Jump to content

2020 Official Member Review: Titleist TSi Drivers


Recommended Posts

Our Sponsors

Throwing out something here for fun. Anyone want to guess what shaft that I am fitted into tomorrow during the fitting (shaft, flex, weight), based on the info I provided about my game? I will give away a small prize for who ever guesses the right (or closest) shaft.

You can assume the shafts will be from this list: https://www.titleist.com/golf-clubs/golf-drivers/tsi2

  • Like 6

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 10/6/2020
Driver:taylormade-small:SIM Max 10.5 - Fujikura Ventus Red 5S Velocore (the real one)
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:callaway-small:Mavrik Max 5 - AW - Nippon Neo 950GH S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge flex
Putter:  LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1

Current Putter Collection: LAB Golf DIrected Force 1, :cleveland-small: HB Soft Premier #11, :cameron-small: La Costa 1st 500, :scotty-small: Squareback 1 (2008)
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@Golfspy_CG2 and the fine folks at Titleist have set me up to get fitted here tomorrow...I am officially the luckiest SOB on this site! MUCH more to come very soon...

I am not going to lie people, this post has taken me a long time to write and post.  This is not a bad thing, I simply could not find the words to describe what happened this afternoon at 3 pm central

Review and results of my fitting on 10/22/2020 Showed up to my Titleist Thursday fitting at the Golf Club at Newcastle about 20 minutes early. Skipped warm-up with irons, so went straight to warm

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Throwing out something here for fun. Anyone want to guess what shaft that I am fitted into tomorrow during the fitting (shaft, flex, weight), based on the info I provided about my game? I will give away a small prize for who ever guesses the right (or closest) shaft.

You can assume the shafts will be from this list: https://www.titleist.com/golf-clubs/golf-drivers/tsi2

That's an awesome way to generate some traffic on the thread, nice.

You don't think any custom shaft options will be available to you?  (Forgive me if that was in the text somewhere...I didn't apply.)

I'll go Tensei AV Blue RAW in the 55 model (58g) stiff.  No "prize" necessary, unless it's the club after you're done testing!

  • Like 4

Driver: :honma:TR20 460, Vizard 60g Stiff

FW: :tour-edge: CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 75g Stiff

Hybrids: :titelist-small: TS3 3 & 4H, Project X Evenflow Blue 85g Stiff

Driving Iron: :mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB 3i, UST Mamiya recoil ES 780 F3

Iron: :mizuno-small:JPX 919 Forged 4- GW, Project X 6.0

Wedges::vokey-small:SM7 54 S Grind, 58 M Grind

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B 

:SuperSpeed:

Tested the Honma TR20 460 driver

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Getoffmylawn said:

That's an awesome way to generate some traffic on the thread, nice.

You don't think any custom shaft options will be available to you?  (Forgive me if that was in the text somewhere...I didn't apply.)

I'll go Tensei AV Blue RAW in the 55 model (58g) stiff.  No "prize" necessary, unless it's the club after you're done testing!

Its possible that custom shaft options may be available but not confirmed as of now. For the purposes of this quick contest, we will keep it to the core shaft list in that link.

  • Like 3

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 10/6/2020
Driver:taylormade-small:SIM Max 10.5 - Fujikura Ventus Red 5S Velocore (the real one)
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:callaway-small:Mavrik Max 5 - AW - Nippon Neo 950GH S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge flex
Putter:  LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1

Current Putter Collection: LAB Golf DIrected Force 1, :cleveland-small: HB Soft Premier #11, :cameron-small: La Costa 1st 500, :scotty-small: Squareback 1 (2008)
 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I forgot the most basic thing in my intro, my name is Derrick if you didn't know that already.

I have been giving some thought to metrics that i plan to track as part of this test. Besides distance, I want to track playable shots off the tee. Maybe there is a better name or actual name for this, but what i mean is that fairways in regulation is not that important to me. A "playable" shot for me could be in the fairway or in the rough, but the second shot needs to have a chance to be either hit onto the green in regulation or a reasonable lay-up distance on a par 5. Anything that is OB, hazard, requires a punch out, etc., counts against this metric for me. I also think if i top a shot and it lands in the fairway but i only hit it 50 yards, that should also count against, even though its in the fairway.

  • Like 9

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 10/6/2020
Driver:taylormade-small:SIM Max 10.5 - Fujikura Ventus Red 5S Velocore (the real one)
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:callaway-small:Mavrik Max 5 - AW - Nippon Neo 950GH S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge flex
Putter:  LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1

Current Putter Collection: LAB Golf DIrected Force 1, :cleveland-small: HB Soft Premier #11, :cameron-small: La Costa 1st 500, :scotty-small: Squareback 1 (2008)
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dlow206 said:

Throwing out something here for fun. Anyone want to guess what shaft that I am fitted into tomorrow during the fitting (shaft, flex, weight), based on the info I provided about my game? I will give away a small prize for who ever guesses the right (or closest) shaft.

You can assume the shafts will be from this list: https://www.titleist.com/golf-clubs/golf-drivers/tsi2

This is a complete guess, but I'll assume you'll be looking for something with a bit higher launch, so I'll go with this:Screenshot_20201021-195822_Chrome.jpg.c39c80215eb0d319764620d74510f17a.jpg

Great start to the thread guys, this should be interesting. The new face material is intriguing. 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

I forgot the most basic thing in my intro, my name is Derrick if you didn't know that already.

