TESTERS WANTED! ×

Boom Boom is BACK!

Addicted2Golf

Couples Wins the Toshiba Classic

I might actually start watching the senior circuit if Couples stays healthy and keeps playing.

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

• SPY VIP

Couples Wins the Toshiba Classic

I might actually start watching the senior circuit if Couples stays healthy and keeps playing.

I watched for a while. Couples looked so effortless it was amazing. Seeing he and Waston playing was very cool. Watched more of that than the Honda this weekend.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Freddie is the man, and as expected, well, by me atleast, he has made a Big impact on the Champions Tour by winning two events so far. I'm predicting he will win 5 events this year...possibly even one PGA event (Shell Open)

I was extemely pleased to watch im play again. That effortless power is amazing.

Did anyone else read his lips/hear him when he hit that blocked shot on 18? :P oops. Great recovery and up and down.

People Sleep Peacibly in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -- George Orwell

The Champions Tour is actually loaded with great golfers, talent, and is fun to watch. It's like watching golf growing up, same people, just a little older!

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

• SPY VIP

The Champions Tour is actually loaded with great golfers, talent, and is fun to watch. It's like watching golf growing up, same people, just a little older!

And still playing very well. The passion and enjoyment of the game is quite obvious too.

Volvo Intorqueo

I think the Tech of today actually gives them an edge, because they are mentally tested and strong.

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

Freddie woulda done a whole lot more if it weren't for his back issues.

But like mentioned above, I just may start watching the Champions Tour a bit more. I'm 43, and the guys from my formative golf years are hitting the Sr circuit.

• SPY VIP

Freddie woulda done a whole lot more if it weren't for his back issues.

But like mentioned above, I just may start watching the Champions Tour a bit more. I'm 43, and the guys from my formative golf years are hitting the Sr circuit.

Almost right there with you age wise. These are the names I have connection to also. I will definitely look for the schedule on TV each week.

Volvo Intorqueo

Almost right there with you age wise. These are the names I have connection to also. I will definitely look for the schedule on TV each week.

Yep....sucks getting old, doesn't it? :lol:

I mean -- just think about that...the guys we grew up with/watching are now on the old man circuit. Ouch! :)

• SPY VIP

Yep....sucks getting old, doesn't it? :lol:

I mean -- just think about that...the guys we grew up with/watching are now on the old man circuit. Ouch! :)

True, but they are playing well. I take inspiration in that.

I ignore that they have been playing great for years. Hopefully some of these guys will roll into Pebble this summer for the open.

Volvo Intorqueo

True, but they are playing well. I take inspiration in that.

I ignore that they have been playing great for years. Hopefully some of these guys will roll into Pebble this summer for the open.

No...you've got a good out-look and a good point. Just look at Watson at The Open, Norman the year before, and guys like Hale Irwin who played a whole lot of good golf at advanced ages. It can be encouraging....who knows...maybe someday still we'll all get to the level we aspire.

Archived