to feel, I can say this… you’ll know when you hit the center because the ball launches like a rocket and it feels oh so great! There were a few times it felt as if I didn’t even hit a ball, it was so smooth. When it come to mishits, it doesn’t feel quite as good but in my case I could not really tell until I looked at the face and realized I was that far off from center.

Basic Characteristics – 18/20

I have really been enjoying the flight I have been getting with this club and setup. Lots of mid/lower launching trajectories and piercing flights… something that I’m not used to seeing but have always been searching for. I’ve been able to control that fade that I like and have adjusted the SureFit to H2 to keep things that way. As far as distance goes, I am getting about the same distance as I was with the Mavrik, except mishits with the TSi perform a lot better and still end up being pretty good shots that I am happy with. My Mavrik mishits weren’t terrible, but I can tell that the TSi just edged it and performed a hair better in that area. I’m loving all of the customization, it makes it easy to dial it in and get the club to work for you. I will say the 16-way hosel does get a little confusing when you’re looking at their chart, but it gets easier to comprehend the more you look at it.

The-Truth-about-the-Titleist-SureFit-Tour-Hosel-the-Performance-Fitting-Chart-1.jpg.10483548dd21952e2c6c811284fc0c1a.jpg

270557527_LHSurefitdriverchart.jpg.d3be3832ce55bd5211759d470a970f84.jpg

On-Course / LM Performance – 27/30

I can sum up this category in just a couple of words… it performs. I was finding myself hitting more and more fairways and leaving myself in great positions for those next shots to the green. Like I mentioned before, I had very high expectations of Titleist and they met and exceeded every one of them. It’s definitely made stepping on the tee box a little less intimidating. I enjoy how easy it is to adjust the weight on the club and they should definitely continue that tradition on models to come. The one thing that I can’t decide on if I like or not is the SureFit hosel adjustments. There are so many different routes you can go when adjusting this that it can get confusing if you were to just grab one off the shelf without getting fitted. I personally enjoy the simpler hosels that allow you to change just the loft by a degree in both directions.

Miscellaneous – 7/10

I don’t have much to say here, but I did have to knock some points for not receiving any hosel adjust tool in the box. I know that most of those tools are the same, but it would have been nice to have one from the manufacturer in the box, this is the first time I’ve ever received a club like this without one. I tried to reach out to Titleist through several means but was never able to reach anyone.

Play it or Trade it? – 18/20

Short and sweet? The Mavrik is already out of the bag for me. Now, I’m not saying this will cure all of your ailments, but for me it was a big enough difference between the two to justify the TSi taking the Mavriks place. Would I go out and spend $550 on a brand new driver? Personally, I would not. I have a hard time justifying that much money on a single club. Then again, that all depends on your financial situation and whether or not your significant other will kick you out of the house after seeing another long, brown box on the porch.

Conclusion

So this is it. Did the Titleist TSi3 live up to the hype and live up to the Titleist name of everything I thought it would be? Absolutely. Aside from the simple, plain look of the head, I really enjoy what Titleist has done with this new lineup. I would love if they added a little more spice to the look, but to each their own. I find the club really fun to hit, even when not hit well… which is sometimes more often than not. I can see this club living in my number one slot for a few years to come. I will also be eyeballing other Titleist gear in the many months to come!

Final Score – 86/100

Awesome shots awsome review. Love the drone shot and the 2nd picture of the face wow....detail is all I can say, I have not see. Pictures like that even in the titleist roll out.

love the honesty and glad you’re hitting those fairways often. I am really surprised the tool was not in there and had no luck with contacting them. 

nice work!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Great work [mention]TSauer [/mention]! Nice read and great photos.

Like you I enjoy the classic looking ones but just seem to enjoy something with a bit of character a little better. Glad it’s performing for you though! That’s what is most important!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Yes, it’s definitely the weight or lack of that makes the difference. Still fooling with the RH/LH SURE FIT adjustments.
Going to range tomorrow morning to get more swings in.
Felt lousy all afternoon, temperature still normal so not C19.

Just read this - take care of yourself - temp is only one symptom and honestly not the most common one. There’s a strata of symptoms including feeling off, tired, chills, lack of taste, runny nose - too many to list.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Nice review TSauer - I recall being on the Ping G400 team with you and you did a great job then as well.

I’m going to be anxious to see the reviews from the guys who were looking for more height/carry. 2/3rds of my golf is played in wet conditions where carry is king.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

On 11/5/2020 at 4:12 PM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

This is the iron fitting.  The driver one followed.  But i was worn out for it snd it only resulted in a shaft change that provided better dispersion but no real distance gains

Rob, this is absolutely fantastic... so much more relevant than the majority of the fitting videos out there.  Thanks for sharing!

Just read this - take care of yourself - temp is only one symptom and honestly not the most common one. There’s a strata of symptoms including feeling off, tired, chills, lack of taste, runny nose - too many to list.

Thanks Rev, still don’t feel great. I’ve had a lot of dental work past 3 weeks and it kicked me hard plus our 3 days of winter.

Rick

Left Hand, 

1 minute ago, Rickp said:

Thanks Rev, still don’t feel great. I’ve had a lot of dental work past 3 weeks and it kicked me hard plus our 3 days of winter.

Be well Rick.  I just had a quick bout of food poisoning that involved a slight fever, headache, and chills; plus the usual.  Of course we did not come to this conclusion until it passed in 24 hours.  It's not so funny how everything has us thinking C19 😬.