Our Sponsors

5 minutes ago, cnosil said:

While they may not be winning every week,  they are scoring lower on average that the shorter hitters.   Lou Stagner provides lots of data on twitter that shows this. 

So in addition to long and accurate, you must have that winning gene in the helix 🙂.

• Like 1

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got a head start on tomorrow's lunch: smoked pork sandwiches, chips, bottle of Coke, and peach ice cream sandwiches!  

This is how we do the masters at work

I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE this!!!!

Posted Images

4 hours ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

Not sure if Jeff Knox has been mentioned in the 18 page thread but this story is pretty cool.... dude has the course record 61 !!

https://golf.com/news/mysterious-augusta-national-marker-jeff-knox/

Yea we definitely talked about him earlier in the thread.  We were saying that Masters.com should have made him one of the featured groups. 

He seems to get to play every year due to some circumstances.  He often beats the pro he’s paired with.  

Pretty cool indeed. 

• Like 3

:titelist-small: TSi2 Kuro Kage 50g R Flex

:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:ping-small: Heppler Tomcast 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

This is a really good piece from a very good writer.  I know the Athletic is a pay site, but to me it's worth every penny,.

https://theathletic.com/2198857/2020/11/15/walking-through-the-many-misconceptions-of-dustin-johnson-masters-champion/

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

This is a really good piece from a very good writer.  I know the Athletic is a pay site, but to me it's worth every penny,.

https://theathletic.com/2198857/2020/11/15/walking-through-the-many-misconceptions-of-dustin-johnson-masters-champion/

I have no misconceptions. DJ is a phenomenal golfer, one of the early physically dominant players, and he lapped the field at Augusta.  What is surprising to many (self included) is just how impressive his record is... and very likely to become. 40 something PGA wins and more than a handful of majors is my guess.  

• Like 2

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

I have no misconceptions. DJ is a phenomenal golfer, one of the early physically dominant players, and he lapped the field at Augusta.  What is surprising to many (self included) is just how impressive his record is... and very likely to become. 40 something PGA wins and more than a handful of majors is my guess.  

Yes, 24 current victories with 2 being Majors is definitely Hall of Fame worthy.   He said in his interview that he may play another 8 to 10 years.  So getting 16 victories in that span would quite astounding.  But I can definitely see another 2-3 Majors if he doesn't let too many chances get away from him as he did in the past. 

• Like 2

A little surprising to me, though The Masters isn't usually up against the NFL...

Michael McCarthy for Front Office Sports…”With golf’s greatest tournament competing head-to-head with NFL programming for the first time, the 2020 Masters plunged to new lows in TV ratings and audiences.”
  • “CBS Sports’ telecast of Sunday’s final round averaged a 3.4 TV rating and 5.59 million viewers, according to Sports Media Watch. That was down 51% in ratings and 48% in viewership from Tiger Woods’ epic victory in 2019.”
  • “Dustin Johnson’s first Masters win generated the lowest-rated Masters Sunday since the pre-Arnold Palmer days of 1957, and the least-watched final round since that number started being tracked in 1995.”
  • “CBS’ Sunday Masters coverage was still the highest-rated and most-watched golf event of the year thus far, beating the 3.3 rating and 5.15 million average viewers for the final round of the 2020 PGA Championship won by Collin Morikawa in August.”

• Callaway Rogue 10.5° & 3W
  • Mizuno CLK 3H 19°, JPX900 Forged 4-GW, S18 56.10, S18 60.06
  • Evnroll ER5B (replaced ER2)
  • Snell MTB-Black
It’s Notre Dame’s fault for beating Clemson... 

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I guess Bryson was dealing with some dizzy spells throughout the tournament. As much as I've grown to dislike him the last few months, I hope that's a one time thing as opposed to some health complications. Golf needs a bad guy to root against 😉

• Like 3

Right Handed

Driver (9°): :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

FW (15°): :callaway-logo-1: X2 Hot (Aldila Tour Green 75 Tx Stiff shaft)

Hybrid (18°): :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

Irons (PW-4)  post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS-1's (KBS $-Taper 120g Stiff shafts)

Wedges (50° & 54°): post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Wedge (60°): :callaway-logo-1: Mack Daddy 2

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: :Snell: MTB-Black OR MAXFLI Tour

18 minutes ago, ncwoz said:

I guess Bryson was dealing with some dizzy spells throughout the tournament. As much as I've grown to dislike him the last few months, I hope that's a one time thing as opposed to some health complications. Golf needs a bad guy to root against 😉

Oddly enough, this happens to me all the time.  I get disoriented standing over the ball.  I’ve seen doctors for it, and all they told me to do was take Dramamine... no thank you.

Happened to me at the range today... I nearly fell over.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Shankster said:

Oddly enough, this happens to me all the time.  I get disoriented standing over the ball.  I’ve seen doctors for it, and all they told me to do was take Dramamine... no thank you.

Yikes, that's kinda scary!

• Like 3

Right Handed

Driver (9°): :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

FW (15°): :callaway-logo-1: X2 Hot (Aldila Tour Green 75 Tx Stiff shaft)

Hybrid (18°): :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

Irons (PW-4)  post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS-1's (KBS $-Taper 120g Stiff shafts)

Wedges (50° & 54°): post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Wedge (60°): :callaway-logo-1: Mack Daddy 2

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: :Snell: MTB-Black OR MAXFLI Tour

Definitely don’t like the sound of that my friend. That needs a little more investigation of the cause.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

14 hours ago, Middler said:

A little surprising to me, though The Masters isn't usually up against the NFL...

Not really surprising at all.  NFL is the ratings king.  It demolishes anything it goes against, sports or non.  Even non game NFL content such as the draft beats even the best Prime Time TV shows. 

The Masters moved to the early morning start to try and avoid going directly against a game on Fox.  And wanted to be off the air in time so it didn’t lose a prime 4:00/4:25 game.  

The fact DJ had a 4 stroke lead over relatively unknown—to casual golf fans—players didn’t help either. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

The fact DJ had a 4 stroke lead over relatively unknown—to casual golf fans—players didn’t help either.

Bingo! There didn't seem to be any drama this year like some past years when there were a couple contenders vying for the win on the last day. Plus no "well known names" (aka: Tiger or Phil) to the masses didn't seem to help the ratings either.

Oddly, the whole Masters felt subdued without the crowds, so I wonder what impact that might have had on ratings and viewer experience?

• Like 5

In my :ping-small: Hoofer:

:ping-small: G410 LST 10.5* - Evenflow Black 65 6.0

:ping-small:  Eye 2 Persimmon 3 Wood

:wilson_staff_small:  D7 4-GW, KBS 105

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth 54.12 SS & 58.10 SS

:ping-small:  Zing 2 LW - 60*

:ping-small:  Anser 2

8 minutes ago, Tarheelvolvo said:

Bingo! There didn't seem to be any drama this year like some past years when there were a couple contenders vying for the win on the last day. Plus no "well known names" (aka: Tiger or Phil) to the masses didn't seem to help the ratings either.

Oddly, the whole Masters felt subdued without the crowds, so I wonder what impact that might have had on ratings and viewer experience?

Article published yesterday that the Masters on Sunday was the lowest rating since 1957. Last year 10.3 million viewers and this year 5.6. Last years ratings were 6.9 and this year 3.4. There was also a mention that having football on at the same time hurt them. 

• Like 1

:ping-small: Driver, G400 11* SR Flex

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood, SLDR 17*  R Flex

:taylormade-small: 5 Wood, SLDR 19* R Flex

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, F6 22.5* R Flex

:Sub70: Irons, 699 Pro's S Flex (5 - AW)

:cleveland-small: Wedges, CBX 56* & 60*

:odyssey-small: Putter, Marksman Fang 35"

Right @Tom the Golf Nut, understand the football competition they ran into this year vs past years. Was also pointing out that DJ's 4-stroke lead also didn't help since there was no drama to even engage more devoted fans.

• Like 1

In my :ping-small: Hoofer:

:ping-small: G410 LST 10.5* - Evenflow Black 65 6.0

:ping-small:  Eye 2 Persimmon 3 Wood

:wilson_staff_small:  D7 4-GW, KBS 105

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth 54.12 SS & 58.10 SS

:ping-small:  Zing 2 LW - 60*

:ping-small:  Anser 2

1 hour ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Article published yesterday that the Masters on Sunday was the lowest rating since 1957. Last year 10.3 million viewers and this year 5.6. Last years ratings were 6.9 and this year 3.4. There was also a mention that having football on at the same time hurt them. 

Posted above 

• Callaway Rogue 10.5° & 3W
  • Mizuno CLK 3H 19°, JPX900 Forged 4-GW, S18 56.10, S18 60.06
  • Evnroll ER5B (replaced ER2)
  • Snell MTB-Black