Testers ANNOUNCED! SQAIRZ Golf Shoes

I talked to Bob a couple days ago. He helped with the sizing as noted. He told me about a way to test shoes as well, I'll wait until I review to put it out there. He was very nice and professional,and didn't try to influence anything. I don't expect to drop strokes because of shoes, but I'll let the review happen and see what happens.

• Like 1
  • Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

TESTERS ANNOUNCED! As we tweak swings and equipment to maximize every bit of potential, then, we'll be watching with interest to see if these SQAIRZ shoes can unlock a fraction more ball speed fo

TESTERS ANNOUNCED! The stats are clear: hitting the ball further is a huge advantage in scoring lower. Even after the first round of the Masters, when 62-year-old Larry Mize tied bulked-up-Bryson

I need to throw in an extra announcement here: when I first posted the SQAIRZ shoes testers, I included @jb0330. After announcing it, the mods realized that we had just picked him to do the Hogan Long

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Did you hear him on the current NPG Podcast, he worked it nicely into about the first :30 seconds of the episode...ha

No, I haven't gotten to that podcast yet.  I was curious about Nick's role with these and found this link.  The fact that he's putting up his own coin for bringing the product to market suggests it's not just a media over substance effort.  

SQAIRZ Announces Partnership with Iconic Golfer Sir Nick Faldo - SQAIRZ

I have no doubt that a quality pair of golf shoes help with support, balance, and swing weight transfer.  What I'd like to see is how these are different and better than comparable FJ's, Ecco's, etc., who don't have the square toe, but make similar game enhancing claims. It wasn't too long ago Padrig was endorsing FJ's XPS-1 shoe... another of the "game improvement shoes" proclaiming better distance and tighter dispersion.

For me, comfort and good arch support is tantamount.  Having experience a case of plantar fasciitis about 8 years ago and working through that taught me the importance of quality shoes.  The Podiatrist took my then sport sneaker, folded it in half, and said "these are total crap" and 99% of your problem.  He then showed me several examples of similar shoes that were difficult to bend in half or twist and instructed me to buy them.  Now when I go to look for shoes of any type, they go through the bend and twist test.  I've not looked at the SQAIRZ firsthand but in looking at their literature suspect they meet those attributes. 

This review will be especially fun to follow.

• Like 1

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter