TESTERS WANTED! ×

2020 Official Member Review: Titleist TSi Drivers

GolfSpy MPR

13 minutes ago, hartrick11 said:

Got out on Torrey Pines yesterday, south course. It was so foggy (<75 yds of visibility) we had to yell out all clear to the group behind when leaving the green for the first 7 holes before it burned off. The conditions made for quite a challenging start, plus those fairways are so tiny right now! I actually drove the ball well but still only found 5 fairways, with a few that were thisclose to the short grass but nestled down in the thick stuff. They had cut the rough down from the Farmers tourney in most places, but it's still extremely thick, wet, and penalizing.

The highlight of my day was all TSi: on the par 5 #18 I hit a nice high, tight fade that peeled off of the left bunkers into the left side of the fairway at about 280 total distance. Then from 244 out, on an upslope and needing 230+ to carry the pond to a back right pin location, I hit probably the smoothest, purest feeling 3 wood I have ever hit; it elevated easily off of the upslope with the babiest of baby draws, carried around 235, took one soft bounce and settled ~20 ft below the hole for an eagle putt. I missed that slider low but tapped in for a closing birdie and 38 on the back for an 82. It was one of those shots that literally makes your entire day (although hitting on a Tampa Bay & under parlay was a nice nightcap 😄).

Image result for tin cup i nutted that one

I'm still loving the TSi3 driver but the TSi2 3 wood is quickly becoming my favorite club in the bag. I have never had this much confidence in a fairway wood. 

Sounds like a fantastic end to an awesome day. That driver is just so sweet

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

• 2 weeks later...

Likely going to end up with a TSi3 after today's fitting. Better on misses with the TSi over the SIM Max, getting my misses out there 250 total is something that I could definitely benefit from. Gonna go again in a couple weeks because she wanted me to try the stock Tensei 65 at 45" but didn't have it in her fitting bag. Surprised to end up in the 3 because I would've fit myself in a 2, however it was spinning too much. We completely eliminated the left side of the range which is another bonus. Told me to turn it over as much as I could and it resulted in a nice 10y draw from center!

As usual with the HZRDUS line, it felt like a board for my weak noodle arms and I couldn't launch the ball.

Testers still hitting bombs and enjoying your drivers after the honeymoon phase?

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

1 minute ago, yungkory said:

Likely going to end up with a TSi3 after today's fitting. Better on misses with the TSi over the SIM Max, getting my misses out there 250 total is something that I could definitely benefit from. Gonna go again in a couple weeks because she wanted me to try the stock Tensei 65 at 45" but didn't have it in her fitting bag. Surprised to end up in the 3 because I would've fit myself in a 2, however it was spinning too much. We completely eliminated the left side of the range which is another bonus. Told me to turn it over as much as I could and it resulted in a nice 10y draw from center!

As usual with the HZRDUS line, it felt like a board for my weak noodle arms and I couldn't launch the ball.

Testers still hitting bombs and enjoying your drivers after the honeymoon phase?

Sounds like a good fitting! Can’t wait to see what ya do on course with it when ya get it

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

3 minutes ago, yungkory said:

Oh my. I don’t need a new boom stick...

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

5 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Sounds like a good fitting! Can’t wait to see what ya do on course with it when ya get it

Yeah I'm excited to try it in the 65 @ 45" I feel like shorter shaft is easier for me to have a more neutral swing path vs swinging way in to out. Averaging 280 total would also be really nice lol, but I'm most impressed with the dispersion. Played the 10 degree head lofted up a little, slightly flatter, and was just hitting missiles up the right-middle

2 minutes ago, rbsiedsc said:

Oh my. I don’t need a new boom stick...

Yes, yes you do.

4 minutes ago, yungkory said:

Yeah I'm excited to try it in the 65 @ 45" I feel like shorter shaft is easier for me to have a more neutral swing path vs swinging way in to out. Averaging 280 total would also be really nice lol, but I'm most impressed with the dispersion. Played the 10 degree head lofted up a little, slightly flatter, and was just hitting missiles up the right-middle

Yes, yes you do.

I cut to 45” too I love it. It’s helped with my hip clearing too, if anything mentally. We’ll see if it stays. Did you just swing the sim and TSI? Any other shafts stand out or just the tensei? What were you spinning the 2 at?

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

13 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

I cut to 45” too I love it. It’s helped with my hip clearing too, if anything mentally. We’ll see if it stays. Did you just swing the sim and TSI? Any other shafts stand out or just the tensei? What were you spinning the 2 at?

2 was the first head we tried since it's closest to Max. I'm not a high spin player so normally I need the spin, but the TSi 2 was spinning in the 2600 range and kinda floating. The 3 wasn't ultra low but did knock it down by 200 RPM on average.

I've always gotten along with the Tensei Blue, I played the first AV in my Epic Flash and hit it well. That was at 45.5 and the extra half an inch seems to make me swing more right. Doesn't seem like enough to matter, but apparently it does which is why fitting is such a valuable experience. The Tensei definitely "kicks" more for me, which makes me feel like it's faster, but I was trying to not get caught up in the numbers too much. It's easy for me to get lost in the sauce because I'm a stats nerd.

Excited to try it again in 2 weeks, maybe I'll have an MPH or two more to bring now that I've started Superspeed again.

11 minutes ago, yungkory said:

2 was the first head we tried since it's closest to Max. I'm not a high spin player so normally I need the spin, but the TSi 2 was spinning in the 2600 range and kinda floating. The 3 wasn't ultra low but did knock it down by 200 RPM on average.

I've always gotten along with the Tensei Blue, I played the first AV in my Epic Flash and hit it well. That was at 45.5 and the extra half an inch seems to make me swing more right. Doesn't seem like enough to matter, but apparently it does which is why fitting is such a valuable experience. The Tensei definitely "kicks" more for me, which makes me feel like it's faster, but I was trying to not get caught up in the numbers too much. It's easy for me to get lost in the sauce because I'm a stats nerd.

Excited to try it again in 2 weeks, maybe I'll have an MPH or two more to bring now that I've started Superspeed again.

2600 spin 🤦‍♂️ What’s that like lol

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

14 hours ago, yungkory said:

Curious what your launch, aoa and descent/land angle and apex/peak height were for both heads.

200 rpm really isn’t that big of a difference and is quite common within the same same head based a small change in face contact. To have a ball not not float at 2400 with the 3 but float with the 2 there had to be some other differences

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

14 hours ago, yungkory said:

Nice! I am still enjoying mine. I think it checks every box that a driver can check, and the level of adjustability for the fitter to get me dialed in makes me feel confident that I have a club well-suited for me. 

That's not to say it's got any magic properties! I had a rough day this weekend off the tee on a tough course (Barona Creek), and I actually switched to 3w for the back nine because it was dry and rolling out plenty. I think it was more related to the margaritas I had on Friday night before the early Saturday round though 😐.

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi 3 10* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X 

Fairway/Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSi 2 15* & 18* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X, AD IZ 95X

Irons: :taylormade-small: P790 4i, P770 5-7i, P7MC 8-P, $ Taper 120

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 52F/54 S, 58 M w/ Modus 125

Putter:  :cameron-small:  California Hollywood 34" Circle H

28 minutes ago, hartrick11 said:

Nice! I am still enjoying mine. I think it checks every box that a driver can check, and the level of adjustability for the fitter to get me dialed in makes me feel confident that I have a club well-suited for me. 

That's not to say it's got any magic properties! I had a rough day this weekend off the tee on a tough course (Barona Creek), and I actually switched to 3w for the back nine because it was dry and rolling out plenty. I think it was more related to the margaritas I had on Friday night before the early Saturday round though 😐.

Barona played kinda tight on the bag. I found lots of bad spots the one time I played there. Had a little more hook on 18 into the green with a hybrid and got a little wet

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

3 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Barona played kinda tight on the bag. I found lots of bad spots the one time I played there. Had a little more hook on 18 into the green with a hybrid and got a little wet

Yeah, one of my absolute favorite courses, but definitely offers a big test for both the boom stick and the flat stick.

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi 3 10* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X 

Fairway/Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSi 2 15* & 18* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X, AD IZ 95X

Irons: :taylormade-small: P790 4i, P770 5-7i, P7MC 8-P, $ Taper 120

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 52F/54 S, 58 M w/ Modus 125

Putter:  :cameron-small:  California Hollywood 34" Circle H

3 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Curious what your launch, aoa and descent/land angle and apex/peak height were for both heads.

200 rpm really isn’t that big of a difference and is quite common within the same same head based a small change in face contact. To have a ball not not float at 2400 with the 3 but float with the 2 there had to be some other differences

I didn't bother looking at the numbers towards the end of the fit because she said I should come back and try the AV blue in 65g once she gets it in, but I was slightly down from my normal AoA of ~2 up likely due to not having a tee tall enough in the mat. I could tell it was too low because all of my misses were out of the bottom of the face. Gonna bring a longer tee in 2 weeks and then I'll pay more attention to TM numbers. 

10 minutes ago, yungkory said:

I didn't bother looking at the numbers towards the end of the fit because she said I should come back and try the AV blue in 65g once she gets it in, but I was slightly down from my normal AoA of ~2 up likely due to not having a tee tall enough in the mat. I could tell it was too low because all of my misses were out of the bottom of the face. Gonna bring a longer tee in 2 weeks and then I'll pay more attention to TM numbers. 

Thanks. Will be interesting to see what your numbers are. Getting 2400-2600 off the bottom face where spin is going to be higher it should be closer to 2k in the middle to upper half

18 minutes ago, hartrick11 said:

Yeah, one of my absolute favorite courses, but definitely offers a big test for both the boom stick and the flat stick.

I had a good time playing there. Definitely makes you work on the greens

On 10/21/2020 at 12:03 PM, TSauer said:

Titleist TSi3 – Official MGS Forum Review by TSauer

Basic Characteristics – 18/20

I have really been enjoying the flight I have been getting with this club and setup. Lots of mid/lower launching trajectories and piercing flights… something that I’m not used to seeing but have always been searching for. I’ve been able to control that fade that I like and have adjusted the SureFit to H2 to keep things that way. As far as distance goes, I am getting about the same distance as I was with the Mavrik, except mishits with the TSi perform a lot better and still end up being pretty good shots that I am happy with. My Mavrik mishits weren’t terrible, but I can tell that the TSi just edged it and performed a hair better in that area. I’m loving all of the customization, it makes it easy to dial it in and get the club to work for you. I will say the 16-way hosel does get a little confusing when you’re looking at their chart, but it gets easier to comprehend the more you look at it.

On-Course / LM Performance – 27/30

I can sum up this category in just a couple of words… it performs. I was finding myself hitting more and more fairways and leaving myself in great positions for those next shots to the green. Like I mentioned before, I had very high expectations of Titleist and they met and exceeded every one of them. It’s definitely made stepping on the tee box a little less intimidating. I enjoy how easy it is to adjust the weight on the club and they should definitely continue that tradition on models to come. The one thing that I can’t decide on if I like or not is the SureFit hosel adjustments. There are so many different routes you can go when adjusting this that it can get confusing if you were to just grab one off the shelf without getting fitted. I personally enjoy the simpler hosels that allow you to change just the loft by a degree in both directions.

Final Score – 86/100

Did you find the TSi3 to be forgiving enough for what you were looking for compared to your previous gamer? Just curious as reading your intro I was assuming you may have had a showdown with the TSi2 during the fitting. It seems as the adjustability of the TSi3 paid off in the end

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

I’m still ok with the TSI2 but just OK. I still carry the G410+ jacked to 13* for a modified 3w. Occasionally I end up playing with the G410 more due to carry over the FL hazards/water.
I would like a limited height withdrawal TSi2 but can’t deny the increase distance it gives.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

On 2/5/2021 at 9:26 PM, TMAG-FIREMEDIC said:

Welp.....I've tried on 2 occasions now the epic lineup:  speed is too light, MAX is too round looking 

But the MAX LS......lower spin, higher ballspeed and same tight dispersion as tsi2....8-10yds longer on monitor. 

Next step is to get on course 

Only the gbb epic 2017 has given a run at TSI2.....getting another shaft into TSI2 to see if it helps with some very slight spin issues.....shaft in it (reign silver ) is accurate but can't keep up with distance gains of epic/ attas combo......major negative with that combo is into the fan.....really high and stinky

I’m just catching up. Nice to see another person going with the TSi3! Yes, still getting some mega-enjoyment out of mine. Going to try to get back on the course soon to see if the gains in the weight room translates!

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

On 3/1/2021 at 8:18 AM, TMAG-FIREMEDIC said:

Only the gbb epic 2017 has given a run at TSI2.....getting another shaft into TSI2 to see if it helps with some very slight spin issues.....shaft in it (reign silver ) is accurate but can't keep up with distance gains of epic/ attas combo......major negative with that combo is into the fan.....really high and stinky

TSI2, now with STOCK tensei blue 55R , just reclaimed top Dawg spot......confident fairway finder .....might not be as long downwind but consistency is where this club shines.....also found that a level tee height works much better than too high of a tee......

I'M BACK !!!!! says the TSI2 .......welcome home says me

Edited by TMAG-FIREMEDIC

The TSi1 is waiting to make it's appearance in this thread at a date TBD 🙂

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

The TSi1 is waiting to make it's appearance in this thread at a date TBD

Hey that’s exciting!!

I have a question that is befuddling me as of lately. At the time of the fitting we have no idea who would win the 2021 Most wanted Driver, The TSi2 can is second, but it seems that the TSi3 was the more popular driver during the official review and of many people who are being fitted as of lately. While the TSi2 won the testing, it doesn't seem that its been that appealing to purchases and fittings on the forum or social media? Or is it because it is easier to fit someone in the TSi3 because of the adjustability with weighting?

Titleist ProV1

42 minutes ago, RollingGreens said:

I have a question that is befuddling me as of lately. At the time of the fitting we have no idea who would win the 2021 Most wanted Driver, The TSi2 can is second, but it seems that the TSi3 was the more popular driver during the official review and of many people who are being fitted as of lately. While the TSi2 won the testing, it doesn't seem that its been that appealing to purchases and fittings on the forum or social media? Or is it because it is easier to fit someone in the TSi3 because of the adjustability with weighting?

IMO has to do what works for the individual. The tsi2 has plenty of use on the PGA tour so it’s not a second thought type driver. In general the TSI3 is going to reduce some spin compared to the 2 so those who thru swing faults or other reasons generate a lot of spin will benefit from the design to the 3.

I have a buddy that did a fitting last year. His ball speeds are in the upper 160s and increasing thru overspeed training and improved fitness. In his fitting the numbers including spin and launch were pretty identical between the 2 and 3. He went with the two for the added forgiveness.

I also was fitted for the Titleist TSI driver. The numbers for my swing speed were much better with the TSI2 than the TSI3.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Time to update my official review.  

I now have 20 rounds played with the TSi2 since the start of the new year.  When I wrote my review, I had played many rounds hitting both drivers, but only a few playing with just the TSi2.  I took the Callaway out of the bag for good and have played only with the TSI2 in 2021.

The more I play with this driver, the more I like it.  And I liked it a lot when I posted my review.  (I gave it 88 out of 100 possible points).

Here are some things I’ve noticed about my play this year with the TSi2.

1.      In my review I mentioned that my best drives were the same.  Drivers were maxed out.  That still holds, but I find I have a lot more really good drives.  When testing, I think going back and forth between drivers kept me from really dialing in one club.  Now that I am dialed in, I am hitting long, center part of the fairway shots more often.  

2.     Off center hits continue to impress.  I’ll hit a shot and think “that’s in the trees left,” and the ball will end up in the short rough instead.  And on shots high or low on the face, the ball will go 20 yards more than I expect.  This has changed my strategy on a couple of holes.  I am taking more aggressive lines.  On two holes, I now hit driver where last year I would lay up short of trouble.  I just go left of it, or past it now.  But, on one hole, I’ve switched from hitting driver to 3 wood to keep from going through the fairway.  

3.     A sleeve of balls last longer.  My course has water on several holes and most fairways are lined with thick Florida scrub—good for ball sales, not so good for low scores.  I played the last three rounds with the same ball, retiring it because use instead of dunking it in a pond.  In the review I mentioned that range balls leave a residue on the club.  ProV1s leave a mark, but the balls hold up over multiple rounds.  

