**Updated** G425, TSi2 in hand. S**ts about to get real around me....

Our Sponsors

Don't even want to know how you got that G425...

(Actually I do)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 12/27/2020
Driver:titelist-small: TSi 2 - Graphite Design AD-XC 6S
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:srixon-small: ZX5 5 - PW - Nippon Modus 120 S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - KBS Hi-Rev S
Putter:  :EVNROLL: ER2

That 425 just looks so bad*ss 

• Like 1

In my bag:

Driver: :cobra-small: Speedzone 10.5* lofted down to 9.0* Fujikura Atmos Black TS 6X

Wood: :cobra-small: Speedzone Tour Fujikura Atmos Black TS 7X

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: MIM Tour Irons 4-PW Project X 6.5

Wedges: :cobra-small: MIM Black 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X 

Well, needless to say, I’m very intrigued by both of those and am curious to hear about their performance. Of all drivers coming out next year, the Ping has my interest the most!!!

• Like 3

Driver: :honma: TR20 460, :Fuji: Ventus Black 70X

Fwy: :titelist-small: TS3, 15*, Veylix Rome 888 X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4/5, Tour V 6-10, Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Platinum M5 HT Mallet, 36"

What shaft is in the Ping??  What is the SW compared to the Titleist?   I know.....I should just wait until the review write up.....

Modern Bag:  Ping G410+ 9*, Accra TourZ X265 M5;  Callaway Mavrik 16.5* 4W, EvenFlow Riptide 6.0 S 70g;  Mizuno JPX 919 HMP 4i, PX LZ 6.0;  Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Cleveland Tour Action 49*, 53*, 57*; PX LZ 6.5 ;  Ping Heppler Fetch;  Ball - Snell MTB-X; Bag - Sun Mountain H2NO 

Classic Bag:  Driver - Wilson Staff Persimmon; 3w - Hogan Speed Slot; 5w - Wilson Staff Tour Block; 3 - pw - Staff Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

• Shank Aaron changed the title to G425, TSi2 in hand. S**ts about to get real around me....
2 hours ago, Shank Aaron said:

Ok, here goes the G425 first take review. I will post up the TSi2 review later.

I want to start off by making it clear that my experience as of right now with either of these is on a GC Quad, and I made it a point not to record any data. My goal in that was to make sure my first swings with these two drivers would be strictly about feel, aesthetics, sound, and an overall first impression. I will be playing both drivers for a full 18 this weekend, and will have another sim session to record data after that. So, here goes.

Me- 

15 handicap

110-115 mph swing speed

2020 Avg driver distance (total via Arccos sensors)- 287 yards

*NOTE*- prior to starting the testing I had already went through my full bag warm up routine, and hit about 15 drives with my Mavrik gamer. 

The Club-

Ping G410 LST 10.5* neutral weight, neutral adapter settings- Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Black stiff 70 playing to 44.75" 

Ball- New, out of the sleeve Pro V1X's

Ping G425

Just at address I personally love the looks. Muted and subdued matte black really appeals to me in its simplicity. The first few practice swings made me notice the weight of the head. It's just heavy enough that you notice it on the release, but just light enough that I dont feel it as a chore to swing it. It's a really nice feeling club swinging at air. Time to make it rain. I spent the first 10 swings just getting used to the club and getting solid contact, roughly 75% of my usual swing. The sound is close to the same sound I got from other 400 series drivers, but the G425 is just a tad pingy. Not in a bad way, mind you. The sound is the usual muted twack you're used to from the G410, but theres just the slight hint of a soft ringing at the end. Now, up to this point everything I've written out is basically the same points of view you would expect from the 400 series drivers. Here is where the G425, at least in my opinion, take a very hard left at the fork. 

The feel off the face is unreal. All of you know what I'm talking about with your irons. When you hit the ball so sqaurely off the face that it feels like time has stopped, the ball melted, and you know you did it perfectly. My problem with previous 400 series drivers was that as good as they felt, and as forgiving as they were, I couldn't hit them as far as I could other drivers. I dont really trust distance readings from simulators, but if any of those numbers that popped up are true, this driver will be in every distance conversation in 2021. What impressed me the most were the feel of the mishits. Heel, toe, low, none of those strikes "felt" punishing in my hands and the balls still had nominal impact points on the sim screen. Like a guard dog begging to get off the leash and protect his turf, it just felt like it wanted to hit the ball as far as my ability would allow it. I really hope this will translate to the course and open air. If this driver gives me the proven forgiveness of a Ping AND gives me the distance I want? TAKE MY MONEY! 

I will get to work writing the TSi2 review later today. Apparently, they don't pay me to sit here and write club reviews. I've had my job backwards this entire time..... 

That was a nice transition from everything we've always known to here's where it got real!   Can't wait to hear your thoughts on the TSi as well.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

:titelist-small: TSi2 Kuro Kage 50g R Flex

:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:ping-small: Heppler Tomcast 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

2 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

That was a nice transition from everything we've always known to here's where it got real!   Can't wait to hear your thoughts on the TSi as well.

Very kind of you to say, I appreciate it. 

Driver- Mavrik 9* Fuji Motore X F1 6X

3W- Mavrik Aldila Rogue White 6S

5W- Mavrik Aldila Rogue White 6S

4H- Sub_70 939X UST Proforce V2 90X

5-PW- Miura CB-301 🤯🤯🤯 C-Taper 120 S 

Wedges- Zipcore Blackout 50/54/58

Putters- Evnroll ER5 Hatchback Murdered

Titleist Hybrid 14

Ball- Bridgestone Tour B XS

• Shank Aaron changed the title to **Updated** G425, TSi2 in hand. S**ts about to get real around me....

I got the G425 out for 18 Saturday and plugged an Arccos sensor into it to log the data. I played a local course to me that's only 5800, and has a total of 11 driver holes. I hit 6 of the 11 fairways. Aside from me being my usual, inconsistent self on the back 9, the driver proved to me what I knew from the simulator. IT WILL LAUNCH! Outside of the drives that were very short that I obviously did not have a good swing, I was very pleased with the performance. On my really bad swings and misses I was very shocked that the ball flights were straight pushes/pulls and not the 70 yard right high slice/50 yard left low hook I'm accustomed to when I swing lazy. The feel and sound was the same that I experienced in the sim, but seeing the ball flight in the open air was what I really needed to confirm. I used new Pro V1X's for the round. 

November 21, 2020 G425 LST 10.5*

1468438198_G425oncourse11_21_20.png.234af5cb21d2458a4e13ff6c60a6bed5.png

For a baseline, here is the only other time I've played this course earlier this year with my Mavrik performance. No judging. 

1811140526_7.22rounddata.png.c393a507955ca6688cc0cd45b5f4999f.png

And one more from a round at my home course last month with the Mavrik

326097220_HomeCoursedata10_2020.png.195d5329e92c125124a7066150c56bf2.png

• Like 2

Titleist Hybrid 14

6 minutes ago, Shank Aaron said:

I got the G425 out for 18 Saturday and plugged an Arccos sensor into it to log the data. I played a local course to me that's only 5800, and has a total of 11 driver holes. I hit 6 of the 11 fairways. Aside from me being my usual, inconsistent self on the back 9, the driver proved to me what I knew from the simulator. IT WILL LAUNCH! Outside of the drives that were very short that I obviously did not have a good swing, I was very pleased with the performance. On my really bad swings and misses I was very shocked that the ball flights were straight pushes/pulls and not the 70 yard right high slice/50 yard left low hook I'm accustomed to when I swing lazy. The feel and sound was the same that I experienced in the sim, but seeing the ball flight in the open air was what I really needed to confirm. I used new Pro V1X's for the round. 

November 21, 2020 G425 LST 10.5*

1468438198_G425oncourse11_21_20.png.234af5cb21d2458a4e13ff6c60a6bed5.png

For a baseline, here is the only other time I've played this course earlier this year with my Mavrik performance. No judging. 

1811140526_7.22rounddata.png.c393a507955ca6688cc0cd45b5f4999f.png

And one more from a round at my home course last month with the Mavrik

326097220_HomeCoursedata10_2020.png.195d5329e92c125124a7066150c56bf2.png

I saw that you have 110-115 mph swing, yet use just stiff shafts. Any reason you’re not in X-stiff?

• Like 2

Driver: :honma: TR20 460, :Fuji: Ventus Black 70X

Fwy: :titelist-small: TS3, 15*, Veylix Rome 888 X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4/5, Tour V 6-10, Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Platinum M5 HT Mallet, 36"

1 minute ago, PMookie said:

I saw that you have 110-115 mph swing, yet use just stiff shafts. Any reason you’re not in X-stiff?

My usual shaft is X, I used the Atmos TS for this because its the only shaft I had more than one of for this head to head to head thing. 

• Like 3

Titleist Hybrid 14

Nice job!!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I would love to see / hear some videos if you could upload some for our viewing pleasure.

• Like 1
  • PING G400 LST 8.5 Evenflow Black 65g 6.5
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Ben Hogan PTx Combo Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Maltby TSW 52, 58 Nippon Modus Wedge
  • Bettinardi BB8 Wide
  • Oncore Elixr

Western, NY

5.7 Index

Hi everyone. Sorry for the delay with more information. Family, work, and the holidays have temporarily derailed my plans for testing. The weather isn't helping either. I'm hoping to spend some in the sim next week, and hopefully get the TSi2 on the course as well. 

22 hours ago, bens197 said:

I would love to see / hear some videos if you could upload some for our viewing pleasure.

I HATE posting videos of myself, the last thing I want/need is to be internet famous, but heres a link to a couple slo-mo's of the Ping and the TSi2. No judgment allowed!

Ping- 

Titleist- 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Titleist Hybrid 14

1 hour ago, Shank Aaron said:

Hi everyone. Sorry for the delay with more information. Family, work, and the holidays have temporarily derailed my plans for testing. The weather isn't helping either. I'm hoping to spend some in the sim next week, and hopefully get the TSi2 on the course as well. 

I HATE posting videos of myself, the last thing I want/need is to be internet famous, but heres a link to a couple slo-mo's of the Ping and the TSi2. No judgment allowed!

Ping- 

Titleist- 

You won't get judged here on MGS...You have a unique swing and I think that's pretty dope.  Did you hand pick the LST vs MAX or was that just the one you were given to try?  

• Like 3
  • PING G400 LST 8.5 Evenflow Black 65g 6.5
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Ben Hogan PTx Combo Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Maltby TSW 52, 58 Nippon Modus Wedge
  • Bettinardi BB8 Wide
  • Oncore Elixr

Western, NY

5.7 Index

2 hours ago, bens197 said:

You won't get judged here on MGS...You have a unique swing and I think that's pretty dope.  Did you hand pick the LST vs MAX or was that just the one you were given to try?  

Thanks, I've had some back injuries from my time in the service. As awkward as my swing looks to some, it's the one that gives me the best results and least pain. Coming back that flat has also helped me overcome my over the top move that killed the game for me early on. 

As far as the LST, it fell into my lap. The only choice that was available to me was which shaft am I going to build? 

• Like 2

Titleist Hybrid 14