I was always amused by dress code complaints when I worked in the business. 

A 20’s female guest would wear shorts you’d expect a female college graduate to wear with a brand new Lilly Pulitzer top. 

That apparel would always draw a complaint from Mr. & Mrs. Karen, wearing their matching 15 year old his & hers Sadie Hawkins polos that were hanging on by a thread with set-in mustard stains. 

Clean and new is just as, if not more respectful to the game than a ratty old polo.  

The world is changing and it’s ok for us to change with it. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • PING G400 LST 8.5 Evenflow Black 65g 6.5
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Ben Hogan PTx Combo Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • TaylorMade MG2 TW 56 & 60 Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5
  • TaylorMade TP5

Western, NY

5.7 Index

I have no issue with "hoodies".  Likewise, I'm fine with courses establishing dress codes.  Like a few have already stated, I'd like to see golf retain some level of dress code but suspect, over time, those traditions will be challenged. Can you imagine the day when someone starts a discussion whether topless golf should be acceptable? No doubt many of us have already experienced that... some images just can't be unseen 🤪.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

7 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Can you imagine the day when someone starts a discussion whether topless golf should be acceptable? No doubt many of us have already experienced that... some images just can't be unseen 🤪.

😱

• Haha 1

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

• 1 month later...

Since the various styles of hoodies seem to you to be a little lost:

Fleece, 100 percent cotton: perhaps this is what you say in soft cotton, for the latest golf blanks they have begun fleece. I have no golf so I can't talk about consistency, but hopefully they are all right.

French terry 100% cotton: this one has a lot of loops inside and can be called loopback. It is a little less sweet, but more thin and airy.

Fleece cotton / poly blend: this is the same thing on the smoother and warmer face as the 100% cotton fleece. It does however, contain some polyester that is commonly known as worse than 100% cotton. This is what lilpeep graphic hoodies are made of they're pretty terrible, especially for golf prices.

Edited by EyesFit
  • Hmmm 1

My Life My Style

I gotta get out more....

I saw the earlier reference to the Australian black socks controversy and I didn't know anything about it!    😱

• Haha 1

Modern Bag:  Ping G410+ 9*, Accra TourZ X265 M5;  Snake Eyes 18* & 23* Hybrids; Golfsmith Tour Cavity Forged 3i;  Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Cleveland Tour Action 49*, 53*, 57*; PX LZ 6.5 ;  Ping Heppler Fetch;  Ball - Snell MTB-X; Bag - Sun Mountain H2NO 

Classic Bag:  Driver - Wilson Staff Persimmon; 3w - Hogan Speed Slot; 5w - Wilson Staff Tour Block; 3 - pw - Staff Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

• 1 month later...

Since the different styles of hoodies appear to you to be somewhat lost: 

Downy, 100% cotton: maybe this is the thing that you say in delicate cotton, for the most recent golf spaces they have started wool. I have no golf so I can't discuss consistency, however ideally they are good. 

French terry 100% cotton: this one has a great deal of circles inside and can be called loopback. It is somewhat less sweet, yet more dainty and vaporous. 

Wool cotton/poly mix: this is something very similar on the smoother and hotter face as the 100% cotton downy. It does nonetheless, contain some polyester that is usually known as more terrible than 100% cotton. This is the thing that blackbear dead rose hoodies are made of they're quite awful, particularly at golf costs.

For Christmas, I received a hoodie from a company called Cozy Earth...mom gets it 🙂

It's super lightweight and snug so just a disclaimer if you're a little more rotund or built like a barrel it may not fit...

My first reaction when wearing it besides wow, this is soft was this will be an awesome golf hoodie for the spring & fall.

• Like 2
  • TaylorMade TP5

Western, NY

5.7 Index

On 10/30/2020 at 9:14 PM, bens197 said:

I was always amused by dress code complaints when I worked in the business. 

A 20’s female guest would wear shorts you’d expect a female college graduate to wear with a brand new Lilly Pulitzer top. 

That apparel would always draw a complaint from Mr. & Mrs. Karen, wearing their matching 15 year old his & hers Sadie Hawkins polos that were hanging on by a thread with set-in mustard stains. 

Clean and new is just as, if not more respectful to the game than a ratty old polo.  

The world is changing and it’s ok for us to change with it. 

I do wonder what the ratio of age to complaint is/was.... I could take a guess but that may offend some folks on here.

I wish golf wasn't so "stuffy". There are ways to keep the traditions of the game alive but having a strict dress code discourages, rather than encourages, IMHO.

I remember being on Nantucket one year and watching people playing tennis and they were wearing all white - shirt, shorts, shoes, socks, everything. I asked and that was the "rule" for being able to play tennis on the court. I shook my head in disbelief. Sadly, rich folks like to show how wealthy they are and let you know it. 

Don't get me wrong; I'm not say you shouldn't be presentable, I was in the Marines and that is ingrained into you for life; I just wish some places would be a little more flexible.

Golf doesn't need to be a one-percenter sport -- literally or figuratively.

• Like 4

(D) G410 LST | (3) SpeedZone Big Tour | (5) TM Sim Max | (H) Titleist 818 H2 | (I) Z785 | (W) ZipCore | (P) Cleveland Premier HB 11

19 minutes ago, StrokerAce said:

I do wonder what the ratio of age to complaint is/was.... I could take a guess but that may offend some folks on here.

I wish golf wasn't so "stuffy". There are ways to keep the traditions of the game alive but having a strict dress code discourages, rather than encourages, IMHO.

I remember being on Nantucket one year and watching people playing tennis and they were wearing all white - shirt, shorts, shoes, socks, everything. I asked and that was the "rule" for being able to play tennis on the court. I shook my head in disbelief. Sadly, rich folks like to show how wealthy they are and let you know it. 

Don't get me wrong; I'm not say you shouldn't be presentable, I was in the Marines and that is ingrained into you for life; I just wish some places would be a little more flexible.

Golf doesn't need to be a one-percenter sport -- literally or figuratively.

You know the answer 🙂 This isn't about hoodies.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • TaylorMade TP5

Western, NY

5.7 Index

I'll probably post this in the "what have you bought lately" thread too, but I picked up a few new hoodies this winter that are definitely making it into my spring public/muni rotation and likely in the mix for lounging post-round at resorts (but I'd still hesitate using it on course at higher-end public or wearing it at all at a private club). 

Lululemon - back in the day, when I saw they offered men's clothing, I swore I'd never buy it. But a few of the younger guys in our golf crew swear by it, so I took a shot at a Lululemon x TrendyGolf hoodie. It. Is. Awesome. So I picked up another. The 2020 style that I got on Black Friday is, in my opinion, the better style, but it was also $30-40 more than the 2021 (which is still very nice). The waffled version feels a bit less casual, but it's still a hoodie, so still very casual. 

Rhoback - great brand across the board. They dabbled in the hoodie game last year, and I'd call it a success. Mostly out of stock at this point, but I may pick up another color if/when they restock. 

One notable thing on both of these that could extend to other brands: I had to size down. Where I used to bounce between L/XL for hoodies, I've needed Mediums in both brands (unfortunately the 2020 Lulu is an L with no M in stock). Maybe that's just a style change for me from baggy to form fit (especially if there's any prospect of playing in it), but it applies in things like sleeve length too, so it's hard to say. 

• Like 1

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 9* (adjusted to 10*), Accra TZ6 75 (American Flag), M5 Flex

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM, 15*, Accra FX 2.0 300F, M5 Flex

Driving Iron: :srixon-small: U85 2 iron, Fujikura Pro 2.0 8 HB, S Flex

Irons: :mizuno-small: 4-6:JPX-919 Forged, 7-PW: JPX-919 Tour. All with Nippon Pro Modus 120 S Flex

Wedges: :mizuno-small:T-20 Blue Ion 50.07, 56.10, 60.06

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER5B 35" with Gravity Grip

I dont care if peeps wear them on the course and I wear a thin hoodie to the range, but I cant stand the hood on as its too restrictive for my liking. I need to be free to swing so keep it as light as possible. 

• Like 1

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

To each their own; but I would also say time and place. No clubhouse, starter, or Marshall? You’re probably free to wear whatever you like. Playing as a guest of a member somewhere? Look your best. I know some legit sticks that wear jean shorts for crying out loud; but time and place. If I’m at Pebble or St Andrew’s I’d wanna look nice in my photos...

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

24CC2B3B-0E46-4165-97D1-F1CA4C5041C8.png

• 4 weeks later...

Many of my casual tops are hoodies. So I've worn them playing pitch and pu and at the range. 

So I was pleased to see them introduced into general golf. I've just bought an Under Armour hoodie and its great. Very warm and very comfortable. I have an awful swing and have absolutely no issues being restricted by the hood or with it flailing around. I dread to think what a swing must be like if that is an issue 😂

It's also amusing when people say they don't like them because they are a traditionalist. I've had someone say it so me then look puzzled as I glanced into their bag and asked how traditional titanium and carbon fibre composites are. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/29/2020 at 1:57 AM, PMookie said:

Not a fan of a hoodie as there are a million tops one can wear while golfing that don’t have hoods, yet keep one just as warm. I do like a “dress code” of sorts at courses. I am not a fan of blue jeans, tank tops, etc. I do think that the microfiber tees Tiger wears are ok, and I do think that the PGA should allow guys to wear shorts since the LPGA allows the women to wear almost anything! I saw a few LPGA golfers in tee shirts and shorts, and they weren’t classy looking. Really casual...

Im not snobby, but I do like the idea of golf being a sport where one wears a type of “uniform”. All other sports have theirs, so I don’t think it’s any different.

I also don’t believe someone is going to decide if they play golf or not based on if a hoodie with  vlone pant is allowed.............

I agree with you what you are saying, its not compulsory to wear a hoodie to play golf.

Edited by DawnRogers
  • Like 1