Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Hoodies in Golf!

BrownBearGolf

I dont care if peeps wear them on the course and I wear a thin hoodie to the range, but I cant stand the hood on as its too restrictive for my liking. I need to be free to swing so keep it as light as possible. 

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

To each their own; but I would also say time and place. No clubhouse, starter, or Marshall? You’re probably free to wear whatever you like. Playing as a guest of a member somewhere? Look your best. I know some legit sticks that wear jean shorts for crying out loud; but time and place. If I’m at Pebble or St Andrew’s I’d wanna look nice in my photos...

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver - Cobra LtDxLS

3 Wood - Ping g410 LST

2iron - Titleist U505

Irons - Ping i59

Wedges - Vokey Sm9

Putter - Mizuno Mcraft IV

• 4 weeks later...

Many of my casual tops are hoodies. So I've worn them playing pitch and pu and at the range. 

So I was pleased to see them introduced into general golf. I've just bought an Under Armour hoodie and its great. Very warm and very comfortable. I have an awful swing and have absolutely no issues being restricted by the hood or with it flailing around. I dread to think what a swing must be like if that is an issue 😂

It's also amusing when people say they don't like them because they are a traditionalist. I've had someone say it so me then look puzzled as I glanced into their bag and asked how traditional titanium and carbon fibre composites are. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/29/2020 at 1:57 AM, PMookie said:

Not a fan of a hoodie as there are a million tops one can wear while golfing that don’t have hoods, yet keep one just as warm. I do like a “dress code” of sorts at courses. I am not a fan of blue jeans, tank tops, etc. I do think that the microfiber tees Tiger wears are ok, and I do think that the PGA should allow guys to wear shorts since the LPGA allows the women to wear almost anything! I saw a few LPGA golfers in tee shirts and shorts, and they weren’t classy looking. Really casual...

Im not snobby, but I do like the idea of golf being a sport where one wears a type of “uniform”. All other sports have theirs, so I don’t think it’s any different.

I also don’t believe someone is going to decide if they play golf or not based on if a hoodie with  vlone pant is allowed.............

I agree with you what you are saying, its not compulsory to wear a hoodie to play golf.

Edited by DawnRogers