Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

2020 Official Member Review: Titleist TSi Drivers

GolfSpy MPR

Awesome shots awsome review. Love the drone s*** and the 2nd picture of the face wow....detail is all I can say, I have not see. Pictures like that even in the titleist roll out.
love the honesty and glad you’re hitting those fairways often. I am really surprised the tool was not in there and had no luck with contacting them. 

nice work!

Nice job Tyler! Happy to see someone from my side of the tee!
We are on different ends of the swing speed scale but have a similar take on this driver.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

3 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Nice job Tyler! Happy to see someone from my side of the tee!
We are on different ends of the swing speed scale but have a similar take on this driver.

I think photos of left handed clubs should come with a viewer warning 🙂.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Got my final range work in today, need to bring it to the course next week and wrap this up.
Solved the shaft issue. The replacement shaft is RH and wasn’t happy on a LH head. Had a talk w them this morning and they’re playing nice!
Rev, height/carry issue worked out this morning. I believe the weight switch in the heel to -4gr was the winner.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Be well Rick.  I just had a quick bout of food poisoning that involved a slight fever, headache, and chills; plus the usual.  Of course we did not come to this conclusion until it passed in 24 hours.  It's not so funny how everything has us thinking C19 .

Correct!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Another Lefty spotted at Range this morning

Image1607785366.138397.jpg

Rick

Left Hand, 

50:1 his balls ends here 😆

image.png.74241c9627d8f77fc937d4ebb364a0fa.png

Thanks for the kind words, y’all! If there’s one thing I love more than golf, it’s golf photography.

I’m anxious to read the rest of these reviews, everyone seems to be enjoying it as much as I am. I hope we get another warm spell here in Missouri so I don’t gotta wait until Spring to bust it back out.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

Got a date with an LM set for Monday to get some more data, gonna try  for one more round as well. Gonna wrap this up with some final thoughts, big shout out to @TSauer for setting the bar so high on the review, well done sir! 

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

50:1 his balls ends here 
image.png.74241c9627d8f77fc937d4ebb364a0fa.png

Actually no, he wasn’t that bad....better than me. He looked like a youngster maybe 70.

Rick

Left Hand, 

44 minutes ago, TSauer said:

Thanks for the kind words, y’all! If there’s one thing I love more than golf, it’s golf photography.

I’m anxious to read the rest of these reviews, everyone seems to be enjoying it as much as I am. I hope we get another warm spell here in Missouri so I don’t gotta wait until Spring to bust it back out.

Great review and as mentioned the photos really add to the context of it all.

Hoping that you continue to find your fairways, and become very confident on the teebox with the TSi in your hands.

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

Check out my final review, hope you enjoy

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

1 hour ago, dlow206 said:

Check out my final review, hope you enjoy

Very nice and honest review which makes it all the more relevant for any person looking for actual input on this driver model.

Well done, and best of luck going forward with your improvement goals and use of this driver. 👍

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

6 minutes ago, rkj427 said:

Very nice and honest review which makes it all the more relevant for any person looking for actual input on this driver model.

Well done, and best of luck going forward with your improvement goals and use of this driver. 👍

Thanks for following along and reading the review, appreciate it

Updated 07/15/2022
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip

On 10/21/2020 at 12:04 PM, dlow206 said:

image.png.7d5a57af21e8c2e4de5471c690c79754.png

Titleist TSi 2 Review by DLow206 (Derrick)

Introduction

First off, I would like to thank MGS and Titleist for selecting my to review the TSi 2. It's an honor and I hope you enjoy my review and are able taking away meaningful insights.

Allow me to re-introduce myself, my name is DLow, D to L-O-W (ok, sorry took that line from Jay Z). I am 36 years young, an aspiring to be good golfer, and a husband and father on the side. I am also a certified MGS addict and equipment junkie, known for finding crazy deals and hanging out in the CHA thread too much.

