TESTERS WANTED! ×

Curious about Birdie Ball putting mats

skyryder

Ladies and Gents,

I am interested in purchasing a putting mat for indoor practice mostly.  I am curious if the Birdie Ball mats perform well on Tile floors or do all the joints in the individual tiles cause issues.  Of course any other points, good or otherwise anyone has to offer is appreciated.

TIA

Ricky

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if the tile will influence it. Really depends on how deep the areas between tiles are. My guess is that it wouldn't make any difference though. It doesn't work well on carpet at all. Mine sits on hardwood floor and I use it a ton. I've had a 12x4 for about 5 years now. Especially good in cold weather areas for the winter blues.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

On 10/23/2020 at 10:46 PM, skyryder said:

Ladies and Gents,

I am interested in purchasing a putting mat for indoor practice mostly.  I am curious if the Birdie Ball mats perform well on Tile floors or do all the joints in the individual tiles cause issues.  Of course any other points, good or otherwise anyone has to offer is appreciated.

TIA

Ricky

Ricky, I put my BirdieBall mat on concrete in my indoor hitting bay.  I have a lot of tile flooring in my house; just never had a reason to put the mat there.  I will give it a try tomorrow and report back.  I don't see that the joints would have any effect on the roll of a ball, but I'll let you know what I find out.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

On 10/23/2020 at 10:46 PM, skyryder said:

Ladies and Gents,

TIA

Ricky

Ricky, I brought my Birdie Ball mat into the dining room; floor is 12x12 tile.  The joints are not very deep compared to the thickness of the Birdie Ball mat.  I see no difference rolling a ball on the tile versus a concrete floor.  

I like it because you can pick your speed.  I chose medium which matches most of the courses in my area.  The speed is different in each direction; into the grain/with the grain.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

• 1 month later...