Transition from “normal” diet to plant based vegan

Surprised to find [mention=69092]Rickp[/mention], a member of the Bacon Boyz, in a Vegan thread. I kid, i kid [emoji2]

They have a side of home fries, does that count[emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Haha 3

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Surprised to find [mention=69092]Rickp[/mention], a member of the Bacon Boyz, in a Vegan thread. I kid, i kid [emoji2]

I’m more of an “observer” than full fledged member. I try to limit the bad stuff. I’m the guy w the 2 poached eggs and wheat toast.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Count me in as another person interested in your progress.

Now, I will say that my wife and I are complete opposites as we're ketogenic and have been for over eight years now. Meat and cheese being staples of my diet, with non-starchy vegetables too, of course. 

Still, finding what you can stick to and make you feel good is important. There's not a one-size-fits-all approach to dieting, as much as many people will want you to believe.

• Like 3

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 8.5 / Anti-Cap: 14.4 (Last Updated Sept. 19, 2021)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Epic Max LS (9°), 45.75", Dumina AutoFlex SF505X | Unofficial AutoFlex Review
17° Hybrid:
callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Super Hybrid, 41.5", Mitsubishi MMT Hybrid 80 TX
18.5° Driving Iron: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2016 Model), 39.5", Mitsubishi MMT Utility 105 TX
21° Hybrid:
callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Epic Flash, 40", Mitsubishi MMT Hybrid 80 TX
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", UST Mamiya Recoil 110 F5
5-AW:  
Sub70_Logo_WhtBlk.jpg.aee386374adf9afd31a02b989c839f9d.jpg Sub70 699 (5-6)/699 Pro (7-AW) Combo Set, 1° Flat, 37" 7 Iron, Mitsubishi MMT Taper 105 TX | Build Thread
54°, 58°:
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING MIM Black, 1° Flat, 35.5", 35.25", Mitsubishi MMT Wedge 105 TX | #CobraConnect Review
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
lamkin.png.5081890e009ae78e16066ee0fd18b7c0.png Lamkin Sonar Tour
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: :Arccos: Arccos | #CobraConnect Review
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: :CaddyTek: CaddyTek Caddylite EZ V8 | Unofficial Review

WITB? | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

Just now, edingc said:

Count me in as another person interested in your progress.

Now, I will say that my wife and I are complete opposites as we're ketogenic and have been for over eight years now. Meat and cheese being staples of my diet, with non-starchy vegetables too, of course. 

Still, finding what you can stick to and make you feel good is important. There's not a one-size-fits-all approach to dieting, as much as many people will want you to believe.

I think that’s the big thing. Since the military just hasn’t been the same. The very extreme regimented meals we had got my body a certain way and it’s just not the same anymore. Wanted to try something and do a full reset for lack of a better description I guess 

• Like 4

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small: G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Thread

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green  I :taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S I:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Congrats on making the move.  My family did this over a year ago and haven’t looked back.  I am mostly vegan and vegetarian, but will eat fish every now and then.  It was shockingly easy to make the transition.  Weight dropped and never felt better.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lacassem said:

I think that’s the big thing. Since the military just hasn’t been the same. The very extreme regimented meals we had got my body a certain way and it’s just not the same anymore. Wanted to try something and do a full reset for lack of a better description I guess 

Same here.  I got used to a very specific way of eating while in the Marines and it kept me in really good health.  But since my return to 'normal' life, it just hasn't been the same.  Too much freedom I suppose.

• Like 2

Just tap it in.  Lil' taparoo.

:honma: TW747 460 10.5° Vizard stiff

:adams-small: 4 Hybrid

:Sub70: 699 5-Aw; KBS Tour-V 90 Stiff

:cleveland-small: Tour Action 58°

:taylormade-small: Spider Interactive

Ashley's cousin Tess will have tons of good options for you guys if she hasn't connected you yet.

And that chili is awesome... when are you guys making it agian? haha

• Like 2

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope

19 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Ashley's cousin Tess will have tons of good options for you guys if she hasn't connected you yet.

And that chili is awesome... when are you guys making it agian? haha

Next week when the temps drop again lol!

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green  I :taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S I:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Had a minor surgery today so I am home for lunch. Will be prepping salad stuff for lunches during the week.

today we have:

kale, spinach, red leaf, purple cabbage and romaine for some crunch. Yellow/red peppers, cucumber, carrots, walnuts and sunflower seeds. Dressing is a olive oil and raspberry vinaigrette with a little garlic....because garlic is the best.

grilled some sweet potato’s to throw on the side.

0E7266F5-8982-4955-A792-C97705604B8F.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

Had a minor surgery today so I am home for lunch. Will be prepping salad stuff for lunches during the week.
today we have:
kale, spinach, red leaf, purple cabbage and romaine for some crunch. Yellow/red peppers, cucumber, carrots, walnuts and sunflower seeds. Dressing is a olive oil and raspberry vinaigrette with a little garlic....because garlic is the best.
grilled some sweet potato’s to throw on the side.

0E7266F5-8982-4955-A792-C97705604B8F.jpeg.3ba4daf198e6158ebecf1522dc16e317.jpeg

That salads not for me, but coincidently heard a dietician from the Mayo Clinic mentioning pumpkin as a better alternative to sweet potatoes. More nutrients at a third of the calories.
  • Like 1

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Stuffed green peppers. Brown rice, mushrooms and onion. Added a dab of hot sauce. Pan fried spinach on the side.

was very good. smaller portions today than I would ever have. I fell fairly full and satisfied. Only 1 day obviously but nothing to report that’s bad yet.

