TESTERS WANTED! ×

Looking forward to 2021... WITB thoughts

As we move more towards 2021, I just wanted to throw a thread out there to discuss any new ideas everyone is exploring for 2021.  Like me, I'm sure many of you are all gear heads and love to play around with different set ups. 

As I move into 2021, I'm fairly confident in most portions of my bag.  I am, however, going to explore:

1.  Different shaft set up for my 20* hybrid.  Currently swinging a Tensi Blue X-stiff.  However, I'm not so sure about the flighting and playability of the shaft for my swing.  (I can tend to cook it pretty hard left when I try to hit a low burner) 

2.  I do like the MG2's and their feel.  However, I'm keen to give the Mizuno's wedges.  

That's the plan thus far.  I'm not overly feeling a change in any of the other gear at this time.  The 919 Tours are a dream, the sim is magnificent, the Epic Flash three wood is fantastic...  No need to mess with those any further shafting or otherwise. 

So what's your plan for 2021?  Any preliminary thoughts as we approach the new year with gear changes you're looking into?

Play well y'all.  

BNewt51

Golf Addict.... Father of 4.  Pennsylvania Golfer 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond - Ventus Red X :callaway-small:

3 Wood:  TS2 14* :titleist-small:

Hybrid:  Titleist TSI 2 18*  (Only used on Soft Rainy days)  image.png.94e8f04243fe8584238d70d382b90525.png

Utility Irons:  4 iron (Steel Fiber FC 110 - Stiff)  image.png.edaa152b6173d27a9529d0f1d7fcc172.png

Irons:  Titleist T-150 4-PW Steel Fiber CW 110 - Stiff  :titleist-small:

Wedges:  Vokey 48-8 Vokey 54-10 Vokey 58-6 all SM9's  :titleist-small:

Putter:  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5 Flowback (custom shop copper finish) or Bettinardi QB8  :titleist-small:  :bettinardi-small:

Ball:  Pro-V1x :titleist-small:

Titleist Tour Carry Bag Black and White  :titleist-small:

Bushnell Range Finder (Patriot Pack)  

*King of taking (borrowing) all my club ***** friends clubs after they've discarded them after a couple months!

I'm taking a serious look at a set of Sub70 699 irons. They are a little bit bigger iron than what I like but I might give them a try for the price. 

Ping G430 Driver, 19° Hybrid, Ping Anser 23° Hybrid, Mizuno 923 Hot Metal 6-GW, Ping 54°&58° Glides, Scotty Cameron 5.5

3 hours ago, braincramp said:

I'm taking a serious look at a set of Sub70 699 irons. They are a little bit bigger iron than what I like but I might give them a try for the price. 

I've heard a lot of good things about the Sub-70 brand.  I'd be curious to hear your reactions to trying them and seeing how they play?  Are you hoping for some more forgiveness or something else in that set?

BNewt51

Hybrid:  Titleist TSI 2 18*  (Only used on Soft Rainy days)  image.png.94e8f04243fe8584238d70d382b90525.png

Utility Irons:  4 iron (Steel Fiber FC 110 - Stiff)  image.png.edaa152b6173d27a9529d0f1d7fcc172.png

Putter:  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5 Flowback (custom shop copper finish) or Bettinardi QB8  :titleist-small:  :bettinardi-small:

*King of taking (borrowing) all my club ***** friends clubs after they've discarded them after a couple months!

trying to dial in my wedges. I'm not 100% confident with my lob wedge, thinking I need a tad more bounce, right now using the vokey K grind low bounce, which has a wide sole, but can be too diggy when I'm not opening the face of the club. Also I want to get my lie angles checked and possibly go more upright as I tend to leave my longer pitches and full shots out to the right. Also contemplating going from a 52, 56, 60 combo to maybe a 53/58 or 53/59 setup and possibly add another club between my 16.5 TS2 and my 3 iron. Thinking of maybe 21 degree TS2, and possibly dropping the loft to fine tune yardage as my gap bewteen my 3 iron a 4 wood is what keeps me from going for par 5's when the yardage is smack in the middle of those 2 clubs.

My next main goal for my bag is to figure out a driver I can be comfortable with and more consistent. I have been really liking a new shaft I picked up, Fujikura speeder 661 evo 2.0, I really like that when I go after it it's taken away the left miss I would have, but sometimes I tend to block it out to the right if I don't trust my swing and hesitate. I really liked the SIM head when I had a demo, and hopefully can compare it to the new titleist and have a winner sooner than later. 

Edited by wely324

On 11/16/2020 at 4:56 PM, BNewton51 said:

I've heard a lot of good things about the Sub-70 brand.  I'd be curious to hear your reactions to trying them and seeing how they play?  Are you hoping for some more forgiveness or something else in that set?

I had a hard time going with sub70 after the $200 shaft upgrade. Price was too comparable to what I was fit for, mizuno JPX hot metal 921 with nippon modus shaft. 

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

Now that I have upgraded my driver and still playing the Wilson D7's and Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth wedges (which I finally figured out how to hit better, lol). I'm definitely looking at a fairway wood of some kind and maybe a newer putter...maybe.

Driver @ 10.5*

4i @ 19*

3/5W @ ~15? We'll have to see!

In my :ping-small: Hoofer:

:ping-small: G410 LST 10.5* - Kai'Li White 60 X-flex

:nike-small: VRS Covert 3W 15* - Kuro Kage 65 S-flex

:titelist-small:  T200 4-GW, DG X100 Tour Issue - Tester

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth 54.12 SS & 58.10 SS

:ping-small:  Zing 2 LW - 60*

:ping-small:  Anser 2

It will probably be time for new wedges next year, and I should really get fit for them.  And I'll probably continue my dysfunctional relationship with my utility clubs/hybrids.  My old Big Bertha S2H2 keeps finding its way back into my bag.

Oh, and I'll probably buy way too many classic clubs and maybe another Sun Mountain 2.5 that I really don't need but got a good deal on.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/19/2020 at 11:46 AM, wely324 said:

trying to dial in my wedges. I'm not 100% confident with my lob wedge, thinking I need a tad more bounce, right now using the vokey K grind low bounce, which has a wide sole, but can be too diggy when I'm not opening the face of the club. Also I want to get my lie angles checked and possibly go more upright as I tend to leave my longer pitches and full shots out to the right. Also contemplating going from a 52, 56, 60 combo to maybe a 53/58 or 53/59 setup and possibly add another club between my 16.5 TS2 and my 3 iron. Thinking of maybe 21 degree TS2, and possibly dropping the loft to fine tune yardage as my gap bewteen my 3 iron a 4 wood is what keeps me from going for par 5's when the yardage is smack in the middle of those 2 clubs.

My next main goal for my bag is to figure out a driver I can be comfortable with and more consistent. I have been really liking a new shaft I picked up, Fujikura speeder 661 evo 2.0, I really like that when I go after it it's taken away the left miss I would have, but sometimes I tend to block it out to the right if I don't trust my swing and hesitate. I really liked the SIM head when I had a demo, and hopefully can compare it to the new titleist and have a winner sooner than later. 

interesting, because as it relates to wedges I think I may be one of the few that hasn't ever really cared for the Vokey's.  I've played a few of them over the years and honestly the Callaway MD4 Jaws and Cleveland wedges always performed better for me.  I also find that they offer bounces / grinds that work for me.  Now, I'm sure that it's probably a lot more to do with my mentals on that, but just what I've found.  

I tried the MG2's this year.  I can't say i have anything terrible to say about them.  The insert makes them really give off that whole "forged" feel from a nonforged club.  Very soft on contact.  But I do find that when I need to float one or play a certain non-full shot they are a bit hard to do it with.  They're a one trick pony so to speak.  Again, just my impression.  

Great post though man!  Really appreciated reading about your plans for testing. 

Play well!

BNewt51

On 11/19/2020 at 2:39 PM, RollingGreens said:

I had a hard time going with sub70 after the $200 shaft upgrade. Price was too comparable to what I was fit for, mizuno JPX hot metal 921 with nippon modus shaft. 

Isn't that a common place thing with some of the straight to consumer models?  They, on paper, look great and cheap comparably to some of the bigger brands but when you upgrade the shafts to your specs, the grips, lie and loft they almost come in at the same sticker price.  Can't say I'll be switching my 919 tours at all, but if I were in the market I'm not particularly sure that I'd look at some of the straight to consumers because of that.  Though, I must say the Hogans are quite beautiful! 

BNewt51

On 11/19/2020 at 4:05 PM, Tarheelvolvo said:

Now that I have upgraded my driver and still playing the Wilson D7's and Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth wedges (which I finally figured out how to hit better, lol). I'm definitely looking at a fairway wood of some kind and maybe a newer putter...maybe.

Driver @ 10.5*

4i @ 19*

3/5W @ ~15? We'll have to see!

Definitely would recommend a 15* three wood to square away that gap, or you could consider a 4 or 5 wood.  Something to fit in there and take care of that gap.  As they say, fitting is always key and I'm sure you will go that route.  But, I think the top end of the bag often gets ignored but it's critically important I think. 

Play well brother.  I'd highly recommend the SIM (Almost went that route and may very well still go that route tbh) or the Callaway Epic Flash three woods (Love mine more than the Mavricks!).  Both of those were fantastic!

On 11/19/2020 at 9:36 PM, HardcoreLooper said:

It will probably be time for new wedges next year, and I should really get fit for them.  And I'll probably continue my dysfunctional relationship with my utility clubs/hybrids.  My old Big Bertha S2H2 keeps finding its way back into my bag.

Oh, and I'll probably buy way too many classic clubs and maybe another Sun Mountain 2.5 that I really don't need but got a good deal on.

Love it brotha!  I mean, we don't need ANY of it, but we NEED IT!!!  At least that's how I see it. 

BNewt51

On 11/19/2020 at 9:36 PM, HardcoreLooper said:

The Maltby M-Series wedges have been ordered.  Can't wait to strip out all of the paint fill and see them plain black.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

6 hours ago, BNewton51 said:

interesting, because as it relates to wedges I think I may be one of the few that hasn't ever really cared for the Vokey's.  I've played a few of them over the years and honestly the Callaway MD4 Jaws and Cleveland wedges always performed better for me.  I also find that they offer bounces / grinds that work for me.  Now, I'm sure that it's probably a lot more to do with my mentals on that, but just what I've found.  

I tried the MG2's this year.  I can't say i have anything terrible to say about them.  The insert makes them really give off that whole "forged" feel from a nonforged club.  Very soft on contact.  But I do find that when I need to float one or play a certain non-full shot they are a bit hard to do it with.  They're a one trick pony so to speak.  Again, just my impression.  

Great post though man!  Really appreciated reading about your plans for testing. 

Play well!

Prior to the vokeys I had a set of cleveland 588 tour actions in my bag from 2006, I love the look of those, gunmetal finish too. Just not a big fan of the new cleveland stuff.  The JAWS wedges are nice, they have a few wedge grinds I'd like to try. Unfortunately the cold weather has finally hit NJ so I don't see myself getting out and practicing too often till spring. 

2021 is gonna be a fun season. like you, most of my bag is set. i got my irons in at the end of this season so i’ll spend the winter getting used to them at the range.  i’m testing out a few things at the top of my bag though 

driver: sim 8* head, shaft is up for debate

Oban Kiyoshi Tour Limited 70TX, Graphite Designs XC 7TX, and Diamana ZF 60TX are all gonna be tested this winter against each other 

3W: sim rocket 14* vs cobra king speed zone 14.5*

ive got an atmos black tour spec 9TX and a GD XC 7X that i’ll test in each head 

i also put together a second bag for my house down in florida, so the runners up from all my testing will head down there

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

11 hours ago, wely324 said:

Prior to the vokeys I had a set of cleveland 588 tour actions in my bag from 2006, I love the look of those, gunmetal finish too. Just not a big fan of the new cleveland stuff.  The JAWS wedges are nice, they have a few wedge grinds I'd like to try. Unfortunately the cold weather has finally hit NJ so I don't see myself getting out and practicing too often till spring. 

