TESTERS WANTED! ×

Behold! The WITB you have been waiting for!

22 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Dig it!  Keep on rocking in the free world.  

Someday it will change, but Hogan still broke par back in the 40's, so I just need to keep doing my thing. 

Titleist 975J

Callaway Hawkeye 3 Wood

Ben Hogan CFT Hybrid, Apex Plus Irons

Cleveland 588 Wedges

Scotty Newport 2 Mid Slant Pro Platinum

3 minutes ago, Crowev01 said:

Someday it will change, but Hogan still broke par back in the 40's, so I just need to keep doing my thing. 

If it works it works.  My 3 wood and 2 hybrid are not leaving the bag any time soon, or my putter.  Probably the irons either.  Wedges are always on the hot seat though... still searching for the Elder Wands. 

The sunburst looks good in any bag.  I'm having as much fun rocking my old Grinds as I did testing the Wilson D7 Forged.  I played the Plus for a while as well.  Wish I still had 'em.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

🤟 sweet setup. Can’t battle a passed down club sometimes. My cousin still has a “ding a ling” putter in his bag. Plays it every round on the 18th. Was his fathers and before him his grandfather. If you have never heard of it check it out 😂 it’s pretty ridiculous . Definitely no Scotty!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

8 hours ago, Lacassem said:

🤟 sweet setup. Can’t battle a passed down club sometimes. My cousin still has a “ding a ling” putter in his bag. Plays it every round on the 18th. Was his fathers and before him his grandfather. If you have never heard of it check it out 😂 it’s pretty ridiculous . Definitely no Scotty!

That thing is a trip! I think it might be a nice addition. Maybe make my four putts sound like wind chimes, cover up the groans? 

Titleist 975J

Callaway Hawkeye 3 Wood

Cleveland 588 Wedges

Right up my alley man. Check out my signature at least LOL I have the Hogan Apex shafts

Edited by BIG STU

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

30 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

Right up my alley man. Check out my signature at least LOL I have the Hogan Apex shafts

I'm serving a life sentence at Ben Hogan. I still go to the support meetings, even though I'm never getting out. 

Titleist 975J

Callaway Hawkeye 3 Wood

Cleveland 588 Wedges

On 10/25/2020 at 9:47 PM, Crowev01 said:

I'm serving a life sentence at Ben Hogan. I still go to the support meetings, even though I'm never getting out. 

I could think of many worse places to be stuck in. I will let you in on a little secret I do own and play sometimes a set of 54 Precisions. Also have quite a few Hogan Wedges and one Hogan 8802 style putter

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

On 10/24/2020 at 7:19 AM, Lacassem said:

When you say ding a ling you mean the Ping 1 A with the double slots?  I have a original one yes I found it on the scrap pile. They did a reissue on them because my bud Bear who is a club ho bought one and paid right at $100 for it at PGASS. And yes those things are LOUD!  Ran into a young fellow the other day who was putting on the practice green with a Iron Master. I knew what it was by the profile ( Lord knows I own enough of them) His Grandfather passed it down to him and he said he putted pretty well with it. I still practice and sometimes play with one of mine even now. If you can roll one with it or a Bulls Eye you can roll anything

Edited by BIG STU

G

6 hours ago, BIG STU said:

When you say ding a ling you mean the Ping 1 A with the double slots?  I have a original one yes I found it on the scrap pile. They did a reissue on them because my bud Bear who is a club ho bought one and paid right at $100 for it at PGASS. And yes those things are LOUD!  Ran into a young fellow the other day who was putting on the practice green with a Iron Master. I knew what it was by the profile ( Lord knows I own enough of them) His Grandfather passed it down to him and he said he putted pretty well with it. I still practice and sometimes play with one of mine even now. If you can roll one with it or a Bulls Eye you can roll anything

I googled it yes the PING 1A. Have never looked it up and if there were markings on it they are long gone. He has had to do a little Tig just to get the head back on. Its pretty funny to see but its family and he loves using it atleast once. always comical.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Sweet bag man...is that Northwood GC?  Looks like it.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

1 hour ago, bens197 said:

Sweet bag man...is that Northwood GC?  Looks like it.

Yes it is! I got a membership there this year because I only live a couple of miles away and they aren't morning people so I get to play a lot of golf there. If you're ever in the area, let me know, I usually play as a single and always am looking for an excuse to get out there. 👍

Titleist 975J

Callaway Hawkeye 3 Wood

Cleveland 588 Wedges

4 hours ago, Crowev01 said:

Yes it is! I got a membership there this year because I only live a couple of miles away and they aren't morning people so I get to play a lot of golf there. If you're ever in the area, let me know, I usually play as a single and always am looking for an excuse to get out there. 👍

It made my bucket list in 2017 while visiting my brother in Oakland.  We drove up to Healdsburg, hit up DaVero and Russian River (for some Pliny) and on the way home it caught my eye.  I would love to join you next time I am out there.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

2 hours ago, kinza098 said:

good bag. i like the stand golf bags. these are easy for use. is ball lap important for putting it?

