Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Anyone want to see the next Adams driver?

GolfSpy_X

• SPY VIP

Didn't we just see the next Adams driver a couple weeks ago? :P

After hitting that one, I think that it was the Adams lob wedge. :rolleyes:

[ready for new goodness]

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

• SPY VIP

LOL...why yes you did. And you might see a couple more soon as well ;)

Didn't we just see the next Adams driver a couple weeks ago? :P

#TruthDigest

I'm a big fan of Adams' clubs and have had a couple of their offerings in my bag at any given time since the first Tight Lies club.

It sure does seem like they're putting out a LOT of new stuff! Don't get me wrong, new stuff is great, but its getting hard to keep up with, its confusing. Not only that, but virtually NONE of their new stuff is EVER in a golf shop, the shops themselves don't even know what Adams is doing. I've seen one set of Adams MB irons ever in person, and that was at a demo day. The Adams rep would not sell them to me because they were the only set HE had! It took me a month to get my 15* SuperHybrid and I had it at least a month before the big empty "SuperHybrid" display had a club put in it at the local Golfsmith! Yup, Adams had an empty display there for months!

So its not like I can go anywhere and see or hit many of these new offerings. By the time the stuff does hit the shelves, it seems Adams has released two new models that can't be seen or hit either. Which creates the feeling for the consumer that they're having to buy "old stuff" at new prices. Who wants to do that?

It just seems like they could slow down a bit, give us time to absorb what they're doing and focus on getting what they've already realeased out there where it can be purchased and played!

But. . .yeah, I'd like to see the NEW new driver!

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

Looks like it has a changeable weight and either their DFS system or a new interchangeable shaft system. Hopefully if that's the case, it'll be different from the DFS system, that system was terrible and completely changed the tone of the driver (sound).

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

I've seen this driver in person and the interchangable weight is mainly for adding weight to the head accoding to what length your playing your driver. It's not an interchangable system like Taylor Made has with 27 different set ups. I really like the sole changes they have made...looks much less busy as opposed to the the Fast 10& 11 models. The matte silver/gray crown looks alot like the orginal Peanuts which is a BONUS. The is a LOW SPIN MONSTER too....even lower than the 9015D and the 9064!!!

I think they nailed this one.

I'm a big fan of Adams' clubs and have had a couple of their offerings in my bag at any given time since the first Tight Lies club.

It sure does seem like they're putting out a LOT of new stuff! Don't get me wrong, new stuff is great, but its getting hard to keep up with, its confusing. Not only that, but virtually NONE of their new stuff is EVER in a golf shop, the shops themselves don't even know what Adams is doing. I've seen one set of Adams MB irons ever in person, and that was at a demo day. The Adams rep would not sell them to me because they were the only set HE had! It took me a month to get my 15* SuperHybrid and I had it at least a month before the big empty "SuperHybrid" display had a club put in it at the local Golfsmith! Yup, Adams had an empty display there for months!

So its not like I can go anywhere and see or hit many of these new offerings. By the time the stuff does hit the shelves, it seems Adams has released two new models that can't be seen or hit either. Which creates the feeling for the consumer that they're having to buy "old stuff" at new prices. Who wants to do that?

It just seems like they could slow down a bit, give us time to absorb what they're doing and focus on getting what they've already realeased out there where it can be purchased and played!

But. . .yeah, I'd like to see the NEW new driver!

I know the frequent releases might be confusing for the consumer. However, what Adams has done with its product releases is pioneer new technology and club design that other companies are now following. Adams is at the forefront and has been for many years with innovations like aerodynamic shaping of drivers, hybrids for every skill level, hybrid integration within iron sets, lightweight drivers, velocity slot technology for spring-like effect in fairway woods, on and on. For them to compete in the industry they must lead and not follow. And really, the new product introductions are always targeted for specific player and swing types … so while it seems like a new release every few months it's a wide range of club categories that they hit along with a wide range of players. You never see a driver like the 9064LS immediatley follwed by a driver designed for a "Low Spin" player. Likewise, you never see a set of "players irons" immediatley followed by a release of a same set.

Makes since to me guys...

Oh I get what you're saying and agree, Adams is one of my favorite companies. I would probably play more of their clubs if I could ever find them and hit them. And its not like I live in the boonies either, there are 4 big box golf stores and a dozen quality independent golf shops within 30 miles of me.

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

Joe,

I think you make a good point (different products targeted at different players), and I was just having a laugh with my earlier comment.

One point of confusion, for me, though: wasn't the 90__ series the "low spin/players" club and the Fast __ series the "everyman" club? Has that switched now? With the ultralight shaft, it seems that the 9088 is more for the everyman and you're indicating that the Fast 12 is the low spin bomber.

What's the stock shaft that's going into this head?

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

Matt, the 9088 still has the LDA version and the yet to be released LS version. The 9088UL was the first release because the 4G was the oldest in the line-up. The 9088LDA is next because the 9064LD was the next release to coincide with LD competitions. The 9088LS will be after the F11's replacement because of how it falls in the cycle, the 9088LS will be the last to be replaced in the previous line-up. I'm glad to see they're moving the DFS system away from the 90XX series, as it's not a very good system, IMO. I'd be inclined to believe that they'll likely go with another matrix shaft in this one, likely either a version of the Ozik or the Code family as they're available in the maroon colors. Another option that could be likely is the newer RIP'd versions of the NV or other Aldila shafts (since the RIP was stock in the old 9064LS DFS). There's tons of ways they can go with the shaft, hopefully it'll be a real version like the RIP was instead of a made for like the Radix UL is in the 9088UL.