I hear, and as a PA guy, and feel your pain. However, I'm one of those sick guys that will be out hitting balls and playing so long as there isn't any snow on the ground! 😄  Heck, I have a tournament NEXT Saturday to play in. lol

I would agree the newer Cleveland wedges haven't hit my feels much.  I just don't know about their visual.  BUT, I would agree back when the 588's were around I was definitely a huge fan.  Probably why I went the route of the Jaws because they have a similar look to them of the old ones.  They also are extremely versatile. 

BNewt51

3 hours ago, Chip Strokes said:

2021 is gonna be a fun season. like you, most of my bag is set. i got my irons in at the end of this season so i’ll spend the winter getting used to them at the range.  i’m testing out a few things at the top of my bag though 

driver: sim 8* head, shaft is up for debate

Oban Kiyoshi Tour Limited 70TX, Graphite Designs XC 7TX, and Diamana ZF 60TX are all gonna be tested this winter against each other 

3W: sim rocket 14* vs cobra king speed zone 14.5*

ive got an atmos black tour spec 9TX and a GD XC 7X that i’ll test in each head 

i also put together a second bag for my house down in florida, so the runners up from all my testing will head down there

I'd be fairly confident in saying that the Cobra Speed Zone will be in Florida! lol  That Sim 3w is an absolute beast!  If I wasn't dead set on my Epic Flash 3w I'd have gotten into that to match up with my Sim Driver. 

Play well and may the tests go well brotha!

BNewt51

18 hours ago, BNewton51 said:

Isn't that a common place thing with some of the straight to consumer models?  They, on paper, look great and cheap comparably to some of the bigger brands but when you upgrade the shafts to your specs, the grips, lie and loft they almost come in at the same sticker price.  Can't say I'll be switching my 919 tours at all, but if I were in the market I'm not particularly sure that I'd look at some of the straight to consumers because of that.  Though, I must say the Hogans are quite beautiful! 

I even had a strong affinity to use sub70. The up charges were just killers. I was also in a weird predicament where this is my first time being fitted. Talking to Jason on the phone we had talked about adjusting lie angles. I ended bull up being fitted with 2 degrees upright. Maybe in the future I would consider sub70 because of knowing my specs but it would be a hard pill to swallow for a brand that at this time doesn’t have great resale value. 

knowing that the tech in golf clubs improves about every 2-3 years, is it safe to assume that they are behind the curve? Smaller companies have admitted to doing less R and D, and closely piggy backing off bigger OEM builds.  So essentially you are buying a newer version of equipment without the upgraded performance 

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

I'm basically set for my clubs.  I might try testing a 4 Hybrid and a 5 Wood to give me some options for different courses. 

The one thing I do need to get is a light weight stand/carry bag.  I have 2 staff type bags now (Long story) that I use primarily with a Clicgear, but I'd like to have a bag to travel with.  

:ping-small:   Driver: G410 Plus

:cobra-small:  Fairway Wood:  F8 3 Wood

:callaway-small: Hybrid:  Rogue 3 Hybrid

:callaway-small: Hybrid: Rogue X 5 Hybrid

:callaway-small: Irons:  Rogue 6-PW

:Sub70: Irons:  699 Pros 5-PW

:Sub70: Utility Iron: 699-U 2 Iron

:cleveland-small: Wedges: RTX-4 48/52/56/60 °

:cleveland-small: Putter: Huntington Beach No. 1

:bettinardi-small: Putter: BB8-Wide (2020)

:cameron-small: Putter:  Special Select Newport 2 (2020)

:callaway-small:  Bag: Rogue Staff Bag

:Sub70:  Bag:  Sub70 Staff Bag

:Clicgear:  clicgear 3.5 cart

:Arccos: Caddie System

I will be looking for a new driver; getting fitted when the time comes.  I am not hating my driver, but will look to see if one provides more consistency.  I just added a new 56 wedge so am all set there.

Mizuno Irons, Callaway Driver, Cleveland Wedges, Evnroll putter

On 12/4/2020 at 7:31 PM, chadley300 said:

I will be looking for a new driver; getting fitted when the time comes.  I am not hating my driver, but will look to see if one provides more consistency.  I just added a new 56 wedge so am all set there.

what's your current big stick?  I've tried a lot of them and have to say I settled on the SIM and I would definitely NOT change a thing!  That Driver has all the characteristics one could want in a driver (i.e. length, consistency, great ball speeds, low'ish spin, etc..) and then some!  Haven't been this consistent off the tee with anything else in a LONG time! 

BNewt51

I’m set with my bag for now, there’s no club(s) I can think of that would overcome my inconsistent swing. When I put a good swing on any of my current clubs, the result is more than satisfactory. I recently tried the JPX921 Forged irons head to head with my JPX900F’s, but they didn’t perform or feel any different - if anything the Chromoly 921 felt a touch harsher than my 1025 Boron 900’s, but it might have just been familiarity. I’ll have to spend my golf budget on other thIngs! When/if Mizuno comes up with something better than my JPX900F’s, or some (acceptable to me) brand comes up with something clearly better than my Rogue D & 3W - I won’t hesitate to buy. I am tempted to try a L.A.B putter, but not in any hurry.

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/6/2020 at 10:05 AM, BNewton51 said:

what's your current big stick?  I've tried a lot of them and have to say I settled on the SIM and I would definitely NOT change a thing!  That Driver has all the characteristics one could want in a driver (i.e. length, consistency, great ball speeds, low'ish spin, etc..) and then some!  Haven't been this consistent off the tee with anything else in a LONG time! 

Currently I am playing a Cobra driver - the Cobra King.  I am going to see if something else feels better and provides a more consistent pattern for me.

Mizuno Irons, Callaway Driver, Cleveland Wedges, Evnroll putter

6 minutes ago, chadley300 said:

Currently I am playing a Cobra driver - the Cobra King.  I am going to see if something else feels better and provides a more consistent pattern for me.

unless you're playing a model that is greater than 3 years old, there really wont be much in it to make a switch.  Unless, of course, the driver itself is just NOT behaving and you can no longer stand the sight of it. 😄  I think we've reached a point in tech with these clubs that updating to a newer model will just not be substantially beneficial unless you're seriously outdated. 

BNewt51

I am thinking of updating my irons. There are a lot of things i like about my P790s however when I was initially fit my swing was by no means where it is now and I believe that a thinner sole and lower launching shaft would be a good fit. I like to think something like a T100S or a Mizuno MMC would be a good fit.

Driver:  :titleist-small: TSR3 8°, set to A1, Graphite Design UB 7X 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small:SIM 3 Wood 15°, Aldila Rouge Silver 7X

3 Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 18°, Ventus Blue 8S

2 Utility: :srixon-small: ZX Utility, LA Golf Tour AXS Blue, (15th club)

4i-AW:  :srixon-small:ZX7, Tour Issue Dynamic Gold 120's S400

56°: :Sub70: TAIII, Dynamic Gold S400

60° :Sub70: TAIII, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :L.A.B.: Mezz1 Max

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour BX

Forum Reviews: 

:Sub70: Official Member Review Sub 70 TAIII Wedges

:Nippon: Official Member Review Zelos 7 Shaft Review

:vokey-small:Unofficial Vokey SM8 and Wedge & Wedge Works Review 

:srixon-small:Unofficial Srixon 2021 ZX7 Iron Review

:titleist-small: Unofficial TSR3 Review

3 hours ago, karenburton1305 said:

I have to ask, is there a quick fix/cheat sheet to the clubs? Given that there's so many, and as a new learner, it can be difficult to get to grips with all of the different uses and choices. Are there any quick tips that I can use whilst I learn the details?

