TESTERS WANTED! ×

Project x evenflow

Kboyen

Hi all. 

Fitstly, ideally I would get fit, but currently am unable to do so, so am looking to just do a little trial and error. 

Looking for thoughts on the project x evenflow blue in both my driver and 3 wood. (Currently have it in my 3 wood and works well.) May seem a silly question but is ok to use exactly the same make of shaft in my driver, (but just lighter and longer in this case.)? Or would it be a better idea to first try a EF BLACK with a little less launch and spin bias? 

my 3 wood is EF blue, 6.0 75g, so am looking at EF blue 6.0 65g. 

Intrested to to see if anyone else has had success with these shafts and if anyone has used the same shafts in the driver and woods. 

many thanks. 

35 minutes ago, Kboyen said:

Hi all. 

Fitstly, ideally I would get fit, but currently am unable to do so, so am looking to just do a little trial and error. 

Looking for thoughts on the project x evenflow blue in both my driver and 3 wood. (Currently have it in my 3 wood and works well.) May seem a silly question but is ok to use exactly the same make of shaft in my driver, (but just lighter and longer in this case.)? Or would it be a better idea to first try a EF BLACK with a little less launch and spin bias? 

Intrested to to see if anyone else has had success with these shafts and if anyone has used the same shafts in the driver and woods. 

many thanks. 

I have the blue in my 3 wood and hybrids and love it, but it's not for everybody.  It's more of a smooth transition shaft; I've heard of higher swing speed players overpowering it.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

56 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

I have the blue in my 3 wood and hybrids and love it, but it's not for everybody.  It's more of a smooth transition shaft; I've heard of higher swing speed players overpowering it.

Have you tried the evenflow blue in the driver as well, or what was the reasoning not to? 

The black is the same as the blue but has a slightly stiffer tip. 

there’s nothing wrong with using same shaft in driver and fairway. Could be same weight or could be lighter.

what works better for in the driver will vary by person. I’ve had same weight and flex in both clubs and had no issues. PX also said you could use the same and recommended a 10g weight difference 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

8 minutes ago, Kboyen said:

Have you tried the evenflow blue in the driver as well, or what was the reasoning not to? 

I game a Honma with their stock Vizard shaft.  Performs great for me, haven't really kicked the tires on an aftermarket shaft for it, blue or anything else.  I'd have no problem gaming it in driver though, it's a great shaft that fits me and performs well in the 3 clubs I have it in.  Like anything else, I recommend getting fit and see if the numbers say it works for you too.

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

33 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

I game a Honma with their stock Vizard shaft.  Performs great for me, haven't really kicked the tires on an aftermarket shaft for it, blue or anything else.  I'd have no problem gaming it in driver though, it's a great shaft that fits me and performs well in the 3 clubs I have it in.  Like anything else, I recommend getting fit and see if the numbers say it works for you too.

I didn't think there were any aftermarket shafts for Honmas due to their adjustment set up.  I have the TW747 and haven't even looked into another shaft because of that.  Am I wrong?  Should I start searching?  I hope I'm wrong.

Just tap it in.  Lil' taparoo.

:honma: TW747 460 10.5° Vizard stiff

:adams-small: 4 Hybrid

:Sub70: 699 5-Aw; KBS Tour-V 90 Stiff

:cleveland-small: Tour Action 58°

:taylormade-small: Spider Interactive

6 minutes ago, IDontGiveAchuck said:

I didn't think there were any aftermarket shafts for Honmas due to their adjustment set up.  I have the TW747 and haven't even looked into another shaft because of that.  Am I wrong?  Should I start searching?  I hope I'm wrong.

Aftermarkets are available; @PMookiegames the TR20 in a Ventus. You can check with a Honma rep or Club Champion for what's available

I play the black. Haven't tested the blue, but I love it. Spin killer for me and keeps the ball low which I need. I will say though you should have a repeatable tempo or smoother tempo. If you are really whipping around the shaft then you are probably not going to enjoy the feel. But if you play the blue you probably know all that.

I would imagine if you already like one, you should probably keep playing it?

WITB

Driver- PING G400 LST w/ Project X Evenflow Black

Fwy- TM Aeroburner 16.5HL

Irons- Callaway Steelhead XR (3-PW)

Wedges- Callaway MD3 (50,54,58)

Putter- Cleveland TFI Satin Cero

Ball-  Snell MTB-X

I play the Blue 6.0 in my driver, 3 wood and hybrid. I love the shaft. I originally had in my hybrid, liked it so when I ordered my 3 wood from @GolfSub70 I was happy to see that it was the standard option at the time. Loved it in the 3 wood, so when I got my M5 I ordered it after a month and haven't looked back.

In fact, I did a club evaluation a couple of Saturdays ago and the fitter said that it was the right shaft for me.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/16/2020 at 10:36 AM, RickyBobby_PR said:

The black is the same as the blue but has a slightly stiffer tip. 

there’s nothing wrong with using same shaft in driver and fairway. Could be same weight or could be lighter.

what works better for in the driver will vary by person. I’ve had same weight and flex in both clubs and had no issues. PX also said you could use the same and recommended a 10g weight difference 

I got fitted into EvenFlow White on both Driver and 3W (and love both) but interestingly my driver is 10g heavier (85) than my 3W (75). Seems like this is the opposite of conventional wisdom/normal recommendations so I thought it was interesting.

I guess it puts some wonky swingweights at the top of my bag 🤷‍♂️

:titelist-small: TSi3 @ 9° w/ Tensei AV White 65         :titelist-small: TSi2 5W @ 14.5° w/ Tensei AV White 75

:taylormade-small: P790 4-7, P760 8-PW w/ Project X 6.0          :vokey-small: 50°, 56°, 60°

:scotty-small: Pro Platinum Newport Mid-Slant          :titelist-small: Hybrid 14 Stand Bag          :titelist-small: ProV1

7 minutes ago, jwlong410 said:

I got fitted into EvenFlow White on both Driver and 3W (and love both) but interestingly my driver is 10g heavier (85) than my 3W (75). Seems like this is the opposite of conventional wisdom/normal recommendations so I thought it was interesting.

I guess it puts some wonky swingweights at the top of my bag 🤷‍♂️

Generally yeah that’s the opposite but sometimes a fitting will show things that go against that. 

I was fit into driver and 3w with the same shaft, driver was cut down 1/4” and some hot melt added. The fitter had thought for the driver I would be into a heavier non counterbalanced shaft based on data froM my baseline swings. He was shocked how good the numbers were and slight improvement in descent angle when he put the lighter cb shaft in

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/16/2020 at 8:00 AM, Kboyen said:

Hi all. 

many thanks. 

I've always played a lower launch/lower spin shafts in my 3 wood, while playing more of a mid launch in the driver. Currently have the Evenflow Riptide CB in my driver, and I'll be switching it for 2021. It was a good shaft, but I'll likely be going with something that has lower torque. 

Driver:  Titleist TSR4
3 Wood: Taylormade Stealth Plus
2 Iron: Mizuno Pro Fli Hi
4-GW IronsMIZUNO PRO 225
Wedges 51* and 56*: Honma TII World
Putter: PXG Spitfire GEN2