TESTERS WANTED! ×

Transition from “normal” diet to plant based vegan

1 hour ago, tommc23 said:

So legit question is yeast allowed in vegan food??? I mean they are living things that create CO2

Honestly didn’t even think of that glad @Chip Strokes had the answer. Again not Following the vegan thing to the T And it’s hard enough without bread 😂

had pot pie tonight wife made the crust from scratch and it was 💰

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

8 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Honestly didn’t even think of that glad @Chip Strokes had the answer. Again not Following the vegan thing to the T And it’s hard enough without bread 😂

had pot pie tonight wife made the crust from scratch and it was 💰

Don’t worry. I am vegan yet still eat honey . Many ways to skin a cat (ethically of course) 

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

58 minutes ago, rbsiedsc said:

Don’t worry. I am vegan yet still eat honey . Many ways to skin a cat (ethically of course) 

Wait there is an ethical way to skin a cat? 🤔

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

On 11/30/2020 at 4:35 AM, Lacassem said:

It’s like with the weight if I don’t lose a lot and BP doesn’t change (mine isn’t bad) than that’s fine I’m just curious after seeing and reading a lot of things abo it the vegan aspect and how folks have completely changed those things 

Sorry I'm late to the party in this one, but Dr. Greger is a fantastic speaker and pretty objective. He does lots of work on blood pressure and plant based diets. Here's a link to the blood pressure section of his site: 

https://nutritionfacts.org/topics/blood-pressure/

Glad to hear of your progress and success! Still following your journey here. 

Titleist 975J

Callaway Hawkeye 3 Wood

Ben Hogan CFT Hybrid, Apex Plus Irons

Cleveland 588 Wedges

Scotty Newport 2 Mid Slant Pro Platinum

6 minutes ago, Crowev01 said:

Sorry I'm late to the party in this one, but Dr. Greger is a fantastic speaker and pretty objective. He does lots of work on blood pressure and plant based diets. Here's a link to the blood pressure section of his site: 

https://nutritionfacts.org/topics/blood-pressure/

Glad to hear of your progress and success! Still following your journey here. 

Thanks for following. Diet change is not easy and like I’ve said I am not the poster child for this but what I am doing is already working! Happy with results so far 

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

Had some fantastic nachos tonight. Bunch of different beans, tomato, guacamole, green pepper, onion and the vegan cheese as I’ve said before is so damn good. 

Finding so many common things are able to be swapped into this diet. Going to make our own pizzas tomorrow will get some pictures 

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

Had some quinoa Tuscan bowls tonight was delicious. Also have maintained 198 all week.

putting up week 4 thoughts on the 1st thread connection as well!

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

Pastas have been a back burner for a long time. But the vegan pastas are not only good but are loaded nutritionally. Found ine of my favorites today:

D305B100-DE81-4584-B3CE-D317143D9248.jpeg.f185369b2a75ac7b3933ab2210122150.jpegE8D125EA-20DD-4F9A-AD21-0FF9529B7F29.jpeg.7a688cbf0b07f061206e27ed09786f7f.jpeg

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

1 hour ago, Lacassem said:

Pastas have been a back burner for a long time. But the vegan pastas are not only good but are loaded nutritionally. Found ine of my favorites today:

D305B100-DE81-4584-B3CE-D317143D9248.jpeg.f185369b2a75ac7b3933ab2210122150.jpegE8D125EA-20DD-4F9A-AD21-0FF9529B7F29.jpeg.7a688cbf0b07f061206e27ed09786f7f.jpeg

That stuff is awesome. It’s one of the few packed with nutrition that we could get our toddler to eat. 

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

My Reviews:

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

2 minutes ago, rbsiedsc said:

That stuff is awesome. It’s one of the few packed with nutrition that we could get our toddler to eat. 

It’s really delicious and where regular pasta doesn’t really offer anything health wise these types are more nutritional than some “balanced” meals!

going to have some of this with red sauce and “meatballs” this week. Just did daiya on this for lunch but will be a dinner this week

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

I keep seeing slow drops in weight. It’s funny I saw 197 past two days and I’m sure it will creep up a little but I can anticipate a gradual decline over the week down to 197. I am guessing I’ll be another .5-1” off my waist as well soon. It’s somewhat predictable. Weight sheds a little and then drops and at that drop I see a small waist change.

my energy is higher. I have not changed swing practice in the yard at all and my energy just seems to be better. Not only energy but just overall “calmer” and “clearer” headspace wise. I think I can attribute it to just my overall body feeling is higher. Not bloated and I just feel “cleansed” I guess is the best terminology.

