TESTERS WANTED! ×

The Masters*

Shankster

5 minutes ago, cnosil said:

While they may not be winning every week,  they are scoring lower on average that the shorter hitters.   Lou Stagner provides lots of data on twitter that shows this. 

So in addition to long and accurate, you must have that winning gene in the helix 🙂.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

4 hours ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

Not sure if Jeff Knox has been mentioned in the 18 page thread but this story is pretty cool.... dude has the course record 61 !!

https://golf.com/news/mysterious-augusta-national-marker-jeff-knox/

Yea we definitely talked about him earlier in the thread.  We were saying that Masters.com should have made him one of the featured groups. 

He seems to get to play every year due to some circumstances.  He often beats the pro he’s paired with.  

Pretty cool indeed. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

This is a really good piece from a very good writer.  I know the Athletic is a pay site, but to me it's worth every penny,.

https://theathletic.com/2198857/2020/11/15/walking-through-the-many-misconceptions-of-dustin-johnson-masters-champion/

21 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

This is a really good piece from a very good writer.  I know the Athletic is a pay site, but to me it's worth every penny,.

https://theathletic.com/2198857/2020/11/15/walking-through-the-many-misconceptions-of-dustin-johnson-masters-champion/

I have no misconceptions. DJ is a phenomenal golfer, one of the early physically dominant players, and he lapped the field at Augusta.  What is surprising to many (self included) is just how impressive his record is... and very likely to become. 40 something PGA wins and more than a handful of majors is my guess.  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

I have no misconceptions. DJ is a phenomenal golfer, one of the early physically dominant players, and he lapped the field at Augusta.  What is surprising to many (self included) is just how impressive his record is... and very likely to become. 40 something PGA wins and more than a handful of majors is my guess.  

Yes, 24 current victories with 2 being Majors is definitely Hall of Fame worthy.   He said in his interview that he may play another 8 to 10 years.  So getting 16 victories in that span would quite astounding.  But I can definitely see another 2-3 Majors if he doesn't let too many chances get away from him as he did in the past. 

A little surprising to me, though The Masters isn't usually up against the NFL...

Michael McCarthy for Front Office Sports…”With golf’s greatest tournament competing head-to-head with NFL programming for the first time, the 2020 Masters plunged to new lows in TV ratings and audiences.”
  • “CBS Sports’ telecast of Sunday’s final round averaged a 3.4 TV rating and 5.59 million viewers, according to Sports Media Watch. That was down 51% in ratings and 48% in viewership from Tiger Woods’ epic victory in 2019.”
  • “Dustin Johnson’s first Masters win generated the lowest-rated Masters Sunday since the pre-Arnold Palmer days of 1957, and the least-watched final round since that number started being tracked in 1995.”
  • “CBS’ Sunday Masters coverage was still the highest-rated and most-watched golf event of the year thus far, beating the 3.3 rating and 5.15 million average viewers for the final round of the 2020 PGA Championship won by Collin Morikawa in August.”

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

It’s Notre Dame’s fault for beating Clemson... 

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I guess Bryson was dealing with some dizzy spells throughout the tournament. As much as I've grown to dislike him the last few months, I hope that's a one time thing as opposed to some health complications. Golf needs a bad guy to root against 😉

Right Handed

Driver: 9° :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron: 18° :Hogan: UiHi Iron (MMT Utility TX 105g shaft)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: MAXFLI Tour X

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

WITB thread here

18 minutes ago, ncwoz said:

I guess Bryson was dealing with some dizzy spells throughout the tournament. As much as I've grown to dislike him the last few months, I hope that's a one time thing as opposed to some health complications. Golf needs a bad guy to root against 😉

Oddly enough, this happens to me all the time.  I get disoriented standing over the ball.  I’ve seen doctors for it, and all they told me to do was take Dramamine... no thank you.

Happened to me at the range today... I nearly fell over.

2 hours ago, Shankster said:

Oddly enough, this happens to me all the time.  I get disoriented standing over the ball.  I’ve seen doctors for it, and all they told me to do was take Dramamine... no thank you.

Yikes, that's kinda scary!

Right Handed

Driver: 9° :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron: 18° :Hogan: UiHi Iron (MMT Utility TX 105g shaft)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: MAXFLI Tour X

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

WITB thread here

Definitely don’t like the sound of that my friend. That needs a little more investigation of the cause.

Rick

Left Hand, 

14 hours ago, Middler said:

A little surprising to me, though The Masters isn't usually up against the NFL...

Not really surprising at all.  NFL is the ratings king.  It demolishes anything it goes against, sports or non.  Even non game NFL content such as the draft beats even the best Prime Time TV shows. 

The Masters moved to the early morning start to try and avoid going directly against a game on Fox.  And wanted to be off the air in time so it didn’t lose a prime 4:00/4:25 game.  

The fact DJ had a 4 stroke lead over relatively unknown—to casual golf fans—players didn’t help either. 

1 hour ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

The fact DJ had a 4 stroke lead over relatively unknown—to casual golf fans—players didn’t help either.

Bingo! There didn't seem to be any drama this year like some past years when there were a couple contenders vying for the win on the last day. Plus no "well known names" (aka: Tiger or Phil) to the masses didn't seem to help the ratings either.

Oddly, the whole Masters felt subdued without the crowds, so I wonder what impact that might have had on ratings and viewer experience?

In my :ping-small: Hoofer:

:ping-small: G410 LST 10.5* - Kai'Li White 60 X-flex

:nike-small: VRS Covert 3W 15* - Kuro Kage 65 S-flex

:titelist-small:  T200 4-GW, DG X100 Tour Issue - Tester

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth 54.12 SS & 58.10 SS

:ping-small:  Zing 2 LW - 60*

:ping-small:  Anser 2

8 minutes ago, Tarheelvolvo said:

Bingo! There didn't seem to be any drama this year like some past years when there were a couple contenders vying for the win on the last day. Plus no "well known names" (aka: Tiger or Phil) to the masses didn't seem to help the ratings either.

Oddly, the whole Masters felt subdued without the crowds, so I wonder what impact that might have had on ratings and viewer experience?

Article published yesterday that the Masters on Sunday was the lowest rating since 1957. Last year 10.3 million viewers and this year 5.6. Last years ratings were 6.9 and this year 3.4. There was also a mention that having football on at the same time hurt them. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

Right @Tom the Golf Nut, understand the football competition they ran into this year vs past years. Was also pointing out that DJ's 4-stroke lead also didn't help since there was no drama to even engage more devoted fans.

1 hour ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Article published yesterday that the Masters on Sunday was the lowest rating since 1957. Last year 10.3 million viewers and this year 5.6. Last years ratings were 6.9 and this year 3.4. There was also a mention that having football on at the same time hurt them. 

Posted above 

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

49 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Let’s face it though.  The majority of sports watchers are going to pick football over golf most of the time.  I bet If Tiger Woods was about to win jacket 6... those numbers would look a little different. 

Exactly my point. Love him or hate him, Tiger is a very big draw for casual golf viewers and since DJ had such a big lead heading into sunday, it almost made it a foregone conclusion he would pull it out unless something catastrophic happened...you know, like scoring a 10 on a hole...

Funny enough, I recall watching sports center and even just evening news and all the mentions were "yeah, DJ won, set a record, BUT DID YOU SEE THIS 10 TIGER SHOT ON A SINGLE HOLE!!! Let's watch the reply!"

3 hours ago, Tarheelvolvo said:

Exactly my point. Love him or hate him, Tiger is a very big draw for casual golf viewers and since DJ had such a big lead heading into sunday, it almost made it a foregone conclusion he would pull it out unless something catastrophic happened...you know, like scoring a 10 on a hole...

Funny enough, I recall watching sports center and even just evening news and all the mentions were "yeah, DJ won, set a record, BUT DID YOU SEE THIS 10 TIGER SHOT ON A SINGLE HOLE!!! Let's watch the reply!"

Dang, sorry, I completely missed your first post. 

12BFD9A0-99AA-409B-B7E5-A009FA1025A5.png

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

On 11/18/2020 at 8:05 PM, ncwoz said:

Maybe because I am not a fan, but I sort of felt like it was a story to excuse his less-than-stellar golf. To me, it seems like something he would do.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

6 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

Maybe because I am not a fan, but I sort of felt like it was a story to excuse his less-than-stellar golf. To me, it seems like something he would do.

Probably.  I gave the dude a chance... but I am not sure anymore.  He’s got the whole PGA tour chasing distance.  I truly believe if Adam Scott would have stuck with his regular set up and ball he would have given DJ a run.

10 hours ago, Shankster said:

Probably.  I gave the dude a chance... but I am not sure anymore.  He’s got the whole PGA tour chasing distance.  I truly believe if Adam Scott would have stuck with his regular set up and ball he would have given DJ a run.

Bryson is no longer the distance king.   Wilco Nienaber averaged 416.5 yards off the tee in round 1 on the European tour.  85 yards longer than the average

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

5000ft above sea level on a rock hard golf course with the distance average only being measured on two holes... Impressive nonetheless but environmental factors played a huge role in it.

... with a halfway normal looking swing.  Looks nearly effortless... how?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

DRIVER PXG 0811XF GEN4 (10.5°)

FAIRWAY WOODS PXG 0341XF GEN4 (16°)

HYBRIDS PXG 0317XF GEN4 (19°), PXG 0317X GEN4 (22°)

IRONS PXG 0311T GEN3 (5 - 9)

WEDGES TAYLORMADE MG3 (45°, 50°, 55° TW Grind, 60° TW Grind)

PUTTER PXG BATTLE READY ONE & DONE

9 minutes ago, FrogginBullfish said:

5000ft above sea level on a rock hard golf course with the distance average only being measured on two holes... Impressive nonetheless but environmental factors played a huge role in it.

the roll out on that one drive i saw on sports center was massive. and it would’ve gone another 40 yards if the rough didn’t stop it 

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

I guess that’ll do it!

Rick

Left Hand,