572AFE45-C30D-4D34-A664-51AB80600F7C.jpeg

• Like 1

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

Just updated the initial post to have the link to my daily tracking. It is also in my signature

Will be tracking Weight, Waste and SS daily but a weekly overall feel. I know you aren't really supposed to track weight daily but I do want to see the fluctuations day to day.

Anything else folks want to see let me know!

• Like 1

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

On 11/11/2020 at 5:13 PM, Lacassem said:

Follow the Progress here!

So I am sure some of you have seen my discussion in the “random thread” but wanted to start a longer discussion as I am sure some folks are interested in this.

Guess I will start with me. I am not a small guy at 5’11” 203 lbs. I can eat let’s put it that way....and enjoy food of all types. I have tried pretty much anything and everything.

Recently looking into just cleaner eating my wife and I decided to go down this road and fully commit. She will be prepping a majority of the meals as I am more of a griller. The reason we decided to do this is we have been eating out a lot more recently on top of not getting as much exercise as we normally would we have just felt ehhhh. On top of that there is a lot of research and proof that several diseases can be prevented and if not reversed by a clean plant based diet.

I will be logging daily meals we eat, not all but ones I think are pretty good and appealing to eat. I will also be tracking my weight loss if any weekly. With that I want to make sure A) I feel better but B) see if there is any improvement in my golf game as well specifically making sure my SS stays up

With weight loss I’ll be tracking to make sure my swing speed doesn’t dip. Last time out my SS dropped pretty drastically and I think was because I was tired after an indoor simulator day. I want to see if I can keep my swing speed up and my overall energy up. This will be pretty subjective energy wise so I will use a 1-10 scale most likely.

For the first month I’ll be pretty dedicated to making sure I’m only eating clean. I will most likely start incorporating the occasional steak down the road but for now it will be strictly clean.

if anyone is interested in seeing something specific let me know will be glad to Incorporate. 

*Also taking suggestions on title name*

4-PW and UW Ping G710

Ping Glide 54 degree wedge

1,3,5 Taylor-Made Titanium bubble shafts (24years)

Top-Flite Gamer Putter

I am definitely a protein type person, and fairly knowledgeable about food. I suggest that you use as many whole grains (antient grains like farro, spelt, Kumat, quinoa etc) as you can as well as many colors and textures in the vegetables you use. Include lots of nuts and seeds (for protein). As you can see below I like to cook!!!

Root Vegetable Tart with Cranberry Compote (2).JPG

Sweet Potato Gnocchi.JPG

• Like 3
  • Love 1

4-PW and UW Ping G710

Ping Glide 54 degree wedge

1,3,5 Taylor-Made Titanium bubble shafts (24years)

Top-Flite Gamer Putter

Tonight we had acorn stuffed squash and green beans. The acorn squash is fantastic right now and is one of my favorite squashes. Needed nothing on it but olive oil

DE4096EC-07BF-4E55-94A6-1F0EA56639B9.jpeg

• Like 5

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

Mmm I do love acorn squash.

What did you use for the stuffing? I usually *stuff* mine with butter and brown sugar. [emoji23][emoji1787]

• Like 2

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope

1 hour ago, B.Boston said:

What did you use for the stuffing? I usually *stuff* mine with butter and brown sugar. emoji23.pngemoji1787.png

Just breaded stuffing with carrots, celery etc. the squash literally needed no brown sugar or butter was delicious.

• Like 3

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

2 hours ago, B.Boston said:

What did you use for the stuffing? I usually *stuff* mine with butter and brown sugar. emoji23.pngemoji1787.png

Thats my favorite type of stuffing right there

• Like 1

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g 6.5 (2021 Official Review) | :taylormade-small: '07 Burner 15° Reax 50 Stiff 

:titelist-small: 816 H1 18° Fujikura Speeder HB 8.8 Stiff | :titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff

:ping-small:  I500 5 - UW Red Dot Dynamic Gold S300 | :Hogan: Equalizer 52° / 56° KBS Tour V 110 Stiff

:cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0 | :ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Left Dash Pro V1x| Right Handed 

Today is 1 week in the books. Did a little more in depth review on the tracking sheet (in my signature and 1st post). Overall was good definitely had cravings but nothing worse then when i stopped dipping. 
intiial weight drop was surprising wasn’t expecting a very big initial drop. Maintained after than and have not been under 200 in several years. Was never at any point “starving” and I use that term loosely, also my overall energy seemed to have an increase.
I also found pains and swelling to go down as well (knees and hands).

going to keep on keeping on and hopefully see some more losses and maybe a waste shrink we shall see. 

oh and I had a surgery last Thursday so the NA for swing speed is because I won’t be swinging probably until next week some time.

Tonight had some chickpea pasta with vegan meatballs, broccoli and marinara. Was actually pretty damn good

• Like 6

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

Might need to consider looking at this more in depth.  I feel like a bag of smashed potato chips lately.  Just dead tired all the time, falling asleep watching TV at like 9... not normal.  I do dislike this time change junk though.  Might have to move to Australia in the winter.... 

• Like 3