2020 Official Member Review: Titleist TSi Drivers

Our Sponsors

You do know, of course, that clubs have personalities.  Your SIM Max knows you are getting a TSi2 and it's jealous.  It's punishing you.  Better get used to it.  🤣

This is a true fact! All clubs are afraid of the dark corner of the garage

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@Golfspy_CG2 and the fine folks at Titleist have set me up to get fitted here tomorrow...I am officially the luckiest SOB on this site! MUCH more to come very soon...

Review and results of my fitting on 10/22/2020 Showed up to my Titleist Thursday fitting at the Golf Club at Newcastle about 20 minutes early. Skipped warm-up with irons, so went straight to warm

I am not going to lie people, this post has taken me a long time to write and post.  This is not a bad thing, I simply could not find the words to describe what happened this afternoon at 3 pm central

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Rickp said:

This is a true fact! All clubs are afraid of the dark corner of the garageemoji33.png

I have a closet I have named "purgatory" for all of my...discontents. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero (8.5* HZRDUS Smoke Shaft)

3-wood:  :adams-small:  Tight Lies 2 (15*) 

5-Wood:  :adams-small: Tight Lies 2 (19*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 5-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR or a :srixon-small: Z-Star

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

I really hope this is the year Adam Scott decides he wants to put a TSi5 or even TSi6 in the bag, and then they release the smaller beasts to public... oh, that was a good dream.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2
On 10/21/2020 at 3:37 PM, dlow206 said:

Throwing out something here for fun. Anyone want to guess what shaft that I am fitted into tomorrow during the fitting (shaft, flex, weight), based on the info I provided about my game? I will give away a small prize for who ever guesses the right (or closest) shaft.

You can assume the shafts will be from this list: https://www.titleist.com/golf-clubs/golf-drivers/tsi2

Awesome idea!  Thanks for adding a great touch to the test.  I'm going to go with Kuro Kage Black 55 S.

*edit* And I am way late to the party and still wrong 🤣

• Like 1

2020 MGS Hard Rock Challenge

SkyCaddie SX400
OGIO Silencer:  Followed by Arccos
:ping-small: G410+, Tensei Orange
:nike-small: Vapor Fly 3, Diamana Blue, Covert 2.0 3H, Kuro Kage Black
:wilson-small:
Wilson D7 Irons 4-GW,  Dynamic Gold AMT
:ping-small: Glide  52, 56 ES
:EVNROLL: ER2
:titelist-small: -ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

42 minutes ago, DPattGolf said:

Really looking forward to hearing what everyone’s feedback on the TSi line.

With that said I was very fortunate to get an opportunity 2 weeks ago to get fit for a driver and 3 wood, both of which just showed up in the mail today!

While I'm not an official tester I definitely excited to contribute in an unofficial manner 

Did you get yours early because you work in the golf industry?

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 10/6/2020
Driver:taylormade-small:SIM Max 10.5 - Fujikura Ventus Red 5S Velocore (the real one)
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:callaway-small:Mavrik Max 5 - AW - Nippon Neo 950GH S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge flex
Putter:  LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1

Current Putter Collection: LAB Golf DIrected Force 1, :cleveland-small: HB Soft Premier #11, :cameron-small: La Costa 1st 500, :scotty-small: Squareback 1 (2008)

15 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Yes. I would imagine that would be why I have gotten it before you guys.

• Like 1

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 (7.25*) - Tensei AV Raw White 65 X Tipped 1.5" & 0.5" Short, 2 extra grams in T1 Position

3 Wood: :titelist-small: TSi3 (13.5) - Tensei AV Raw White 70 X Tipped 1" & 0.5" Short, 2 extra grams in T Position

Driving Iron: :titelist-small: U500 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke (X)

Irons (4-6) :titelist-small: T100S - KBS C-Taper X-Stiff

Irons (7-P) :titelist-small: 620 MB - KBS C-Taper X Stiff

Wedges: QAJzq7h.jpg SM7 Jet Black 50.F.12 / 55.S.11 / 60.M.08 - X100

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpgBlack ER2 (Finish Courtesy of NorCal Putters) - :P2-grips-logo: Aware Tour

Bag:  :titelist-small: Hybrid 14

Glove:  Under Armour Strikeskin Tour

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1 Yellow #3

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro

Instagram: @dpattgolf

3 hours ago, dlow206 said:

I could have gotten mine early as well, but I wouldn't do that to you guys 🙂  We're a team right!!

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

:titelist-small: TS1 Fubuki 45g R Flex

:ping-small:  G410 FW 5, 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:scotty-small:  Phantom 5.5   35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

1 minute ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I could have gotten mine early as well, but I wouldn't do that to you guys 🙂  We're a team right!!

I can't wait. If I can hit any sort of functional tee shot along with my current iron game, i can break 90 soon.

• Like 6

Updated 10/6/2020
Driver:taylormade-small:SIM Max 10.5 - Fujikura Ventus Red 5S Velocore (the real one)
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge flex

Current Putter Collection: LAB Golf DIrected Force 1, :cleveland-small: HB Soft Premier #11, :cameron-small: La Costa 1st 500, :scotty-small: Squareback 1 (2008)

I could have gotten mine early as well, but I wouldn't do that to you guys   We're a team right!!

Sure......

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

10 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Someone has to bat leadoff.  Send the stick! 😁

• Like 3

2020 MGS Hard Rock Challenge

SkyCaddie SX400
OGIO Silencer:  Followed by Arccos
:ping-small: G410+, Tensei Orange
:nike-small: Vapor Fly 3, Diamana Blue, Covert 2.0 3H, Kuro Kage Black
:wilson-small:
Wilson D7 Irons 4-GW,  Dynamic Gold AMT
:ping-small: Glide  52, 56 ES
:EVNROLL: ER2
:titelist-small: -ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

I could have gotten mine early as well, but I wouldn't do that to you guys   We're a team right!!

Massive respect for this!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero (8.5* HZRDUS Smoke Shaft)

3-wood:  :adams-small:  Tight Lies 2 (15*) 

5-Wood:  :adams-small: Tight Lies 2 (19*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 5-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR or a :srixon-small: Z-Star

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

1 hour ago, HeathS16 said:

Massive respect for this!

Actually if anyone could have it was @hartrick11he was right there in the willy wonka chocolate factory 😎😎

• Like 8

Actually if anyone could have it was [mention=81575]hartrick11[/mention]he was right there in the willy wonka chocolate factory

That’s got to be an experience

• Like 3

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

I’m still only 15 minutes away. Happy to head back to pick it up directly if it’s built...🤣

• Like 6

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash SZ 9* w/ Ventus Blue 6X 

Fairway:   :callaway-small: Epic Flash SZ 15* w/ Atmos Black 7X 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 818H2 19* w/ Tensei White 90  

Irons: :cobra-small: King Forged CB w/ KBS $ Taper 130

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 54 S, 58 M w/ Modus 125

Putter:  :cameron-small:  California Hollywood 34" Circle H

So just a fitting update, in case there are any eagle eyes out there that track these sort of things and mention it later 🙂 

As we golfers are often prone to do, I started wondering about a couple of the results in my fitting and some things I began to doubt.   Rainy Sundays are never good for letting the mind wonder.

So first thing Monday, I was able to get in touch with one of the guys at 2nd swing, which in my mind offers fittings every bit as good if not better than Club Champion. In any case, I went in to see him and didn't say anything about my previous results, just that I wanted to go through a TSi 2/3 fitting.

So we went through the whole process, I'll spare everyone the boredom of seeing another home movie.  

But the two biggest differences that came out of this fitting, I hit more shafts, not just the featured shafts, but two of the premium shafts as well.  

The good news, is the shaft result was the same as the Titleist Thursday fitting. So I had that bug answered.  I had began to wonder if one of the other shafts would have reduced my spin even more than the KK Black.   They really didn't.  And the lightweight of the KK kept my swing speed up a bit.  

The big differences was we talked about length and club head loft.  After seeing my baseline swings with the TS1, he  immediately went to a 9 degree head versus the 10 degree from the previous fitting. We stayed there and never wandered, it can always be lofted up as we know if I ever feel I need to. 

