Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Transition from “normal” diet to plant based vegan

Stuffed green peppers. Brown rice, mushrooms and onion. Added a dab of hot sauce. Pan fried spinach on the side.

was very good. smaller portions today than I would ever have. I fell fairly full and satisfied. Only 1 day obviously but nothing to report that’s bad yet.

572AFE45-C30D-4D34-A664-51AB80600F7C.jpeg

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Just updated the initial post to have the link to my daily tracking. It is also in my signature

Will be tracking Weight, Waste and SS daily but a weekly overall feel. I know you aren't really supposed to track weight daily but I do want to see the fluctuations day to day.

Anything else folks want to see let me know!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

On 11/11/2020 at 5:13 PM, Lacassem said:

Follow the Progress here!

So I am sure some of you have seen my discussion in the “random thread” but wanted to start a longer discussion as I am sure some folks are interested in this.

Guess I will start with me. I am not a small guy at 5’11” 203 lbs. I can eat let’s put it that way....and enjoy food of all types. I have tried pretty much anything and everything.

Recently looking into just cleaner eating my wife and I decided to go down this road and fully commit. She will be prepping a majority of the meals as I am more of a griller. The reason we decided to do this is we have been eating out a lot more recently on top of not getting as much exercise as we normally would we have just felt ehhhh. On top of that there is a lot of research and proof that several diseases can be prevented and if not reversed by a clean plant based diet.

I will be logging daily meals we eat, not all but ones I think are pretty good and appealing to eat. I will also be tracking my weight loss if any weekly. With that I want to make sure A) I feel better but B) see if there is any improvement in my golf game as well specifically making sure my SS stays up

With weight loss I’ll be tracking to make sure my swing speed doesn’t dip. Last time out my SS dropped pretty drastically and I think was because I was tired after an indoor simulator day. I want to see if I can keep my swing speed up and my overall energy up. This will be pretty subjective energy wise so I will use a 1-10 scale most likely.

For the first month I’ll be pretty dedicated to making sure I’m only eating clean. I will most likely start incorporating the occasional steak down the road but for now it will be strictly clean.

if anyone is interested in seeing something specific let me know will be glad to Incorporate. 

*Also taking suggestions on title name*

4-PW and UW Ping G710

Ping Glide 54 degree wedge

1,3,5 Taylor-Made Titanium bubble shafts (24years)

Top-Flite Gamer Putter

I am definitely a protein type person, and fairly knowledgeable about food. I suggest that you use as many whole grains (antient grains like farro, spelt, Kumat, quinoa etc) as you can as well as many colors and textures in the vegetables you use. Include lots of nuts and seeds (for protein). As you can see below I like to cook!!!

Root Vegetable Tart with Cranberry Compote (2).JPG

Sweet Potato Gnocchi.JPG

4-PW and UW Ping G710

Ping Glide 54 degree wedge

1,3,5 Taylor-Made Titanium bubble shafts (24years)

Top-Flite Gamer Putter

Tonight we had acorn stuffed squash and green beans. The acorn squash is fantastic right now and is one of my favorite squashes. Needed nothing on it but olive oil

DE4096EC-07BF-4E55-94A6-1F0EA56639B9.jpeg

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

Mmm I do love acorn squash.

What did you use for the stuffing? I usually *stuff* mine with butter and brown sugar.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

1 hour ago, B.Boston said:

What did you use for the stuffing? I usually *stuff* mine with butter and brown sugar. emoji23.pngemoji1787.png

Just breaded stuffing with carrots, celery etc. the squash literally needed no brown sugar or butter was delicious.

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

2 hours ago, B.Boston said:

What did you use for the stuffing? I usually *stuff* mine with butter and brown sugar. emoji23.pngemoji1787.png

Thats my favorite type of stuffing right there

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

Today is 1 week in the books. Did a little more in depth review on the tracking sheet (in my signature and 1st post). Overall was good definitely had cravings but nothing worse then when i stopped dipping. 
intiial weight drop was surprising wasn’t expecting a very big initial drop. Maintained after than and have not been under 200 in several years. Was never at any point “starving” and I use that term loosely, also my overall energy seemed to have an increase.
I also found pains and swelling to go down as well (knees and hands).

going to keep on keeping on and hopefully see some more losses and maybe a waste shrink we shall see. 

oh and I had a surgery last Thursday so the NA for swing speed is because I won’t be swinging probably until next week some time.

Tonight had some chickpea pasta with vegan meatballs, broccoli and marinara. Was actually pretty damn good

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

Might need to consider looking at this more in depth.  I feel like a bag of smashed potato chips lately.  Just dead tired all the time, falling asleep watching TV at like 9... not normal.  I do dislike this time change junk though.  Might have to move to Australia in the winter.... 

16 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Might need to consider looking at this more in depth.  I feel like a bag of smashed potato chips lately.  Just dead tired all the time, falling asleep watching TV at like 9... not normal.  I do dislike this time change junk though.  Might have to move to Australia in the winter.... 

this is very much me. The darkness at 4 sucks and I definitly get the end of golf season depression. This past week has been different, darkness still sucks but I have not been “groggy” or just all in all tired. Even though my waste has not changed and no drastic weight loss, pants feel better and my “gut” is just better.

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

39 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

this is very much me. The darkness at 4 sucks and I definitly get the end of golf season depression. This past week has been different, darkness still sucks but I have not been “groggy” or just all in all tired. Even though my waste has not changed and no drastic weight loss, pants feel better and my “gut” is just better.

it’s amazing how fast things change when you remove the s*** from your diet. 

it’s usually the subtle changes first, followed by the more obvious ones. 

firsts it’s the energy, mood, skin, your pants fitting a little better...then after a few weeks you're down a few pounds and look visibly better. 

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

7 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

firsts it’s the energy, mood, skin, your pants fitting a little better...then after a few weeks you're down a few pounds and look visibly better. 

We haven’t ate great but not bad either prior to this but this Atleast initially has shown my body shouldn’t have felt the way it did. I am also having my ginger ales too so it’s not like I completely cut good tasting stuff out

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

You’re slowly talking me into this my friend

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I’ll chime in on what we had tonight. Asian soba bowl with mushrooms, snow peas and edamame 

6CBA84B2-FF28-42FC-A255-F1F81CBBE74A.jpeg

Edited by rbsiedsc

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

Just now, rbsiedsc said:

I’ll chime in on what we had tonight. Asian soba bowl with mushrooms, snow peas and edamame 

6CBA84B2-FF28-42FC-A255-F1F81CBBE74A.jpeg

What do the dumplings have in them? That looks awesome

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

2 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

What do the dumplings have in them? That looks awesome

They were Thai basil vegan ones from Target. 

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

My Reviews:

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

31 minutes ago, Rickp said:

You’re slowly talking me into this my friend emoji106.png

to clear things up, i’m not vegan. 

that being said, the same things apply to a more standard diet. the more processed crap, fried food, and added sugar you can cut out, the better you’ll feel - and quick!

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

to clear things up, i’m not vegan. 
that being said, the same things apply to a more standard diet. the more processed crap, fried food, and added sugar you can cut out, the better you’ll feel - and quick!

Definitely Agree! I’m up for a partial change but I doubt I’ll ever give up an occasional Ribeye or Ribs.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

12 hours ago, Shankster said:

Might have to move to Australia in the winter.... 

How fast can you run?

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

3 hours ago, Shankster said:

Depends on the context... 😂

in this case frightening animals 😂 

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

17 hours ago, Shankster said:

Depends on the context... 😂

What @Lacassem said.

14 hours ago, Lacassem said:

in this case frightening animals 😂 

Exactly right!

12 hours ago, Shankster said:

Not fast enough then.  Haha

Don't move then...

In the bag:
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Bag: 

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

2 minutes ago, MattF said:

What @Lacassem said.

Exactly right!

Don't move then...

I’m no Usain Bolt... but I have played golf in an area where large black bears took a fresh #2 in the fairway... worse than that?

and I’d say I’m faster than the average 37 year old man... haha

4 hours ago, Shankster said:

I’m no Usain Bolt... but I have played golf in an area where large black bears took a fresh #2 in the fairway... worse than that?

and I’d say I’m faster than the average 37 year old man... haha

Emus can run up to 30mph and they'll rip you open, but attacks aren't very common. Roos are faster at upwards of 35mph and will kick the bejeesus out of you. But...the drop bears are bastards. 😉

In the bag:

Bag: 

1 hour ago, MattF said:

Emus can run up to 30mph and they'll rip you open, but attacks aren't very common. Roos are faster at upwards of 35mph and will kick the bejeesus out of you. But...the drop bears are bastards. 😉

You’re just saying that so I don’t go visit... right?

haha.

how bout NZ then? Or somewhere else in the Southern Hemisphere that doesn’t get snow year round like Antarctica.

Also if you like meals to order, purple carrot has some wonderful options. This was a buttered tomato au gratin that is like 5 star Italian. 

79FD81AC-6BB1-4F19-9C94-6FF744B09AA4.jpeg

My Reviews:

18 hours ago, Shankster said:

You’re just saying that so I don’t go visit... right?

haha.

how bout NZ then? Or somewhere else in the Southern Hemisphere that doesn’t get snow year round like Antarctica.

Well, NZ doesn't have snakes, so they've got that going for them.

In the bag:

Bag: