TESTERS WANTED! ×

2020 Official Member Review: Titleist TSi Drivers

GolfSpy MPR

1 hour ago, hartrick11 said:

They sure have. It's also worth noting, given the struggles of some other OEMs over the past year (see this year's CCC thread for example), just how good Titleist was to us with respect to our test. Despite supply chain challenges, our custom setups shipped out extremely fast. In my case Titleist provided a free TPI fitting and had the driver in my hands before you could even get one off the rack in stores! Ridiculously good service on their part.

I know 2021 has brought different challenges to the OEMs than 2020 so the comparison may not be totally fair and I don't mean to throw stones, but my experience certainly renewed my appreciation for Titleist after not playing or even really considering any of their non-Scotty/Vokey offerings for >10 years. Hopefully they can get through what is sure to be a wildly popular iron series release without too much of a supply issue.

I will just say this.   We have all heard the phrase.  Where there’s a will there’s a way. 

To me Titleist exhibited that better than anyone could have hoped.  No to not with the drivers for this test.  

But if you recall the T Series iron test of last year was announced during the nationwide shutdown of almost every company.   Upon reopening Titleist had the irons to the testers in less than two weeks!!   All while working with limited staff and a backlog of orders.   They made it happen.  

Says a lot about their commitment to Forum Testing.  

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

18 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I will just say this.   We have all heard the phrase.  Where there’s a will there’s a way. 

To me Titleist exhibited that better than anyone could have hoped.  No to not with the drivers for this test.  

But if you recall the T Series iron test of last year was announced during the nationwide shutdown of almost every company.   Upon reopening Titleist had the irons to the testers in less than two weeks!!   All while working with limited staff and a backlog of orders.   They made it happen.  

Says a lot about their commitment to Forum Testing.  

I gotta say, it seems like they take their commitment to premium pretty seriously. Titleist kind of prices me out of most of their options but with this driver experience and the things I hear from past experiences, you get what you pay for. They take excellence very seriously. 

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

1 hour ago, HeathS16 said:

I gotta say, it seems like they take their commitment to premium pretty seriously. Titleist kind of prices me out of most of their options but with this driver experience and the things I hear from past experiences, you get what you pay for. They take excellence very seriously. 

The pricing perception and only being for elite players is definitely an image they are trying to shake.  I think they have done that with the T300 and T400 irons snd TSi 1 and 2 drivers. 

There is probably some room to still get there price wise   But the T300 irons in steel shafts are not that much more than most of the quality lines from other OEM  

2 hours ago, HeathS16 said:

The tsi drivers are $20-50 more than the other top brands for driver is that really a big difference? Their fw, hybrids and irons are same price or cheaper than the other too brands.

how much of this thought is perception of their pricing vs reality?

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

1 minute ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

The tsi drivers are $20-50 more than the other top brands for driver is that really a big difference? Their fw, hybrids and irons are same price or cheaper than the other too brands.

Add to that they seems to have a great array of stock shaft offerings that you should be able to get a good fit with no/minimal up charge. 

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

55 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

The pricing perception and only being for elite players is definitely an image they are trying to shake.  I think they have done that with the T300 and T400 irons snd TSi 1 and 2 drivers. 

There is probably some room to still get there price wise   But the T300 irons in steel shafts are not that much more than most of the quality lines from other OEM  

For sure this makes them so competitive for a lot more golfers! The best thing going for Titleist is that the quality speaks for itself. 

23 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

That’s a great point! 
More what I meant was the perception that CG referenced. Since the TS line they have been more competitive with the other top driver OEMs in performance. That has to have had a big impact.

For the super budget conscious the $20-$30 might make a difference. But in reality it isn’t a huge difference at all I mean I’ll just buy some $30 Maxflis to make up the difference 🤣.I’m sure In some ways their premium perception has kind of pushed them out of people’s minds, including my own. Good move for Titleist. 

47 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Add to that they seems to have a great array of stock shaft offerings that you should be able to get a good fit with no/minimal up charge. 

I was blown away that premium shaft options were available for the testers. Once again shows great commitment to forum testing and really great commitment to customers. 

1 hour ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I hit the T300 irons when I was getting fitted for the TSI2 Driver, felt awesome, good height and distance.  They are on my radar.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

12 hours ago, Rickp said:

I hit the T300 irons when I was getting fitted for the TSI2 Driver, felt awesome, good height and distance.  They are on my radar.

Wait until you see the new lineup..details coming soon!  

4 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Wait until you see the new lineup..details coming soon!  

I can’t wait too long, I’m old😃

Rick

Left Hand, 

On 7/27/2021 at 9:21 PM, HeathS16 said:

For sure this makes them so competitive for a lot more golfers! The best thing going for Titleist is that the quality speaks for itself. 

That’s a great point! 
More what I meant was the perception that CG referenced. Since the TS line they have been more competitive with the other top driver OEMs in performance. That has to have had a big impact.

For the super budget conscious the $20-$30 might make a difference. But in reality it isn’t a huge difference at all I mean I’ll just buy some $30 Maxflis to make up the difference 🤣.I’m sure In some ways their premium perception has kind of pushed them out of people’s minds, including my own. Good move for Titleist. 

Also, there are places where you can buy at a discount brand new and custom. Give discount dans a call or email and I think you’ll be happy. 

Driver: :titelist-small: TSR3 8 Ventus Red TR 8X

Fairway: :titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 Ventus Blue 8X 

Hybrid:  :taylormade-small: Sim 2 - 19 Hybrid Tensei Orange 90TX

Irons:  :taylormade-small: P790 4-5 P7MC Raw 6-PW MMT 125TX

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM8 50.10F, 54.10S - X100 & 58.04T S400

Putter: Lajosi DD201

:titelist-small: Pro V1X Left Dash

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, something happened yesterday… I was leaning down to tee up a ball and had my TSi3 out with my left hand resting on it as I bent down. I heard slight “tick” sound right around the connector going into the head. Kind of weird right? I mean I only had the weight of my left arm on the driver as I leaned down. 

it did it 3 more times throughout the round but is performing the same and sounds the same. It also doesn’t do this every time. It hasn’t been dropped, or slammed or suffered any sort of damage so I’m perplexed. 

One of my buddies had this happen with his Callaway BB and had to change the shaft…anyone had any experience with this? Either with the Titleist driver or another one? 

6 hours ago, HeathS16 said:

Ok, something happened yesterday… I was leaning down to tee up a ball and had my TSi3 out with my left hand resting on it as I bent down. I heard slight “tick” sound right around the connector going into the head. Kind of weird right? I mean I only had the weight of my left arm on the driver as I leaned down. 

it did it 3 more times throughout the round but is performing the same and sounds the same. It also doesn’t do this every time. It hasn’t been dropped, or slammed or suffered any sort of damage so I’m perplexed. 

One of my buddies had this happen with his Callaway BB and had to change the shaft…anyone had any experience with this? Either with the Titleist driver or another one? 

Sounds like you might have broken the shaft inside the adapter or maybe above it. Keep an eye out for the shaft to start coming apart

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

3 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Sounds like you might have broken the shaft inside the adapter or maybe above it. Keep an eye out for the shaft to start coming apart

Very worried about that possibility...#toostrong

16 hours ago, HeathS16 said:

Contact Titleist Customer Service, they are usually all over problems and will help you resolve them .

Rick

Left Hand, 

• 3 weeks later...

Did a couple range sessions, but today was the first round on the course with the new TSi2 w/ 75g Tensi White

Very small sample size, but it was my best fairway hit of the year. (64%)

the more noticeable thing was the lack of BIG misses.  Only two of my misses were really bad.  (One Hook, one slice)  the rest all gave me a really good chance to hit GIR.

18 holes isn’t much of a sample size, but that was a great first start

I took the TSi2 out for a 5 hole spin today.  I’ve been playing the TSi1 exclusively the past few weeks and wanted to see how this 

Was fairing.  

First drive right off the tee with not a single warm up ball right down the right side of the fairway.   I didn’t have any GPS with me.  But it ended up about shred a good drive for me does on this hole.  So about 215 or so. 
Next hole same thing maybe 10 yards further than normal   But it had a slight down wind.  Tep more holes resulted in 1 fairway hit and a miss   But the missed fairway is actually a good spot to be on this hole   You absolutely don’t want to mess with anything left, there are trees, bunkers and high Rougj on a sloping hill. Right side you have miles of open space and a good angle in   

I have raved about the sound of this driver before and it still sounds great.  Just a solid overall performer.  Very straight!

1 hour ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I took the TSi2 out for a 5 hole spin today.  I’ve been playing the TSi1 exclusively the past few weeks and wanted to see how this 

Was fairing.  

First drive right off the tee with not a single warm up ball right down the right side of the fairway.   I didn’t have any GPS with me.  But it ended up about shred a good drive for me does on this hole.  So about 215 or so. 
Next hole same thing maybe 10 yards further than normal   But it had a slight down wind.  Tep more holes resulted in 1 fairway hit and a miss   But the missed fairway is actually a good spot to be on this hole   You absolutely don’t want to mess with anything left, there are trees, bunkers and high Rougj on a sloping hill. Right side you have miles of open space and a good angle in   

I have raved about the sound of this driver before and it still sounds great.  Just a solid overall performer.  Very straight!

The TSi2 Driver is still in my bag!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Think i should see what happens when i put the Autoflex in the TSi 2. Got the All-Fit adapter on the Autoflex so can more or less put it in any head.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

• 2 weeks later...

I love my Titleist Tsi3. For years I have grown more and more inconsistent with Drivers because companies continue to make the heads bigger and lighter. Call me crazy but I just want the "traditional" pear-shaped head and some weight in the clubhead without having to add lead tape. Luckily, Titleist delivered. 

:titelist-small: TSr3 8* w/ Ventus Black 6X

:titelist-small: TSr3 15* w/ Ventus Black 7X

:ping-small: iCrossover 18* w/ Ventus Black 9X

:titelist-small: T100S 4 Iron - PW w/ Ventus Axiom 125X

:vokey-small: SM9 50 F-grind / 54 F-grind / 58 V-grind w/ True Temper Gold Onyx Tour S400

:scotty-cameron-1: Circle T Newport 35 Inch

:titelist-small: Pro V1

Vessel Player III DXR Stand Bag