Transition from “normal” diet to plant based vegan

Good luck with this, will be following.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

Hit me up!! i was a meat and potatoes and cheese guy from the Midwest and have been vegan the last 3 years and love it and will never go back. Take a watch to what the health and forks over knives to start. I have way more energy and climbed two mountains since being vegan. Welcome to the club and I will follow this as well. Best of luck!

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

4 minutes ago, rbsiedsc said:

Hit me up!! i was a meat and potatoes and cheese guy from the Midwest and have been vegan the last 3 years and love it and will never go back. Take a watch to what the health and forks over knives to start. I have way more energy and climbed two mountains since being vegan. Welcome to the club and I will follow this as well. Best of luck!

What the health is what put us over the edge, It’s pretty alarming honestly. Do you have any meals you like to eat consistently? 

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Interesting to see how this goes.  I love salads, big salads with extra stuff like beans, broccoli, cauliflower, etc., and we eat lots of veggies, but that's about as far towards vegan as I can go... simply love so many other foods too much.  We eat pretty darn healthy though... thanks to my wife.  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

2 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

What the health is what put us over the edge, It’s pretty alarming honestly. Do you have any meals you like to eat consistently? 

What the health put us over the edge too.

For meals, we used to be a lot better before have a little one. We make an Indian Dahl with red lentils that is wonderful. Salads with veggies and prepacked flavored tofu when i need something green. Walnut Quinoa and green lentil burgers with mushrooms and avocado. Sweet potato and Garbonzo Buddha bowls (minimalist baker has so many good recipes). Red lentil chili. Tempeh curries. Vegan nachos with taco tofu and black beans. Meals are almost endless. 

We do eat some processed vegan food because, you know, life as a parent to a toddler makes it hard to cook at times.

I also have a recipe for killer fluffy pancakes and my wife makes a great tofu scramble for breakfast. WE actually just made an out of this world biscuits and gravy that rivaled anything not vegan.

Being in a suburb of Portland, Oregon makes it easy and there are several vegan restaurants to choose from if you want to go out.

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

My Reviews:

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

So I am sure some of you have seen my discussion in the “random thread” but wanted to start a longer discussion as I am sure some folks are interested in this.
Guess I will start with me. I am not a small guy at 5’11” 203 lbs. I can eat let’s put it that way....and enjoy food of all types. I have tried pretty much anything and everything.
Recently looking into just cleaner eating my wife and I decided to go down this road and fully commit. She will be prepping a majority of the meals as I am more of a griller. The reason we decided to do this is we have been eating out a lot more recently on top of not getting as much exercise as we normally would we have just felt ehhhh. On top of that there is a lot of research and proof that several diseases can be prevented and if not reversed by a clean plant based diet.
I will be logging daily meals we eat, not all but ones I think are pretty good and appealing to eat. I will also be tracking my weight loss if any weekly. With that I want to make sure A) I feel better but B) see if there is any improvement in my golf game as well specifically making sure my SS stays up
With weight loss I’ll be tracking to make sure my swing speed doesn’t dip. Last time out my SS dropped pretty drastically and I think was because I was tired after an indoor simulator day. I want to see if I can keep my swing speed up and my overall energy up. This will be pretty subjective energy wise so I will use a 1-10 scale most likely.
For the first month I’ll be pretty dedicated to making sure I’m only eating clean. I will most likely start incorporating the occasional steak down the road but for now it will be strictly clean.
if anyone is interested in seeing something specific let me know will be glad to Incorporate. 
*Also taking suggestions on title name*

Good luck!
Looking forward to following along.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

6 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Interesting to see how this goes.  I love salads, big salads with extra stuff like beans, broccoli, cauliflower, etc., and we eat lots of veggies, but that's about as far towards vegan as I can go... simply love so many other foods too much.  We eat pretty darn healthy though... thanks to my wife.  

Just a PSA, being vegan is way more than eating salad and there are many of other great options. I love myself a vegan Ruben for example.

My Reviews:

It’s difficult but it’s also like anything else in life; if you commit to it you can commit to it. 

For me, I am not all-in on the diet but I make a conscious effort to reduce or eliminate meat whenever possible. No more dairy milk and I’ve cut back on cheese. 

Once you get beyond the obnoxious comments you can find plenty of good options. 

Good luck!

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

5 minutes ago, rbsiedsc said:

What the health put us over the edge too.

For meals, we used to be a lot better before have a little one. We make an Indian Dahl with red lentils that is wonderful. Salads with veggies and prepacked flavored tofu when i need something green. Walnut Quinoa and green lentil burgers with mushrooms and avocado. Sweet potato and Garbonzo Buddha bowls (minimalist baker has so many good recipes). Red lentil chili. Tempeh curries. Vegan nachos with taco tofu and black beans. Meals are almost endless. 

We do eat some processed vegan food because, you know, life as a parent to a toddler makes it hard to cook at times.

I also have a recipe for killer fluffy pancakes and my wife makes a great tofu scramble for breakfast. WE actually just made an out of this world biscuits and gravy that rivaled anything not vegan.

Being in a suburb of Portland, Oregon makes it easy and there are several vegan restaurants to choose from if you want to go out.

So we have a pancake and waffle recipe that’s great. We have done a chili that is honestly better than a meat chili with way more Flavor (will be tossing this on here next time we do it) lots of great stuff. I think for breakfast I’ll be leaning more towards smoothies during the week but weekends we have found a few things that look appealing and are loaded

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

1 minute ago, bens197 said:

It’s difficult but it’s also like anything else in life; if you commit to it you can commit to it. 

For me, I am not all-in on the diet but I make a conscious effort to reduce or eliminate meat whenever possible. No more dairy milk and I’ve cut back on cheese. 

Once you get beyond the obnoxious comments you can find plenty of good options. 

Good luck!

Thanks Ben. That’s where we have been for a little bit but are still constantly eating out when we aren’t eating well. Time to commit.

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

I’ve been on the vegan tip for nearly a year. We still occasionally indulge in ritual consumption (ie - plate of brisket burnt ends) but the outcome inevitably renews my belief that plant based is the right path for me.

Re: delicious easy recipe options - https://elavegan.com/

:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro D - Matrix Ozik XCON 6 S
:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
:nickent-small:________3DX 17* - Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid SG
:Hogan:______ICON Black 4-PW - KBS Tour V S
:cleveland-small:__________588 RTG 49  RTX 52.10  56.12 - DG S400
BobbyGrace.png.1dc40002fcec0eee8603b71b3e706e89.png______Amazing Grace NYC Tour CS
:taylormade-small:_______'19 TP5X
(the preceding have all been gamer approved)

"The most important shot in golf is the next one“ - Ben Hogan

6 minutes ago, rbsiedsc said:

Just a PSA, being vegan is way more than eating salad and there are many of other great options. I love myself a vegan Ruben for example.

Please share your recipe. 

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

2 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Please share your recipe. 

I don't make one. There is a company here called Snackrelige that makes a good one. Although i have a great one from the book Wicked Kitchen that if I had a day, i would make from scratch. Used Seitan and looks amazing. Some places here also make a pretty good reuben, also with Seitan.

My Reviews:

Nothing crazy tonight just potatoes and green beans. Dijon mustard and maple syrup. Will definitely be getting more in depth with meals 

https://diethood.com/maple-mustard-roasted-potatoes/

image.jpg

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

Nothing crazy tonight just potatoes and green beans. Dijon mustard and maple syrup. Will definitely be getting more in depth with meals 
https://diethood.com/maple-mustard-roasted-potatoes/
image.jpg.04ac5bb00bd7e229ea231b202f548087.jpg

Now that’s not bad looking at all

Rick

Left Hand, 

Great to see this thread. A plant based diet is for sure the way to go, as far as your overall health is concerned. 

If you're worried about swing speed dipping, give your body a couple of weeks to process the switch. Quinoa is an underrated plant protein, and a solid supplement with B12, preferably cyanocobalamin. 

I have worked in places with heavily vegan menus and know lots of tricks. If you want to make your own salad dressings, or want to learn how to spice up those meat replacements, baked goods or breakfasts im right here. If there is something you are particularly worried about missing, there is a way to make it. I ate the Engine 2 diet for about a year and lost almost 60 lbs. I was in fantastic shape, but a ribeye is a ribeye and here we are. 

Keep us posted, and good luck with the shift. 

Titleist 975J

Callaway Hawkeye 3 Wood

Ben Hogan CFT Hybrid, Apex Plus Irons

Cleveland 588 Wedges

Scotty Newport 2 Mid Slant Pro Platinum

My wife and I have leaned into this a bit working to eliminate meat when possible. I do feel better when we stick to this more. I have settled on more vegiterian than vegan mostly because of breakfast still having dairy and eggs. Most other meals are plant based. We also have a couple little ones so we also do some of the prepackaged stuff needing to save time and all.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

My wife and I did this same switch about 6 months ago.  Mine was due to a doctors 'recommendation'.

I found this cook book to be one of the better ones.  Lots of good things in it.

image.png.3fb46557a3dece1e23a8215b17e01a81.png

Good luck.  I'll be following your journey.

Just tap it in.  Lil' taparoo.

:honma: TW747 460 10.5° Vizard stiff

:adams-small: 4 Hybrid

:Sub70: 699 5-Aw; KBS Tour-V 90 Stiff

:cleveland-small: Tour Action 58°

:taylormade-small: Spider Interactive

41 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Now that’s not bad looking at allemoji106.png

Surprised to find @Rickp, a member of the Bacon Boyz, in a Vegan thread. I kid, i kid 😃

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

Surprised to find [mention=69092]Rickp[/mention], a member of the Bacon Boyz, in a Vegan thread. I kid, i kid 

They have a side of home fries, does that count

Rick

Left Hand, 

Surprised to find [mention=69092]Rickp[/mention], a member of the Bacon Boyz, in a Vegan thread. I kid, i kid 

I’m more of an “observer” than full fledged member. I try to limit the bad stuff. I’m the guy w the 2 poached eggs and wheat toast.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Count me in as another person interested in your progress.

Now, I will say that my wife and I are complete opposites as we're ketogenic and have been for over eight years now. Meat and cheese being staples of my diet, with non-starchy vegetables too, of course. 

Still, finding what you can stick to and make you feel good is important. There's not a one-size-fits-all approach to dieting, as much as many people will want you to believe.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

Just now, edingc said:

Count me in as another person interested in your progress.

Now, I will say that my wife and I are complete opposites as we're ketogenic and have been for over eight years now. Meat and cheese being staples of my diet, with non-starchy vegetables too, of course. 

Still, finding what you can stick to and make you feel good is important. There's not a one-size-fits-all approach to dieting, as much as many people will want you to believe.

I think that’s the big thing. Since the military just hasn’t been the same. The very extreme regimented meals we had got my body a certain way and it’s just not the same anymore. Wanted to try something and do a full reset for lack of a better description I guess 

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

1 hour ago, Lacassem said:

I think that’s the big thing. Since the military just hasn’t been the same. The very extreme regimented meals we had got my body a certain way and it’s just not the same anymore. Wanted to try something and do a full reset for lack of a better description I guess 

Same here.  I got used to a very specific way of eating while in the Marines and it kept me in really good health.  But since my return to 'normal' life, it just hasn't been the same.  Too much freedom I suppose.

Just tap it in.  Lil' taparoo.

:honma: TW747 460 10.5° Vizard stiff

:adams-small: 4 Hybrid

:Sub70: 699 5-Aw; KBS Tour-V 90 Stiff

:cleveland-small: Tour Action 58°

:taylormade-small: Spider Interactive

Ashley's cousin Tess will have tons of good options for you guys if she hasn't connected you yet.

And that chili is awesome... when are you guys making it agian? haha

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

19 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Ashley's cousin Tess will have tons of good options for you guys if she hasn't connected you yet.

And that chili is awesome... when are you guys making it agian? haha

Next week when the temps drop again lol!

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

Had a minor surgery today so I am home for lunch. Will be prepping salad stuff for lunches during the week.

today we have:

kale, spinach, red leaf, purple cabbage and romaine for some crunch. Yellow/red peppers, cucumber, carrots, walnuts and sunflower seeds. Dressing is a olive oil and raspberry vinaigrette with a little garlic....because garlic is the best.

grilled some sweet potato’s to throw on the side.

0E7266F5-8982-4955-A792-C97705604B8F.jpeg

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

Had a minor surgery today so I am home for lunch. Will be prepping salad stuff for lunches during the week.
today we have:
kale, spinach, red leaf, purple cabbage and romaine for some crunch. Yellow/red peppers, cucumber, carrots, walnuts and sunflower seeds. Dressing is a olive oil and raspberry vinaigrette with a little garlic....because garlic is the best.
grilled some sweet potato’s to throw on the side.

0E7266F5-8982-4955-A792-C97705604B8F.jpeg.3ba4daf198e6158ebecf1522dc16e317.jpeg

That salads not for me, but coincidently heard a dietician from the Mayo Clinic mentioning pumpkin as a better alternative to sweet potatoes. More nutrients at a third of the calories.

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart