Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

The Penfold Seve Ballesteros Glove Collection - to Benefit the Seve Foundation

GolfSpy Barbajo

Some articles are more fun to write than others, and some companies are more fun to write about than others.  This article was fun to write and the company - Penfold Golf - is definitely fun to write about.

Reader's Digest Version: Penfold Golf is releasing a special edition 2-glove set to commemorate the 40th anniversary of Seve's first Masters victory back in 1980. The set features two specially designed Penfold GX gloves co-designed by Penfold and by Seve's three kids - Miguel, Carmen and Javier. A portion of the proceeds from the sale of these gloves will go to support the Seve Ballesteros Foundation, which supports brain cancer research as well as junior golf opportunities for kids in Spain. 

Here's a link to today's blog post: https://mygolfspy.com/the-penfold-seve-glove-set-a-masters-special/

The gloves themselves are pretty nice - cabretta leather with pretty distinctive styling, and they come nicely packages, for what that's worth. The package themselves combines two of my favorite things - charitable contributions and retro-nostalgia. It's $55 US for the two-pack, but it's for a worthy cause and the gloves themselves are pretty cool. 

I do like what Penfold is doing. It's just a couple of guys trying to resurrect a legendary British brand, and I think they're doing it the right way. I particularly like that whenever I talk with co-owner Gavin Perrett, he's not trying to say this is the best out there or our ball/glove/whatever is the best on the market. He's very matter of fact and says "these are pretty good, and we hope people will enjoy using them." 

I kinda like that. 

Here's a link to the Penfold USA website - you can find the Seve gloves in the SHOP section: https://www.penfoldgolfusa.com/shop

What say you all? 

Penfold_Seve_Glove - 5 (1 of 1).jpg

Penfold_Seve_Glove - 9 (1 of 1).jpg

Penfold_Seve_Glove - 11 (1 of 1).jpg

Penfold_Seve_Glove - 3 (1 of 1).jpg

Penfold_Seve_Glove - 2 (1 of 1).jpg

Penfold_Seve_Glove - 6 (1 of 1).jpg

Penfold_Seve_Glove - 8 (1 of 1).jpg

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo