Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Upgrading my wife's set, when to get fitted?

Ryan M

I hope this is the appropriate forum for this.

I bought my wife a set of Wilson Ladies Profile HL clubs about 5 years ago as a starter set to see if she got into it. She has been playing more and more each year and I think I am to the point of upgrading her to a new set. I don't think she is to the point of getting fitted, and I would really like her to take a few lessons (will work on that separately). However, I want to get her upgraded to some higher quality equipment.

The Wilson set includes: 1W (13.5*), 5W, 4H, 5-P, S, putter

I know that you should always get fitted for clubs. I get it, however, her swing is still evolving and I hate to get her fitted for clubs now that won't be right in a year or 2. I also get the argument that it is better to spend money on lessons rather than fitting. I do plan to get her lessons this next season (if she will do them). It is like pulling teeth to get her to go to the driving range or putting green!

What I was thinking is that I would like to get her some higher quality clubs, but not top-end or fitted. Then get lessons, work on her swing for another 2-3 years, then get her fitted.

Am I being foolish and the Wilson set is better than I think it is and she should continue to play it until she is ready to get fitted? Or is it good to get her an upgraded set off-the-shelf? What is a good value on a med-level set of clubs off-the-shelf? Costco has a set of Callaway Edge 10-piece Women's Graphite Golf Club Set at that mid-level price. Is this the right balance of an upgrade without going for a fully fitted set? Or is this all foolishness and I should get her fitted for her full bag and spend the $1,500 hoping her swing doesn't change too drastically?

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST 🔷🔷🔷 LS, 10.5* w/ Fujikura Ventus Black 6s
Woods: :taylormade-small: M2 Tour 3W HL/16.5* w/ Mitsubishi Kuro Kage Silver 70g
Hybrids: :PXG: 0317 X GEN4 3H/19* w/ Aldila NV Green Hybrid NXT 85g
Irons: :PXG: GEN5 0311P 4-A w/ ProjectX LZ
Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX4 / :titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50*, :titelist-small: Vokey SM9 56* & 60*
Putter: :scotty-small: Studio Select Newport 1.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x
Bag: Sun Mountain C130

@Ryan M If you play golf with your wife then you might be able to see what clubs she struggles with in order to know if a new/newer set checks those boxes. (If she is reluctant to get fit)

The Costco Callaway Edge women's set $549.99 - comes one way. 

Maltby M890 from Golfworks.com

Driver $119.99

Fairway $64.99 each 3w and/or 5w

Hybrids/Irons Combo set $309.99 4h-5h+6i-Gap = 8pc (or $59.99 hybrid and $229.99 irons individually)

Specialty Sand wedge $57.99 (TSW w/Kuro Cage graphite)

$120(D)+65(5w)+310(irons)+58= $553 but, you can replace just what she needs/wants. 

The Maltby M890 clubs go down to L and even lighter LL flex. The below graphic might help picking flex. 

The link to Golfworks for the M890 great is https://www.golfworks.com/m890-series-paks/c/80020/

Specialty wedge https://www.golfworks.com/paks/c/10015/filter/100000000159eq100000000317/

And, if you order from Golfworks, you can get custom lengths, lie adjustment, and grip sizes. 

If she is willing, get fit at the stage she is at. If she has a set suited to her then she may improve faster. And, a fitting is like a lesson where they show you what your swing does to create the ball flight. 

Screenshot_20201018-201431.png

Screenshot_20201022-084758.png

Golf is simple - people are complicated.

5w Taylormade SLDR S 19* - 220yd, Ping G2 5-U - 190-105, Maltby M+ 54* & MG 60* - 95-75, Evnroll ER8, Titleist 816 H1 4h 21*, Maltby 4 Hybrid Iron 24* - 210-200, Callaway XR16 8* - 235 carry

886809507_image1(5).jpeg.56bc697c3b02b1fb00feb8d4b66389bc~2.jpeg

getting fit for clubs can benefit players at any level. if she’s still improving, she just needs to have that conversation with her fitter. he can put her into clubs that will serve her better than her current gamers now, but will still be good for her as her game gets better over the next few seasons. that’s what i did. 

@Bufflydo you work for maltby? you shill for them in every post where someone asks about clubs. 

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

I bought my wife a set of Wilson Ladies Profile HL clubs about 5 years ago as a starter set to see if she got into it. She has been playing more and more each year and I think I am to the point of upgrading her to a new set. I don't think she is to the point of getting fitted, and I would really like her to take a few lessons (will work on that separately). However, I want to get her upgraded to some higher quality equipment.

