TESTERS WANTED! ×

The Force Pedal

cnosil

Great review! I have had my eye on this for awhile, along with so many other training aids. However, this one seems very beneficial and replaces the old tennis ball cut in half trick that we've all seen. Thanks and continue to update us please!

Driver: :titelist-small: TS2 10.5* - Tensei AV Blue 55 S

Fairway Wood: :titelist-small: TS2 16.5* - Tensei AV Blue 65 S

Hybrids: :titelist-small: TS2 19.0* - Tensei AV Blue 70HY S

Irons 5-GW: :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal - Pro Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges::mizuno-small: T-20 54 | 58 |  M-Grind - Nippon Modus 105 

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B MidBlade Black - Gravity Grip

Ball: :bridgestone-small: 

2 hours ago, Patriots68 said:

I'm kinda wondering how much this will help a more average speed swinger. Will they actually gain yards or because their mechanics aren't as sound will it just produce more wild swings.

I'm guessing B.  Swing a few times; doesn't feel right; hit some worse than normal shots; toss it.

I suppose if you stuck with it long enough, like any other training aid, there would be a benefit.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

3 hours ago, Patriots68 said:

I'm kinda wondering how much this will help a more average speed swinger. Will they actually gain yards or because their mechanics aren't as sound will it just produce more wild swings.

That is ultimately the question with any training aid.  Harry did a review on the main site and we talked about it when I went to try them out.  Per the article Harry wrote he felt it didn't help his swing while I felt there were some benefits with mine.    I have only done one session with them and I did see some improvement.  While both Harry and I would be considered high swing speed,  I would guess that the same would apply to slower swing speed players.   those that use the ground effectively probably won't see much gain.  If you don't use the ground you will gain some.   

Swing speed isn't about mechanics;  you can have perfect mechanics and still have a slower swing speed and you can have terrible mechanics by high speed.  

My personal opinion is that this aid helps with the proper sequencing within the swing.  If you can sequence properly,  you can increase your speed. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I don't know if it would help or hurt in my case, I expect overspeed training would hurt as I struggle to control the club face sometimes, I definitely struggle with weight shift at times. Unfortunately for me I am away for work for months at a time and get a lot of time to hit into nets and get to play an executive course from time to time but when I am home family demands limiting my playing and especially practice time so its tough to get in the benefit of lessons. These aren't that expensive so I might try to pick up a set and try them out. I just hate to waste practice time as it's pretty valuable to me.

12 minutes ago, Patriots68 said:

I don't know if it would help or hurt in my case, I expect overspeed training would hurt as I struggle to control the club face sometimes,

Overspeed training isn't about clubface;  it is about creating more speed.  To generate speed,  you also have to learn to sequence properly.  One of the things I want to try is using the force pedals in combination with the superspeed sticks to see if I can generate some additional speed. 

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Due to things outside of my control I haven't gotten a lot of time to work with the force pedals.   That said,  during some driver testing today,  I tried to apply the feels that I had gotten from my limited use.   Early swings were in the 111/112 range and after I got truly warmed up I topped out at 117.7.    While I can't say it was definitely related to the force pedals,  I am really happy with that kind of speed and I had many in the 116/117 range so it wasn't a fluke.   Maybe I can get myself up to 120+

Holy Hedoublehockeysticks!  Talk about hitting out of your shoes.

gettyimages-1273417405-594x594-3.jpg

I just caught a segment on TGC with a swing coach (did not catch the name) talking about ground force and specifically how Jack Nicklaus used this. He spoke about stance width and attaining the correct balance of fore/aft weight - which, if correct, should result in some minor burning feel in the thigh muscles. He also said this is why so many pros employ a back n' forth waggle on the pre shot routine.  My dog has a KONG toy that, cut in half, would look alot like the training aid... 🙂

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

• 1 year later...

@cnosil - Are you still using these?

I finally got around to cutting a tennis ball in half last night and the results were pretty cool! I don't think I could hit balls with the balls under my feet, but I took a few practice swings to get the feel. Then I removed the balls and replicated that feel in a full swing. I wasn't hitting balls but had my radar with me and saw quite the jump from before using the balls under my feet.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

18 minutes ago, edingc said:

@cnosil - Are you still using these?

I finally got around to cutting a tennis ball in half last night and the results were pretty cool! I don't think I could hit balls with the balls under my feet, but I took a few practice swings to get the feel. Then I removed the balls and replicated that feel in a full swing. I wasn't hitting balls but had my radar with me and saw quite the jump from before using the balls under my feet.

Haven’t used them in a while.  Right now my swing is a mess and I feel like I can barely hit the ball.  

23 hours ago, cnosil said:

Haven’t used them in a while.  Right now my swing is a mess and I feel like I can barely hit the ball.  

I had read through this this morning bored as heck not with the article just in general. My take on it is that it will help some folks--- others like me it will not. Now days I do not balance well so it would throw me off. I have in the past done the same drill with a Pool Noodle filled with sand and duct taped on the ends to keep the sand in but had balance and timing issues even pre accident. But I can see the benefit of being a traing tool especially for someone getting started once they get the basic fundementals down some

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

49 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

I had read through this this morning bored as heck not with the article just in general. My take on it is that it will help some folks--- others like me it will not. Now days I do not balance well so it would throw me off. I have in the past done the same drill with a Pool Noodle filled with sand and duct taped on the ends to keep the sand in but had balance and timing issues even pre accident. But I can see the benefit of being a traing tool especially for someone getting started once they get the basic fundementals down some

The golf swing is about balance am maintaining that balance.  If is also about applying the forces at the right time to generate speed.  Loose balance or apply rotational, horizontal, or vertical forces at the wrong time and you loose efficiency.   Mark Crossfield did some interesting videos where he applied forces differently and showed the impact to the resulting shot.  He used a  force plate to show when the pressures were being applied.   

I think you also have to consider the age if the golfer.  Swing theory has changed a lot since you learned the game and probably isnt how you swing the club. Also, your physical limitations influence you swing as well.  

8 hours ago, cnosil said:

The golf swing is about balance am maintaining that balance.  If is also about applying the forces at the right time to generate speed.  Loose balance or apply rotational, horizontal, or vertical forces at the wrong time and you loose efficiency.   Mark Crossfield did some interesting videos where he applied forces differently and showed the impact to the resulting shot.  He used a  force plate to show when the pressures were being applied.   

I think you also have to consider the age if the golfer.  Swing theory has changed a lot since you learned the game and probably isnt how you swing the club. Also, your physical limitations influence you swing as well.  

Applying the forces in time is refered to basically as Linear Dynamics---- It also applies to mechanical things like shaft loading etc on golf clubs.

And absolutely the golf swing has changed dramatically since I took up the game. Old school thought was to keep the feet planted through the swing until follow through and then be up on the trailing toe on the follow through. I have always had bad balance compared to others even when I was young. My whole swing is more or less natural and I mainly go by feel. I have always had what is called now Happy Feet in other words my feet move to maintain balance. Guys like my old man called it shuffling. You can tell on the range where I have hit like 50 balls or so where my feet are will look like the aftermath of a chicken fight in a farmyard. LOL it looked worse back in the metal spike days. One of the reasons Tiger had the left knee problem IMHO and Lee Trevino's was that his swing was fast and powerful and he was taught old school and that left foot never moved. The generated forces had him snapping that left knee violently and you know the rest of that story.  And yes I had to change some after my back injury and am still in the process of basically reinventing myself. My wife was at some kind of ladies thing the other day. Another lady asked how my back was coming along?   A 3rd lady lady remarked that probably the reason I hurt my back was because I played so much golf. My wife pulls no punches either and told her frankly BS  that I got hurt in a work related accident not because of golf. My wife also added that I had been playing golf long enough to know how to swing without hurting myself

Yes the kids today are better atheletes than we were and advancements have been made in physical training to make these new swings possible

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

• 9 months later...

Ill check in a year later. Any improvement with this @cnosil? I heard that these are better than tennis balls as they let you feel the ground force more. @edingchow do you feel about that statement? I am interested in these as i struggle getting my weight forward. Some of my slowest swings speed training are the step drill and the stomp drills end up being my fastest.

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

4 minutes ago, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

Ill check in a year later. Any improvement with this @cnosil? I heard that these are better than tennis balls as they let you feel the ground force more. @edingchow do you feel about that statement? I am interested in these as i struggle getting my weight forward. Some of my slowest swings speed training are the step drill and the stomp drills end up being my fastest.

I haven’t used them in a while. I agree they are better than tennis balls.  
Are you doing specific force pedal protocols? https://superspeedgolf.com/pages/force-pedal-protocols

26 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I haven’t used them in a while. I agree they are better than tennis balls.  
Are you doing specific force pedal protocols? https://superspeedgolf.com/pages/force-pedal-protocols

I was gonna see how you guys felt about them and go from there on making my buy decision, so no I haven't

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

My Reviews:

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

I never progressed beyond the tennis balls. I did feel like the tennis balls helped me feel transfer a little better, pressure location and transfer are things I struggle with big time.

I'll have to take out the balls again soon and mess around with them some more.

I'm sure the Force Pedals are much nicer and easier to use.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

So i cut up a tennis ball and used it a little during my speed work today. My speed is a little down due to gym training. With the ball it was slower but taking that feeling got me higher than my swings before the ball. Will try to implement when i go into maintenance mode.

My Reviews:

• 2 months later...
10 minutes ago, bocaf said:

Anyone give this a go? Not shilling at all, do not know these guys. Price seems a bit out of whack. I would have been all over it at $29, $49 is a bit crazy.

Not sure what you are asking.  I used them for a bit  but haven’t pulled them out in a while.  Price of all golf related things things is high;  $50 seems about right for this type of aid.  

On 11/13/2020 at 8:44 PM, cnosil said:

My personal opinion is that this aid helps with the proper sequencing within the swing.  If you can sequence properly,  you can increase your speed. 

Just catching up on this thread .. and just an fyi .. I've used these at physical therapy (after my hip replacement) and they did seem to help with regaining balance and proprioception, plus helping rebuild the fine motor muscles that aid in stance and posture.

** Addendum:

We did *NOT* do speed training! In fact, quite the opposite - he had me take a golf posture to start, slowly do a turn back, pause .. slowly back to address, pause .. slowly turn through, pause ... ....

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

• 2 months later...
On 1/13/2023 at 6:46 PM, Numerouno said:

Has anyone used the mini version? They are more affordable but not sure what the use case difference is between larger pedals.

I haven't used the mini version but I did try the force pedal in increasing my clubhead speed. Here's a great tutorial on how to use the force pedal: 

I've been busy trimming concrete for my home renovation. I miss golf!

Edited by MrRichard

• 4 weeks later...

Another fyi here's a short reel on Insta from Monte Scheinblum - note what appear to be force pedals under the golfer's feet...

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CqtgvGkAqZ8/?igshid=MWQ2ODkyMjM=

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

• 11 months later...
On 11/14/2020 at 7:08 AM, cnosil said:

Overspeed training isn't about clubface;  it is about creating more speed.  To generate speed,  you also have to learn to sequence properly.  One of the things I want to try is using the force pedals in combination with the superspeed sticks to see if I can generate some additional speed. 

That sounds like a great plan! Using force pedals in combination with superspeed sticks can help you focus on generating more speed through proper sequencing. It's all about maximizing your potential for speed and power in your swing. Good luck with your training!

just received the speed sticks, and force pedals in the mail, put them to use, see how things progress!

I know I am currently terrible at using the ground to make any power, I'm basically all an arm swinger.

so in theory, should be some room for speed gains through better (any) sequencing. 

we got a pool and a pond... the pond would be good for you