In The Bag

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

• 1 month later...

Joe,

I think you make a good point (different products targeted at different players), and I was just having a laugh with my earlier comment.

One point of confusion, for me, though: wasn't the 90__ series the "low spin/players" club and the Fast __ series the "everyman" club? Has that switched now? With the ultralight shaft, it seems that the 9088 is more for the everyman and you're indicating that the Fast 12 is the low spin bomber.

What's the stock shaft that's going into this head?

You do have a point...The 9015, 9032, and 9064 were low spinners and geared towards the better players and now the Fast 12 will be a SUPER LOW SPIN driver. But in my opinion they have ALL been hitable. I'm a +1 handicap and I switched from the 9015 to the F11 now for the past 4 months or so and LOVE IT.

BUT...after hitting the new Fast 12, I can't wait to get one. It was easily 10-15 yards longer than my gamer.

Oh...and this will come stock with a "REAL" (not watered down) Fubuki Alpha...haha Not bad getting a $300 shaft in a $299 driver huh?

I love the looks! Different from all drivers now a days trying to look like transformers and high-end tech systems, this one looks like a Nickelodeon-Style Driver which no-one would take seriously on the course before you drive a straight 300yd with it lol!

I love it! Can't wait for the 9099, F13 or whatever the name of the next one is! (So I can get this one at half the price for being an "older model" :lol: )

Matt, the 9088 still has the LDA version and the yet to be released LS version. The 9088UL was the first release because the 4G was the oldest in the line-up. The 9088LDA is next because the 9064LD was the next release to coincide with LD competitions. The 9088LS will be after the F11's replacement because of how it falls in the cycle, the 9088LS will be the last to be replaced in the previous line-up. I'm glad to see they're moving the DFS system away from the 90XX series, as it's not a very good system, IMO. I'd be inclined to believe that they'll likely go with another matrix shaft in this one, likely either a version of the Ozik or the Code family as they're available in the maroon colors. Another option that could be likely is the newer RIP'd versions of the NV or other Aldila shafts (since the RIP was stock in the old 9064LS DFS). There's tons of ways they can go with the shaft, hopefully it'll be a real version like the RIP was instead of a made for like the Radix UL is in the 9088UL.

I am pretty sure that the radix shaft in the 9088ul is real, its just a cheaper one that's all and the correct color is baby blue, adams driver never uses made for shafts

You do have a point...The 9015, 9032, and 9064 were low spinners and geared towards the better players and now the Fast 12 will be a SUPER LOW SPIN driver. But in my opinion they have ALL been hitable. I'm a +1 handicap and I switched from the 9015 to the F11 now for the past 4 months or so and LOVE IT.

BUT...after hitting the new Fast 12, I can't wait to get one. It was easily 10-15 yards longer than my gamer.

Oh...and this will come stock with a "REAL" (not watered down) Fubuki Alpha...haha Not bad getting a $300 shaft in a $299 driver huh?

So are you saying after all these generations of Adams drivers and the 10 yards of gain each one has delivered over & over again, that the next Adam F12 Drivers will be putting our drives close to the 400 yard average ? i mean seriously, every time another new driver comes out someone has to say its 10-15 yards longer then their present gammer. By now we all should be over the 400 yard barrier! LOL

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

• SPY VIP

I am pretty sure that the radix shaft in the 9088ul is real, its just a cheaper one that's all and the correct color is baby blue, adams driver never uses made for shafts

It's almost certainly a made for variant. Matrix doesn't list the 4.1 on their shaft, and they don't offer that particular shaft in S flex. It's a bit of a departure across the board for Adams.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

Adams uses lots of made for shafts, sorry to burst your bubble. I love their equipment, have for a while, would even consider myself a fanboy, and they've used made for shafts since before the 9015d. Find the Matrix Radix 4.1 on Matrix's site. You won't because it's not there and is an exclusive to Adams. The Matrix in the 9015d was a made for. The Aldilas in The BTY and BUL fairways were made for shafts. The VooDoo in the 9032 series? Made for. VooDoo in the ProBlacks? Made for. RIPs in the 9064 series? Yep, made for. You'll rarely ever find a real deal in their clubs that don't carry an upcharge.

In The Bag

Adams uses lots of made for shafts, sorry to burst your bubble. I love their equipment, have for a while, would even consider myself a fanboy, and they've used made for shafts since before the 9015d. Find the Matrix Radix 4.1 on Matrix's site. You won't because it's not there and is an exclusive to Adams. The Matrix in the 9015d was a made for. The Aldilas in The BTY and BUL fairways were made for shafts. The VooDoo in the 9032 series? Made for. VooDoo in the ProBlacks? Made for. RIPs in the 9064 series? Yep, made for. You'll rarely ever find a real deal in their clubs that don't carry an upcharge.

i have asked club builders, they are real. i dont really care anyways because i only use the DI-7x that i love :D

and the project X shaft on the bridgestone j40 driver is also real

they are not big enough company to make their own "fake" shafts like taylormade or titleist.

• 2 months later...

The Fubuki Alpha is 100% real....Smoking deal if you ask me. If you wanna pay the $250 up charge from the other OEMs then by all means go right ahead. I think its awesome that Adams is offering (and has been) high end shafts in the equipment without the high up charges.

Archived