TESTERS WANTED! ×

The Masters*

Shankster

Hello Friends -

41020A88-1F11-497C-9780-0D54B9C9FABF.gif.107d1585f9ad0602ad0e1c77d52fc338.gif

It wouldn’t be The Masters if I didn’t start this thread a few weeks early.

It is a little late in the year, but a spectacular sight at Augusta.  (A little foreshadowing), check out the fall colors and how green the grass is.  Coming off of his US Open Win, Bryson DeChambeau looks to add another notch in his Masters belt... with a 48” driver no doubt.

Back from injury is the nemesis of BAD himself, Mr. Brooks Koepka ladies and gentlemen is hungry, hungry for a win, and and adding the green jacket to his impressive 4 major titles.

Rory McIlroy, a new father has his eyes set on the green jacket himself.  It would bring him to another plateau.

Some past winners in the mix at Augusta, Phil, Tiger, Sergio, Danny Willet..🤷🏼‍♂️, and Freddy... among many others, including Patrick Reed, and Adam Scott.

Unfortunately, the Par 3 event has been canceled.... so hopefully we get to see the starters out there.  I wouldn’t mind them bringing another past winner into the fold.

to tide over for the Bermuda championship, please enjoy these Gifs.

CD80CE4B-66EA-427C-8667-BC5044748FCB.gif

C4D05D9A-4FFE-4CFE-BA81-83EB1F91BD65.gif

6078A537-0427-4408-83BA-507471C7815D.gif

FD6903AC-05B8-4535-B854-F894E037A4B3.gif

188DCC87-01AE-4E92-BA2A-EF32675F96B9.gif

Sad to see the Par 3 event canceled this year but should be back next year.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Really looking forward to this!!! It will for sure be the Masters in a different light. Fall colors, Fall weather, and I am sure the course will play different too. I agree with [mention=69092]Rickp[/mention] sad to not see the Par 3 event this year but hopefully it'll be back next year. 

Side question. If this event goes well or plays different and the players and fans like it. What are the chances they move it to the fall again in the future?

2020 TESTER Ben Hogan UiHi 18* Utility Iron

Driver:     - Anser - 8.5* - Fujikara Red Blur 005 XStiff - Standard L/L

3W:     - SQ Sumo - Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana Stiff - Standard L/L

Hybrid 3:     - Machspeed - UST Mamiya AXIVCore XStiff -Standard L/L

Irons:      - Idea Black CB3  4-GW - KBS Tour Stiff+ - Standard L/L

Wedges:    - Vokey 52*, 54*, 60* - True Temper Wedge - Standard L/L

Putter:     - Versa Blade - 35in

Ball:      NXT Tour

Bag:  - Ultra Light Cart Bag  

Loc: USA/MD

Handicap: 13

Can’t wait!!!!

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

I am curious to see if Brooks can pull it off here . I’ve been thinking about it, the course (from what I’ve seen in video and pictures) does not set up well for a fader.  Sure Jack and Tiger both favored the fade, but that’s Jack and Tiger.  Yes they can move the ball around with ease, but stock faders.

Faders:

Jack

Ben

Tiger

Freddy

Bubba (doesn’t count)

Sergio

Speith

I know I am missing a ton.

Drawers:

Patrick Reed

Adam Scott

And I’m drawing a blank...

maybe it is a faders course.

The Wild and Crazy:

Seve

wht do you think?

My list is not all inclusive, but it seems that it leans towards the fade club?

40 minutes ago, Shankster said:

I am curious to see if Brooks can pull it off here . I’ve been thinking about it, the course (from what I’ve seen in video and pictures) does not set up well for a fader.  Sure Jack and Tiger both favored the fade, but that’s Jack and Tiger.  Yes they can move the ball around with ease, but stock faders.

Faders:

Jack

Ben

Tiger

Freddy

Bubba (doesn’t count)

Sergio

Speith

I know I am missing a ton.

Drawers:

Patrick Reed

Adam Scott

And I’m drawing a blank...

maybe it is a faders course.

The Wild and Crazy:

Seve

wht do you think?

My list is not all inclusive, but it seems that it leans towards the fade club?