I would definitely recommended Ping carry bags, I have had them for a long time and I would stay with them, no doubt. 

As far as the ball lab, the Maxfli performed pretty well, but the idea of eliminating variables to focus on improving was what really struck me. This was just the most affordable option that tested well. I have been satisfied so far. 

Titleist 975J

Callaway Hawkeye 3 Wood

Cleveland 588 Wedges

1 minute ago, bens197 said:

It made my bucket list the year I went to visit my brother in Oakland.  We drove up to Healdsburg, hit up DaVero and Russian River (for some Pliny) and on the way home it caught my eye.  I would love to join you next time I am out there.

I have been researching it for a while now, and have found some fun historical stuff that is fun to point out while playing, like original tee positions, bunkers, etc. Let me know and I will definitely meet you guys out there. 👍

Titleist 975J

Callaway Hawkeye 3 Wood

Cleveland 588 Wedges

On 10/23/2020 at 9:03 PM, Crowev01 said:

I figured since I'm still fairly new around here, I'd share my taste for turn of the century gear with you: 

Driver, Titleist 975J, EI-70 Stiff shaft, Golf Pride Tour Velvet Full Cord Grip. I've pinned the ceiling fabric up on this thing for years, but it still starts and stinks like old cigarettes. Thanks to this wonderful forum, she's going to sit in the garage a while. 

3 Wood, Callaway Hawkeye, 14deg, Stiff Shaft, Callaway Replacement Grip, What can I say, she's mean but refills my coffee before it's empty and calls me sugar. 

Hogan CFT 2 Hybrid, 19 degrees, Stiff Steel Shaft, Worn out old Tour Wrap grip. I play this when I'm too scared to hit the real 2 iron I also have. I could punch this thing out from under an El Camino. 

Hogan Apex Plus 2-E, Apex 4 Shafts, Lamkin Z5 Midsized Grips. Its like having an old pontoon boat that needs new carpet, but is still the center of attention at the lake party. I can't get enough of these things, but they need to be in a museum. Quittin hurts so bad. 

Wedges

Cleveland 588 Gunmetal 51 and 56, steel shaft, Lamkin midsized z5. The shaft in the sand wedge is totally bent because I threw it so many times, but they're like enemies I've conquered and want to keep around. The grooves are so gone, they have as much backspin as a 1 iron, but there's a price for everything. 

Putter 

Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport 2 Mid Slant, Tiger Imitating Ping putter Grip.

I can barely keep this thing on the greens, but it was a gift from my grandpa and I take it with me to go to the bathroom at the club so no one takes it. They will bury me before I change that out for another putter. I might see that cute new putter in the corner, but mama's gonna know I went looking. 

Ball

Thanks to the ball lab, I switched to using one ball only. Right now, its the Maxfli Tour X. I feel strange playing a DSG house brand, but this is a weird game. 

If you have any questions about how I've managed to hang on to these clubs so long, please, I'm right here. 

EDIT: I am 6'7" and these are all standard clubs. Length, lie, all of it. Yeeeeeee haw. 

Hit em straight out there. 20200716_171937.jpg.f4b675258c934ee30d5e31a95f4f1444.jpg

Great post man!  I thoroughly enjoyed your humor throughout!  Keep on keeping Mama happy and watch those clubhouse rats, they have sticky fingers for putters! LOL  

BNewt51

Golf Addict.... Father of 4.  Pennsylvania Golfer 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond - Ventus Red X :callaway-small:

3 Wood:  TS2 14* :titleist-small:

Hybrid:  Titleist TSI 2 18*  (Only used on Soft Rainy days)  image.png.94e8f04243fe8584238d70d382b90525.png

Utility Irons:  4 iron (Steel Fiber FC 110 - Stiff)  image.png.edaa152b6173d27a9529d0f1d7fcc172.png

Irons:  Titleist T-150 4-PW Steel Fiber CW 110 - Stiff  :titleist-small:

Wedges:  Vokey 48-8 Vokey 54-10 Vokey 58-6 all SM9's  :titleist-small:

Putter:  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5 Flowback (custom shop copper finish) or Bettinardi QB8  :titleist-small:  :bettinardi-small:

Ball:  Pro-V1x :titleist-small:

Titleist Tour Carry Bag Black and White  :titleist-small:

Bushnell Range Finder (Patriot Pack)  

*King of taking (borrowing) all my club ***** friends clubs after they've discarded them after a couple months!

• 4 weeks later...

The Apex Plus/Pro's were pure.  Pure pure.  I had a set of the Pro's and MB's when the '99 model came out and loved them!  It was well before they released the FTX combo set. I gave them away and it haunts me! 🙂

Epic Flash 11.5*

Epic Flash 17*

Ping Eye2 BeCu 2-S

Evnroll Putter or BeCu Ping Zing 2