I believe my value proposition as a reviewer is that I represent the high-handicappers who have swing flaws but want to elevate their game and work hard at it. Too many of the reviewers on YouTube these days are great golfers who carry the ball 300 + yards and hit the center of the face almost every time. We need to see tests from golfers who swing over the top, who have an overly negative AOA, etc. While I would love not to have any of those issues, I have them for now, and hopefully my review will resonate with those of you who have those same problems.

image.png.7449a1746b929ea79763af2aba03acf1.png

A little about my golf game and more specifically about my driver game:

• Currently a high-handicapper – 22, have been playing regularly for about a year or so now
  • I had been playing the SIM Max driver with a Ventus Red Velocore. I ended up with the Ventus Red because it sounded like a good idea based on the profile (that’s definitely not how you should pick a shaft)
  • My good drives are in the 240 to 250 range, with a few getting out there to 270ish total yards based on Shotscope, when the weather is good
  • A typical "good" ballflight for me is small fade with a lower trajectory than I desire. Get good roll-out when the fairways are dry, but that doesn't help me here in the PNW during the rainy season
  • Miss these days is a push fade, sometimes push slice, an occasional pull when overcompensating
  • My AOA is way too negative, so negative that I get depressed talking about lol

Summary of Fitting (Titleist Thursday)

The full detailed review of my fitting can be found here, so I won’t go through all the details again.

Going into the fitting, I thought I needed a high-launching, soft tip shaft, because I perceive I hit the ball too low. After I warmed up, the fitter watched me hit about 10 balls with my SIM Max driver, while capturing data on Trackman. The first shaft that the fitter had me try was the Hzrdus RDX. I was shocked, since that is not one of the “high-launching” shaft options. All of the shafts that the fitter had me try were low-mid launch shafts, because my spin was too high due to negative AOA and factors related to my over the top swing. My best performance was with a shaft that I definitely didn’t expect:

image.png.52a16f8984cdbd24e7e01d5c99aff44f.png

Graphite Design XC-6 S

image.png.7f4ff7a9c2409820e375ed25a7102138.png

First Impressions

Man, this thing looks great. I like the modern head shape. Overall, it has just a clean, classy look in my mind.

image.png.dc70e399b667c037310c74a4f72ca7e3.png

image.png.5589e062e670b0b73e0b7cdbe3d90f6e.png

One of those unique elements of the TSi series is the look and material used in the face. “TSi driver faces are constructed from ATI 425 Aerospace Titanium, a unique material that delivers superior strength, elasticity and durability versus the conventional titanium alloys used in golf. The exceptional ductility of ATI 425 (30 percent higher than 6-4 Titanium) allowed engineers to produce Titleist’s fastest driver face, while maintaining the durability properties required for consistent maximum performance.” While its hard to isolate the performance of the driver based on the material used in the face, it looks cool!

image.png.956719626df749529b28764e69e3de87.png

Here are some details on the exact specs of the club for you equipment nerds out there.

image.png.6a4fa62ea8c585f1dea871bb845acdb8.png

image.png.fd5079136e5a8ce2f802f9e692ae3c8a.png

At -1”, Titleist automatically built the driver with the plus 4 gram weight

image.png.e855ea98fb2c3fb398ca195f38d3e121.png

Swingweight was around D3

Overall, after unboxing, I was ready to get this party started.

image.png.474acfc69614c7398953103ea84d9196.png

image.png.4d35907b9684557d4f893d95be792fed.png

Grading

Ready for my grades?

Looks (9/10):

To preface this, I am not picky in terms of looks. With that said, this driver looks clean, love the modern head shape, the shiny black finish, the simple alignment aid, the nice looking sole, it just looks great.

One minor nitpick on the looks is that if you hit one off the crown, the idiot marks definitely show and stand out. Now, hitting the ball off the crown is definitely user error and not the fault of the manufacturer, but other drivers out there do a better job of hiding idiot marks than others. That my reason for deducting one point.

Sound (10/10)

As with looks, I am not too picky with sound, and I am bad at describing sound. Does it sound better than a Nike Sumo 2 5900 square driver that sounds like someone is playing golf with an aluminum bat? No doubt. I do think it sounds great, nothing struck me as sounding weird. You can judge for yourself in this video.

From a feel perspective, I attribute a lot of the feel to the feel of the shaft. I had perceived that a low-mid launch, low-mid spin shaft would feel stout. However, with this GD XC shaft, it feels controlled, but has a good kick. I attribute that good kick feeling to the shaft profile being butt soft, so the kick is more in the butt section of the shafts, vs. having a big kick in the tip.

