Srixon Introduces the 2021 ZX Iron Lineup

Our Sponsors

19 minutes ago, mr.hicksta said:

Switching to the 921 Forged from the Z785s and then back to the Z785s made me realize how good the VT sole is. It makes a difference IMO!

It’s a huge difference.  I also had comparisons with 919 Forged and  Z585.  Such a different turf interaction. 

• Like 2

:titelist-small: TSi2 Kuro Kage 50g R Flex

:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:ping-small: Heppler Tomcast 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Send me your credit cards and check book. You are banned from buying any more new equipment until you break 80.

Yup, ZX7s are 100% in the bag. Happy-freaking-birthday to me!!!

Our own John Barba will have his very detailed look at these as well on the homepage today, but here is the official word on the launch of the much anticipated ZX iron line    HUNTINGTON BEA

Posted Images

Almost pulled the trigger on the Z785’s, and all signs indicate it will be tough to keep the set I have instead of grabbing the ZX7’s. The v-sole is legit. I tend to be a little steep with my swing. Time will tell!

• Like 1

P790s/M5 Driver/F9 3wood/F9 hybrid/MG2 wedges/Ardmore putter

I guess the question is, find a good deal on Z585s or wait for ZX5s?

• Like 1

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 12/27/2020
Driver:titelist-small: TSi 2 - Graphite Design AD-XC 6S
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:srixon-small: ZX5 5 - PW - Nippon Modus 120 S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - KBS Hi-Rev S
Putter:  :EVNROLL: ER2

4 hours ago, dlow206 said:

The thing that most interests me about Srixon irons in the V-Sole. I am a turf destroyer, and if these can help me even a tiny bit, they would be worth it. I am not expecting magic here, but any help i can get would be awesome. 

Exactly! That's one of the main reasons why I chose the Cleveland CBX Launchers. TXG on their channel this morning in looking at the ZX irons mentioned how good the Vsole is for diggers or people like me with a steeper path. And speaking from experience, knowing that there's that turf forgiveness is just such a mental comfort and one less thing to worry about that it really feels so much smoother throughout your shot. 

Rag tag bag, but it does the job. 

Taylormade R1 driver.

Cleveland CBX launcher irons. 

Assorted wedges.

Odyssey White Hot Pro putter.

1 hour ago, dlow206 said:

I guess the question is, find a good deal on Z585s or wait for ZX5s?

The Z585s are really good so I'd say scoop a set if you can find one. I got my second set of Z785s BNIB for $675 so there are deals out there!

• Like 1

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9º | ACCRA TZ5 65 M4
:callaway-small: Epic Speed 3W 15º | ACCRA TZ5 75 M4
:callaway-small: Apex 3H 19º | ACCRA TZ5 95H M4
:srixon-small: Z785 4-PW | MCA MMT Taper Iron 125 S
:cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore Tour Rack 50, 54, 60 (Mid) | MCA MMT Taper Iron 125 S
:EVNROLL: ER5 | BGT Stability Tour
:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

Cleveland/Srixon have a history of being able to make a great blended set, the ability to easily combine the Altitudes/MTs/TTs really got a lot of traction and the Z lines have continued it. A potential ZX4/ZX5 set just sounds so sexy and I haven't even seen the 4s yet!!! As a digger myself, the VT sole would probably be a huge help for me.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:callaway-small: Big Bertha Mini (the :wilson_staff_small:  D7 is in time out)
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:ping-small: iWedge 58*
:cleveland-small: #10

Twitter: @russtopherb

FYI if others are interested, a couple combo sets of the 7 series on the WRX BST 

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash SZ with  :Fuji:Pro 2.0 TS 7X. Testing Tensei Orange Pro S (1" tipped) at 44.75"

2H: :callaway-small: Super Hybrid with Tensei Orange Pro Hyb 80 Stiff (shaft may be swapped at some point) 

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F3 hybrid soft stepped XStiff UPRT setting 

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long Unofficial Review

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)  (Backup 54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up)

Putter: :taylormade-small: Corza Ghost 35" ( Benched :odyssey-small: Toulon Las Vegas Stroke Lab  34")

Ball: :Snell:MTB-X

:Arccos:

33 minutes ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

you could also combo a 585/785 set.... these irons are some of the best you will ever play.

You are tempting me too much *clicks heels* “I don’t need new irons, I don’t need new irons”

• Haha 1

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash SZ with  :Fuji:Pro 2.0 TS 7X. Testing Tensei Orange Pro S (1" tipped) at 44.75"

2H: :callaway-small: Super Hybrid with Tensei Orange Pro Hyb 80 Stiff (shaft may be swapped at some point) 

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F3 hybrid soft stepped XStiff UPRT setting 

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long Unofficial Review

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)  (Backup 54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up)

Putter: :taylormade-small: Corza Ghost 35" ( Benched :odyssey-small: Toulon Las Vegas Stroke Lab  34")

The 785's were the only thing remotely close to the same feel and fit for my game that my Mizuno MP 18 SC's were.  At that point, I only had my Mizunos for about 8 months and still have them now a few years later.  My irons are certainly a strength of my game, but if I do choose to change it may be to these ZX7's if they look and feel as good as the 785's did.  A little disappointed by the pricing increases, but Srixon is a great iron that gets looked over too many times.  

Possibly even go to the 785's if I can find them in mint condition from a reseller.  In my opinion, irons like these don't get major overhauls or updates to them as more game improvement irons can. 

• Like 1

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X

3 Hybrid: :titelist-small: 818H2 Fujikura Atmos TS Blue 8X

4 Iron - Srixon ZX 23* Recoil F5

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: MP 18 SC Dynamic Gold AMT X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:  image.png.cca2328f4144a299c795aa9b8f3bf677.png Inovai 6.0              :scotty-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"  

27 minutes ago, juspoole said:

The 785's were the only thing remotely close to the same feel and fit for my game that my Mizuno MP 18 SC's were.  At that point, I only had my Mizunos for about 8 months and still have them now a few years later.  My irons are certainly a strength of my game, but if I do choose to change it may be to these ZX7's if they look and feel as good as the 785's did.  A little disappointed by the pricing increases, but Srixon is a great iron that gets looked over too many times.  

Possibly even go to the 785's if I can find them in mint condition from a reseller.  In my opinion, irons like these don't get major overhauls or updates to them as more game improvement irons can. 

Going back to the Z785s from the 921 Forged I was blown away by how good they feel! I'm excited about the ZX7s, but for real the Z785s are going to be hard to beat, which is why I'm keeping them instead of offloading them like I normally would 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9º | ACCRA TZ5 65 M4
:callaway-small: Epic Speed 3W 15º | ACCRA TZ5 75 M4
:callaway-small: Apex 3H 19º | ACCRA TZ5 95H M4
:srixon-small: Z785 4-PW | MCA MMT Taper Iron 125 S
:cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore Tour Rack 50, 54, 60 (Mid) | MCA MMT Taper Iron 125 S
:EVNROLL: ER5 | BGT Stability Tour
:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

5 minutes ago, mr.hicksta said:

which is why I'm keeping them instead of offloading them like I normally would 🤣

You're a stronger man than me by far 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

:titelist-small: TSi2 Kuro Kage 50g R Flex

:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:ping-small: Heppler Tomcast 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

*Null*

Edited by rbsiedsc
double post

2 hours ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

you could also combo a 585/785 set.... these irons are some of the best you will ever play.

Are the z-forged worthy of combo'ing with the 785 or are the785 great on their own merits?

1 minute ago, rbsiedsc said:

Are the z-forged worthy of combo'ing with the 785 or are the785 great on their own merits?

I don't anything about the z forged but I can tell you the 785s are fantastic clubs. Right up there with any Mizuno or Titleist. Seriously underrated.

The heads can be a little small so the idea of adding 4-6 585 with 785 7-P is done quite a bit for mid HC.
I have a full set of 785 and they are great, but if you want a touch more forgiveness with the long irons the 585 offer that.

• Like 2

P G410 LST | C King F7 | C SuperHybrid | T 818 H2 | S Z785 | C ZipCore | Bettinardi SS38 armlock

1 minute ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

I don't anything about the z forged but I can tell you the 785s are fantastic clubs. Right up there with any Mizuno or Titleist. Seriously underrated.

The heads can be a little small so the idea of adding 4-6 585 with 785 7-P is done quite a bit for mid HC.
I have a full set of 785 and they are great, but if you want a touch more forgiveness with the long irons the 585 offer that.

Thanks. I am to in love with my PXGs at the moment, but having the tour racks with the V-sole are starting to grow on me to a point that maybe a srixon is in my future (shhh, don't tell my wife)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rbsiedsc said:

Thanks. I am to in love with my PXGs at the moment, but having the tour racks with the V-sole are starting to grow on me to a point that maybe a srixon is in my future (shhh, don't tell my wife)

yeah...they really started a trend with that v sole and I have to say it really works. cuts through the turf smoothly (fewer fat shots) and moves the ball up the face into the sweet spot better (on thin shots) .... certainly worth a look.

• Like 1

P G410 LST | C King F7 | C SuperHybrid | T 818 H2 | S Z785 | C ZipCore | Bettinardi SS38 armlock

3 minutes ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

yeah...they really started a trend with that v sole and I have to say it really works. cuts through the turf smoothly (fewer fat shots) and moves the ball up the face into the sweet spot better (on thin shots) .... certainly worth a look.

that sounds like they would be very helpful. If there is ever testing of these in combo sets, man, everyone could get hooked 😉

Sadly I never got to hit them at my fitting in August, which is unfortunate, as I was leaning towards them just due to the tech.

Edited by rbsiedsc
  • Like 1

Great looking irons and would love to think about the ZX7, just a really clean looking set. Probably no new irons in the future, but you never know.

• Like 2

:SuperSpeed: Follow My Super Speed Progress Here 

:cobra-small: Cobra Speedzone Extreme 9° Mitshubishi Tensei AV Blue 65 Stiff Flex

:taylormade-small: '07 Burner 15° Reax 50 Stiff Flex

:titelist-small: 816 H1 18° Fujikura Speeder HB 8.8 Stiff Flex

:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff Flex

:ping-small:  I500 5 - UW Red Dot Dynamic Gold S300

:Hogan: Equalizer 52° (at 54°)/ 56° (at 58°) KBS Tour V 110 Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small:  Cleveland SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0

:ping-small: Hoofer Bag

Right Handed

image.png.42d97d29499c4859c0228591cacde11b.png

Interesting, and not surprising, there is no W plug in the PW it looks like. This set looks so seamless. Great job Srixon!