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

So cool to see someone track their diet change. Haven't eaten meat since 2008 and initially I focused a lot on main meals (lunch and dinner). Over time my diet has evolved to focus more on high quality snacking, and less about replacing a meat ingredients during lunch or dinner. I'm not overly concerned with health but I do eat a lot of nuts/legumes, yogurt, bananas, apples, cheese. I also have coconut water and protein shakes with standard whey protein/frozen fruit/peanut or almond butter/spinach etc. so I can stay hydrated and full. I also find that it is easier and more inexpensive to take a more snacking approach than to try and have a big lunch or dinner. On the course I eat a lot of nuts with salt or dried edamame. Happy eating! 

11 minutes ago, Mark EH said:

So cool to see someone track their diet change. Haven't eaten meat since 2008 and initially I focused a lot on main meals (lunch and dinner). Over time my diet has evolved to focus more on high quality snacking, and less about replacing a meat ingredients during lunch or dinner. I'm not overly concerned with health but I do eat a lot of nuts/legumes, yogurt, bananas, apples, cheese. I also have coconut water and protein shakes with standard whey protein/frozen fruit/peanut or almond butter/spinach etc. so I can stay hydrated and full. I also find that it is easier and more inexpensive to take a more snacking approach than to try and have a big lunch or dinner. On the course I eat a lot of nuts with salt or dried edamame. Happy eating! 

I think that is where I will end up. I just really needed a cleanse and that’s exactly what this is doing. I really struggled when I got out of the military with curbing my appetite when I wasn’t burning the calories I had previously. This has really helped with that and my snacking has changed drastically. Thanks for following along!

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

Hectic week at work and my son at school. Maintained the meal plan though which I’m happy about. Will update the tracking sheet  at some point but didn’t weigh myself all week so interested to see what I have in the morning.

chili tonight. It’s so damn good and just loaded nutritionally 

0AA7123F-73A4-41DB-AF30-285C69133F08.jpeg

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

Updated the past 2 weeks. I missed a lot of data over the time period but I got weight, waste and BP info today. I have not been this low in my BP and pulse in several years at least from what I can remember.

Even in the hectic 2 weeks I was still able to meal plan pretty well. For anyone that says the "clean eating" or "vegan" diet is too expensive theyre lieing. There is a grocery store called Aldi's locally. Got 2 weeks of produce, frozen stuff (vegan meatballs, veggies etc), canned goods like beans for less than $70. We are spending LESS now thatn we were before.

I did a 2 week update on the first page link to smartsheets for anyone interested!

I set this whole thing up for 8 weeks and am starting week 7 tomorrow. If I add anything back into the diet it will be steaks and stuff like that occasionally and will maintain the Friday night order out but will be sticking to this for a long time I think.

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

I just saw this thread and am interested in incorporating more plant based items into my daily routine. I’m using smoothies for breakfast and we are adding options into evening meals ( the holidays are a challenge). I’m curious about a particular item though, and am not assuming anything to anyone, but where if anywhere does alcohol come into play with the process. I ask, as it’s something I need to figure out. I own a liquor store and the majority of my consumption is tasting wines with reps. It wouldn’t seem like much but I taste 30-40 wines a week on average. We occasionally have wine with dinner and wanted to get an alternative point of view. I keep beer to a minimum these days and occasionally will have a tequila cocktail or a dram. I make a point to not drink the profits. Suggestions appreciated. 

Mizuno ST190, 9 degrees, Fujikura Ventus Black 6S

Mizuno ST190, 14 degrees, Fujikura Ventus Black 7S

Mizuno ST200 , 18 degrees, Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X

Miura CB 301, 4 iron, Fujikura Ventus 9x

Miura CB 301, 5-PW Nippon Modus 120S

Miura K Grind, 52, 54 and 58, Nippon Modus 130s  hand ground by Usher Golf

Miura KM 006 LH 

8 hours ago, BKordon said:

I just saw this thread and am interested in incorporating more plant based items into my daily routine. I’m using smoothies for breakfast and we are adding options into evening meals ( the holidays are a challenge). I’m curious about a particular item though, and am not assuming anything to anyone, but where if anywhere does alcohol come into play with the process. I ask, as it’s something I need to figure out. I own a liquor store and the majority of my consumption is tasting wines with reps. It wouldn’t seem like much but I taste 30-40 wines a week on average. We occasionally have wine with dinner and wanted to get an alternative point of view. I keep beer to a minimum these days and occasionally will have a tequila cocktail or a dram. I make a point to not drink the profits. Suggestions appreciated. 

I am still drinking. This time of year it’s whisky or aged rums. Usually a glass at night. I am not sure where strict vegans stand on alcohol and yeast but as you can see I have not been extremely strict.

holidays are definitly tough but my wife and I did well this year

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

Thanks for the input. I'm not concerned about the strict vegan piece, as I am the caloric intake. I managed to lose about 25-30 pounds last holiday season. (zero this year, but it didn't go up) I end up walking 5 plus miles a day at work and I need to be mindful of coming home after a long day and eating a bad dinner and having a night cap. Not having a cocktail has been the easiest part due to the need for sleep. Thanks again. Have a Happy New Year.

Mizuno ST190, 9 degrees, Fujikura Ventus Black 6S

Mizuno ST190, 14 degrees, Fujikura Ventus Black 7S

Mizuno ST200 , 18 degrees, Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X

Miura CB 301, 4 iron, Fujikura Ventus 9x

Miura CB 301, 5-PW Nippon Modus 120S

Miura K Grind, 52, 54 and 58, Nippon Modus 130s  hand ground by Usher Golf

Miura KM 006 LH 

Again sorry have not jumped in here in a bit. Not doing the best at completing my spreadsheet.

Quick update. Pretty much maintaining weight around 196 which I am happy with since I have literally changed nothing but diet. I have not been able to swing much but energy wise should not be a problem and don't feel "weak" at all.

I am just very happy I have been able to pretty much curb my appetite. 

Will be leaving this thread going as I continue to find good meals I like because I think mixing in this diet with a "normal" diet can be very beneficial. I will be doing a mixture myself.

Just as a day to day this is typically what I have been doing for breakfast and lunch:

-Breakfast:

Coffee of course, but no sugar and am using an oat creamer (I actually really prefer this over what I did before, black with sugar). Some sort of fruit with peanut butter (been on a banana kick past couple weeks) and an oat yogurt or coconut yogurt. 

Between breakfast and lunch I have been snacking on either a nut bar or some sort of trail mix

Lunch:

Majority of the time I was doing salad with a lot of different veggies and nuts. If we had left over rice/potatoes I would have them on the side. Radishes, different colored peppers, beets, broccoli, cauliflower, mixed color carrots were pretty typical. Walnuts are my go to for the salad

If not for salad whatever left over from dinner the night before.

Dinner:

This was mixed. My wife and I found a lot of great recipes and between the air fryer, instant pot and slow cooker was really easy to put together (ok the wife did most of it but I did make a minestrone sooooooo it cancels out). Many of those meals are in here. I will say the pot stickers that @rbsiedsc were fantastic and we had those once a week because they were super easy to make with just white rice and stir fry veggies.

My biggest take away's from this is that its not hard and you aren't missing out on much (I love steak so there is that). Also I have always eaten fairly healthy and I understand nutritional value, good fats vs bad fats etc. etc. But until I did this I didn't realize how full I felt when eating a really well balanced meal. Lets face it we aren't burning the calories we did when we were 21 and after the military I was still taking in ALOT of calories throughout the day and not always the best calories. I felt hungry after an hour and never had issues finishing a whole pizza (don't need to order that extra one anymore @B.Boston). Glad I went through this and met my goal of 8 weeks (still have another week but wont be an issue, just pretty repetitive). 

Will continue to post like I said as I find meals or if any major changes I see. Happy New Year for everyone following and thank you!

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

36 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Again sorry have not jumped in here in a bit. Not doing the best at completing my spreadsheet.

Quick update. Pretty much maintaining weight around 196 which I am happy with since I have literally changed nothing but diet. I have not been able to swing much but energy wise should not be a problem and don't feel "weak" at all.

I am just very happy I have been able to pretty much curb my appetite. 

Will be leaving this thread going as I continue to find good meals I like because I think mixing in this diet with a "normal" diet can be very beneficial. I will be doing a mixture myself.

Just as a day to day this is typically what I have been doing for breakfast and lunch:

-Breakfast:

Coffee of course, but no sugar and am using an oat creamer (I actually really prefer this over what I did before, black with sugar). Some sort of fruit with peanut butter (been on a banana kick past couple weeks) and an oat yogurt or coconut yogurt. 

Between breakfast and lunch I have been snacking on either a nut bar or some sort of trail mix

Lunch:

Majority of the time I was doing salad with a lot of different veggies and nuts. If we had left over rice/potatoes I would have them on the side. Radishes, different colored peppers, beets, broccoli, cauliflower, mixed color carrots were pretty typical. Walnuts are my go to for the salad

If not for salad whatever left over from dinner the night before.

Dinner:

This was mixed. My wife and I found a lot of great recipes and between the air fryer, instant pot and slow cooker was really easy to put together (ok the wife did most of it but I did make a minestrone sooooooo it cancels out). Many of those meals are in here. I will say the pot stickers that @rbsiedsc were fantastic and we had those once a week because they were super easy to make with just white rice and stir fry veggies.

My biggest take away's from this is that its not hard and you aren't missing out on much (I love steak so there is that). Also I have always eaten fairly healthy and I understand nutritional value, good fats vs bad fats etc. etc. But until I did this I didn't realize how full I felt when eating a really well balanced meal. Lets face it we aren't burning the calories we did when we were 21 and after the military I was still taking in ALOT of calories throughout the day and not always the best calories. I felt hungry after an hour and never had issues finishing a whole pizza (don't need to order that extra one anymore @B.Boston). Glad I went through this and met my goal of 8 weeks (still have another week but wont be an issue, just pretty repetitive). 

Will continue to post like I said as I find meals or if any major changes I see. Happy New Year for everyone following and thank you!

I might not need to order the extra one  for you.... but Jackson is doing his best to fill that roll for you. 🤣

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

4 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

I might not need to order the extra one  for you.... but Jackson is doing his best to fill that roll for you. 🤣

Gotta love when the kids start eating you of house and home. My kids are currently on that streak as well, though smaller scale as they are not too old yet. Also it seems fitting to add that we got them to eat vegan hot dogs without them noticing. Not the best but no small feat with my 4 year old who will not touch them otherwise.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

Gotta love when the kids start eating you of house and home. My kids are currently on that streak as well, though smaller scale as they are not too old yet. Also it seems fitting to add that we got them to eat vegan hot dogs without them noticing. Not the best but no small feat with my 4 year old who will not touch them otherwise.

I can’t really complain about what they will and won’t eat. Jackson does pretty well with his veggies, and if it’s something he likes like broccoli in cheese sauce he will literally eat the entire package by himself. He also loves peas and cauliflower fried rice.

Not to say that he doesn’t like his junk food too, but he’s doing better than I was at that point in my life!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

I got 2 opposite sides of the spectrum. Matt anything he will eat, and when those growth spurts hit, lord watch out. Had to ice his knees a few weeks back due to one. Eden on the other hand....she’ll only eat a handful of things 🤦‍♂️

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

I got 2 opposite sides of the spectrum. Matt anything he will eat, and when those growth spurts hit, lord watch out. Had to ice his knees a few weeks back due to one. Eden on the other hand....she’ll only eat a handful of things 🤦‍♂️

That is what I have the youngest is the total opposite and will eat a whole bunch more foods. Sad to say the older one is a bit like myself, and younger is like my wife. Guess I should be a good example and broaden the horizons a bit.

Made a potato and broccoli bisque tonight. Dairy free with vegan sour cream and oat milk. Was delicious.

D163BBE3-8710-4D12-8C76-5E386254407B.jpeg

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

Made a potato and broccoli bisque tonight. Dairy free with vegan sour cream and oat milk. Was delicious.

D163BBE3-8710-4D12-8C76-5E386254407B.jpeg

Looks awesome!!

My Reviews:

Looks awesome!!

Came out pretty good. Had to add some bouillon but was great. We had gumbo last night that was reallllllllly good happy I made it.

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

1 minute ago, Lacassem said:

Came out pretty good. Had to add some bouillon but was great. We had gumbo last night that was reallllllllly good happy I made it.

Aww man sounds delish. Made a red lentil 3 bean chili with cornbread last night. Perfection 

My Reviews:

Aww man sounds delish. Made a red lentil 3 bean chili with cornbread last night. Perfection 

Anything with beans, did brown rice with the gumbo and just 2 beans. Was just the flavor I was looking for last niggt

C63C0ED8-7884-4EA6-BB27-AB6DF4C0D388.jpeg

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

Now you have me on a lentil search. Gonna do this one tomorrow lol

BF43B2C8-537A-4D60-A0C8-D1FEADD0E71D.png

Check out my reviews:

WITB: