TESTERS WANTED! ×

Hoodies in Golf!

BrownBearGolf

Hoodies in Golf! When will golf shed the stereotype of its people being judgemental and antiquated? Miguel from Brown Bear Golf leads a discussion on  style, inclusion, and starting a business in the golf industry. Guests are DeBrandon, CEO/owner of Yooto'pea Golf as well as David, CEO/owner of Steeze Golf.   This is an amazing discussion about how a prosperous future of the game and industry is not necessarily an absolute given.  If the powers that be don't open their minds then the players that might be might not open their wallets. The industry needs to know that golfers of color and all socio-economic classes are a market to be not only considered but perhaps catered to.  Evolution happens.

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero 9degree. Hosel set to -1degree/Nuetral. Aftermarket 10gram front weight and 6.5 gram sliding weight set to fade. Mitsubishi  Tensei AV Blue Stiff 67 “Tipped” half inch

Diablo 5 Wood Nuetral Stock shaft

:taylormade-small: M3 3 Hybrid Mitsubishi Tensei Blue Weight set to fade

:mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-GW KBS C Taper Stiff 1/2 inch longer 

:callaway-small: Mac Daddy 4 54, 58

:odyssey-small: Works Tank Cruiser 7              40 Grams in head and counterbalanced 30 grams inside Super Stroke Fatso Grip

:srixon-small: Z-Star

I'm not against it, but I wouldn't wear one. I already have 671 swing thoughts and feeling a hood shifting position doesn't need to be 672. 

I support 7-11 dress code: no shirt, no shoes, no service. 

Titleist 975J

Callaway Hawkeye 3 Wood

Ben Hogan CFT Hybrid, Apex Plus Irons

Cleveland 588 Wedges

Scotty Newport 2 Mid Slant Pro Platinum

On 10/23/2020 at 2:52 PM, Crowev01 said:

I'm not against it, but I wouldn't wear one. I already have 671 swing thoughts and feeling a hood shifting position doesn't need to be 672. 

I support 7-11 dress code: no shirt, no shoes, no service. 

I agree with you.  I have a rain/wind jacket with a hood and luckily it has three different draw strings to tighten and mitigate its movement. The overwhelming majority of the discussion is focused on a more inclusive culture and industry overall for the benefit of the longevity and growth of the game.  Thanks for the engagement. 

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero 9degree. Hosel set to -1degree/Nuetral. Aftermarket 10gram front weight and 6.5 gram sliding weight set to fade. Mitsubishi  Tensei AV Blue Stiff 67 “Tipped” half inch

:odyssey-small: Works Tank Cruiser 7              40 Grams in head and counterbalanced 30 grams inside Super Stroke Fatso Grip

I personally would never wear one but Im not going to hate on someone who does.  For me personally, every sport has a uniform or an outfit that you wear or don't wear for that given activity.  Just as you wouldn't wear a polo shirt and khakis for basketball, you just don't wear hoodies for golf.

That's me though and Im pretty traditional when it comes to golf though.  I mean, Im the guy who used to show up to the course wear a flat cap and knickers. LOL  If you want to wear a hoodie, cool. *shrug*

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

I wear hoodies all the time.  Or did anyways. 

It is the norm know to ruin things of the past. So it doesn’t surprise me that people are getting a little fed up with it.  Yes, change is good, but at what point do you pause and take a look at what you’re doing?

this should be fun.

Idc if it’s hoody, long sleeve, collars just keep it a clean look. I personally couldn’t, I need non bulk in the course and the hood would throw me off. Love my rain jacket in the cool weather

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

i wouldn’t personally wear a hoodie because i don’t like the feel of the hood swinging around my neck on my follow through. learned that the hard way after wearing a hoodie to a fitting.  i use a few light, tight fitting layers to create warmth and keep my range of motion as full as possible instead.

with that being said, if golfers want to be looked at as athletes, you’ve gotta be ok with athletic apparel making its way into the sport.  

slacks and polos have all gone the way of performance fabrics. shoes have basically become sneakers. so why are sweatshirts with hoods seen as such a villain? 

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

Love the engagement here.  All are making valid and reasonable points. 

Not against it at all, but I find hoodies uncomfortable just to wear around, so would not wear one on the golf course. I personally don't believe that not allowing someone to wear a hoodie is somehow limiting participation in the game. If you are playing at your local muni MOST of them are anything goes clothing wise and if you belong to a country club you've agreed to their clothing recommendations so it's not an issue. The main issues limiting more participation are the issues that have always plagued the game-cost & time. But hey, golf rounds are up YOY so how much more participation do you need?

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

I play at a private club where there's a dress code.  It's not a real strict one as you might find at a posh club, but it exists, none-the-less.  There is no policy against hoodies.  We do require a collared shirt (or a mock turtleneck) -- basically no tee shirts, and similar requirements for pants (and, yes, cargo shorts are okay).  As we live in a wet winter climate, jeans are allowed.  Now, personally, I can't play golf in jeans and I don't think I'd want to play in a hoodie.  I prefer to wear short sleeve, whenever possible, and no more than a light rain jacket, just for freedom of movement.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

I get that people crave the "decorum" to remain a part of the game, and people dress up for church and things so I get the validity of it. I also support private clubs doing whatever they want. I remember reading the ultra exclusive rules at Riviera and one of them was "no visible perspiration." While its insane they expect someone not to sweat while they play within spitting distance of Tijuana, those rules are almost as useful to me because it screams "NOT WHERE YOU WANT TO BE." I dont know if those types will ever leave the game, but that's why there are clubs like that so you can associate with people who believe the same way. There are muni courses near me with zero dress rules, and people play them with no shirt or shoes. This argument doesn't hold at the top level, I guess, but you know what you're getting into on tour, where hoodies are "controversial."

Titleist 975J

Callaway Hawkeye 3 Wood

Cleveland 588 Wedges

11 minutes ago, Crowev01 said:

I get that people crave the "decorum" to remain a part of the game, and people dress up for church and things so I get the validity of it. I also support private clubs doing whatever they want. I remember reading the ultra exclusive rules at Riviera and one of them was "no visible perspiration." While its insane they expect someone not to sweat while they play within spitting distance of Tijuana, those rules are almost as useful to me because it screams "NOT WHERE YOU WANT TO BE." I dont know if those types will ever leave the game, but that's why there are clubs like that so you can associate with people who believe the same way. There are muni courses near me with zero dress rules, and people play them with no shirt or shoes. This argument doesn't hold at the top level, I guess, but you know what you're getting into on tour, where hoodies are "controversial."

And before it happens, when I say private clubs should be able to do what they want, no that does not extend to barring membership based on protected statuses, more like "no ice cream cones" or "no Bluetooth speakers." Not that they get to do literally anything they want. 

Titleist 975J

Callaway Hawkeye 3 Wood

Cleveland 588 Wedges

From my understanding St Andrews allows jeans so if someone wants to wear them at courses that allow it who cares. Same with the hoodie. 

Way back in the day people were “dressed” up everyday for normal day activities and on course attire matched that time. Here we are well into the 2000s and style and everyday wear has changed. Golf attire has changed with the improvement in clothing materials and in matching the every day dress.

Unless the “traditionalist” is dressing like Payne Stewart or going a step further and wearing shirt and tie get over the changing times. Just like with anything in life if you don’t like the taste of something don’t eat/drink it, if you don’t like the look of something don’t own it and so on. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Just from a functional standpoint, I find that hoodie isn't the best thing to wear while golfing.  Unless you put the hood over your head, there is big thing resting on your neck that moves around during a swing.  Then those strings are dangling down so you got to tie them off.  Then the pouch pockets kind of get in the way especially on short game shots and putting,  which is doesn't help because since I already got a sizable immovable pouch underneath.   

Unfortunately for us in the north golf attire will have to wait until next year.  A day like today would be just surviving the elements, it is 37F with a steady drip, drip, drip.  You need a really good hoodie and then some.  

