Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Evenflow Blue Vs Aldila RIP Phenom or Tensei Blue

Peaksy68

Has anyone got experience with these shafts?  I'm currently playing my fairways with Evenflow Blue 6.0 75g, and am looking at Titleist TS2 7 woods, 2nd hand with the RIP Phenom Stiff 80g or new with Tensei Blue 65g.

I love the Evenflow.  From what I can find the RIP Phenom description sounds promising, but I'm a little concerned about the low torque potentially being an issue. The price is good, and finding a 7 wood with a heavy(ish) stiff shaft 2nd hand has been difficult. New would be AUD160 more. I'm tempted to just go with the 2nd hand, and take the gamble that the shaft is good for me, but any input would be appreciated.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

I don't know personally (and by the lack of replies the MGS forum isn't sure either).

One strategy to get an answer might be to participate in one of the TXG Lives that they do on Tuesday nights (Victoria time) on Youtube. You can pitch in a bit of money to get your question prioritised as well.

Cobra F9 9.5° (Hzrdus Yellow X)

Cobra Speedzone 15° (Tensei Blue X)

Srixon H85 19° (Hzrdus Black 85 6.0)

Mizuno MP20 MMC 4-PW (KBS $ Taper 120S)

Mizuno T20 51°, 55°, 59° (KBS $ Taper 120S)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 34"

Srixon ZStar

On 10/30/2020 at 7:50 AM, Blueberry_Squishie said:

I don't know personally (and by the lack of replies the MGS forum isn't sure either).

One strategy to get an answer might be to participate in one of the TXG Lives that they do on Tuesday nights (Victoria time) on Youtube. You can pitch in a bit of money to get your question prioritised as well.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I missed out on it so ordered an evenflow blue and TS2 7 wood from Rockbottom

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Not sure if this helps or hinders your request, but I'm currently playing the 917 F2 with the same Evenflow Blue 6.5 75g. To me it feels good and performs well BUT I just got the adaptor in the mail and want to compare it with my long-time fave UST Pro Force V2 Black 6F4 (I know.. not answering your question :P). This was my driver shaft for about a year and when I got picked for the Fuji Motore X testing, I tip trimmed it to 3 wood length and put it in my previous 3 wood and what a fantastic 3 wood shaft! IMO this is probably one of the most underrated aftermarket shafts you will find. I really think that the price point of $60 automatically eliminates it from most people's radars as a "premium" shaft but it's every bit as good as a $300+ option. 

Understanding my swing profile a little better from doing the Fuji test, I'm very heavily considering getting the V2 F5X to do a head to head with the Motore X. 

I will be doing a comparison of the 2 - 3 wood shafts here shortly if there's any interest. 

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG