TESTERS WANTED! ×

2020 Official Member Review: Titleist TSi Drivers

GolfSpy MPR

5 hours ago, dlow206 said:

Throwing out something here for fun. Anyone want to guess what shaft that I am fitted into tomorrow during the fitting (shaft, flex, weight), based on the info I provided about my game? I will give away a small prize for who ever guesses the right (or closest) shaft.

You can assume the shafts will be from this list: https://www.titleist.com/golf-clubs/golf-drivers/tsi2

Love it.

just winging this one and going with the AD DI. Seems like you’re looking for a little higher launch and little more roll. Not knowing what your tempo or swing speed is this is my best guess with a stiffer tip and a softer middle.

0AF22260-84E4-4A09-BC38-0BEB71F26B0E.jpeg

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Alan

South... oh bugger

Can’t wait to follow along here Gentlemen.  2021 is going to be the year of the Driver for me, my current gamer and tee game in general needs improvement.  It’s what is holding me back from some really low scores. 

Need some good real world results, frankly I’m sick of the YouTube video reviews... it’s just wash rinse repeat.  Blah blah blah... 

3 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Need some good real world results, frankly I’m sick of the YouTube video reviews... it’s just wash rinse repeat.  Blah blah blah... 

Well. As you no doubt know, thats what our testers here provide. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Just now, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Well. As you no doubt know, thats what our testers here provide. 

Absolutely!  Can’t wait for the chatter to pick up in this thread.  

I think I said somewhere else, I normally just glance T the drivers.  But they put some subliminal message on this one, that face has to where it is.  Maybe a little on the sole too.  😂😂

Absolutely!  Can’t wait for the chatter to pick up in this thread.  

I think I said somewhere else, I normally just glance T the drivers.  But they put some subliminal message on this one, that face has to where it is.  Maybe a little on the sole too.  

I think there will be plenty of chirping when we get our paws on these babies.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

1 minute ago, Rickp said:

I think there will be plenty of chirping when we get our paws on these babies.

Looking forward to it Rick.  

Just please avoid any pictures of the face of the driver... that message is in there I know it.  (Kidding of course) 🙃

6 hours ago, Getoffmylawn said:

That's an awesome way to generate some traffic on the thread, nice.

You don't think any custom shaft options will be available to you?  (Forgive me if that was in the text somewhere...I didn't apply.)

I'll go Tensei AV Blue RAW in the 55 model (58g) stiff.  No "prize" necessary, unless it's the club after you're done testing!

The Tensei AV Blue seems like it should be a good contender for me.

1 hour ago, sirchunksalot said:

This is a complete guess, but I'll assume you'll be looking for something with a bit higher launch, so I'll go with this:Screenshot_20201021-195822_Chrome.jpg.c39c80215eb0d319764620d74510f17a.jpg

Great start to the thread guys, this should be interesting. The new face material is intriguing. 

With these mid/high launching shafts, it will definitely be interesting to see if it does in fact help increase my launch. My Ventus Red says it is a "mid-high" launch, but even Fujikura stated that it is more mid and only slightly higher than the Blue. 

1 hour ago, Lacassem said:

Love it.

just winging this one and going with the AD DI. Seems like you’re looking for a little higher launch and little more roll. Not knowing what your tempo or swing speed is this is my best guess with a stiffer tip and a softer middle.

0AF22260-84E4-4A09-BC38-0BEB71F26B0E.jpeg

This also seems like a good pick. The thing I find interesting about GD shafts is GDs own classification of their shafts. Seems like many of their shafts are listed as "High" launch and "Low" spin. I think Titleist did a better job with their classifications than GD does.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

Interesting guesses for dlow, see happens.
Mines done and my Ole Guy swing should be easy.

Rick

Left Hand, 

1 hour ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I did something very similar with a stat i created a couple years ago-RGIR—meaning Realistic Greens in Regulation.  
So if i was behind a tree, or was 200 plus out on a par 4, i had no chance to reach either of those greens   But if i was in the fairway or light rough 130 yards out, that is a RGIR. So i tracked my stats on those to get an idea of my iron play  

I am stealing this! As nature hates me on even some of my best drives. 

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

Hopefully all the testers get fitted for their drivers.  I will be interested to know if any/all of the fitters bring up shaft length - and more specifically shorter "tour" length.  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Excited to see these reviews. Really intrigued by this driver. I work in metalworking so I'm glad they are showcasing the material!

I'm a hockey player playing golf today.
TSR3, Ventus Blue Velocore 7X
JPX 921 Tour Irons
Evnroll EV5.1
ProV1x

8 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Hopefully all the testers get fitted for their drivers.  I will be interested to know if any/all of the fitters bring up shaft length - and more specifically shorter "tour" length.  

I am definitely going to bring up shaft length tomorrow with the fitter if he doesn't bring it up. 

Updated 07/15/2022
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip

I am stealing this! As nature hates me on even some of my best drives. 

Yup, I really like a statistic that means something to me.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Just now, dlow206 said:

I am definitely going to bring up shaft length tomorrow with the fitter if he doesn't bring it up. 

Yes... wait to see if he/she brings it up first.  I'm curious whether the "shorten em up" movement is growing. 🙂  Currently reading Tom Wishon's "Search for the Perfect Golf Club" and he was onto this excessive shaft length at least 15 years ago.

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

I will definitely be bringing this up at my fitting tomorrow. If I hadn’t gotten picked for this test, my next and final try with my Epic was going to be to cut it a half inch shorter to 44.5” before giving up on it completely. My irons are standard length but I play a 42.5” 3 wood and I love it, so I wonder if it would translate to the driver. 

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi 3 10* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X 

Fairway/Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSi 2 15* & 18* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X, AD IZ 95X

Irons: :taylormade-small: P790 4i, P770 5-7i, P7MC 8-P, $ Taper 120

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 52F/54 S, 58 M w/ Modus 125

Putter:  :cameron-small:  California Hollywood 34" Circle H

15 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

That is something I'll be interested to see if he addresses with me or not.  Most fitters don't seem to bring it up for me, maybe the fact I'm 6'4" has something to do with it.   But way back in the day, I hit a friends driver that was I think 43 maybe 44 inches and it felt noticeably shorter than my 45" but boy I hit it right on the "screws" and had some pretty long drives with it.   

i recently asked a fitter via Twitter about if I already had a good positive angle of attack and felt my swing speed is about as much as I can get out of it, is there any hope for more carry and or yardage.   he suggested adding a 1/2" to it.   I know that' an easy answer for more speed, but how much of a cost in terms of accuracy does it come with.  Or even control of hitting it square. 

i recently asked a fitter via Twitter about if I already had a good positive angle of attack and felt my swing speed is about as much as I can get out of it, is there any hope for more carry and or yardage.   he suggested adding a 1/2" to it.   I know that' an easy answer for more speed, but how much of a cost in terms of accuracy does it come with.  Or even control of hitting it square. 

Based on your question that is the best answer. If you are missing the center, then that is something that should be worked on as well. Everyone will respond to length differently. As you said, will in impact your ability to square the face or reduce your ability to hit the center of the face.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

So when I get to my computer, I’ll let you guys know what happened today. Let’s just say the results of this fitting were flat out eye popping...in a good way.

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

I had a very surprising result from my fitting (in a good way). Very different than i could ever have imagined. I will post a lot more detail when i get home.

Updated 07/15/2022

17 minutes ago, HeathS16 said:

So when I get to my computer, I’ll let you guys know what happened today. Let’s just say the results of this fitting were flat out eye popping...in a good way.

3 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

I had a very surprising result from my fitting (in a good way). Very different than i could ever have imagined. I will post a lot more detail when i get home.

giphy.gif

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

25 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Can’t wait to hear about the results!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

That is a beautiful sight, hartrick

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

1 hour ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Well. I won’t keep everyone waiting too long.  Ill recap my fitting. Mine was pretty stock boring, I’m sure some of the faster guys will have some more exciting results. 

One great aside to start with. I arrived about 30 minutes early to warm up with a small bucket to get loose.   My swing was in a very good place.  I was really dialed in with the 7 iron, then about 6 of 7 drives to wrap up the warm up.  I could have kept hitting that T200 7 iron all day, it was feeling so good. 

Anybody who read about my horrible range session on Tuesday, will know how happy this made me! 

OK-The Fitting

My Gamer: TS1 9.0 Fubuki 45g Sr. flex.  
what i like about it.  It’s a fairway finding machine, literally.  I may miss 2 fairways a round.  A bad day might be 3.  It launches high, 16 degrees and apex around 88-90 feet.  

what i don’t like about it. I feel it spins too much and loses steam too soon.   It seems to just fall out of the sky.  

what i was looking for from the fitting.  To generate less spin without sacrificing accuracy.  And as a result, pick up a few more yards. 
The magic weapons i’ll have to work with 

98B2405C-8C32-45DB-831C-13E68022E341.jpeg

B1B51B50-83AC-4ECC-8A1E-F1D0FF5516FA.jpeg

17EAD393-5A3B-44AD-A708-D29287791D09.jpeg

My fitter Jeff getting something ready for me

4C771D0A-BE24-4D21-81A3-98A6C1FFBC2B.jpeg

We started with 5 swings with my TS1.  We saw what i normally see which helps. He noted right away the shaft was wrong for me.  I was getting 3100 to 3200 spin on the shots at 16 to 17 degrees.  

He said that is way too much spin for me as i don’t have any issues getting the ball in the air.  Launch was a bit high with that spin.  He said he could live with 16 degrees if i had lower spin.  And the A flex was killing me, by being way too tip soft. 

So we started with a Kuro Kage black in 50g Regular flex.  We immediately saw a more penetrating flight. Even though it wasn’t as high (78 feet) it carried 8 yards farther as the spin was down go 2700.  And ball speed was up about 2 mph.  So a bit more speed with a few grams heavier shaft.   A few more shots with very similar numbers. 

Then we moved to the Tensei Blue Raw at 55g.  The numbers were all very similar, but about 100 rpm less spin averaged around 2600.  He saw even more of a penatating flight.  But he was worried we might get too low on some mishits.   He tried lowering the weight in the sole, to lighten it up.  But spin started creeping back up. 

We went back to the KK but in 55 g.  He said my swing speed had been holding up and now that we were about 20 swings in.  So he wanted to see how i handled this weight. 

He asked how it felt. it felt ok to me, but in all honesty it felt like a bit more work than the 50g.  He nodded his head in delight.  Ha 

He said thats exactly what he wanted to hear.  Because you need to think about the holes late in the round, you’re not as fresh as the 1st hole.  And the last club you want to start struggling with is the driver. 

So it was back to the KK 50g R and he said, here lets hit some real balls with it, and he started handing me Prov’s—we had been using TM range balls.  So I hit 7 or 8 with those and the numbers were even better ball speed, spin and carry.  

So data wise i ended up with these averages. 
84 mph SS

121 ball speed

13.6 launch

2675 spin 

196 carry 

219 total 

The setup I’ll be testing

TSi2 10.0 set to B2 .75 upright 

Kuro Kage Black 50g regular 

std length 

Not internet worthy numbers🥺 But that is about 15 to 17 more total yards than i see on my course using the SX500 GPS   

When the drivers arrive from Titleist on Nov 12   Ill be sure snd get some rapsodo and trackman numbers as well as real on course results  

Oh and and a little treat for our lefty friends here.  Most of these still had the wrapper on them 😜😜

EE90F4F9-C50F-452D-8F74-DFB7AA0F3C2E.jpeg

And heres Jeff about to get another happy Titleist customer dialed in. 
417C67A9-6855-4298-B40B-E3F2AF42F974.jpeg

Did he bring up length?  Did you remember to ask?

1 minute ago, fixyurdivot said:

Did he bring up length?  Did you remember to ask?

I did ask. He felt i was making solid enough contact to not go shorter, but didn’t want to risk losing the accuracy i have by going any longer. 

Just now, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I did ask. He felt i was making solid enough contact to not go shorter, but didn’t want to risk losing the accuracy i have by going any longer. 

What length are you using?

7 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

What length are you using?

45.5”