Basic Characteristics (18/20)

From a characteristics perspective, I am going to evaluate it using the criteria below

• Trajectory – I perceived the trajectory to be higher than my SIM Max and my Trackman stats confirmed that

• Workability – I don’t purposefully try to work the ball one way or the other, so can’t comment on this

• Accuracy – At my skill level, I could slice a square driver off the planet. My dispersion with the TSi 2 was more than I would have like it to be, but I do attribute a lot of that to user error. I would say I had less big misses with the TSi 2 than with my SIM Max.

• Distance – It was interesting that on Trackman, my overall average distance was higher than the SIM Max, even though the TSi 2 playing length is -0.5” shorter. However, my absolute longest drives overall were with the SIM Max.

• Forgiveness – I hit the ball all over the face, up-down-left-right, but bulk of my misses I would say are toe side than heel side. I would say the forgiveness was about equal to my SIM Max in terms of distance loss for not hitting it in the center

• Adjustability – This is one of the biggest positives with the Titleist adapter. You can adjust the lie angle independently of the loft. There are 16 different adjustments. For me, when making adjustments, I do have to look at the adjustment chart each time, because its not intuitive what A-1 vs. C-3 is on the adjustments. I wish Titleist could come up with a convention that was more intuitive, but that is a very minor grievance.

• What factors were you pleased with – I was very pleased with the overall performance of the driver, especially that I didn’t have as big of misses with the TSi 2. I would say I had less OB shots overall with the TSi 2 vs the SIM Max.

On Course / LM Performance (28/30)

Did the TSi 2 turn me into a great golfer? No, but I don’t expect that out of any equipment. I honestly did have my ups and downs during the test period with my swing, and there was a time period where I was hitting all of my clubs shorter than normal while I was working on some things.

On the course, I didn’t hit my longest drives of all time with the TSi 2, but I was able to hit the ball a good distance while having a less chance of the really big miss (off the planet to the right) that I had with my SIM Max. I would say that I did find myself more in the fairway or near the fairway with the TSi 2, so less OB balls and less punching out from behind trees. I would consider this one as a representative good drive with the TSi 2 during the winter season:

image.png.02acecbc7420b3dcc63f0b8b75d883da.png

As a high-handicapper who has inconsistencies, ups and downs, and is working on swing changes, I think one of the best ways to compare the performance of equipment is to test two clubs side by side, on the same day to eliminate as many variables as possible. That way, you can eliminate some other variables that may impact the performance you are seeing between clubs.

I compared the TSi 2 against the SIM Max on a Trackman on December 12th. In terms of methodology, I hit 40 plus balls with each and did not eliminate any shots. It was on an outdoor range with range balls, and I believe the results were normalized on the Trackman to account for that.

SIM Max:

Carry

Total

Club Speed

Smash Fac

Ball Speed

Launch Ang

Height

Spin Rate

SIM Max

TSi 2:

Carry

Total

Club Speed

Smash Fac

Ball Speed

Launch Ang

Height

Spin Rate

TSI2

As you can see, the TSi 2 performed better overall, almost 6 yards more in terms of total distance while the clubhead speed was lower. I attribute that to hitting the ball closer to the center of the face more often with the TSi 2. It is hard to isolate if that was due to equipment or due to the TSi 2 playing length being 0.5 inches shorter.

Dispersion:

image.png.d7cc1e39de9594e76907ed15849dedb8.png

You can see less of the big misses with the TSi 2 vs. the SIM Max

Miscellaneous (9/10):

I am going to deduct one point for one very minor grievance that I have. To me, the headcover is a little too tight fitting, can be hard to put on at times.

Play it or Trade It (18/20):

I will for sure be playing it. I have much more confidence with it than with my SIM Max. In 2021, I will likely go for a full OEM-agnostic fitting to try a wider range of drivers and shafts to see if there is anything that fits me better. For now, it is the GAMER.

Conclusion:

The TSi 2 is a great driver overall, very forgiving, doesn’t appear to be overly fade or draw biased, and I think it will fit a lot of people. Of course, if you want to maximize your performance without unnecessary experimentation, you should get a high-quality fitting to see what you fit best into. I would recommend for sure that the TSi 2 should be one of the clubs that you test though.

Final Score: 92/100

Awesome review and so glad you included some dispersion data. 40/40 is a great sample size and the numbers are the proof. Glad you enjoyed this.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

16 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Awesome review and so glad you included some dispersion data. 40/40 is a great sample size and the numbers are the proof. Glad you enjoyed this.

Thanks for reading this. I don't love how some of the youtube reviewers overcleanse the data and remove a lot of shots. I get why they do it though. Like you mentioned, if the sample size is high enough, it will minimize the weight/impact that a few really bad shots (like if you top one 50 yards), will have on the overall results. 

Updated 07/15/2022

8 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Thanks for reading this. I don't love how some of the youtube reviewers overcleanse the data and remove a lot of shots. I get why they do it though. Like you mentioned, if the sample size is high enough, it will minimize the weight/impact that a few really bad shots (like if you top one 50 yards), will have on the overall results. 

It’s like handicap. 20 rounds true average. Same will be with your shots. Paints the real picture 

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

image.png.7d5a57af21e8c2e4de5471c690c79754.png
Titleist TSi 2 Review by DLow206 (Derrick)
Introduction
First off, I would like to thank MGS and Titleist for selecting my to review the TSi 2. It's an honor and I hope you enjoy my review and are able taking away meaningful insights.
Allow me to re-introduce myself, my name is DLow, D to L-O-W (ok, sorry took that line from Jay Z). I am 36 years young, an aspiring to be good golfer, and a husband and father on the side. I am also a certified MGS addict and equipment junkie, known for finding crazy deals and hanging out in the CHA thread too much.
I believe my value proposition as a reviewer is that I represent the high-handicappers who have swing flaws but want to elevate their game and work hard at it. Too many of the reviewers on YouTube these days are great golfers who carry the ball 300 + yards and hit the center of the face almost every time. We need to see tests from golfers who swing over the top, who have an overly negative AOA, etc. While I would love not to have any of those issues, I have them for now, and hopefully my review will resonate with those of you who have those same problems.

image.png.7449a1746b929ea79763af2aba03acf1.png

A little about my golf game and more specifically about my driver game:
  • Currently a high-handicapper – 22, have been playing regularly for about a year or so now
  • I had been playing the SIM Max driver with a Ventus Red Velocore. I ended up with the Ventus Red because it sounded like a good idea based on the profile (that’s definitely not how you should pick a shaft)
  • My good drives are in the 240 to 250 range, with a few getting out there to 270ish total yards based on Shotscope, when the weather is good
  • A typical "good" ballflight for me is small fade with a lower trajectory than I desire. Get good roll-out when the fairways are dry, but that doesn't help me here in the PNW during the rainy season
  • Miss these days is a push fade, sometimes push slice, an occasional pull when overcompensating
  • My AOA is way too negative, so negative that I get depressed talking about lol
Summary of Fitting (Titleist Thursday)
The full detailed review of my fitting can be found here, so I won’t go through all the details again.
[/url]  
Going into the fitting, I thought I needed a high-launching, soft tip shaft, because I perceive I hit the ball too low. After I warmed up, the fitter watched me hit about 10 balls with my SIM Max driver, while capturing data on Trackman. The first shaft that the fitter had me try was the Hzrdus RDX. I was shocked, since that is not one of the “high-launching” shaft options. All of the shafts that the fitter had me try were low-mid launch shafts, because my spin was too high due to negative AOA and factors related to my over the top swing. My best performance was with a shaft that I definitely didn’t expect:
image.png.52a16f8984cdbd24e7e01d5c99aff44f.png
Graphite Design XC-6 S
image.png.7f4ff7a9c2409820e375ed25a7102138.png
First Impressions
Man, this thing looks great. I like the modern head shape. Overall, it has just a clean, classy look in my mind.
image.png.dc70e399b667c037310c74a4f72ca7e3.png
image.png.5589e062e670b0b73e0b7cdbe3d90f6e.png
One of those unique elements of the TSi series is the look and material used in the face. “TSi driver faces are constructed from ATI 425 Aerospace Titanium, a unique material that delivers superior strength, elasticity and durability versus the conventional titanium alloys used in golf. The exceptional ductility of ATI 425 (30 percent higher than 6-4 Titanium) allowed engineers to produce Titleist’s fastest driver face, while maintaining the durability properties required for consistent maximum performance.” While its hard to isolate the performance of the driver based on the material used in the face, it looks cool!
image.png.956719626df749529b28764e69e3de87.png
Here are some details on the exact specs of the club for you equipment nerds out there.
image.png.6a4fa62ea8c585f1dea871bb845acdb8.png
image.png.fd5079136e5a8ce2f802f9e692ae3c8a.png
At -1”, Titleist automatically built the driver with the plus 4 gram weight
image.png.e855ea98fb2c3fb398ca195f38d3e121.png
Swingweight was around D3
Overall, after unboxing, I was ready to get this party started.
image.png.474acfc69614c7398953103ea84d9196.png