Personally, I've always liked "straight".  Not as easy to get into trouble.

However, I'm not sure that BAD has the short game for Augusta.  He could surprise me.  I am also not ruling out Phil, unless he goes crazy wild.  If Brooks is on his game, he could be tough to beat, but he hasn't shown his old form yet.  DJ has a better chance.

Personally, I'm liking one of the young guns for a first Masters win... Morikawa, Xander, Wolff, Cantley; just don't know which one.  Oh yeah,  JT... he's hungry!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

16 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Personally, I've always liked "straight".  Not as easy to get into trouble.

However, I'm not sure that BAD has the short game for Augusta.  He could surprise me.  I am also not ruling out Phil, unless he goes crazy wild.  If Brooks is on his game, he could be tough to beat, but he hasn't shown his old form yet.  DJ has a better chance.

Personally, I'm liking one of the young guns for a first Masters win... Morikawa, Xander, Wolff, Cantley; just don't know which one.  Oh yeah,  JT... he's hungry!!

I just don’t know what it is about that group of young guns.  I have a hard time not falling asleep when they are at the top.  JT would be cool...

Speaking of firsts.  Wouldn’t it be cool if C Hoff won?  Not sure if he is even going to be in the field.

Should be fun to see the different condition though given that the greens are the same should still be a good challenge. Lot of great players with a chance, even if BADs short game it a bit worse the distance might be to much. I am sure the dispersion from 100 yards out even for him is much tighter than anyone at 150. Of course Brooks has a chance though coming off and injury can be tough, and of course DJ is usually in the hunt. Should be a fun one to watch, can't wait.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

Cantlay has both the game and the current hot streak to get it done in Augusta.  It sure will be odd not seeing the magnolias, azaleas, and flowering dogwoods in bloom.  I agree that JT is in slow burn after the mental lapses on the closing 9 last week and will undoubtedly be bringing an extra gear and level of focus. I don't care who wins.  I'm just glad the tour is playing and we won't go a golf year without The Masters... the greatest venue in all of sports IMHO.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

18 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Cantlay has both the game and the current hot streak to get it done in Augusta.  It sure will be odd not seeing the magnolias, azaleas, and flowering dogwoods in bloom.  I agree that JT is in slow burn after the mental lapses on the closing 9 last week and will undoubtedly be bringing an extra gear and level of focus. I don't care who wins.  I'm just glad the tour is playing and we won't go a golf year without The Masters... the greatest venue in all of sports IMHO.

I am really wondering if they’ll figure out how to make the leaves more colorful.  I imagine it would be a spectacle of sorts.

4 minutes ago, Shankster said:

I am really wondering if they’ll figure out how to make the leaves more colorful.  I imagine it would be a spectacle of sorts.

HD Photoshop?🙂

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Well, I think Jon Rahm should be a pick high on everybody's list. Since 2010, of people with at least 12 rounds played at ANGC, he leads everyone in both Par 4 and Par 5 scoring. The only issue is his Par 3 play is 62nd out of 97.

I think Bryson is a solid pick as well. I'm really interested in seeing how he attacks the course.

But, I'd love for #16 and #83 to drop.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

DRIVER PXG 0811XF GEN4 (10.5°)

FAIRWAY WOODS PXG 0341XF GEN4 (16°)

HYBRIDS PXG 0317XF GEN4 (19°), PXG 0317X GEN4 (22°)

IRONS PXG 0311T GEN3 (5 - 9)

WEDGES TAYLORMADE MG3 (45°, 50°, 55° TW Grind, 60° TW Grind)

PUTTER PXG BATTLE READY ONE & DONE

28 minutes ago, FrogginBullfish said:

Well, I think Jon Rahm should be a pick high on everybody's list. Since 2010, of people with at least 12 rounds played at ANGC, he leads everyone in both Par 4 and Par 5 scoring. The only issue is his Par 3 play is 62nd out of 97.

I think Bryson is a solid pick as well. I'm really interested in seeing how he attacks the course.

But, I'd love for #16 and #83 to drop.

Yeah.  I wouldn’t mind 16 either.  

1 hour ago, Shankster said:

Do you suppose they will have grounds crew dressed in whites picking up every leaf as they fall??  🤣

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

2 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

I agree on Cantley.  I picked him to win last week.  I'm just not sure if he knows how to play Augusta yet.  He has the tools, but I'm not sure he knows where the misses have to be.  Spieth figured it out early in his career with help from Ben Crenshaw.  Too bad Spieth lost his tools.

My favorite tournament by far, really looking forward to it. Not sure what to expect playing in November with no fans. I’d like to see JT or Rickie win BUT predicting winners is impossible, I’ll be happy for any winner as long as it’s not Sergio or Bryson.

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

I read a stat that Bryson is dead last (58th) of eligible players in strokes gained at Augusta. That could be attributed to them not allowing green books during rounds.

I’m sure he’s spending every waking moment studying them in preparation but he’s still someone who relies heavily on in-round notes and tools. 

I am hoping to see a first time winner so I’ll throw these three...Collin, Finau, Wolff. 

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

And Nike just announced these Masters tribute shoes...take my damn money 🤦🏼‍♂️

BA5ECB1F-FE4A-43EE-AC9D-AC168333CFD3.jpeg

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

3 hours ago, bens197 said:

And Nike just announced these Masters tribute shoes...take my damn money 🤦🏼‍♂️

BA5ECB1F-FE4A-43EE-AC9D-AC168333CFD3.jpeg

Cutting costs??  Nike only putting 2 spikes on each shoe??  Looks like a size 4.

And Nike just announced these Masters tribute shoes...take my damn money

BA5ECB1F-FE4A-43EE-AC9D-AC168333CFD3.jpeg.67f2bc76d8e83bcda00a3288ebc6ae0c.jpeg
That's uuuuuuugly....

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

My favorite tournament by far, really looking forward to it. Not sure what to expect playing in November with no fans. I’d like to see JT or Rickie win BUT predicting winners is impossible, I’ll be happy for any winner as long as it’s not Sergio or Bryson.

I will second this. I’m going with Spieth, he hasn’t had the Masters yet this year to fix his game. I think Augusta will cure him.

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

55 minutes ago, HeathS16 said:

I will second this. I’m going with Spieth, he hasn’t had the Masters yet this year to fix his game. I think Augusta will cure him.

I thought about this for a while a few days ago.  I’ll probably end up regretting it later, but I don’t think he will win again.  Not any time soon anyways.  I hope he proves me wrong.

I thought about this for a while a few days ago.  I’ll probably end up regretting it later, but I don’t think he will win again.  Not any time soon anyways.  I hope he proves me wrong.

Hard to imagine it since he has been in the wilderness...I get it but Augusta just has some effect one him. I still believe, not sure I’ll ever bet against him at the Masters.

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

Saw a tweet from Scott Fawcett that ANGC have repositioned a tree on the left hand side of 13 to try to stop people cutting the corner off the tee.

Just a rumour right now, but wouldn't surprise me if we see some trees in new positions either at the November edition or the April edition next year.

I'm still a bit surprised they haven't yet utilized the land they bought behind 13 tee to lengthen the hole.

DRIVER PXG 0811XF GEN4 (10.5°)

FAIRWAY WOODS PXG 0341XF GEN4 (16°)

HYBRIDS PXG 0317XF GEN4 (19°), PXG 0317X GEN4 (22°)

IRONS PXG 0311T GEN3 (5 - 9)

WEDGES TAYLORMADE MG3 (45°, 50°, 55° TW Grind, 60° TW Grind)

PUTTER PXG BATTLE READY ONE & DONE

22 minutes ago, FrogginBullfish said:

Saw a tweet from Scott Fawcett that ANGC have repositioned a tree on the left hand side of 13 to try to stop people cutting the corner off the tee.

Just a rumour right now, but wouldn't surprise me if we see some trees in new positions either at the November edition or the April edition next year.

I'm still a bit surprised they haven't yet utilized the land they bought behind 13 tee to lengthen the hole.

I agree, but why mess it up?  It’s just such a great golf course.  Sometimes you just have to leave stuff alone.