• Like 9

:titelist-small: TSi1 Aldila Ascent 40G shaft

:titelist-small: TSi2 18 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 and 23 degree hybrids Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T300 5-P Tensei  R flex shaft 1/4 long 

:titelist-small: SM8 48F/54/58 D Grinds 

:ping-small: Tyne 4 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

The TSi1 is waiting to make it's appearance in this thread at a date TBD [emoji846]

Hey that’s exciting!!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

3-wood:  :adams-small:  Tight Lies (15*) 

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

I have a question that is befuddling me as of lately. At the time of the fitting we have no idea who would win the 2021 Most wanted Driver, The TSi2 can is second, but it seems that the TSi3 was the more popular driver during the official review and of many people who are being fitted as of lately. While the TSi2 won the testing, it doesn't seem that its been that appealing to purchases and fittings on the forum or social media? Or is it because it is easier to fit someone in the TSi3 because of the adjustability with weighting?

• Like 1

:ping-small: G425 LST 10.5 Aldilla Rogue White 70s

:titelist-small: TS3 15.5 3W Fuji Speeder Tour Spec

:titelist-small: 818 H1 19deg Hybrid Fuji Atmos White

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 50,54, and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:taylormade-small:Spider Tour Putter

Vice Pro Plus White or Titleist ProV1x

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

:CaddyTek: V8 3 Wheel Push Cart

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

42 minutes ago, RollingGreens said:

I have a question that is befuddling me as of lately. At the time of the fitting we have no idea who would win the 2021 Most wanted Driver, The TSi2 can is second, but it seems that the TSi3 was the more popular driver during the official review and of many people who are being fitted as of lately. While the TSi2 won the testing, it doesn't seem that its been that appealing to purchases and fittings on the forum or social media? Or is it because it is easier to fit someone in the TSi3 because of the adjustability with weighting?

IMO has to do what works for the individual. The tsi2 has plenty of use on the PGA tour so it’s not a second thought type driver. In general the TSI3 is going to reduce some spin compared to the 2 so those who thru swing faults or other reasons generate a lot of spin will benefit from the design to the 3.

I have a buddy that did a fitting last year. His ball speeds are in the upper 160s and increasing thru overspeed training and improved fitness. In his fitting the numbers including spin and launch were pretty identical between the 2 and 3. He went with the two for the added forgiveness.

• Like 4

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I also was fitted for the Titleist TSI driver. The numbers for my swing speed were much better with the TSI2 than the TSI3.

• Like 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Time to update my official review.  

I now have 20 rounds played with the TSi2 since the start of the new year.  When I wrote my review, I had played many rounds hitting both drivers, but only a few playing with just the TSi2.  I took the Callaway out of the bag for good and have played only with the TSI2 in 2021.

The more I play with this driver, the more I like it.  And I liked it a lot when I posted my review.  (I gave it 88 out of 100 possible points).

Here are some things I’ve noticed about my play this year with the TSi2.

1.      In my review I mentioned that my best drives were the same.  Drivers were maxed out.  That still holds, but I find I have a lot more really good drives.  When testing, I think going back and forth between drivers kept me from really dialing in one club.  Now that I am dialed in, I am hitting long, center part of the fairway shots more often.  

2.     Off center hits continue to impress.  I’ll hit a shot and think “that’s in the trees left,” and the ball will end up in the short rough instead.  And on shots high or low on the face, the ball will go 20 yards more than I expect.  This has changed my strategy on a couple of holes.  I am taking more aggressive lines.  On two holes, I now hit driver where last year I would lay up short of trouble.  I just go left of it, or past it now.  But, on one hole, I’ve switched from hitting driver to 3 wood to keep from going through the fairway.  

3.     A sleeve of balls last longer.  My course has water on several holes and most fairways are lined with thick Florida scrub—good for ball sales, not so good for low scores.  I played the last three rounds with the same ball, retiring it because use instead of dunking it in a pond.  In the review I mentioned that range balls leave a residue on the club.  ProV1s leave a mark, but the balls hold up over multiple rounds.  