4.      I was a bit concerned about how the glossy finish would hold up.  So far, so good.  It’s only 20 rounds, and several range sessions, but no unusual wear and tear. 

I note that the TSi2 got second in the Most Wanted Driver test.  If you are looking for a solid, forgiving driver, go test it.  Titleist Thursdays are a great, low stress way to try clubs and get a free fitting.   

IMO has to do what works for the individual. The tsi2 has plenty of use on the PGA tour so it’s not a second thought type driver. In general the TSI3 is going to reduce some spin compared to the 2 so those who thru swing faults or other reasons generate a lot of spin will benefit from the design to the 3.
I have a buddy that did a fitting last year. His ball speeds are in the upper 160s and increasing thru overspeed training and improved fitness. In his fitting the numbers including spin and launch were pretty identical between the 2 and 3. He went with the two for the added forgiveness.

I gotta agree here. Just really depends on the individual and what they need it for. I need spin reduction and for my region I need a lower ball flight, thus the TSi3 was the best fit for me. I would imagine my numbers would be similar with the 2.

The forgiveness would probably help me a ton, but through the fitting process the 3 was evidently the better option as we didn’t even touch the 2.

18 hours ago, alfriday101 said:

Time to update my official review.  

I now have 20 rounds played with the TSi2 since the start of the new year.  When I wrote my review, I had played many rounds hitting both drivers, but only a few playing with just the TSi2.  I took the Callaway out of the bag for good and have played only with the TSI2 in 2021.

The more I play with this driver, the more I like it.  And I liked it a lot when I posted my review.  (I gave it 88 out of 100 possible points).

Here are some things I’ve noticed about my play this year with the TSi2.

1.      In my review I mentioned that my best drives were the same.  Drivers were maxed out.  That still holds, but I find I have a lot more really good drives.  When testing, I think going back and forth between drivers kept me from really dialing in one club.  Now that I am dialed in, I am hitting long, center part of the fairway shots more often.  

2.     Off center hits continue to impress.  I’ll hit a shot and think “that’s in the trees left,” and the ball will end up in the short rough instead.  And on shots high or low on the face, the ball will go 20 yards more than I expect.  This has changed my strategy on a couple of holes.  I am taking more aggressive lines.  On two holes, I now hit driver where last year I would lay up short of trouble.  I just go left of it, or past it now.  But, on one hole, I’ve switched from hitting driver to 3 wood to keep from going through the fairway.  

3.     A sleeve of balls last longer.  My course has water on several holes and most fairways are lined with thick Florida scrub—good for ball sales, not so good for low scores.  I played the last three rounds with the same ball, retiring it because use instead of dunking it in a pond.  In the review I mentioned that range balls leave a residue on the club.  ProV1s leave a mark, but the balls hold up over multiple rounds.  

4.      I was a bit concerned about how the glossy finish would hold up.  So far, so good.  It’s only 20 rounds, and several range sessions, but no unusual wear and tear. 

I note that the TSi2 got second in the Most Wanted Driver test.  If you are looking for a solid, forgiving driver, go test it.  Titleist Thursdays are a great, low stress way to try clubs and get a free fitting.   

I plan to test both once the weather breaks in the northeast, I'll probably take a demo for a week each to test out. I think it's a good problem to have that both drivers are doing that well performance wise

Titleist ProV1

I'm still loving my TSI2. I put the ATTAS COOOL shaft in it the other day just for testing. And it might be staying in it for a while because I only missed 2 fairways 13/15. No fades either ... either straight or slight draw. And that's a new one for me. I loved it :)
Edit ... at least until I find a Fuji Velocore

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM6 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

IMG_2614.JPG

Played my first actual round in awhile today despite a stiff 20 mph wind. The TSi3 was the only good thing from today! Still loving it and still bombing it !

On 3/6/2021 at 4:41 AM, RickyBobby_PR said:

This is exactly my experience as well. They were very close for me, the 3 set a little flat and with the weight sightly in the toe just took out the left side for me. I hate seeing the ball go left. It also brought my spin down just a little, like 200 RPM. 

Gonna go hit it with the stock Tensei Blue 65 next week and then place my order!