TESTERS WANTED! ×

New Ball Needed

MrShowbiz999

top flite gamers are currently 2 for $35 on Dick’s website 

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

12 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

top flite gamers are currently 2 for $35 on Dick’s website 

Thats about the price i am paying for TP5X Pix Practice Balls... $19.99 a dozen and then a 20% off coupon

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

4 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Thats about the price i am paying for TP5X Pix Practice Balls... $19.99 a dozen and then a 20% off coupon

i grabbed 3 dozen tp5x practice balls a while back for $19.99...didn’t have the 20% off coupon though.  that’s handy. 

mentioned the top flite price because a bunch of guys in this thread were talking about them 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

3 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

i grabbed 3 dozen tp5x practice balls a while back for $19.99...didn’t have the 20% off coupon though.  that’s handy. 

mentioned the top flite price because a bunch of guys in this thread were talking about them 

The 20% is from golfballs.com

Updated 07/15/2022
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip

Interesting. I guess the layout of the course I play every other week must change then whenever I try to play a ProV1 instead of a Duo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm just saying. Look at the MGS ball test where they showed that soft balls can actually cost you ball speed and distance. Not to mention that nowadays all balls are low spin off the driver, so it really doesn't matter if its a Pro V1 or Pinnacle.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

5 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

The 20% is from golfballs.com

found it in my email...didn’t work for me for some reason 

I'm just saying. Look at the MGS ball test where they showed that soft balls can actually cost you ball speed and distance. Not to mention that nowadays all balls are low spin off the driver, so it really doesn't matter if its a Pro V1 or Pinnacle.

It matters to me. And since it’s my money paying for the balls, and my score it’s impacting, I’ll play what’s best for me, not what you or the MGS test says. Cool? Cool.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

It matters to me. And since it’s my money paying for the balls, and my score it’s impacting, I’ll play what’s best for me, not what you or the MGS test says. Cool? Cool.

Whatever works. I'm just trying to understand your logic. Unless cost and a soft feeling ball are your main or only concerns, you're really giving up a lot of performance with a ball like the Duo and its probably hurting your game much more than its helping it.
Based upon your previous response, it seems like your mind is pretty set and you aren't open to any opinions that differ from your own. Just saying.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

15 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

found it in my email...didn’t work for me for some reason 

TP5 or TP5X?

Updated 07/15/2022

3 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

TP5 or TP5X?

tp5x pix

Whatever works. I'm just trying to understand your logic. Unless cost and a soft feeling ball are your main or only concerns, you're really giving up a lot of performance with a ball like the Duo and its probably hurting your game much more than its helping it.
Based upon your previous response, it seems like your mind is pretty set and you aren't open to any opinions that differ from your own. Just saying.

Pretty sure I was fairly explicit in my experiences but hey, feel free to ignore them and keep on blasting the same thing over and over again. I’m not relying on my opinion, I’m relying on what I have experienced repeatedly.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

6 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

tp5x pix

Too many folks on GolfWRX must have used my tip and bought too many. I don't know if the coupon was supposed to work for the Tp5/X practice ball to begin with.

Updated 07/15/2022

All . . . 

Thanks for the input, much appreciated. But please don't duke it out on this thread over golf balls; everyone is entitled to his/her opinion, which is why I reached out in the first place.

Regarding the DUO Soft, I was recommended not to play that ball as the compression made it play like a marshmallow and I would lose yardage with a ball that soft. In practice, while I played well with that ball, I did in fact lose yardage, to the tune of about 20 yards on my drives. I moved to the Bridgestone e6 soft and I did get improvement the DUO's. I purchased the Srixon Soft Feels but it has been getting really cold here in NJ so hoping it will warm up enough as expected this weekend for me to give those a test drive.

For me, performance and price are the two most important factors. Names are great, but if I am losing about a dozen balls for every 18 holes. I am literally throwing good money away buy buying more expensive balls. And since my swing is not sof fast, $50/dz balls are a major waste on me.

Going to keep all of your opinions in my decision process, will continue to look for BF pricing to stock up on other options and hope I will find the secret sauce that works best for my game. But please continue to provide your inputs . . .  

Marty

Krank Golf f11xx driver

Cobra Golf Fairway Woods (3, 5)

Tommy Armour Atomic Max Irons (4 - 9)

Tommy Armour Wedges (A, S, G, P)

Odyssey Works Versa Marxman Fang Putter

Mizuno JPX Fli-Hi Hybrid (4 & 7)

All . . . 
Thanks for the input, much appreciated. But please don't duke it out on this thread over golf balls; everyone is entitled to his/her opinion, which is why I reached out in the first place.
Regarding the DUO Soft, I was recommended not to play that ball as the compression made it play like a marshmallow and I would lose yardage with a ball that soft. In practice, while I played well with that ball, I did in fact lose yardage, to the tune of about 20 yards on my drives. I moved to the Bridgestone e6 soft and I did get improvement the DUO's. I purchased the Srixon Soft Feels but it has been getting really cold here in NJ so hoping it will warm up enough as expected this weekend for me to give those a test drive.
For me, performance and price are the two most important factors. Names are great, but if I am losing about a dozen balls for every 18 holes. I am literally throwing good money away buy buying more expensive balls. And since my swing is not sof fast, $50/dz balls are a major waste on me.
Going to keep all of your opinions in my decision process, will continue to look for BF pricing to stock up on other options and hope I will find the secret sauce that works best for my game. But please continue to provide your inputs . . .  

You can find titleist Prov practice/x outs pretty regularly for around $25-$30. Could be something to look at!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

Hammer Distance x-outs. There should be a Black Friday deal available to stack on. Reviews are not great. But, they may serve their purpose for someone who loses a lot of balls. 

https://www.golfgalaxy.com/p/top-flite-hammer-x-out-golf-balls-48-pack-20tflm2020tfhmmrxgbl/20tflm2020tfhmmrxgbl

Edited by NC Golfer

On 11/18/2020 at 12:10 PM, MrShowbiz999 said:

All . . . 

Re-reading your post, I'd give a hard look at the Dicks Hammer Controls. They are better then the distance model. Also, likely they will be 3 for 30 (15 ball packs) during Black Friday. Reviews say they are similar and a little better than the previous gen D2+ Feel. 

Just checked out the Hammer Control, they are on sale 2 for $25 on the pre-Black Friday sale. Do you think those will drop next Friday? If so, might be worth a try.

Marty

Krank Golf f11xx driver

Cobra Golf Fairway Woods (3, 5)

Tommy Armour Atomic Max Irons (4 - 9)

Tommy Armour Wedges (A, S, G, P)

Odyssey Works Versa Marxman Fang Putter

Mizuno JPX Fli-Hi Hybrid (4 & 7)

On 11/21/2020 at 12:27 AM, MrShowbiz999 said:

Just checked out the Hammer Control, they are on sale 2 for $25 on the pre-Black Friday sale. Do you think those will drop next Friday? If so, might be worth a try.

I think so. Either 3 for 30 and or a $10.00 off coupon. 2 for 25 is year round.  They are a medium-firm 2 piece ball with feel. They replace the D2+ Feel.

Edited by NC Golfer