Our Sponsors

Hello Friends -

41020A88-1F11-497C-9780-0D54B9C9FABF.gif.107d1585f9ad0602ad0e1c77d52fc338.gif

It wouldn’t be The Masters if I didn’t start this thread a few weeks early.

It is a little late in the year, but a spectacular sight at Augusta.  (A little foreshadowing), check out the fall colors and how green the grass is.  Coming off of his US Open Win, Bryson DeChambeau looks to add another notch in his Masters belt... with a 48” driver no doubt.

Back from injury is the nemesis of BAD himself, Mr. Brooks Koepka ladies and gentlemen is hungry, hungry for a win, and and adding the green jacket to his impressive 4 major titles.

Rory McIlroy, a new father has his eyes set on the green jacket himself.  It would bring him to another plateau.

Some past winners in the mix at Augusta, Phil, Tiger, Sergio, Danny Willet..🤷🏼‍♂️, and Freddy... among many others, including Patrick Reed, and Adam Scott.

Unfortunately, the Par 3 event has been canceled.... so hopefully we get to see the starters out there.  I wouldn’t mind them bringing another past winner into the fold.

to tide over for the Bermuda championship, please enjoy these Gifs.

CD80CE4B-66EA-427C-8667-BC5044748FCB.gif

C4D05D9A-4FFE-4CFE-BA81-83EB1F91BD65.gif

6078A537-0427-4408-83BA-507471C7815D.gif

FD6903AC-05B8-4535-B854-F894E037A4B3.gif

188DCC87-01AE-4E92-BA2A-EF32675F96B9.gif

• Like 8
  • Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got a head start on tomorrow's lunch: smoked pork sandwiches, chips, bottle of Coke, and peach ice cream sandwiches!  

I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE this!!!!

This is how we do the masters at work

Posted Images

Sad to see the Par 3 event canceled this year but should be back next year.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Really looking forward to this!!! It will for sure be the Masters in a different light. Fall colors, Fall weather, and I am sure the course will play different too. I agree with [mention=69092]Rickp[/mention] sad to not see the Par 3 event this year but hopefully it'll be back next year. 

Side question. If this event goes well or plays different and the players and fans like it. What are the chances they move it to the fall again in the future?

• Like 1

2020 TESTER Ben Hogan UiHi 18* Utility Iron

Driver:     - Anser - 8.5* - Fujikara Red Blur 005 XStiff - Standard L/L

3W:     - SQ Sumo - Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana Stiff - Standard L/L

Hybrid 3:     - Machspeed - UST Mamiya AXIVCore XStiff -Standard L/L

Irons:      - Idea Black CB3  4-GW - KBS Tour Stiff+ - Standard L/L

Wedges:    - Vokey 52*, 54*, 60* - True Temper Wedge - Standard L/L

Putter:     - Versa Blade - 35in

Ball:      NXT Tour

Bag:  - Ultra Light Cart Bag  

Loc: USA/MD

Handicap: 13

Can’t wait!!!!

• Like 1

Driver: :honma: TR20 460, :Fuji: Ventus Black 70X

Fwy: :titelist-small: TS3, 15*, Veylix Rome 888 X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4/5, Tour V 6-10, Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Platinum M5 HT Mallet, 36"

I am curious to see if Brooks can pull it off here . I’ve been thinking about it, the course (from what I’ve seen in video and pictures) does not set up well for a fader.  Sure Jack and Tiger both favored the fade, but that’s Jack and Tiger.  Yes they can move the ball around with ease, but stock faders.

Faders:

Jack

Ben

Tiger

Freddy

Bubba (doesn’t count)

Sergio

Speith

I know I am missing a ton.

Drawers:

Patrick Reed

Adam Scott

And I’m drawing a blank...

maybe it is a faders course.

The Wild and Crazy:

Seve

wht do you think?

My list is not all inclusive, but it seems that it leans towards the fade club?

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, Shankster said:

I am curious to see if Brooks can pull it off here . I’ve been thinking about it, the course (from what I’ve seen in video and pictures) does not set up well for a fader.  Sure Jack and Tiger both favored the fade, but that’s Jack and Tiger.  Yes they can move the ball around with ease, but stock faders.

Faders:

Jack

Ben

Tiger

Freddy

Bubba (doesn’t count)

Sergio

Speith

I know I am missing a ton.

Drawers:

Patrick Reed

Adam Scott

And I’m drawing a blank...

maybe it is a faders course.

The Wild and Crazy:

Seve

wht do you think?

My list is not all inclusive, but it seems that it leans towards the fade club?

Personally, I've always liked "straight".  Not as easy to get into trouble.

However, I'm not sure that BAD has the short game for Augusta.  He could surprise me.  I am also not ruling out Phil, unless he goes crazy wild.  If Brooks is on his game, he could be tough to beat, but he hasn't shown his old form yet.  DJ has a better chance.

Personally, I'm liking one of the young guns for a first Masters win... Morikawa, Xander, Wolff, Cantley; just don't know which one.  Oh yeah,  JT... he's hungry!!

• Like 3

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

16 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Personally, I've always liked "straight".  Not as easy to get into trouble.

However, I'm not sure that BAD has the short game for Augusta.  He could surprise me.  I am also not ruling out Phil, unless he goes crazy wild.  If Brooks is on his game, he could be tough to beat, but he hasn't shown his old form yet.  DJ has a better chance.

Personally, I'm liking one of the young guns for a first Masters win... Morikawa, Xander, Wolff, Cantley; just don't know which one.  Oh yeah,  JT... he's hungry!!

I just don’t know what it is about that group of young guns.  I have a hard time not falling asleep when they are at the top.  JT would be cool...

Speaking of firsts.  Wouldn’t it be cool if C Hoff won?  Not sure if he is even going to be in the field.

• Like 1

Should be fun to see the different condition though given that the greens are the same should still be a good challenge. Lot of great players with a chance, even if BADs short game it a bit worse the distance might be to much. I am sure the dispersion from 100 yards out even for him is much tighter than anyone at 150. Of course Brooks has a chance though coming off and injury can be tough, and of course DJ is usually in the hunt. Should be a fun one to watch, can't wait.

• Like 2

Follow My Super Speed Progress Here 

Cobra Golf Vector Logo - (.SVG   .PNG) - FindVectorLogo.Com Cobra Speedzone Extreme 9° Mitshubishi Tensei AV Blue 65 Stiff Flex

:taylormade-small: '07 Burner 15° Reax 50 Stiff Flex

:titelist-small: 816 H1 18° Fujikura Speeder HB 8.8 Stiff Flex

:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff Flex

:ping-small:  I500 5 - UW Red Dot Dynamic Gold S300

:cleveland-small: CG16 56°/12 Stock Traction Steel Wedge Flex

:cleveland-small: Tour Action 60° 2 Dot Stock Traction Steel Wedge Flex

:ping-small:  Karsten Series Anser Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0

Right Handed

Cantlay has both the game and the current hot streak to get it done in Augusta.  It sure will be odd not seeing the magnolias, azaleas, and flowering dogwoods in bloom.  I agree that JT is in slow burn after the mental lapses on the closing 9 last week and will undoubtedly be bringing an extra gear and level of focus. I don't care who wins.  I'm just glad the tour is playing and we won't go a golf year without The Masters... the greatest venue in all of sports IMHO.

• Like 3

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

18 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Cantlay has both the game and the current hot streak to get it done in Augusta.  It sure will be odd not seeing the magnolias, azaleas, and flowering dogwoods in bloom.  I agree that JT is in slow burn after the mental lapses on the closing 9 last week and will undoubtedly be bringing an extra gear and level of focus. I don't care who wins.  I'm just glad the tour is playing and we won't go a golf year without The Masters... the greatest venue in all of sports IMHO.

I am really wondering if they’ll figure out how to make the leaves more colorful.  I imagine it would be a spectacle of sorts.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Shankster said:

I am really wondering if they’ll figure out how to make the leaves more colorful.  I imagine it would be a spectacle of sorts.

HD Photoshop?🙂

• Like 1

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

25 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

HD Photoshop?🙂

In 101k.  Is that a thing yet?  Or are we still in the 5k era?

• Like 1

Well, I think Jon Rahm should be a pick high on everybody's list. Since 2010, of people with at least 12 rounds played at ANGC, he leads everyone in both Par 4 and Par 5 scoring. The only issue is his Par 3 play is 62nd out of 97.

I think Bryson is a solid pick as well. I'm really interested in seeing how he attacks the course.

But, I'd love for #16 and #83 to drop.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, FrogginBullfish said:

Well, I think Jon Rahm should be a pick high on everybody's list. Since 2010, of people with at least 12 rounds played at ANGC, he leads everyone in both Par 4 and Par 5 scoring. The only issue is his Par 3 play is 62nd out of 97.

I think Bryson is a solid pick as well. I'm really interested in seeing how he attacks the course.

But, I'd love for #16 and #83 to drop.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Yeah.  I wouldn’t mind 16 either.  

1 hour ago, Shankster said:

Do you suppose they will have grounds crew dressed in whites picking up every leaf as they fall??  🤣

• Like 2

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

2 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

I agree on Cantley.  I picked him to win last week.  I'm just not sure if he knows how to play Augusta yet.  He has the tools, but I'm not sure he knows where the misses have to be.  Spieth figured it out early in his career with help from Ben Crenshaw.  Too bad Spieth lost his tools.

• Like 1

I'm really excited to see Bryson knock it around the course. He's been hyping it up with his instagram videos and such! Going to be fun to watch.

• Like 1

My favorite tournament by far, really looking forward to it. Not sure what to expect playing in November with no fans. I’d like to see JT or Rickie win BUT predicting winners is impossible, I’ll be happy for any winner as long as it’s not Sergio or Bryson.

• Like 4
  • Callaway Rogue 10.5° 9.5°D & 3W
  • Mizuno JPX900 Forged 4-GW, S18 56.10, S18 60.06
  • Evnroll ER5B (replaced ER2)
  • and 14th club - Mizuno CLK 3H 19° OR MP-20 HMB 3i 19°
  • Snell MTB-X (replaced Black)
12 hours ago, Shankster said:

I wonder what Tiger has planned for his champions dinner?

Ask Fuzzy Zoeller.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2