Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

First Driver Fitting & First Driver For Me

Tarheelvolvo

On 10/21/2020 at 4:32 PM, Tarheelvolvo said:

Guys, I am so excited! Up till today, I have never purchased nor owned a driver that was setup for me. I mostly played hand-me-downs from my father, church members, friends, etc... and they all had regular or even senior flex shafts. I tend to slice the ball off the tee and the drivers that were given to me didn't help that issue much, so I would end up teeing off with a 3 wood or my 4i in most cases. I've still found enjoyment playing this way and its worked for years, until today...

Went to my local shop and discovered they have a trackman now, so setup a driver fitting for today. After trying Mavrik, Mavrik Sub Zero, Speedzone, Sim Max, and G410 SFT, we ended up on a Ping G410 LST @ 10.5* w/ Evenflow Black 65 6.0 shaft! Spin was hovering around 2000-2200, swing speed was 112-116mph, ball speed was 160-167mph, -2* AoA, and Carry was in the 280+range with estimated distance of 295-306yds with one bomb @ 312yds! My slice is all but gone, I'm more confident on the tee now, and I can't wait to get out and play again!

PXL_20201021_202345593.jpg.b708fa63f3d1a7e602700127c33c86bc.jpg PXL_20201021_202425581.jpg.6435e13014bbdbb00d9cbac9d48e4396.jpg

Shout out to all you members who continue to stress club fittings. It's already changed my game and I haven't even played a single hole with my new driver!

I reckon, like a lot of us, we never put much weight into fittings and went the same route you did.  For many years I purchased previously played clubs and didn't go the new route because, well I could get them much cheaper and tended to shift in and out of clubs with veracity.  

With the advent of a MyGolfSpy type company and much of the information that has become more readily available to us golf addicts, fittings are definitely the way to go!!  Congrats on the new boomer.  Frankly, Ping's G410 might be one of the best on the market.  (Sim just outpaced it for me in fitting)  I think the valuable lesson in all of this is that we can truly all play our best so long as we get fit, use equipment that more or less was designed for our game and invest the time to improve. 

Congrats!  Hope your game takes off moving forward. 

BNewt51

Golf Addict.... Father of 4.  Pennsylvania Golfer 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond - Ventus Red X :callaway-small:

3 Wood:  TS2 14* :titleist-small:

Hybrid:  Titleist TSI 2 18*  (Only used on Soft Rainy days)  image.png.94e8f04243fe8584238d70d382b90525.png

Utility Irons:  4 iron (Steel Fiber FC 110 - Stiff)  image.png.edaa152b6173d27a9529d0f1d7fcc172.png

Irons:  Titleist T-150 4-PW Steel Fiber CW 110 - Stiff  :titleist-small:

Wedges:  Vokey 48-8 Vokey 54-10 Vokey 58-6 all SM9's  :titleist-small:

Putter:  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5 Flowback (custom shop copper finish) or Bettinardi QB8  :titleist-small:  :bettinardi-small:

Ball:  Pro-V1x :titleist-small:

Titleist Tour Carry Bag Black and White  :titleist-small:

Bushnell Range Finder (Patriot Pack)  

*King of taking (borrowing) all my club ***** friends clubs after they've discarded them after a couple months!

5 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Enjoy it man! Those are some pretty ideal numbers so it will be nice to have peace of mind that none of the new stuff coming out in the next few months could top that by much.

This was in the back of my mind during the fitting - what will be debuted in the spring and am I missing out on anything?? However, I realized that we've hit the wall on massive improvements and we're in the incremental improvements stage - few more yards, little bit tighter dispersion, bit more forgiveness, etc... So anything I purchased would be good for a few years and I should learn how to hit my club the best I could instead of worrying about new tech!

In my :ping-small: Hoofer:

:ping-small: G410 LST 10.5* - Kai'Li White 60 X-flex

:nike-small: VRS Covert 3W 15* - Kuro Kage 65 S-flex

:titelist-small:  T200 4-GW, DG X100 Tour Issue - Tester

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth 54.12 SS & 58.10 SS

:ping-small:  Zing 2 LW - 60*

:ping-small:  Anser 2

Really happy for you and what a good looking driver! Thanks for sharing!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)