2020 Official Member Review: Titleist TSi Drivers

1 hour ago, hartrick11 said:

I have a round slated for tomorrow morning, but it's going to be wet and windy. Not ideal for my first 18 with the new driver but as long as there isn't lightning I will be playing - and hitting driver at every non-par 3 even when it makes no sense 😆

Wet? Did you move from San Diego 😂😂

• Haha 1

:titelist-small: TSi2 Kuro Kage 50g R Flex

:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:ping-small: Heppler Tomcast 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@Golfspy_CG2 and the fine folks at Titleist have set me up to get fitted here tomorrow...I am officially the luckiest SOB on this site! MUCH more to come very soon...

Titleist TSi3 – Official MGS Forum Review by TSauer Intro Good afternoon, hope y’all are staying safe and having a great holiday season! Let me kick this off by introducing myself, I a

Review and results of my fitting on 10/22/2020 Showed up to my Titleist Thursday fitting at the Golf Club at Newcastle about 20 minutes early. Skipped warm-up with irons, so went straight to warm

Posted Images

Keep up the great work boys! The note I keep taking from this is to go get fit... I have been fit numerous times over the last 12 years and to see how your specs change year to year based on your swing or body condition. The last couple years I have noticed needing to go higher in loft in order to maximize carry even at close to 115 mph. 

Seems like the TSi3 a few will have to loft up if they prefer that shape.

• Like 1

In my bag:

Driver: :cobra-small: Speedzone 10.5* lofted down to 9.0* Fujikura Atmos Black TS 6X

Wood: :cobra-small: Speedzone Tour Fujikura Atmos Black TS 7X

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: MIM Tour Irons 4-PW Project X 6.5

Wedges: :cobra-small: MIM Black 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X 

Got to the range today. The range at my club closed early so I had to go to a different range. Put a better swing out there today, starting to get more comfortable with the TSi 2. The GD AD-XC is smooth.

• Like 4

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 4/27/2021
Driver:titelist-small: TSi 2 - Graphite Design AD-XC 6S
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:srixon-small: ZX5 5 - PW - Accra 95 icwt S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Two Ball Ten S Tour Lines - 31"

On a negative note, I need to be more careful, skied one and left a small but not very noticeable idiot mark. I am pretty sensitive to tee height and this new range I went to had some sort of carpet that you can put your own tee in, but it only goes in a very small amount. So my regular tees were too tall and then thats when I skied one.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Updated 4/27/2021

I am generally finding similar results re: ball speed so far. It is every bit as fast as my Epic, but isn't some world beater. To Titleist's credit, I don't think they are making any grand promises to hit new ball speed records, but they are touting a focus on ball speed consistency across the face, which should in theory help me more often.

I am finding that the TSi is very consistent on miss-hits. Still getting some good distance on different portions of the face. Still need to get it on the launch monitor again!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 3

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

3-wood:  :adams-small:  Tight Lies 2 (15*) 

5-Wood:  :adams-small: Tight Lies 2 (19*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

I've decided that I am going to do my Trackman session near the end of the review period instead of right away. My thought process here is that I have been playing the SIM Max for about 10 months, and I wan some time to get used to the TSi 2. However, it will only be TSi 2 on course. I know exactly how the SIM Max performs on course.

• Like 6

Updated 4/27/2021

I've decided that I am going to do my Trackman session near the end of the review period instead of right away. My thought process here is that I have been playing the SIM Max for about 10 months, and I wan some time to get used to the TSi 2. However, it will only be TSi 2 on course. I know exactly how the SIM Max performs on course.

I like that approach. It will only be TSi 3 on the course for me as well. I’m thinking I’ll even pull driver on holes I normally wouldn’t just to see if this can create some new lines for me! So far through 1 round it has...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, HeathS16 said:

I like that approach. It will only be TSi 3 on the course for me as well. I’m thinking I’ll even pull driver on holes I normally wouldn’t just to see if this can create some new lines for me! So far through 1 round it has...

I will be playing driver on all non-par 3s. I tend to find a way to mess up irons off the tee on non-par 3s to begin with 😂

- 3 wood: Topped
- Hybrid: Dead left pull
- Iron: Should be safe but find a way to hit it OB

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Updated 4/27/2021

4CB47730-78F3-48C4-B918-ACEDCC9A4FED.JPEG.0cba156108929718d88449d8f4a4172d.JPEG

• Like 4

Updated 4/27/2021

@dlow206 I'm especially interested in your review here. My pops recently got the SIM Max with the Ventus Blue shaft (jealous much?!). I've hit it a few times and I'll have to admit that it's probably the best looking, feeling, sounding, and performing driver out. For me anyway. Even with the wrong flex (for me) it just sends bombs.

My pops doesn't have a very consistent swing but I've seen him hit the best drives he's ever had with it.

I'm thinking that 2021 might be the year of the new driver for me and I'm dead set on the SIM.. but I'll be anxious to see how the Tsi compares.

the more I practice, the luckier I seem to get..

• Like 3

:taylormade-small:  SIM Max 7°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Mitsubishi Diamana Kai'li x5ct XS  
:callaway-small: Epic Flash Hybrid 18* / Mitsubishi Tensei Silver 70g 

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TS-1 3 - P / TT DG 105 (S+) 

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedges - 50/6 + 56/12
:cleveland-small: HB Soft Premier #4 / Golf Pride Pro Only Red Star

2 hours ago, azstu324 said:

@dlow206 I'm especially interested in your review here. My pops recently got the SIM Max with the Ventus Blue shaft (jealous much?!). I've hit it a few times and I'll have to admit that it's probably the best looking, feeling, sounding, and performing driver out. For me anyway. Even with the wrong flex (for me) it just sends bombs.

My pops doesn't have a very consistent swing but I've seen him hit the best drives he's ever had with it.

I'm thinking that 2021 might be the year of the new driver for me and I'm dead set on the SIM.. but I'll be anxious to see how the Tsi compares.

The SIM Max is definitely a good driver, but I have found out its not the right one for me. When i hit it good, its really good. But for folks that are faders/slicers (me), it can get a little dicey. I mean, of course I can hit a terrible slice with any driver, but I find the SIM Max to be more punishing. There is a long thread on WRX of folks who have similar findings, but a lot of folks love it because it helps take away the left side.

@azstu324- is your dad playing the Ventus Velocore blue or the stock made for Ventus Blue?

• Like 4

Updated 4/27/2021

Ended up still playing yesterday but there was standing water on about half the greens so we played simulator rules for putting. Didn’t matter for the driver! I had a couple loose drives to start the day but got it going on the back 9. I don’t have any shot tracking data and wind was swirling so distances were kind of whacky, but I was 5/7 in fairways (2/5 on the front with driver). It was actually nice (for review purposes) to have a few of my typical misses. I think the big takeaway is that my TSi felt more forgiving than my Epic. I don’t know how much comes from the heavier shaft mitigating some of my bad left misses vs a more forgiving head, but what would have been snappy hooks turned into pulls - not good shots, but playable. 

• Like 4

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi 3 10* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X 

Fairway: :titelist-small: TSi 2 15* w/ Graphite Design AD IX 7X

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSi2* 17* w/ Atmos Blue 85x  

Utility: :ping-small: i500 3i (19*) w/ MMT 125tx

Irons: :cobra-small: King Forged CB w/ KBS $ Taper 130

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 54 S, 58 M w/ Modus 125

Putter:  :cameron-small:  California Hollywood 34" Circle H

Since I am referencing my gamer a lot, here is a top-down comparison to the Epic Flash SZ Triple Diamond. Pretty similar view with high gloss, but a slightly more traditional shape and cleaner look for the TSi in my view. 

200211571_TSivs_Epic.jpg.3e097b68aadb5f9716abd227aa1c0168.jpg

• Like 3

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi 3 10* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X 

Fairway: :titelist-small: TSi 2 15* w/ Graphite Design AD IX 7X

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSi2* 17* w/ Atmos Blue 85x  

Utility: :ping-small: i500 3i (19*) w/ MMT 125tx

Irons: :cobra-small: King Forged CB w/ KBS $ Taper 130

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 54 S, 58 M w/ Modus 125

Putter:  :cameron-small:  California Hollywood 34" Circle H

Image1604872511.215921.jpg
Not looking great for any playing or testing for most of this week.

• Sad 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Got a round in today. Keep in mind, I was implementing a driver swing change for the first time. Accuracy was up significantly for the round, 8/14 "satisfactory" drives. Definition of satisfactory is that it was either in the fairway or rough, did not put me in a bad position for a second shot (i.e. don't have to punch out), not OB, you get the point. Think I only had one bad OB shot.

Distance wasn't particularly long, but part of it was implementing the swing change for the first time, part of it was because it was cold outside and bundling up on the clothes doesn't help my swing speed. Best shot off the tee with the TSi 2 today was on hole 18, hit it straight on the line I envisioned. It's a bit hard to see in the picture, but the drive ended up in about the perfect spot in the fairway, but of course i managed to ruin the second shot.

Hole18_2020-11-08.jpeg.65b6b9eec0d895f6bd6e69d43631a4b1.jpeg

• Like 5

Updated 4/27/2021

Will be taking the TSi to Payne’s Valley Friday...yes I have a countdown. Might I be the first person to play the TSi3 there!?

• Like 5
  • Love 1

On 11/6/2020 at 8:35 PM, dlow206 said:

On a negative note, I need to be more careful, skied one and left a small but not very noticeable idiot mark. I am pretty sensitive to tee height and this new range I went to had some sort of carpet that you can put your own tee in, but it only goes in a very small amount. So my regular tees were too tall and then thats when I skied one.

I have to give a ton of credit to Cobra on the Speedzone driver for that... the Infinity Face basically eliminates the risk of paint chips on the crown from.... the occasional less than ideal contact... which is a far cry from the F9.  But I always thought that the glossy crowns hid any marks a little better than matte finished ones.  Range balls certainly don't help though.  

• Like 3

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :Snell: MTB-X | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

31 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

I have to give a ton of credit to Cobra on the Speedzone driver for that... the Infinity Face basically eliminates the risk of paint chips on the crown from.... the occasional less than ideal contact... which is a far cry from the F9.  But I always thought that the glossy crowns hid any marks a little better than matte finished ones.  Range balls certainly don't help though.  

Yeah, I can see what you mean for matte vs. glossy. I've found the non-black carbon fiber look of the SIM Max hides crown marks well. You really can't see any marks.

• Like 2

Updated 4/27/2021

The SIM Max is definitely a good driver, but I have found out its not the right one for me. When i hit it good, its really good. But for folks that are faders/slicers (me), it can get a little dicey. I mean, of course I can hit a terrible slice with any driver, but I find the SIM Max to be more punishing. There is a long thread on WRX of folks who have similar findings, but a lot of folks love it because it helps take away the left side.
[mention=76102]azstu324[/mention]- is your dad playing the Ventus Velocore blue or the stock made for Ventus Blue?
Pretty sure it's the "made for" Ventus. Although I'm sure the Velecore version is much nicer, I don't dare send my dad down the rabbit hole of aftermarket shafts. [emoji12] Everything he plays is by my recommendation and he really has no clue why I built his set the way I did. But it's very custom for him and works great. I've got the head for the tech and details. He just wants to swing a club and make the ball go toward the hole.

If I do end up getting a new driver, I'm definitely interested in the aftermarket Ventus, either blue or black. The made for version already plays great so I'm sure the Velocore version is a winner.

• Like 4

:taylormade-small:  SIM Max 7°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Mitsubishi Diamana Kai'li x5ct XS  
:callaway-small: Epic Flash Hybrid 18* / Mitsubishi Tensei Silver 70g 

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TS-1 3 - P / TT DG 105 (S+) 

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedges - 50/6 + 56/12
:cleveland-small: HB Soft Premier #4 / Golf Pride Pro Only Red Star

55 minutes ago, azstu324 said:

Pretty sure it's the "made for" Ventus. Although I'm sure the Velecore version is much nicer, I don't dare send my dad down the rabbit hole of aftermarket shafts.

It’s absolutely a “made for”...

• Like 1

Driver: :honma:TR20 460, Vizard 60g Stiff

FW: :tour-edge: CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 75g Stiff

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: SIM DHY 3 & 4H, Diamana Limited Hybrid 75g Stiff

Iron: :mizuno-small:JPX 919 Forged 5-GW, Project X 6.0

Wedges::vokey-small:SM8 54 S Grind, 60 M Grind

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER7B 

:SuperSpeed:

Tested the Honma TR20 460 driver