Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Transition from “normal” diet to plant based vegan

I have some yummy suggestions for you to consider adding to your diet transitions. Vegan or meat is fine but . . .

1. Eat as organic as you can. Yes it can cost a little more but what all of those chemicals and pesticides do to your body is not worth any amount of savings. If you are a meat eater that means grass fed and free range without any antibiotics.

2. Drop white rice, white bread, white potatoes and white pasta. Instead choose whole grain brown or wild rice, hearty whole grain breads with seeds, sweet potatoes, oat or almond flours, and lentil, chickpea or spinach pasta.

3. Drop all processed foods (yes, all of them). You don't want the chemicals and preservatives plus you lose too many nutrients with processed foods. Eats lots of fresh fruits and veges. Choose to make your own snacks or reach for nuts and seeds, dried or fresh cut up fruit or veges, and cheese sticks. My golf course snack pack is now a small bag of carrot sticks, apple wedges and individually wrapped cheese stick.

4. No added sugar. Examples: Choose olive oil and balsamic vinegar (fig balsamic and lemon olive oil is extra delicious) for your salad instead of processed, sugar added dressing. Choose to create your own wholesome trail mix instead of processed granola bars. Water and black tea instead of any kind of soda or sugar laced drinks. If you absolutely must have something sweet - try adding a little bit of Stevia.

5. Be gluten free. It's not that hard.

6. Drop inflammatory oils (corn, vegetable, canola, etc.) Choose Olive, avocado, coconut and occasionally peanut oils.

This focuses on an anti-inflammatory diet instead of just vegan. We must have a balance of protein and good carbs in every meal or snack. I promise you will lose weight and your joints and indigestion free gut will thank you. Even my sinuses are no longer sore and swollen from allergies. You'll also be surprised what happens with your sugar and A1C levels.

PXG 0811 XF driver

:ping-small: Serene: 3 wood, 4 & 5 hybrid iron

:taylormade-small: r7 Draw, Flex L: 4, 6 - 9 irons

:cleveland-small: Wedges: RTX Zipcore 46 mid bounce; RTX-3: 52/10 wedge; and Tour Action 900 60* low bounce

:bettinardi-1: Armlock putter or  :edel-golf-1: E-2 Torque custom fit putter

:bridgestone-small: Tour B XS golf ball

:ShotScope:  V3

26 minutes ago, artful_golfer said:

I have some yummy suggestions for you to consider adding to your diet transitions. Vegan or meat is fine but . . .

1. Eat as organic as you can. Yes it can cost a little more but what all of those chemicals and pesticides do to your body is not worth any amount of savings. If you are a meat eater that means grass fed and free range without any antibiotics.

2. Drop white rice, white bread, white potatoes and white pasta. Instead choose whole grain brown or wild rice, hearty whole grain breads with seeds, sweet potatoes, oat or almond flours, and lentil, chickpea or spinach pasta.

3. Drop all processed foods (yes, all of them). You don't want the chemicals and preservatives plus you lose too many nutrients with processed foods. Eats lots of fresh fruits and veges. Choose to make your own snacks or reach for nuts and seeds, dried or fresh cut up fruit or veges, and cheese sticks. My golf course snack pack is now a small bag of carrot sticks, apple wedges and individually wrapped cheese stick.

4. No added sugar. Examples: Choose olive oil and balsamic vinegar (fig balsamic and lemon olive oil is extra delicious) for your salad instead of processed, sugar added dressing. Choose to create your own wholesome trail mix instead of processed granola bars. Water and black tea instead of any kind of soda or sugar laced drinks. If you absolutely must have something sweet - try adding a little bit of Stevia.

5. Be gluten free. It's not that hard.

6. Drop inflammatory oils (corn, vegetable, canola, etc.) Choose Olive, avocado, coconut and occasionally peanut oils.

This focuses on an anti-inflammatory diet instead of just vegan. We must have a balance of protein and good carbs in every meal or snack. I promise you will lose weight and your joints and indigestion free gut will thank you. Even my sinuses are no longer sore and swollen from allergies. You'll also be surprised what happens with your sugar and A1C levels.

We are fairly clean for the most part. We don’t buy organic but we grow our own vegetables in the summer and we get veggies from a farm share (my parents old neighbors). All our grains are whole.

Thanks for all the suggestions. It’s been a good transition. Just because someone is “vegan” doesn’t mean anything for sure it’s all about the proper food

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

• 1 month later...

Vegan taco salad. 6 different beans instead of beef with your normal fixings (red/yellow pepper, crushed shells, shredded lettuce, salsa and vegan cheese)

image.jpg

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

1 hour ago, Lacassem said:

Vegan taco salad. 6 different beans instead of beef with your normal fixings (red/yellow pepper, crushed shells, shredded lettuce, salsa and vegan cheese)

image.jpg

6 DIFFERENT BEANS!!  Sorry,I had to...

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

26 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

6 DIFFERENT BEANS!!  Sorry,I had to...

My mom when we were kids ALWYAS made a soup with left over ham whenever we had it.  What would she put in this soup? Goyas 16 bean mix 😂. My gut needless to say is used to it!

funny story whenever my Memere would come over she would make it thinking she loved it….she didn’t but never had the heart to say it 😂

6091B25F-001B-4562-81DC-66FAD03A6CD1.png

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

• 1 month later...

Did a vegan Alfredo tonight. 
garlic and mushrooms sautéed and then added oat milk with nutritional yeast, flour, salt, pepper and a little bouillon. Came out pretty good.

had to cook the pasta twice since I dumped it the first time 🤷‍♂️

CB71CF76-BD76-4ECF-B82E-3FE9DEBA7182.jpeg

A3391D72-72EA-4B88-A2FF-82FE89BE5514.jpeg

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

• 3 months later...

Keep at it man!

As someone who has Crohn’s, along with half my colon and large intestine removed, I have no other choice but to eat healthy/whole foods.

While my family and I aren’t exclusively vegan, I’d say it’s more cyclical with us. At times we’ll go a month or two on a vegan diet, then off again for a few months. But man during those months when we’re vegan, my body and mind feel f’n great! It’s bonkers what an affect it has on my body. 

But with our lifestyle, it’s just difficult to maintain over longer periods … plus, I love fish and chicken. 

Driver: :ping-small: G410 SFT 10.5*

3W: :cobra-small:  Speedzone 14.5*

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 19* & 21*

Irons: image.png.ec9b0a77ef708074b5547162186659f4.png  Forged Tec One Length (5i-GW)

Wedges: image.png.3c33ed301e51199de9e62f474f52b6e0.png T22 55* & 59*

Putter: image.png.f53011d6b358811f2c4cdcc166aeeffa.png  002 Mid-Mallet

Ball:  Callaway Chrome Soft LS & :Snell: Prime-X

image.png

• 2 months later...

Haven’t hopped in here in a while. Summer squash gnocchi with basil and sun dried tomatoes 

396A4AB2-DA48-4A46-BFF4-9E25096541E7.jpeg

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

@Vegan_Golfer_PNWfound these raviolis not sure if ya have Aldi out your way but easy frozen

07F3424E-D3B0-4D0D-8833-E27DAA78753F.png

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

2 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

@Vegan_Golfer_PNWfound these raviolis not sure if ya have Aldi out your way but easy frozen

07F3424E-D3B0-4D0D-8833-E27DAA78753F.png

those sound awesome! sadly no ALDI's in the PNW. 

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review