image.png.4d35907b9684557d4f893d95be792fed.png

Grading
Ready for my grades?
Looks (9/10):
To preface this, I am not picky in terms of looks. With that said, this driver looks clean, love the modern head shape, the shiny black finish, the simple alignment aid, the nice looking sole, it just looks great.
One minor nitpick on the looks is that if you hit one off the crown, the idiot marks definitely show and stand out. Now, hitting the ball off the crown is definitely user error and not the fault of the manufacturer, but other drivers out there do a better job of hiding idiot marks than others. That my reason for deducting one point.
Sound (10/10)
As with looks, I am not too picky with sound, and I am bad at describing sound. Does it sound better than a Nike Sumo 2 5900 square driver that sounds like someone is playing golf with an aluminum bat? No doubt. I do think it sounds great, nothing struck me as sounding weird. You can judge for yourself in this video.
From a feel perspective, I attribute a lot of the feel to the feel of the shaft. I had perceived that a low-mid launch, low-mid spin shaft would feel stout. However, with this GD XC shaft, it feels controlled, but has a good kick. I attribute that good kick feeling to the shaft profile being butt soft, so the kick is more in the butt section of the shafts, vs. having a big kick in the tip.
Basic Characteristics (18/20)
 From a characteristics perspective, I am going to evaluate it using the criteria below

On Course / LM Performance (28/30)
Did the TSi 2 turn me into a great golfer? No, but I don’t expect that out of any equipment. I honestly did have my ups and downs during the test period with my swing, and there was a time period where I was hitting all of my clubs shorter than normal while I was working on some things.
On the course, I didn’t hit my longest drives of all time with the TSi 2, but I was able to hit the ball a good distance while having a less chance of the really big miss (off the planet to the right) that I had with my SIM Max. I would say that I did find myself more in the fairway or near the fairway with the TSi 2, so less OB balls and less punching out from behind trees. I would consider this one as a representative good drive with the TSi 2 during the winter season:
image.png.02acecbc7420b3dcc63f0b8b75d883da.png
As a high-handicapper who has inconsistencies, ups and downs, and is working on swing changes, I think one of the best ways to compare the performance of equipment is to test two clubs side by side, on the same day to eliminate as many variables as possible. That way, you can eliminate some other variables that may impact the performance you are seeing between clubs.
I compared the TSi 2 against the SIM Max on a Trackman on December 12th. In terms of methodology, I hit 40 plus balls with each and did not eliminate any shots. It was on an outdoor range with range balls, and I believe the results were normalized on the Trackman to account for that.
SIM Max:

Carry
Total
Club Speed
Smash Fac
Ball Speed
Launch Ang
Height
Spin Rate
SIM Max

TSi 2:

Carry
Total
Club Speed
Smash Fac
Ball Speed
Launch Ang
Height
Spin Rate
TSI2

As you can see, the TSi 2 performed better overall, almost 6 yards more in terms of total distance while the clubhead speed was lower. I attribute that to hitting the ball closer to the center of the face more often with the TSi 2. It is hard to isolate if that was due to equipment or due to the TSi 2 playing length being 0.5 inches shorter.
Dispersion:
image.png.d7cc1e39de9594e76907ed15849dedb8.png
You can see less of the big misses with the TSi 2 vs. the SIM Max
Miscellaneous (9/10):
I am going to deduct one point for one very minor grievance that I have. To me, the headcover is a little too tight fitting, can be hard to put on at times.

Play it or Trade It (18/20):
 I will for sure be playing it. I have much more confidence with it than with my SIM Max. In 2021, I will likely go for a full OEM-agnostic fitting to try a wider range of drivers and shafts to see if there is anything that fits me better. For now, it is the GAMER.

Conclusion:
The TSi 2 is a great driver overall, very forgiving, doesn’t appear to be overly fade or draw biased, and I think it will fit a lot of people. Of course, if you want to maximize your performance without unnecessary experimentation, you should get a high-quality fitting to see what you fit best into. I would recommend for sure that the TSi 2 should be one of the clubs that you test though.

Final Score: 92/100

Great job!!
I wanted to read about your Fitting but I kept getting kicked out. I’ll try on my Laptop later

Rick

Left Hand, 

7 hours ago, Rickp said:

Actually no, he wasn’t that bad....better than meemoji33.png. He looked like a youngster maybe 70.emoji16.png

You know I'm always just being a smart ass and trying to get the forum at large ENERGIZED.

Find & Share on GIPHY

Got my last round in yesterday: it was 44 degrees when I teed off and 34 by the time I was done. Here are some of the better swings from the day.

IMG_2456.thumb.JPG.14590f5ad4d03a72ac865b902536f23c.JPG
IMG_2457.thumb.JPG.1fffa39e3529c20349019b2a2ff362fc.JPG
IMG_2458.thumb.JPG.dc2f3682ad203edb3ce5858808d417ef.JPG
IMG_2459.thumb.JPG.667c778fcee480401afa6c6593305922.JPG

BTW TRAILER #2 drops on Wednesday

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

Have Tee Times Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday, as long as rain holds off I can wrap this up.
The Range Session Saturday w shaft set correctly was invaluable.

Rick

Left Hand, 

On 12/12/2020 at 7:46 PM, Kenny B said:

If he's a lefty, why is he hitting the ball towards the camera??

I’m waiting for the rationale of having a range that is 90% water😮

Aiming for the target in the middle of a pond, can’t be good mental prep for the round 😜

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

3 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I’m waiting for the rationale of having a range that is 90% water😮

Aiming for the target in the middle of a pond, can’t be good mental prep for the round 😜

That’s like a certain driving range around us that has a green in the middle of a “pond” 

Have had a couple iron fittings there and a couple lessons a few years back and it messes with the head

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

27 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

That’s like a certain driving range around us that has a green in the middle of a “pond” 

Have had a couple iron fittings there and a couple lessons a few years back and it messes with the head

Yep, I have been to that range, I believe the green is about 150 or so out, and the fact they use limited flight balls, puts a whole lot of different thoughts in your head.  I mostly used the shortgame area they had, could actually hit wedges out to like 70 yards to a real green.  

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

2 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Yep, I have been to that range, I believe the green is about 150 or so out, and the fact they use limited flight balls, puts a whole lot of different thoughts in your head.  I mostly used the shortgame area they had, could actually hit wedges out to like 70 yards to a real green.  

Yeah that’s about the distance especially for anything from grass areas outside the teaching bays and about to where the pro shop is.

the short game area is one of the best non private ones in the area imo

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

On 10/21/2020 at 11:04 AM, dlow206 said:

At my skill level, I could slice a square driver off the planet.

This made me laugh out loud while reading through your thoughts, because I know how you feel.. I've been there before! 

Great job on the write-up! I was actually looking at trying out the SIM a few months back. I agree with this line fitting a lot of people, especially with all of the SureFit adjustments. Nice work!

I’m waiting for the rationale of having a range that is 90% water
Aiming for the target in the middle of a pond, can’t be good mental prep for the round

At 1st I wasn’t crazy about hitting into water on purpose but I’m used to it now.
The range I like much better (no water) is another 15-20 min by cart and catches a lot more people and it’s smaller.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Another Lefty spotted at Range this morning

Image1607785366.138397.thumb.jpg.f1dd84e8be8bbf9ffe665957128266af.jpg

The picture is quite deceiving, the yellow floats are 180 ish and the white 220.

Rick

Left Hand, 

2 hours ago, TSauer said:

This made me laugh out loud while reading through your thoughts, because I know how you feel.. I've been there before! 

Great job on the write-up! I was actually looking at trying out the SIM a few months back. I agree with this line fitting a lot of people, especially with all of the SureFit adjustments. Nice work!

I'm glad that i could add some humor to your day.

Really enjoyed your write-up as well, great photography

Updated 07/15/2022

14 minutes ago, Rickp said:

The picture is quite deceiving, the yellow floats are 180 ish and the white 220.

Yeah that is deceiving. I was gonna ask what is stopping people from reaching the green on the other side, it looks really close... but now I know I'd never be able to reach it 🤣