Then noticing my misses were slightly heel side no matter which shaft we tried, we went shorter in the shaft to 45" from the stock 45.5".   My impact was more centered with those, and actually my swing path which is always a bit out to in, was reduced to 2* out/in from around 5*, meaning I got some more ball speed, about 2 mph more.  My smash factor--which we all now know should be taken with a grain of salt--went from the 143 to the 146 and even a couple 149/150's.  

So I came away from this one feeling, no doubt in my setup.   Fortunately with the time difference between here and CA, I was able to get it into Titleist in time to make the change. 

• Like 9

So just a fitting update, in case there are any eagle eyes out there that track these sort of things and mention it later  
As we golfers are often prone to do, I started wondering about a couple of the results in my fitting and some things I began to doubt.   Rainy Sundays are never good for letting the mind wonder.
So first thing Monday, I was able to get in touch with one of the guys at 2nd swing, which in my mind offers fittings every bit as good if not better than Club Champion. In any case, I went in to see him and didn't say anything about my previous results, just that I wanted to go through a TSi 2/3 fitting.
So we went through the whole process, I'll spare everyone the boredom of seeing another home movie.  
But the two biggest differences that came out of this fitting, I hit more shafts, not just the featured shafts, but two of the premium shafts as well.  
The good news, is the shaft result was the same as the Titleist Thursday fitting. So I had that bug answered.  I had began to wonder if one of the other shafts would have reduced my spin even more than the KK Black.   They really didn't.  And the lightweight of the KK kept my swing speed up a bit.  
The big differences was we talked about length and club head loft.  After seeing my baseline swings with the TS1, he  immediately went to a 9 degree head versus the 10 degree from the previous fitting. We stayed there and never wandered, it can always be lofted up as we know if I ever feel I need to. 
Then noticing my misses were slightly heel side no matter which shaft we tried, we went shorter in the shaft to 45" from the stock 45.5".   My impact was more centered with those, and actually my swing path which is always a bit out to in, was reduced to 2* out/in from around 5*, meaning I got some more ball speed, about 2 mph more.  My smash factor--which we all now know should be taken with a grain of salt--went from the 143 to the 146 and even a couple 149/150's.  
So I came away from this one feeling, no doubt in my setup.   Fortunately with the time difference between here and CA, I was able to get it into Titleist in time to make the change. 

This just makes me laugh. We are all full of doubt and have to put our faith in the fitter. No fitting is perfect and if you didn’t another fitting today with another fitter you may get additional differences. Trust the process and just swing as fast as you can.
  • Like 3

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

So just a fitting update, in case there are any eagle eyes out there that track these sort of things and mention it later  

Oh boy, as if I didn’t have enough doubt
That’s great you were able tweak it in time. I think we ALL go through those thoughts afterwards. Golfers are skittish anyway.....

• Like 3

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

1 hour ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Fortunately with the time difference between here and CA, I was able to get it into Titleist in time to make the change.

Was our takeaway from this supposed to be that our drivers are going into production today? 😁

• Like 3

Updated 10/6/2020

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

This just makes me laugh. We are all full of doubt and have to put our faith in the fitter. No fitting is perfect and if you didn’t another fitting today with another fitter you may get additional differences. Trust the process and just swing as fast as you can.

You can always count on me to brighten your day, or feel more sane about yourself.  You are correct in that we are always full of doubt.  The biggest thing eating at me was could it have been a bit more if we tried this.    But the important thing is I got confirmation on the shaft, so that's good, but that a couple other things that weren't tried on Thursday led to a bit better results. 

35 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Oh boy, as if I didn’t have enough doubtemoji33.png
That’s great you were able tweak it in time. I think we ALL go through those thoughts afterwards. Golfers are skittish anyway.....emoji12.png

Yeah, we are full of doubts arent' we!

1 minute ago, dlow206 said:

Was our takeaway from this supposed to be that our drivers are going into production today? 😁

Ha... No that wasn't a secret message.  Only that I got it in before the orders were submitted, I don't know when they will actually go into production.  

• Like 4