2020 Official Member Review: Titleist TSi Drivers

Our Sponsors

On 1/31/2021 at 7:30 PM, NJN said:

Well, it happened.

Just blew some gift certificate money from Christmas to get a TSI3 to replace the old EFSZ.

Hard to compare the two since I have been playing an oversized or jumbomax grip on the EFSZ, and the TSI3 had a standard grip and shaft that wasn’t my Ventus black velocore.

That said, while distance was better with my gamer, dispersion was much better with the TSI3 (there were lots of mishits on both clubs lol) and that was despite the fact that every swing felt uncomfortable given the grip (which tbf has been the case when testing any standard size grip club for me since I switched to midsize with extra wraps or jumbomax)

getting everything swapped out and looking forward to hitting it once my regular shaft and grip are in. I know this is a poor way to self-fit, but there was something about it, it looked so mean, I just know it’s gonna rip on the course 

I couldn't beat EFSZ ball speeds with the TSi3 either, but similar to you, my dispersion was much better with the TSi.

I'm not doing anything to my driver/3w setup any time soon, but I do wonder if the new Epic line would maintain a ball speed advantage over TSi while upping the stability/forgiveness factor...

• Like 1

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi 3 10* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X 

Fairway: :titelist-small: TSi 2 15* w/ Graphite Design AD IX 7X

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSi2* 17* w/ Atmos Blue 85x  

Utility: :ping-small: i500 3i (19*) w/ MMT 125tx

Irons: :cobra-small: King Forged CB w/ KBS $ Taper 130

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 54 S, 58 M w/ Modus 125

Putter:  :cameron-small:  California Hollywood 34" Circle H

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Titleist TSi3 – Official MGS Forum Review by TSauer Intro Good afternoon, hope y’all are staying safe and having a great holiday season! Let me kick this off by introducing myself, I a

@Golfspy_CG2 and the fine folks at Titleist have set me up to get fitted here tomorrow...I am officially the luckiest SOB on this site! MUCH more to come very soon...

Review and results of my fitting on 10/22/2020 Showed up to my Titleist Thursday fitting at the Golf Club at Newcastle about 20 minutes early. Skipped warm-up with irons, so went straight to warm

Posted Images

I couldn't beat EFSZ ball speeds with the TSi3 either, but similar to you, my dispersion was much better with the TSi.
I'm not doing anything to my driver/3w setup any time soon, but I do wonder if the new Epic line would maintain a ball speed advantage over TSi while upping the stability/forgiveness factor...

Dangerous road my friend! Many a $ spent answering that kind of question! but it does make you wonder.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester and Proud Owner

3-wood:  :adams-small:  Tight Lies 2 (15*) 

5-Wood:  :adams-small: Tight Lies 2 (19*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

12 hours ago, HeathS16 said:

Dangerous road my friend! Many a $ spent answering that kind of question! emoji3.png but it does make you wonder.

Dangerous is right. For me I just need to not even test out anything; it's like inception; just plants ideas in my head...slippery slope!

• Like 2

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi 3 10* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X 

Fairway: :titelist-small: TSi 2 15* w/ Graphite Design AD IX 7X

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSi2* 17* w/ Atmos Blue 85x  

Utility: :ping-small: i500 3i (19*) w/ MMT 125tx

Irons: :cobra-small: King Forged CB w/ KBS $ Taper 130

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 54 S, 58 M w/ Modus 125

Putter:  :cameron-small:  California Hollywood 34" Circle H

Dangerous is right. For me I just need to not even test out anything; it's like inception; just plants ideas in my head...slippery slope!

It’s a gateway daydream.

• Haha 3

On 1/28/2021 at 9:30 PM, TMAG-FIREMEDIC said:

Just an update......tried SIM, SIM2 and MAX also G425 max......none will unseat tsi2....

Last up is epic max 

The tsi2 is pretty much on cruise control.....fun!

Welp.....I've tried on 2 occasions now the epic lineup:  speed is too light, MAX is too round looking 

But the MAX LS......lower spin, higher ballspeed and same tight dispersion as tsi2....8-10yds longer on monitor. 

Next step is to get on course 

• Like 4
  • Hmmm 1

I (regretfully but happily) got to swing the TSI3 today.....didn’t want to buy a driver but I might need to.....numbers were amazing. Have a free fitting at pga superstore so going to go swing a bunch of low spin drivers at some point and see but they all have a mountain to climb....

• Like 7

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

WITB:

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green  

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 48 SM8 - Nippon Modus 125 S

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125 S

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

On The Bench:

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

I (regretfully but happily) got to swing the TSI3 today.....didn’t want to buy a driver but I might need to.....numbers were amazing. Have a free fitting at pga superstore so going to go swing a bunch of low spin drivers at some point and see but they all have a mountain to climb....

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lacassem said:

Regretfully I witnessed this.  I’d compare the sound of the TSi3 to the thunderous explosion of Thor’s hammer.  It was easily the nicest sounding out of the ones we hit.  Well, at least when you hit it. 

Great work by Titleist on this one.  I’d like to try it again when I’m not swinging like there’s lots of snow outside.  

Maybe I’ll have to plan a visit to a Titleist Thursday this spring.

• Like 6

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :Snell: MTB-X | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

#cuetheduckboats

2 hours ago, Lacassem said:

Srixon. I’m telling you... Give them a try!!!

• Like 4

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy: 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4/5, Tour V 6-10, Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

7 minutes ago, PMookie said:

Srixon. I’m telling you... Give them a try!!!

I tried srixon yesterday and while I did enjoy it the TSI was a big winner. I never went above 3k spin either......carry all around 280, total 300 almost every time......I have a hard time getting under 3500 usually for spin

• Like 5

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

WITB:

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green  

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 48 SM8 - Nippon Modus 125 S

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125 S

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

On The Bench:

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

1 minute ago, Lacassem said:

I tried srixon yesterday and while I did enjoy it the TSI was a big winner. I never went above 3k spin either......carry all around 280, total 300 almost every time......I have a hard time getting under 3500 usually for spin

Yeah, that TSi3 was really low spin for me. So good to find something that fits you! Cool!

• Like 3

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy: 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4/5, Tour V 6-10, Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Regretfully I witnessed this.  I’d compare the sound of the TSi3 to the thunderous explosion of Thor’s hammer.  It was easily the nicest sounding out of the ones we hit.  Well, at least when you hit it. 
Great work by Titleist on this one.  I’d like to try it again when I’m not swinging like there’s lots of snow outside.  

This test was the first time I’ve been to a Titleist Thursday. Great experience, I think all of the testers would agree!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

46 minutes ago, HeathS16 said:

This test was the first time I’ve been to a Titleist Thursday. Great experience, I think all of the testers would agree!

I bet! I almost went down and did one last spring before the lockdown. I feel like it would be a shame to not go do it considering how close I live to HQ. Can’t be more than a 30-40 minute ride. 

• Like 4

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

#cuetheduckboats

On 2/3/2021 at 1:53 PM, hartrick11 said:

I do wonder if the new Epic line would maintain a ball speed advantage over TSi while upping the stability/forgiveness factor...

Cally's claim to fame seems to be rooted in ball speed.  And there is CERTAINLY a market for that! 

Now whether they can get the stability and forgiveness to go along with it is another question...

• Like 4

I'm decidedly brand agnostic -- In my Datrek - DG Lite II cart bag attached via Top-Lok to my image.png.77fe07cbfea697deca64bd4a4263a151.png - Quad XL:

:ping-small: - G400 Max 10.5 - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 5 R

:titelist-small: - TS2 4W - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6 RS TS2 7W - Alta CB 65 R

:cobra-small:- Baffler 23* - Aldila NV-HL 65 R

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg - Original Series 0211 - 5-PW - MMT 80 S

:cleveland-small: - CBX2 50 / 54 / 58 - Rotex

image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png - Directed Force 2.1 (Nickel) - KBS Tour - Press No. II 3*

:Snell:- MTB  Black

Tracked by Shot Scope V2

Fall River?

• Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

TSI2 is my driver and not going anywhere for a while.
The G410+ has been increased to face angle 13+ and not my mini driver kinda 3 wood. It’s really working out very well. The TSi2 is long, straight, lower trajectory and sounds great. The G410 has better height, more dispersion but manageable and noise, kinda clanky but acceptable.
Works for me.

• Like 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Fall River?

I’m not totally sure exactly where they do it since they have a few facilities but somewhere over there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

#cuetheduckboats

I bet! I almost went down and did one last spring before the lockdown. I feel like it would be a shame to not go do it considering how close I live to HQ. Can’t be more than a 30-40 minute ride. 

I highly suggest it. Very neat offering by Titleist!

• Like 4

Doing a Titleist Thursday on ... Sunday 2/21

• Like 7

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max 10.5 Fujikura Motore X F3 5S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue 75S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Modus 3 115 Wedge

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1, 34.5", BGT Stability Tour, 71* lie angle, Press II 3* Grip

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

On 2/3/2021 at 2:53 PM, hartrick11 said:

Just hit it today (with my usual shaft, ventus black 6X and grip, oversized specs) on course in some obscenely windy weather...

I’m finding no discernible differences in distance on the course (can’t speak to ball speed, but judging by the distances prob similar enough) between the EFSZ and tsi3, and that’s with the tsi loft at 9 (which is between .5-1.5 lower than I normally play, and giving me a somewhat lower than ideal ball flight). 

I think I’ll be able to get the TSi3 going significantly further (for me) once I play with the loft and some lead tape. It wasn’t the distance which impressed me though, it was the actual size of the sweet spot - definitely felt like a larger area on the face had the ball going max distance. 

I would guess that something in the epic speed line would probably have the same distance and similar forgiveness for me, you, and many others. That said, this club looks and sounds so good, and being from Latrobe, I have to love the Pittsburgh-made ATI face. As such, the only thing that might kick this out would be the TSi4, and I’m not good enough or patient enough to wait for that.

• Like 4