TESTERS WANTED! ×

Using a cart cover\ enclosure on a rented cart.

Jackal

We are looking to join a course that is opening back up.

We play no matter the temps, as long as they are open.

If it is misting, or below 40??? we would like to use a cart cover\ enclosure.

Since this will be a rented cart, it will have to be installed and removed same day.

Does anyone have a recommended cover that will hold up to this?

We may install it twice in one week, and then not use it for 3 or more weeks.

We don't want a heavy duty ( 1 hour to install type), nor do we want a  (disposable) trash bag thin one.

I haven't ever seen a discussion on this before.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Jackal

Always chasing different clubs

My wife and I joined a local muni in 2015 and we play year round unless we get the occasional snowfall.  Our course leases Yamaha carts and gets new ones every 3 years.  The second winter they had enclosures for sale that were made for Yamaha carts; green, blue, or tan.  I think they were about $200.  Sorry I don't remember the brand, but this is the 5th year that we have used it.  Just put in on this morning for the first time this year.  It might be good for another year or two, so worth the money.  We are playing in the morning and I'll ask for the brand.

We put in on and take it off each use.  FYI, it very tricky to do this in the wind!!!!  We don't get much rain, but when we do it is usually accompanied with wind.  It's very effective on cold, sunny days.  On cloudy days, a propane heater makes it nice and toasty.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

We are looking to join a course that is opening back up.
We play no matter the temps, as long as they are open.
If it is misting, or below 40??? we would like to use a cart cover\ enclosure.
Since this will be a rented cart, it will have to be installed and removed same day.
Does anyone have a recommended cover that will hold up to this?
We may install it twice in one week, and then not use it for 3 or more weeks.
We don't want a heavy duty ( 1 hour to install type), nor do we want a  (disposable) trash bag thin one.
I haven't ever seen a discussion on this before.
Thanks in advance.

Just google golf cart covers and you find a bunch of online stores that sell covers. It's important to know the make and the model since these just slide over the top of the cart. I'd also agree with@kennyb
on the propane heater. Cover and heater = nice and cozy.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

5 hours ago, Kenny B said:

My wife and I joined a local muni in 2015 and we play year round unless we get the occasional snowfall.  Our course leases Yamaha carts and gets new ones every 3 years.  The second winter they had enclosures for sale that were made for Yamaha carts; green, blue, or tan.  I think they were about $200.  Sorry I don't remember the brand, but this is the 5th year that we have used it.  Just put in on this morning for the first time this year.  It might be good for another year or two, so worth the money.  We are playing in the morning and I'll ask for the brand.

We put in on and take it off each use.  FYI, it very tricky to do this in the wind!!!!  We don't get much rain, but when we do it is usually accompanied with wind.  It's very effective on cold, sunny days.  On cloudy days, a propane heater makes it nice and toasty.

Thanks so much.

The ones with the ratchet tie ons seem to look better.

I'm guessing a $200 range would probably be best.

I haven't heard of anyone, using them on a rented cart.

It seemed a little crazy at first.

If it's windy, they will probably let me install it in the cart storage barn.

Thanks for the info, amd let me know what brand if you can.

3 hours ago, Jackal said:

Thanks so much.

I have a full enclosure for my cart that I bought from: https://www.extremekartz.com/. I don't know if they sell the type you're looking for, but for mine they were the least expensive online source for the same brand. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

28 minutes ago, MattF said:

that’s worth taking a flier on at $60. if you get one winter out of it, that’s a win. 

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

1 minute ago, Chip Strokes said:

that’s worth taking a flier on at $60. if you get one winter out of it, that’s a win. 

If it's the same material that they use for their grill covers, it'll last a lot more than one winter.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

16 hours ago, Jackal said:

Thanks so much.

Took a picture of the label on our cover, and our cart loaded up this morning.  We had a frost delay, but got off at 9:45am.  Sunny, no clouds, and very little wind which is unusual.

IMG_2367.jpeg.88d0a6eb321f0a22152aeae4af40e339.jpeg

IMG_3613.jpeg.e4c29d3a9cb0e62f12da098da928fcb6.jpeg

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Priced right.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Do any of you okay the same course all the time? Would they be willing to let you attach a cover on a cart throughout the winter?
I know people who did this in CT B4 I left there . They played almost every day course was open and cover was left on a cart. Worked out for both parties.

Rick

Left Hand, 

3 minutes ago, Jackal said:

Thanks so much. As soon as we sign a membership, I'll order one.

Mine has taken a beating in our wind, but it's held up fairly well.  I don't use it when it's more than 15mph, but when it's that windy it's usually warmer.

The zippers have held up really well; no issues that I've seen on cheap covers.  The clear plastic got one small crack in the back panel last year, but it's easily repaired.  At our old course, the pro installed some cheap covers on a few of his better looking carts, but they were one size fits all and well... they didn't fit very well; only lasted one season before they were trashed.  People didn't take care of them.

3 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Do any of you okay the same course all the time? Would they be willing to let you attach a cover on a cart throughout the winter?
I know people who did this in CT B4 I left there . They played almost every day course was open and cover was left on a cart. Worked out for both parties.

Several of the guys in our Men's Club play every morning.  The course lets them keep their covers on a cart all winter (for a fee of course) when they are stored inside the cart barn.  The put their names on the cover, and when the cart kid brings them out in the morning, they are staged in a separate area from the other carts.  

I don't play every day, so I don't do it.  It only takes maybe 5 minutes to put it on and take off... a little longer when it's windy!!  

Several of the guys in our Men's Club play every morning.  The course lets them keep their covers on a cart all winter (for a fee of course) when they are stored inside the cart barn.  The put their names on the cover, and when the cart kid brings them out in the morning, they are staged in a separate area from the other carts.  
I don't play every day, so I don't do it.  It only takes maybe 5 minutes to put it on and take off... a little longer when it's windy!!  

They used to leave the overs on by didn’t charge anything extra, just happy to have folks out there.

Rick

Left Hand, 

I'd check what kind of carts the club uses, Some of the new yamaha carts have bigger roofs and they don't fit as well.

I have this cart cover though.  It's going on 4 seasons and still works great.  A few other people at my course have gotten them and also like them.  Takes a couple mins to take it on and off, very easy.

https://clubpro.com/product/3-x-4-universal-enclosure-2/

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

It's a muni... they charge for EVERYTHING!!

Actually this was a Muni in CT. Carts were owned and rented by the Pro.

Rick

Left Hand, 

1 hour ago, Rickp said:

Actually this was a Muni in CT. Carts were owned and rented by the Pro.

Ours are leased every 3 years by the City's management firm.  The pro gave up this spring when we had to have only one person per cart; he sat outside drinking vodka and shaking his head watching 4 carts on the 1st tee.

5 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Ours are leased every 3 years by the City's management firm.  The pro gave up this spring when we had to have only one person per cart; he sat outside drinking vodka and shaking his head watching 4 carts on the 1st tee.

One of the courses tried putting clear plastic wrap between the driver and passenger.

One of the pros watched people drive in, and if they were together, he made a note.

You couldn't just say you wanted to share, but if he saw you ride together in your vehicle it was ok.

It was like " Blue Chevy truck. Guy in black hat rode with guy in red jump suit".

Then he would ok it.

Edited by Jackal

15 hours ago, hckymeyer said:

I'd check what kind of carts the club uses, Some of the new yamaha carts have bigger roofs and they don't fit as well.

I have this cart cover though.  It's going on 4 seasons and still works great.  A few other people at my course have gotten them and also like them.  Takes a couple mins to take it on and off, very easy.

https://clubpro.com/product/3-x-4-universal-enclosure-2/

Thanks!! That's what I want.

One that is heavy duty, but doesn't take 30 min to install.

On those type of days, there usually isn't many on the course, anyway.

21 hours ago, Rickp said:

I tried this several years ago. Showed up one day to play and asked the assistant pro if he had seen the cart with my cover. He shrugged his shoulders, I grabbed a cart and headed out to the course. Found my cover being used by a couple of other members. They said, we didn't think you were playing today. I asked them did I look like the local golf cart cover provider. I would not have minded if they had asked me or someone in the pro shop.

People just don't respect others!

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

I have one very similar to the one below. Takes me about 5-10 minutes to put in on and off.

https://www.nationalgolfcartcovers.com/ngc-golf-cart-enclosures/2--Passengers.html

Edited by GaDawg
Make correction

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

I tried this several years ago. Showed up one day to play and asked the assistant pro if he had seen the cart with my cover. He shrugged his shoulders, I grabbed a cart and headed out to the course. Found my cover being used by a couple of other members. They said, we didn't think you were playing today. I asked them did I look like the local golf cart cover provider. I would not have minded if they had asked me or someone in the pro shop.
People just don't respect others!

I sure don’t blame you for being upset.

Rick

Left Hand,