The most effective ways to find out which clubs fit your needs:

1. Be honest with yourself about your game and what your goals are
  2. Make an appointment with a reputable fitter where you can give all your details. (typical score, trouble parts of your game, what you do well, what your goals are-short and long, and your budget)
  3. Test a few brands at the suggestion of your fitter.  Go in there brand agnostic and allow them to pick out brands / clubs they feel will fit you best given your details
  4. and lastly, enjoy the process.  Nothing can be more satisfying than trying new clubs and having that full service you receive at a great fitter's shop. 

That's pretty much it.  While there isn't any written manual or cheat sheet, this will provide you with the most effective way to get out it the clubs that will work best for your. 

Play well and enjoy!

BNewt51

3 hours ago, ZMendle10 said:

I am thinking of updating my irons. There are a lot of things i like about my P790s however when I was initially fit my swing was by no means where it is now and I believe that a thinner sole and lower launching shaft would be a good fit. I like to think something like a T100S or a Mizuno MMC would be a good fit.

great thoughts on next clubs... Don't short change the JPX line, HMB's, or the P770s.  Those might all be good selections to put into your mix while you test out what's next. 

BNewt51

5 minutes ago, BNewton51 said:

great thoughts on next clubs... Don't short change the JPX line, HMB's, or the P770s.  Those might all be good selections to put into your mix while you test out what's next. 

I will definitely test out the JPX line and HMB but not so much the 770's I'm not seeing too much of a difference to warrant the change without testing however I am open to potentially comboing hem in the shorter irons instead of a full set change.

Forum Reviews: 

5 minutes ago, ZMendle10 said:

I will definitely test out the JPX line and HMB but not so much the 770's I'm not seeing too much of a difference to warrant the change without testing however I am open to potentially comboing hem in the shorter irons instead of a full set change.

The only thing I saw in the two was that the P770's were a bit thinner and smaller, but as you pointed out not much. 😄 

I wasn't a big Mizuno guy for many years.  In fact, never fully played a set in my bag that I wasn't borrowing at any given time.  But making the change over this year to the JPX tour models, I couldn't recommend them more.  And if you like to manufacture shots or move the ball around, those give you the ability as well as forgiveness that you wouldn't expect in them. 

BNewt51

30 minutes ago, BNewton51 said:

The only thing I saw in the two was that the P770's were a bit thinner and smaller, but as you pointed out not much. 😄 

I wasn't a big Mizuno guy for many years.  In fact, never fully played a set in my bag that I wasn't borrowing at any given time.  But making the change over this year to the JPX tour models, I couldn't recommend them more.  And if you like to manufacture shots or move the ball around, those give you the ability as well as forgiveness that you wouldn't expect in them. 

The reason I like the Forged as opposed to the tour is that I tend to get shallow and because of that thin shots are a nightmare so a little bit of help on the bottom few grooves is very much welcomed.

Forum Reviews: 

My 2021 WITB is basically set already. I desperately need some fresh wedges though

*:taylormade-small: Staff Professional*

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (7.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X Tipped 1" 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (14.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x Tipped 1"

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

4 Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (5-7) :taylormade-small: P7MC - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (8-P) :taylormade-small: P7MB - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 Black 50.09 / 55.11 - KBS TOUR FLT 130 X

60* Wedge: :taylormade-small: High Toe Raw - KBS Tour 130 X

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpg Custom Black ER2 or Custom Black :taylormade-small: Del Monte

Bag:  :taylormade-small: FlexTech Stand Bag

Glove:  :taylormade-small: Tour Preferred Glove

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5X #11

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: R1 Smart Rangefinder

Instagram: @dpattgolf