4.      I was a bit concerned about how the glossy finish would hold up.  So far, so good.  It’s only 20 rounds, and several range sessions, but no unusual wear and tear. 

I note that the TSi2 got second in the Most Wanted Driver test.  If you are looking for a solid, forgiving driver, go test it.  Titleist Thursdays are a great, low stress way to try clubs and get a free fitting.   

• Like 8

IMO has to do what works for the individual. The tsi2 has plenty of use on the PGA tour so it’s not a second thought type driver. In general the TSI3 is going to reduce some spin compared to the 2 so those who thru swing faults or other reasons generate a lot of spin will benefit from the design to the 3.
I have a buddy that did a fitting last year. His ball speeds are in the upper 160s and increasing thru overspeed training and improved fitness. In his fitting the numbers including spin and launch were pretty identical between the 2 and 3. He went with the two for the added forgiveness.

I gotta agree here. Just really depends on the individual and what they need it for. I need spin reduction and for my region I need a lower ball flight, thus the TSi3 was the best fit for me. I would imagine my numbers would be similar with the 2.

The forgiveness would probably help me a ton, but through the fitting process the 3 was evidently the better option as we didn’t even touch the 2.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, alfriday101 said:

Time to update my official review.  

I now have 20 rounds played with the TSi2 since the start of the new year.  When I wrote my review, I had played many rounds hitting both drivers, but only a few playing with just the TSi2.  I took the Callaway out of the bag for good and have played only with the TSI2 in 2021.

The more I play with this driver, the more I like it.  And I liked it a lot when I posted my review.  (I gave it 88 out of 100 possible points).

Here are some things I’ve noticed about my play this year with the TSi2.

1.      In my review I mentioned that my best drives were the same.  Drivers were maxed out.  That still holds, but I find I have a lot more really good drives.  When testing, I think going back and forth between drivers kept me from really dialing in one club.  Now that I am dialed in, I am hitting long, center part of the fairway shots more often.  

2.     Off center hits continue to impress.  I’ll hit a shot and think “that’s in the trees left,” and the ball will end up in the short rough instead.  And on shots high or low on the face, the ball will go 20 yards more than I expect.  This has changed my strategy on a couple of holes.  I am taking more aggressive lines.  On two holes, I now hit driver where last year I would lay up short of trouble.  I just go left of it, or past it now.  But, on one hole, I’ve switched from hitting driver to 3 wood to keep from going through the fairway.  

3.     A sleeve of balls last longer.  My course has water on several holes and most fairways are lined with thick Florida scrub—good for ball sales, not so good for low scores.  I played the last three rounds with the same ball, retiring it because use instead of dunking it in a pond.  In the review I mentioned that range balls leave a residue on the club.  ProV1s leave a mark, but the balls hold up over multiple rounds.  

4.      I was a bit concerned about how the glossy finish would hold up.  So far, so good.  It’s only 20 rounds, and several range sessions, but no unusual wear and tear. 

I note that the TSi2 got second in the Most Wanted Driver test.  If you are looking for a solid, forgiving driver, go test it.  Titleist Thursdays are a great, low stress way to try clubs and get a free fitting.   

I plan to test both once the weather breaks in the northeast, I'll probably take a demo for a week each to test out. I think it's a good problem to have that both drivers are doing that well performance wise

• Like 3

I'm still loving my TSI2. I put the ATTAS COOOL shaft in it the other day just for testing. And it might be staying in it for a while because I only missed 2 fairways 13/15. No fades either ... either straight or slight draw. And that's a new one for me. I loved it :)
Edit ... at least until I find a Fuji Velocore

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     TSi2 9* Project X HZRDUS RDX Smoke C3 setting

Fairways   HZRDUS Smoke 13.5* & 19* C3 setting

Driving Iron:   U500 17* Fujikura Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   T300 4 & 5 iron, T200 6 - W Project X 6.0 1* up

Wedges   SM7 48*, 52*, 56*

Putter    Newport 2

Ball   2020 ProV1

IMG_2614.JPG

Played my first actual round in awhile today despite a stiff 20 mph wind. The TSi3 was the only good thing from today! Still loving it and still bombing it [emoji378]!

• Like 4
  • Love 2

On 3/6/2021 at 4:41 AM, RickyBobby_PR said:

This is exactly my experience as well. They were very close for me, the 3 set a little flat and with the weight sightly in the toe just took out the left side for me. I hate seeing the ball go left. It also brought my spin down just a little, like 200 RPM. 

Gonna go hit it with the stock Tensei Blue 65 next week and then place my order!

• Like 4

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi3 10* Ventus Red

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Modus 3 115 Wedge

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 w/ BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1x

38 minutes ago, yungkory said:

This is exactly my experience as well. They were very close for me, the 3 set a little flat and with the weight sightly in the toe just took out the left side for me. I hate seeing the ball go left. It also brought my spin down just a little, like 200 RPM. 

Gonna go hit it with the stock Tensei Blue 65 next week and then place my order!

Let me know how the shaft performs, I'm interested in the stock blue as well

Started having a weird issue with my TSI 2. Once in a while on the range, I will hit a shot and the sound produced is an ear piercing sound, super loud. Anyone else experience that? The ball actually flies decently when I hit it like this, so its not like i am hitting it off of somewhere super weird on the club.

• Like 3

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 4/27/2021
Driver:titelist-small: TSi 2 - Graphite Design AD-XC 6S
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:srixon-small: ZX5 5 - PW - Accra 95 icwt S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Two Ball Ten S Tour Lines - 31"

2 hours ago, RollingGreens said:

Let me know how the shaft performs, I'm interested in the stock blue as well

The 55 was pretty good honestly, fitter just wanted to see what the 65 did, but she didn't have it at the time. I bought a Ventus red 5s to test also

• Like 2

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi3 10* Ventus Red

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Modus 3 115 Wedge

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 w/ BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1x

4 hours ago, dlow206 said:

Started having a weird issue with my TSI 2. Once in a while on the range, I will hit a shot and the sound produced is an ear piercing sound, super loud. Anyone else experience that? The ball actually flies decently when I hit it like this, so its not like i am hitting it off of somewhere super weird on the club.

If it only happens on the range, it’s most likely a bad range ball that may be harder than the others. 

• Like 7

:titelist-small: TSi1 Aldila Ascent 40G shaft

:titelist-small: TSi2 18 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 and 23 degree hybrids Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T300 5-P Tensei  R flex shaft 1/4 long 

:titelist-small: SM8 48F/54/58 D Grinds 

:ping-small: Tyne 4 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

1 hour ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

If it only happens on the range, it’s most likely a bad range ball that may be harder than the others. 

Thanks, there must be some real rocks in there. Sounds louder than the aluminum bat sound of a square driver

• Like 3

Updated 4/27/2021

Finally went out and hit the new TSi2 yesterday. I was first one on the range and by the time I finished there were about a dozen others there.

I was really really happy with it. Hitting it about 230 into a stiff headwind, most shots were straight with some being a bit of a fade, but no bananas.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Fairway: :Sub70: 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939X 3 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

• 2 weeks later...

Driver was hot today. The TSI 2 performed nicely. Was hitting fairways, was hitting a good distance given the conditions. Only hit two bad tee shots, both user error. One I teed the ball much higher than I normally do and one I swung harder than i normally do and topped it lol. 

• Like 8

Updated 4/27/2021

The trend continues...I’m only gaining strokes with my driver. Other facets of my game are HIDEOUS! But hey! I never really gained strokes with my driving before! Go TSi3!
IMG_2663.JPG

• Like 6

In case there’s any doubt how the TSi test turned out for this tester six months later...

21748FF8-79D8-45E2-B4C9-34CC3CA80696.jpeg

• Like 8

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi 3 10* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X 

Fairway: :titelist-small: TSi 2 15* w/ Graphite Design AD IX 7X

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSi2* 17* w/ Atmos Blue 85x  

Utility: :ping-small: i500 3i (19*) w/ MMT 125tx

Irons: :cobra-small: Forged Tec Black 4i, King Forged CB 5-GW w/ KBS $ Taper 130

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 54 S, 58 M w/ Modus 125

Putter:  :cameron-small:  California Hollywood 34" Circle H