I know that you should always get fitted for clubs. I get it, however, her swing is still evolving and I hate to get her fitted for clubs now that won't be right in a year or 2. I also get the argument that it is better to spend money on lessons rather than fitting. I do plan to get her lessons this next season (if she will do them). It is like pulling teeth to get her to go to the driving range or putting green!

What I was thinking is that I would like to get her some higher quality clubs, but not top-end or fitted. Then get lessons, work on her swing for another 2-3 years, then get her fitted.

Am I being foolish and the Wilson set is better than I think it is and she should continue to play it until she is ready to get fitted? Or is it good to get her an upgraded set off-the-shelf? What is a good value on a med-level set of clubs off-the-shelf? Costco has a set of Callaway Edge 10-piece Women's Graphite Golf Club Set at that mid-level price. Is this the right balance of an upgrade without going for a fully fitted set? Or is this all foolishness and I should get her fitted for her full bag and spend the $1,500 hoping her swing doesn't change too drastically?

Your situation is almost identical to ours. My wife had been playing for about 6 years with a Idea box set I bought her at DSG. During the six years she did ok but struggled with her long clubs. She did have lessons and both her instructor and I both urged her to get to the range to practice, getting her there was an impossible chore.

2 years ago she watched me go through a fitting and thought that process would be good for her game. She was really excited about going through the process and of course getting new shiny stuff. Today, while she doesn't practice as much as I do, she's on the driving range more than ever, is focused on her game and even got ARRCOS sensors. New clubs were a major confidence booster.

Oh and she dropped 10 strokes this year, and won most improved player at our club. Not bad for a 75 yr old gal.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

5 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

getting fit for clubs can benefit players at any level. if she’s still improving, she just needs to have that conversation with her fitter. he can put her into clubs that will serve her better than her current gamers now, but will still be good for her as her game gets better over the next few seasons. that’s what i did. 

@Bufflydo you work for maltby? you shill for them in every post where someone asks about clubs. 

I don't work for them. I just play Maltby Wedges and driving irons, and own two other iron sets from them. I find them to be the best value on the market for me equipment. 

I like how he designs clubs for the Amateur and how he has a different build philosophy for women's clubs than most OEMs. He designs women's clubs to actually have heavier head weights to match the shorter length of the club. Other OEMs just use standard head weights with lighter shafts and smaller grips in shorter length that only makes the club lighter and not more effective. I respect him for that. 

I recommend Maltby because I can't see spending over $1,000 for a set of irons, I like how you can have them custom built, and I am a techy nerd that loves the details. 

I am also a proponent of buying used equipment from the big 3 (Ping, Titleist, Callaway) and little 5 (Cobra, Mizuno, Cleveland, Srixon, Tour Edge) but, what they offer in women's and slower swingers is limited to Senior flex - mostly. 

I am a low income golfer - like an oxymoron - two conflicting terms. After this past weekend's event at Sherwood, I looked up what it took to play there - a country club membership is $85,000 + monthly dues + quarterly dining minimums. I offer cheaper alternative when I see an opportunity because I like to play golf for less than $30/round. 

5w Taylormade SLDR S 19* - 220yd, Ping G2 5-U - 190-105, Maltby M+ 54* & MG 60* - 95-75, Evnroll ER8, Titleist 816 H1 4h 21*, Maltby 4 Hybrid Iron 24* - 210-200, Callaway XR16 8* - 235 carry

9 minutes ago, Buffly said:

I am a low income golfer - like an oxymoron - two conflicting terms. After this past weekend's event at Sherwood, I looked up what it took to play there - a country club membership is $85,000 + monthly dues + quarterly dining minimums. I offer cheaper alternative when I see an opportunity because I like to play golf for less than $30/round. 

aside from your numbers being wrong, assuming someone else’s financial situation based on how you like to spend your own money doesn’t come off great. 

constantly pushing maltby clubs to the point of copying and pasting your own flex chart and loft sheet is a little over the top when i’ve never seen someone directly ask for any of that information

you have strong feelings about how to enjoy golf - that doesn’t mean you should impose them on other people looking for information on a forum. 

cheers!

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

8 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

aside from your numbers being wrong, assuming someone else’s financial situation based on how you like to spend your own money doesn’t come off great. 

constantly pushing maltby clubs to the point of copying and pasting your own flex chart and loft sheet is a little over the top when i’ve never seen someone directly ask for any of that information

you have strong feelings about how to enjoy golf - that doesn’t mean you should impose them on other people looking for information on a forum. 

cheers!

You have earned a spot in the I will never respond to you again file - your lack of respect for my point of view is disgraceful, disrespectful, and rude. I'm fine with you.