I have been giving some thought to metrics that i plan to track as part of this test. Besides distance, I want to track playable shots off the tee. Maybe there is a better name or actual name for this, but what i mean is that fairways in regulation is not that important to me. A "playable" shot for me could be in the fairway or in the rough, but the second shot needs to have a chance to be either hit onto the green in regulation or a reasonable lay-up distance on a par 5. Anything that is OB, hazard, requires a punch out, etc., counts against this metric for me. I also think if i top a shot and it lands in the fairway but i only hit it 50 yards, that should also count against, even though its in the fairway.

I did something very similar with a stat i created a couple years ago-RGIR—meaning Realistic Greens in Regulation.  
So if i was behind a tree, or was 200 plus out on a par 4, i had no chance to reach either of those greens   But if i was in the fairway or light rough 130 yards out, that is a RGIR. So i tracked my stats on those to get an idea of my iron play  

 

 

 

  • Like 7

:titelist-small: TS1 Fubuki 45g R Flex

:ping-small:  G410 FW 5, 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:scotty-small:  Phantom 5.5   35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
I did something very similar with a stat i created a couple years ago-RGIR—meaning Realistic Greens in Regulation.  
So if i was behind a tree, or was 200 plus out on a par 4, i had no chance to reach either of those greens   But if i was in the fairway or light rough 130 yards out, that is a RGIR. So i tracked my stats on those to get an idea of my iron play  
 
 
 

That makes sense, I like it.


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

Rick

 

 

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, dlow206 said:

Throwing out something here for fun. Anyone want to guess what shaft that I am fitted into tomorrow during the fitting (shaft, flex, weight), based on the info I provided about my game? I will give away a small prize for who ever guesses the right (or closest) shaft.

You can assume the shafts will be from this list: https://www.titleist.com/golf-clubs/golf-drivers/tsi2

Love it.

just winging this one and going with the AD DI. Seems like you’re looking for a little higher launch and little more roll. Not knowing what your tempo or swing speed is this is my best guess with a stiffer tip and a softer middle.

 

0AF22260-84E4-4A09-BC38-0BEB71F26B0E.jpeg

  • Like 3

Follow my overall Vegan transition here

Check out my reviews

 :ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

 :taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 - Project X HZRDUS Smoke VS Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Link to post
Share on other sites

Alan

South... oh bugger

Can’t wait to follow along here Gentlemen.  2021 is going to be the year of the Driver for me, my current gamer and tee game in general needs improvement.  It’s what is holding me back from some really low scores. 

Need some good real world results, frankly I’m sick of the YouTube video reviews... it’s just wash rinse repeat.  Blah blah blah... 

 

  • Like 5
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Need some good real world results, frankly I’m sick of the YouTube video reviews... it’s just wash rinse repeat.  Blah blah blah... 

 

Well. As you no doubt know, thats what our testers here provide. 

  • Like 7

:titelist-small: TS1 Fubuki 45g R Flex

:ping-small:  G410 FW 5, 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:scotty-small:  Phantom 5.5   35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Well. As you no doubt know, thats what our testers here provide. 

Absolutely!  Can’t wait for the chatter to pick up in this thread.  
 

I think I said somewhere else, I normally just glance T the drivers.  But they put some subliminal message on this one, that face has to where it is.  Maybe a little on the sole too.  😂😂

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
Absolutely!  Can’t wait for the chatter to pick up in this thread.  
 
I think I said somewhere else, I normally just glance T the drivers.  But they put some subliminal message on this one, that face has to where it is.  Maybe a little on the sole too.  

I think there will be plenty of chirping when we get our paws on these babies.


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 6

Rick

 

 

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rickp said:


I think there will be plenty of chirping when we get our paws on these babies.


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Looking forward to it Rick.  
 

Just please avoid any pictures of the face of the driver... that message is in there I know it.  (Kidding of course) 🙃

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Getoffmylawn said:

That's an awesome way to generate some traffic on the thread, nice.

You don't think any custom shaft options will be available to you?  (Forgive me if that was in the text somewhere...I didn't apply.)

I'll go Tensei AV Blue RAW in the 55 model (58g) stiff.  No "prize" necessary, unless it's the club after you're done testing!

The Tensei AV Blue seems like it should be a good contender for me.

1 hour ago, sirchunksalot said:

This is a complete guess, but I'll assume you'll be looking for something with a bit higher launch, so I'll go with this:Screenshot_20201021-195822_Chrome.jpg.c39c80215eb0d319764620d74510f17a.jpg

Great start to the thread guys, this should be interesting. The new face material is intriguing. 

With these mid/high launching shafts, it will definitely be interesting to see if it does in fact help increase my launch. My Ventus Red says it is a "mid-high" launch, but even Fujikura stated that it is more mid and only slightly higher than the Blue. 

1 hour ago, Lacassem said:

Love it.

just winging this one and going with the AD DI. Seems like you’re looking for a little higher launch and little more roll. Not knowing what your tempo or swing speed is this is my best guess with a stiffer tip and a softer middle.

 

0AF22260-84E4-4A09-BC38-0BEB71F26B0E.jpeg

This also seems like a good pick. The thing I find interesting about GD shafts is GDs own classification of their shafts. Seems like many of their shafts are listed as "High" launch and "Low" spin. I think Titleist did a better job with their classifications than GD does.

  • Like 4

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 10/6/2020
Driver:taylormade-small:SIM Max 10.5 - Fujikura Ventus Red 5S Velocore (the real one)
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:callaway-small:Mavrik Max 5 - AW - Nippon Neo 950GH S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge flex
Putter:  LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1

Current Putter Collection: LAB Golf DIrected Force 1, :cleveland-small: HB Soft Premier #11, :cameron-small: La Costa 1st 500, :scotty-small: Squareback 1 (2008)
 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting guesses for dlow, see happens.
Mines done and my Ole Guy swing should be easy.


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

  • Like 3

Rick

 

 

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...