Way back in the day people were “dressed” up everyday for normal day activities and on course attire matched that time. Here we are well into the 2000s and style and everyday wear has changed. Golf attire has changed with the improvement in clothing materials and in matching the every day dress.

Good point! When I first entered the civil engineering world in 1994, collared shirt and tie were industry standard. I don’t think I have worn a tie to work since around 2003 or 2004.

If hoodies bring more kids to the golf course and away from the TV, I’m all for it!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

15 minutes ago, sixcat said:

Good point! When I first entered the civil engineering world in 1994, collared shirt and tie were industry standard. I don’t think I have worn a tie to work since around 2003 or 2004.

If hoodies bring more kids to the golf course and away from the TV, I’m all for it!

Or cellphones... it’s an epidemic in itself.

2 hours ago, sixcat said:

Exactly.  I don’t recall anyone complaining when caddies were allowed to start wearing shorts, Tiger made mock turtlenecks a thing and when he revived them they sold out again. Both tours allow the players to wear shorts in certain situations. Times change and people and entities have to be willing to change too.

are there things in various sports or other areas of life where they cross the line? For sure and that line is probably different for each person.  An athletic looking hoodie that matches the players athletic apparel and shoes to me looks fine.  Justin Thomas wore one that was less sporty and more dressy but it also matched his attire. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I have no problem with the hoodie on the golf course, but...like just about everything else in golf, it's situational. For the Tour pros that are getting heat, I think that's a little ridiculous, and I think the hoodies they are wearing look better than a lot of things we've seen on Tour over the years. For the typical golfer, the most important thing is that you feel out the crowd and make a judgment call based on what you're comfortable with. If the place is explicitly casual, do what you want and don't judge others for what they are wearing. I also think the general "hoodie" discussion should be separate from rain gear -- I think hoods on rain jackets should always be acceptable (although mine doesn't have a hood...). 

I have worn a hoodie on the course, but it's rare, partially because the hood can be distracting. Somewhat in line with some of the comments above, the times I've done it have almost always been a "clean" look (like a "nicer" form-fitting hoodie from Linksoul). The only times I've worn a "more casual" hoodie is for an outing like our local Craft Beer Scramble -- for that, we rolled in with a John Daly graphic hoodies, which should be expected at that type of event (I wouldn't do the same at something like a State Am qualifier or any event at a private club). 

Also notable and somewhat related to this topic: If you get the chance to play a private course (especially a prestigious club) and/or a high-end public track, do your research and follow all parts of their dress code with no complaints (no matter how ridiculous they seem). Unless they explicitly state that it's a casual atmosphere, shy away from the hood. The recent black sock debacle from Australia falls under this guideline too -- I don't agree with "white socks only" and think it's a terrible rule fashion-wise (unless they also had a "white shoe" policy, which I'd also disagree with 🤦‍♂️), but if I had the opportunity to play there, I'd follow it. If you want to make a statement at a place like that, wear something ridiculous that technically fits within their guidelines, but do it at risk of getting turned away. 

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus 8* (adjusted to 8.75*), Mitsubishi Diamana ZF 70 X Flex (New toy incoming!)

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Stealth2 Plus, 15* (adjusted to 14.25*) w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-IZ 7X

Irons:  :titleist-small: U505 1 Iron (16*), T200 "Utility Build" 3 and 4 irons, all with Graphite Design Tour AD-IZ 95 X Flex, :titleist-small: T100S 5-9 with Nippon Pro Modus 120 X Flex (2021 MGS Test). These things are monsters. 

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM9 46.10, 54.12, and 58.08, all with custom etchings & KBS Tour Masters-themed shafts, X-flex (CHA Post)

Putter: Total headcase and Putter Ho. Down to two main options in the rotation (one mallet, one blade), but have 4-5 by the basement putting green that might make it in the bag at some point this year... Mallet: :L.A.B.: Mezz XL 36" Orange; Blade: :L.A.B.: Link.1 w/Accra White shaft & :garsen: grip

Not a fan of a hoodie as there are a million tops one can wear while golfing that don’t have hoods, yet keep one just as warm. I do like a “dress code” of sorts at courses. I am not a fan of blue jeans, tank tops, etc. I do think that the microfiber tees Tiger wears are ok, and I do think that the PGA should allow guys to wear shorts since the LPGA allows the women to wear almost anything! I saw a few LPGA golfers in tee shirts and shorts, and they weren’t classy looking. Really casual...

Im not snobby, but I do like the idea of golf being a sport where one wears a type of “uniform”. All other sports have theirs, so I don’t think it’s any different.

I also don’t believe someone is going to decide if they play golf or not based on if a hoodie is allowed.............

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

I was always amused by dress code complaints when I worked in the business. 

A 20’s female guest would wear shorts you’d expect a female college graduate to wear with a brand new Lilly Pulitzer top. 

That apparel would always draw a complaint from Mr. & Mrs. Karen, wearing their matching 15 year old his & hers Sadie Hawkins polos that were hanging on by a thread with set-in mustard stains. 

Clean and new is just as, if not more respectful to the game than a ratty old polo.  

The world is changing and it’s ok for us to change with it. 

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

I have no issue with "hoodies".  Likewise, I'm fine with courses establishing dress codes.  Like a few have already stated, I'd like to see golf retain some level of dress code but suspect, over time, those traditions will be challenged. Can you imagine the day when someone starts a discussion whether topless golf should be acceptable? No doubt many of us have already experienced that... some images just can't be unseen 🤪.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

7 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Can you imagine the day when someone starts a discussion whether topless golf should be acceptable? No doubt many of us have already experienced that... some images just can't be unseen 🤪.

😱

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

• 1 month later...

Since the various styles of hoodies seem to you to be a little lost:

Fleece, 100 percent cotton: perhaps this is what you say in soft cotton, for the latest golf blanks they have begun fleece. I have no golf so I can't talk about consistency, but hopefully they are all right.

French terry 100% cotton: this one has a lot of loops inside and can be called loopback. It is a little less sweet, but more thin and airy.

Fleece cotton / poly blend: this is the same thing on the smoother and warmer face as the 100% cotton fleece. It does however, contain some polyester that is commonly known as worse than 100% cotton. This is what lilpeep graphic hoodies are made of they're pretty terrible, especially for golf prices.

Edited by EyesFit

My Life My Style

I gotta get out more....

I saw the earlier reference to the Australian black socks controversy and I didn't know anything about it!    😱

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

• 1 month later...

Since the different styles of hoodies appear to you to be somewhat lost: 

Downy, 100% cotton: maybe this is the thing that you say in delicate cotton, for the most recent golf spaces they have started wool. I have no golf so I can't discuss consistency, however ideally they are good. 

French terry 100% cotton: this one has a great deal of circles inside and can be called loopback. It is somewhat less sweet, yet more dainty and vaporous. 

Wool cotton/poly mix: this is something very similar on the smoother and hotter face as the 100% cotton downy. It does nonetheless, contain some polyester that is usually known as more terrible than 100% cotton. This is the thing that blackbear dead rose hoodies are made of they're quite awful, particularly at golf costs.

For Christmas, I received a hoodie from a company called Cozy Earth...mom gets it 🙂

It's super lightweight and snug so just a disclaimer if you're a little more rotund or built like a barrel it may not fit...

My first reaction when wearing it besides wow, this is soft was this will be an awesome golf hoodie for the spring & fall.

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

On 10/30/2020 at 9:14 PM, bens197 said:

I was always amused by dress code complaints when I worked in the business. 

A 20’s female guest would wear shorts you’d expect a female college graduate to wear with a brand new Lilly Pulitzer top. 

That apparel would always draw a complaint from Mr. & Mrs. Karen, wearing their matching 15 year old his & hers Sadie Hawkins polos that were hanging on by a thread with set-in mustard stains. 

Clean and new is just as, if not more respectful to the game than a ratty old polo.  

The world is changing and it’s ok for us to change with it. 

I do wonder what the ratio of age to complaint is/was.... I could take a guess but that may offend some folks on here.

I wish golf wasn't so "stuffy". There are ways to keep the traditions of the game alive but having a strict dress code discourages, rather than encourages, IMHO.

I remember being on Nantucket one year and watching people playing tennis and they were wearing all white - shirt, shorts, shoes, socks, everything. I asked and that was the "rule" for being able to play tennis on the court. I shook my head in disbelief. Sadly, rich folks like to show how wealthy they are and let you know it. 

Don't get me wrong; I'm not say you shouldn't be presentable, I was in the Marines and that is ingrained into you for life; I just wish some places would be a little more flexible.

Golf doesn't need to be a one-percenter sport -- literally or figuratively.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

19 minutes ago, StrokerAce said:

I do wonder what the ratio of age to complaint is/was.... I could take a guess but that may offend some folks on here.

I wish golf wasn't so "stuffy". There are ways to keep the traditions of the game alive but having a strict dress code discourages, rather than encourages, IMHO.

I remember being on Nantucket one year and watching people playing tennis and they were wearing all white - shirt, shorts, shoes, socks, everything. I asked and that was the "rule" for being able to play tennis on the court. I shook my head in disbelief. Sadly, rich folks like to show how wealthy they are and let you know it. 

Don't get me wrong; I'm not say you shouldn't be presentable, I was in the Marines and that is ingrained into you for life; I just wish some places would be a little more flexible.

Golf doesn't need to be a one-percenter sport -- literally or figuratively.

You know the answer 🙂 This isn't about hoodies.

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

I'll probably post this in the "what have you bought lately" thread too, but I picked up a few new hoodies this winter that are definitely making it into my spring public/muni rotation and likely in the mix for lounging post-round at resorts (but I'd still hesitate using it on course at higher-end public or wearing it at all at a private club). 

Lululemon - back in the day, when I saw they offered men's clothing, I swore I'd never buy it. But a few of the younger guys in our golf crew swear by it, so I took a shot at a Lululemon x TrendyGolf hoodie. It. Is. Awesome. So I picked up another. The 2020 style that I got on Black Friday is, in my opinion, the better style, but it was also $30-40 more than the 2021 (which is still very nice). The waffled version feels a bit less casual, but it's still a hoodie, so still very casual. 

Rhoback - great brand across the board. They dabbled in the hoodie game last year, and I'd call it a success. Mostly out of stock at this point, but I may pick up another color if/when they restock. 

One notable thing on both of these that could extend to other brands: I had to size down. Where I used to bounce between L/XL for hoodies, I've needed Mediums in both brands (unfortunately the 2020 Lulu is an L with no M in stock). Maybe that's just a style change for me from baggy to form fit (especially if there's any prospect of playing in it), but it applies in things like sleeve length too, so it's hard to say. 

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus 8* (adjusted to 8.75*), Mitsubishi Diamana ZF 70 X Flex (New toy incoming!)

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Stealth2 Plus, 15* (adjusted to 14.25*) w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-IZ 7X

Irons:  :titleist-small: U505 1 Iron (16*), T200 "Utility Build" 3 and 4 irons, all with Graphite Design Tour AD-IZ 95 X Flex, :titleist-small: T100S 5-9 with Nippon Pro Modus 120 X Flex (2021 MGS Test). These things are monsters. 

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM9 46.10, 54.12, and 58.08, all with custom etchings & KBS Tour Masters-themed shafts, X-flex (CHA Post)

Putter: Total headcase and Putter Ho. Down to two main options in the rotation (one mallet, one blade), but have 4-5 by the basement putting green that might make it in the bag at some point this year... Mallet: :L.A.B.: Mezz XL 36" Orange; Blade: :L.A.B.: Link.1 w/Accra White shaft & :garsen: grip