1 minute ago, Buffly said:

You have earned a spot in the I will never respond to you again file - your lack of respect for my point of view is disgraceful, disrespectful, and rude. I'm fine with you.

truly honored 

image.gif.68b2fe5786fbb5ebd8f760bfd23952da.gif

but, what they offer in women's and slower swingers is limited to Senior flex - mostly. 

Careful - while I'd agree the availability of "ladies clubs" is limited. Our experience is different, especially if the woman doesn't want pink or purple shafts/heads.  By definition my wife has a slow swing speed. She is 75 and while very active, doesn't put in a lot of time to develop an increased swing speed, although she did participate with me in my SuperSpeed protocols. Our fitter put her into a Ping 410 Plus driver with a men's CB55 senior shaft, Big Bertha irons with Recoil ESX 460 shafts. None of those would typically be considered "ladies clubs" and again they don't come in pink or purple. As mentioned above she has done great with them and this year moved her index down to a 26.5 from a 36.5.  

I can understand people being passionate about Maltby clubs - I'm just as passionate about my 410SFT driver and SZ irons. My recommendation to@ryan m is based on a real life experience of the benefits of going to a fitter vs. buying OTR clubs. And the overall cost of the fitting and the clubs was no more than a big box store.  

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

9 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Careful - while I'd agree the availability of "ladies clubs" is limited. Our experience is different, especially if the woman doesn't want pink or purple shafts/heads.  By definition my wife has a slow swing speed. She is 75 and while very active, doesn't put in a lot of time to develop an increased swing speed, although she did participate with me in my SuperSpeed protocols. Our fitter put her into a Ping 410 Plus driver with a men's CB55 senior shaft, Big Bertha irons with Recoil ESX 460 shafts. None of those would typically be considered "ladies clubs" and again they don't come in pink or purple. As mentioned above she has done great with them and this year moved her index down to a 26.5 from a 36.5.  

I can understand people being passionate about Maltby clubs - I'm just as passionate about my 410SFT driver and SZ irons. My recommendation to@ryan m is based on a real life experience of the benefits of going to a fitter vs. buying OTR clubs. And the overall cost of the fitting and the clubs was no more than a big box store.  

I totally agree. I was only offering an alternative route to golf greatness - choose your own adventure. @tony@CIC I have seen a lot of your posts and, you have great insight on this. Thanks

• 1 month later...

@Ryan M @Buffly @Chip Strokes @tony@CIC

This thread is a great example of why marriage therapy is growing business, why our political system is broke , and the world is doomed.

Instead of thinking what she might need and asking someone who loves natural light beer (maltby clubs) and is stuck in their thoughts and beliefs and clearly not willing to have an open mind... and then others chime in with opinions and boom we have the 2020 election... why don’t you simply ask her if she thinks she would enjoy golf more if you got her some nice clubs? Maybe also ask why did she start playing? my guess would be to spend time with you... so my $.02 is do less thinking for her and just ask her some questions and listen...

Driver:taylormade-small: SIM 10.5, Graphite Design Tour AD-XC 6X 

Woods:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X

Hybrid: :ping-small: G410 3&4H, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 95X 

Irons:titelist-small: T-100 3-PW, Nippon Modus 120 X 

Wedges: :mizuno-small: T20, DG TI S400, 50/56/60

Putter:  :EVNROLL: ER1.2 W/BGT Stability Shaft

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1X-Optic Yellow

Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer

[mention=97713]Ryan M[/mention] [mention=100430]Buffly[/mention] [mention=100437]Chip Strokes[/mention] [mention=68414]tony@CIC[/mention]
This thread is a great example of why marriage therapy is growing business, why our political system is broke , and the world is doomed.
Instead of thinking what she might need and asking someone who loves natural light beer (maltby clubs) and is stuck in their thoughts and beliefs and clearly not willing to have an open mind... and then others chime in with opinions and boom we have the 2020 election... why don’t you simply ask her if she thinks she would enjoy golf more if you got her some nice clubs? Maybe also ask why did she start playing? my guess would be to spend time with you... so my $.02 is do less thinking for her and just ask her some questions and listen...

The responses here generally don't paint the entire picture. In my case, what you didn't read is that my wife was with me when I got fitted last year. Her comment on the way home was "I'll bet I can play better if I got fitted". And now you know how she ended up with the new clubs. She is playing better and is a strong advocate of getting fitted.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

2 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

The responses here generally don't paint the entire picture. In my case, what you didn't read is that my wife was with me when I got fitted last year. Her comment on the way home was "I'll bet I can play better if I got fitted". And now you know how she ended up with the new clubs. She is playing better and is a strong advocate of getting fitted.

Could we all be that blessed? @tony@CIC I apologize I did miss that. That being said your wife has engaged on her own accord which is awesome. Of course you know how I feel about fitting... so critical... I don’t even fit myself because I need to stay objective and let the results play out...

On 10/26/2020 at 8:12 AM, Ryan M said:

I have several questions:

1. You say that she has been playing more and more.  That doesn't mean she likes to play... Does she?
  2. Does she play with just you or does she play with other ladies?  
  3. She doesn't want to go to the driving range or putting green.  Why?  (see #1)
  4. You are thinking about getting her new clubs.  Does she want new clubs?
  5. She's been playing for 5 years.  Do you know her swing speed?  If not, any golf store can measure it.

A fitter can determine the correct length, lie angle and shaft flex for your wife's swing, and clubs that fit can be purchased at reasonable prices.  With properly fit clubs, she may enjoy golf more and want to practice more to get better.  Let her pick the clubs, not you; she will then have a stake in the game.

My wife has been playing golf since she was 8 years old, but she took a long time off for work.  When I met her in 1999, she was still playing her persimmon woods and blades.  I called her Bam Bam.  She went to our only golf store to get new clubs, and the guy told her to warm up with a few swings while he got some drivers to demo.  He returned with a bunch of Ladies clubs; saw her swing speed on the radar; turned around and brought some senior-shafted drivers.  Since then, she has changed woods twice but she is still playing her senior flex irons.  The woods are now Ladies flex because she just got her Medicare card!!  

The point is she made the decision to get new clubs when she felt it was time to change.   BTW, she said the other day that she thought she needed new clubs.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Lots of good points above.  I'll throw in my own $0.02, for what it's worth.

Most of us here (save for @Manimal26 and some others) are not qualified to fit anyone for clubs.  Fitting does help.  I got my older daughter fit for her irons once she got into high school and stopped growing.  She plays Titleist AP1s with A-flex shafts in them that she was fitted into.  

My younger daughter is still growing.  She outgrew yet another set of US Kids clubs (I swear it happened in a week - her teacher called me over and pointed out how far she was bending over to hit the ball) a couple of months ago, grabbed her mom's old Adams A7's (which never left the garage), played her best round ever with them and decided she's done with US Kids.  Her teacher says it's fine for now and probably more sensible to use these for a while, as she'll start to swing too fast for these shafts in a few months.  At that point, I'll get her fitted.

did get her a Maltby 890 driver with the LL flex shaft built at 42" because she was gripping down to the graphite on her sister's old RBZ driver.  She loves it, she hits it well, and I won't feel a bit of regret when she outgrows it in six months.  It's not the greatest driver ever made, but it's cheaper than a similar US Kids driver, and I doubt it's lower quality than that.

A good instructor isn't necessarily going to be a good fitter, but they should be able to tell if your wife's clubs are significantly ill fitting for her.  So assuming that your wife wants to invest time and money into getting better, lessons would be a good idea before new clubs.  If you're going to buy her new clubs without a fitting, a teacher should be able to point you in the right direction after a few lessons.  But before you do anything, I'd be sure that your wife wants to put time and money into this.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

56 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

I have several questions:

1. You say that she has been playing more and more.  That doesn't mean she likes to play... Does she?
  2. Does she play with just you or does she play with other ladies?  
  3. She doesn't want to go to the driving range or putting green.  Why?  (see #1)
  4. You are thinking about getting her new clubs.  Does she want new clubs?
  5. She's been playing for 5 years.  Do you know her swing speed?  If not, any golf store can measure it.

A fitter can determine the correct length, lie angle and shaft flex for your wife's swing, and clubs that fit can be purchased at reasonable prices.  With properly fit clubs, she may enjoy golf more and want to practice more to get better.  Let her pick the clubs, not you; she will then have a stake in the game.

My wife has been playing golf since she was 8 years old, but she took a long time off for work.  When I met her in 1999, she was still playing her persimmon woods and blades.  I called her Bam Bam.  She went to our only golf store to get new clubs, and the guy told her to warm up with a few swings while he got some drivers to demo.  He returned with a bunch of Ladies clubs; saw her swing speed on the radar; turned around and brought some senior-shafted drivers.  Since then, she has changed woods twice but she is still playing her senior flex irons.  The woods are now Ladies flex because she just got her Medicare card!!  

The point is she made the decision to get new clubs when she felt it was time to change.   BTW, she said the other day that she thought she needed new clubs.  

Dude the bam bam line... I actually laughed out loud... could not agree more with you!

3 minutes ago, HardcoreLooper said:

Lots of good points above.  I'll throw in my own $0.02, for what it's worth.

Most of us here (save for @Manimal26 and some others) are not qualified to fit anyone for clubs.  Fitting does help.  I got my older daughter fit for her irons once she got into high school and stopped growing.  She plays Titleist AP1s with A-flex shafts in them that she was fitted into.  

My younger daughter is still growing.  She outgrew yet another set of US Kids clubs (I swear it happened in a week - her teacher called me over and pointed out how far she was bending over to hit the ball) a couple of months ago, grabbed her mom's old Adams A7's (which never left the garage), played her best round ever with them and decided she's done with US Kids.  Her teacher says it's fine for now and probably more sensible to use these for a while, as she'll start to swing too fast for these shafts in a few months.  At that point, I'll get her fitted.

did get her a Maltby 890 driver with the LL flex shaft built at 42" because she was gripping down to the graphite on her sister's old RBZ driver.  She loves it, she hits it well, and I won't feel a bit of regret when she outgrows it in six months.  It's not the greatest driver ever made, but it's cheaper than a similar US Kids driver, and I doubt it's lower quality than that.

A good instructor isn't necessarily going to be a good fitter, but they should be able to tell if your wife's clubs are significantly ill fitting for her.  So assuming that your wife wants to invest time and money into getting better, lessons would be a good idea before new clubs.  If you're going to buy her new clubs without a fitting, a teacher should be able to point you in the right direction after a few lessons.  But before you do anything, I'd be sure that your wife wants to put time and money into this.

@HardcoreLooper appreciate the props, but not sure if I am even qualified to operate a motor vehicle let alone be trusted with someone’s investment 😆...  however your statement on instruction could not be more true... I could go on and on and on and on about how people get hosed and how I can not stand it...but I will get to the point and that’s to be cautious with both fitters and instructors... places like Golftec where everything is under one roof could be dangerous. If you do not feel like your progressing like you should and the only solution is come back for a fit and buy clubs... run. Also old school green grass accounts were members buy all the clubs from the pro run faster. These guys usually have no clue but get huge kick back from OEM if the push one brand or another...

Now that being said there are some good instructors at golf tec and maybe an old school green grass pro who knows a thing or 2... always outliers... however if there is anything club champion does right it’s during a fit anything that resembles a lesson based question they refer you out to someone they make money off of... which is okay because a fitting is not a lesson... a fitting is to optimize (most cases) were your current game is at to help you get where you want to be... my problem with club champion is the way the go about optimizing...

one of the best daily fee courses around me that also has memberships partnered with a custom fitter and got rid of club sales... it has 100% benefited them and the fitter... I talked with the pro and instruction lessons have risen more people are becoming members... the fitting company is booming... i actually used to not like this company, but during the pandemic they spent their own money to promote not only themselves but the competition like them in the area. Based on where you live... they also did not close their doors or let anyone go... I have some serious respect for that and will direct people their way going forward...

also modern super high end places will have relationships with fitters or bring people in for their members... or have OEM private fittings now thanks to PXG taking all their customers.

okay I am going to stop I just typed a novel... DaVinci did not paint the Mona lisa  in one sitting... I can not rip apart all the con jobs these operations have in one post

My wife had an old set of Tommy Armor (steel shafts) which she really liked however she needed good wedges so we went to the local golf clearance outlet to buy her 2-3 Cleveland wedges. While she was testing the wedges Phil the owner bought over 3 set of womens clubs they had on special and I suggested she try them. She did not like the Callaway or the Cobra but loved the Taylormade M2. It took her a few rounds to get used to them particularly the hybrids which we also needed to buy as most womens set are 6-PW. Within a month here handicap had dropped by 4 strokes.

So yes I think  it is a good idea to get a new set, however to be fitted or not will depend on your budget. In my case she was very happy with going off the shelf and seen it as a great upgrade without spending too much - $600AUD - M2 4-5 Hybrids 6-PW, Cleveland CBX AW and SW. 

Callaway Epic Flash 9 Degree

Callaway Epic Flash 3 wood 15 Degree

Callaway Apex 21 Hybrid 19 Degree

Callaway Steelhead Pro 4-AW Irons

Cleveland 54 Degree Wedge Steel Shaft

Recoil Graphite Shafts in all Callaway

Cobra Vintage Series Stingray 40

Preferred ball - Seed 001

My wife and I were playing at a new course today and we were paired up with another couple. About halfway through the round, the guy asks if his wife try my driver (she's a lefty as well). She tried and liked it, so he said she'll have to get the ladies version of my 410 . Of course my wife pips up and says - she's playing a men's 410+ with a men's SR Alta shaft. The guy didn't say anything - I thought it was funny - but also very revealing but not surprising.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation