TESTERS WANTED! ×

Balls Kirkland signature vs Mg c4 tour ??

I personally like what Snell offers and the Vice Pro+, but my current budget favorite is the Spalding Tour and Tour X from Walmart. The Spaldings are $25/dozen and I have found them to be long and offer good performance around the green. If you're a Costco member, I still don't think there is a better deal on balls than the Kirklands, even if they aren't perfect. The only thing I would say regarding good balls is to avoid the kind of in-between urethane ball category that includes TM's Project (a), Srixon Q-Stars etc. They cost the same as several other actual tour balls but I just can't seem to get enough spin with some iron shots and around the green and they didn't seem to offer any other noticeable benefits when on the course. I'm sure they are good for someone but after going through a couple dozen project (a), I just can't recommend them when you can get a Snell, Z-Star, Ksig, and several other balls for the same price or even cheaper. 

I currently game the cut grey which they have improved the durability recently, takes quite a bit to notice any blemishes compared to the cover they used before. I would try the MG tour if you had to choose between the two simply because the Kirkland balls do not perform very well. I would also give Snell a look, great ball especially for the price. 

Most Recent Testing: :Sub70: 949x PRO Hybrid 

In my  :callaway-small: 2019 X-Cart Bag :  

:taylormade-small: M3 10.5* (TENSEI Blue 6R)

:benhogan-small: GS53 3W 14* (Review)

:mizuno-small: CLK 2017 4H 22* 

:taylormade-small: M6 Irons 4-PW (KBS MAX 85g Stiff Steel Shafts, Std Length & Lie)

AW, SW: :Sub70: Forged Satin 48*, 54* 

LW::vokey-small: SM6 60*

:wilson_staff_small:  Infinite Putter Michigan Ave 34"

:bridgestone-small: e6  

Current Tech:

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Rangefinder

:skycaddie: LX5 GPS Smartwatch (Review)

2 hours ago, AGutierrez7 said:

I currently game the cut grey which they have improved the durability recently, takes quite a bit to notice any blemishes compared to the cover they used before. I would try the MG tour if you had to choose between the two simply because the Kirkland balls do not perform very well. I would also give Snell a look, great ball especially for the price. 

you like cut grey I loved them I think I got some older balls I ordered mine from Amazon Instead of cut 

Sim max irons sim hybrid 3 and 4 cobra F9 driver Huntington Beach 11 putter 

you like cut grey I loved them I think I got some older balls I ordered mine from Amazon Instead of cut 

Yeah they’re great, especially for the price. I get mine directly from their website, new cover seems to be way more durable than before

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Most Recent Testing: :Sub70: 949x PRO Hybrid 

In my  :callaway-small: 2019 X-Cart Bag :  

:taylormade-small: M3 10.5* (TENSEI Blue 6R)

:benhogan-small: GS53 3W 14* (Review)

:mizuno-small: CLK 2017 4H 22* 

:taylormade-small: M6 Irons 4-PW (KBS MAX 85g Stiff Steel Shafts, Std Length & Lie)

AW, SW: :Sub70: Forged Satin 48*, 54* 

LW::vokey-small: SM6 60*

:wilson_staff_small:  Infinite Putter Michigan Ave 34"

:bridgestone-small: e6  

Current Tech:

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Rangefinder

:skycaddie: LX5 GPS Smartwatch (Review)

The best deal on balls is that sleeve of 6 z-Stars or xv for $10. $20 a dozen for a tour ball that scored well in MGS ball test

Edit: looks like they don't have the XV available anymore buy you can still get the standard Z-star

https://www.golfdiscount.com/golf-balls?brand=15319&price=-10

Edited by ChitownM2

Only issue I find with Kirkland is that the cover marks up quite allot but then again I generally loose them before they get too bad. My preferred ball is a Seed 001. It is the closet ball I have found to a Pro V1 and is half the price.

Callaway Epic Flash 9 Degree

Callaway Epic Flash 3 wood 15 Degree

Callaway Apex 21 Hybrid 19 Degree

Callaway Steelhead Pro 4-AW Irons

Cleveland 54 Degree Wedge Steel Shaft

Recoil Graphite Shafts in all Callaway

Cobra Vintage Series Stingray 40

Preferred ball - Seed 001

Give me any Round ball and I am good.

WITB:

Driver:  Taylormade  SLDR Fujikura XLR8 61 S RH.   

3 Wood: TaylorMade RBZ 3W

Hybrid: Ping G400 3 Hyb 19 degree S

Irons: Titleist 710 AP1 5-PW Aerotek Steelfiber i110 cw S RH standard lie 

Wedges: 50 Callaway MD 4, 54 Vokey SM5, 58 Callaway Forged

Putters: Ping Grayhawk Putter

• 3 weeks later...

I used to like the Kirkland Signature when it first came out.  After the updates it just felt a little dead and I lost a lot of distance with the new version.  

Manhattan, KS 

:ping-small: Ping G30 Driver 9.5 degrees

:taylormade-small:Taylor Made RBZ Black 3 wood

Nike Vapor 3 Hybrid

:Sub70:Sub70 699 Pro Irons 4-PW (KBS Tour 120 Stiff)

:taylormade-small:Taylor Made ATV 58 and 52 wedges

:tour-edge: Tour Edge 56 Sand Wedge

:odyssey-small:Odyssey White Hot #9 Putter

No official handicap but about 18.  

On 11/12/2020 at 5:24 PM, ChitownM2 said:

The best deal on balls is that sleeve of 6 z-Stars or xv for $10. $20 a dozen for a tour ball that scored well in MGS ball test

Edit: looks like they don't have the XV available anymore buy you can still get the standard Z-star

https://www.golfdiscount.com/golf-balls?brand=15319&price=-10

AWESOME!!!