Jump to content

**Updated** G425, TSi2 in hand. S**ts about to get real around me....


Recommended Posts

On 12/1/2020 at 1:10 PM, Shank Aaron said:

Hi everyone. Sorry for the delay with more information. Family, work, and the holidays have temporarily derailed my plans for testing. The weather isn't helping either. I'm hoping to spend some in the sim next week, and hopefully get the TSi2 on the course as well. 

 

I HATE posting videos of myself, the last thing I want/need is to be internet famous, but heres a link to a couple slo-mo's of the Ping and the TSi2. No judgment allowed!

Ping- 

 

 

Titleist- 

 

Only judgment is wearing jeans! 😂

no no, it's cool... winter rules!

I really like the looks of the G425.  keep it up! 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :Snell: MTB-X | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

#cuetheduckboats

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/17/2020 at 12:50 PM, Shank Aaron said:

Ok, here goes the G425 first take review. I will post up the TSi2 review later.

 

I want to start off by making it clear that my experience as of right now with either of these is on a GC Quad, and I made it a point not to record any data. My goal in that was to make sure my first swings with these two drivers would be strictly about feel, aesthetics, sound, and an overall first impression. I will be playing both drivers for a full 18 this weekend, and will have another sim session to record data after that. So, here goes.

 

Me- 

15 handicap

110-115 mph swing speed

2020 Avg driver distance (total via Arccos sensors)- 287 yards

*NOTE*- prior to starting the testing I had already went through my full bag warm up routine, and hit about 15 drives with my Mavrik gamer. 

 

The Club-

Ping G410 LST 10.5* neutral weight, neutral adapter settings- Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Black stiff 70 playing to 44.75" 

Ball- New, out of the sleeve Pro V1X's

 

Ping G425

Just at address I personally love the looks. Muted and subdued matte black really appeals to me in its simplicity. The first few practice swings made me notice the weight of the head. It's just heavy enough that you notice it on the release, but just light enough that I dont feel it as a chore to swing it. It's a really nice feeling club swinging at air. Time to make it rain. I spent the first 10 swings just getting used to the club and getting solid contact, roughly 75% of my usual swing. The sound is close to the same sound I got from other 400 series drivers, but the G425 is just a tad pingy. Not in a bad way, mind you. The sound is the usual muted twack you're used to from the G410, but theres just the slight hint of a soft ringing at the end. Now, up to this point everything I've written out is basically the same points of view you would expect from the 400 series drivers. Here is where the G425, at least in my opinion, takes a very hard left at the fork. 

 

The feel off the face is unreal. All of you know what I'm talking about with your irons. When you hit the ball so sqaurely off the face that it feels like time has stopped, the ball melted, and you know you did it perfectly. My problem with previous 400 series drivers was that as good as they felt, and as forgiving as they were, I couldn't hit them as far as I could other drivers. I dont really trust distance readings from simulators, but if any of those numbers that popped up are true, this driver will be in every distance conversation in 2021. What impressed me the most were the feel of the mishits. Heel, toe, low, none of those strikes "felt" punishing in my hands and the balls still had nominal impact points on the sim screen. Like a guard dog begging to get off the leash and protect his turf, it just felt like it wanted to hit the ball as far as my ability would allow it. I really hope this will translate to the course and open air. If this driver gives me the proven forgiveness of a Ping AND gives me the distance I want? TAKE MY MONEY! 

 

I will get to work writing the TSi2 review later today. Apparently, they don't pay me to sit here and write club reviews. I've had my job backwards this entire time..... 

Out of curiosity - why do you play ProV1X? I have a very different swing but very similar metrics to you (~112 head speed, I used to average 3700 RPM). I switched to a TS4 (I think a TSi4 seems like it might be ideal for you AND me) and that cut about 900 RPM off my drives. I also switched to the ProV1x Left Dash (-ProV1X) which has cut another couple hundred RPM off. The Left Dash gives me the high ball flight I like but spin more akin to an AVX (less than a traditional ProV1) and that's been really huge for me.

You might also notice a big difference in approach shots. I used to spin back wedges and even like a 9I 15 feet or so, not it's more like a one hop and stop or shorter spin back which is massive.

  • Like 1

:titelist-small: TS4 @ 9.5° w/ EvenFlow White 85         :titelist-small: TS3 3W @ 13.5° w/ EvenFlow White 75          :titelist-small: 816H2 19°

:taylormade-small: P790 4-7, P760 8-PW w/ Project X 6.0          :vokey-small: 52°, 56°, 60°

:scotty-small: Pro Platinum Newport Mid-Slant          :titelist-small: Hybrid 14 Stand Bag          :titelist-small: -ProV1x (Left Dash)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2020 at 1:35 PM, jwlong410 said:

Out of curiosity - why do you play ProV1X? I have a very different swing but very similar metrics to you (~112 head speed, I used to average 3700 RPM). I switched to a TS4 (I think a TSi4 seems like it might be ideal for you AND me) and that cut about 900 RPM off my drives. I also switched to the ProV1x Left Dash (-ProV1X) which has cut another couple hundred RPM off. The Left Dash gives me the high ball flight I like but spin more akin to an AVX (less than a traditional ProV1) and that's been really huge for me.

You might also notice a big difference in approach shots. I used to spin back wedges and even like a 9I 15 feet or so, not it's more like a one hop and stop or shorter spin back which is massive.

Sorry for the late response. Had a lot going on at home/work in the past few weeks. I go back and forth between the Pro Vi, X, and the Bridgestone Tour B XS models. Reason being is because I have about 25 dz each and really don't shop for balls. I get the most control off the tee/woods with the Tour B, the most distance overall with the X, and the best iron/wedge control and spin from the V1's.

 

I used the Pro V1X's in my initial testing because that's what was in the trunk the days I was able to get to the range. I'll be heading to the simulators tonight for data logging, and comparisons to finish out this thread. 

2020 Hogan VKTR+ 18* Tester

Driver- Epic Speed LS 🔹🔹🔹Tour AD-HD 6S

3W- Sim2 Max Atmos TS Blue 6S

5W- Epic Max Mitsubishi MMT 7S

4H- Apex 21 MMT 7S

5-AW- Miura CB-301 $-Taper Blackouts 120 S

Wedges- Ping Glide Forged 54/58

Flatty- Scotty Cameron Phantom X6, Tour Stability Shaft 34"

Ball- Pro V1X

Bag- Vessel Players III 14-way Stand bag 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/1/2020 at 11:10 AM, Shank Aaron said:

Hi everyone. Sorry for the delay with more information. Family, work, and the holidays have temporarily derailed my plans for testing. The weather isn't helping either. I'm hoping to spend some in the sim next week, and hopefully get the TSi2 on the course as well. 

 

I HATE posting videos of myself, the last thing I want/need is to be internet famous, but heres a link to a couple slo-mo's of the Ping and the TSi2. No judgment allowed!

Ping- 

 

 

Titleist- 

 

Yup, you are right, that is exactly the kind of stress a guy needs! 🙂  Great write-ups and videos, thanks for sharing the phantom G425.  You mention that you have and play a G410.  What are the top 2-3 things that stand out as different besides sound being more pingy (something the designers at PING will no doubt love to hear)?  At first glance, it seems blockier and larger than the G410 but perhaps that's just the LST model?

  • Like 1

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, I’m going to judge your swing—I love the way you set your wrist supination so early in the backswing. 

  • Like 1

14 of the following:

Ping G400 Max

Cobra King F9 Speedback 3 wood

Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood

Cobra F9 Speedback 7/8 wood set at 23.5 degrees

Taylormade M4 5 hybrid

Callaway Mavrik Max 6-GW

PXG 0211 5-GW

PXG 0211 sand wedge bent to 53 degrees

Maltby M Series+ 54 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 58 degree

Ping Sigma 2 Anser

Link to post
Share on other sites

As luck would have it, I had just thrown my Vessel bag of goodies in the trunk and shut it when I got a call from work with an emergency. I'll have to put off the data gathering for a week. For those who were waiting for the update, my apologies. 

17 hours ago, Hook DeLoft said:

Sorry, I’m going to judge your swing—I love the way you set your wrist supination so early in the backswing. 

I was waiting for someone to hammer me on that. It's usually a mixed bag of reactions with "you are WAAAAAY too flat on the takeaway", to "your wrists set WAAAAAY too early", or my personal favorite "You have way too good a swing to suck this bad at golf". I've been fighting setting too early and instead taking a wider back swing......and fail at it often. It does feel natural to set that early, and I feel less back pain, but it does cost me in consistency overall. 

 

19 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Yup, you are right, that is exactly the kind of stress a guy needs! 🙂  Great write-ups and videos, thanks for sharing the phantom G425.  You mention that you have and play a G410.  What are the top 2-3 things that stand out as different besides sound being more pingy (something the designers at PING will no doubt love to hear)?  At first glance, it seems blockier and larger than the G410 but perhaps that's just the LST model?

Appreciate the positive comments. Apologies if I made it seem like I have and play a G410, it's typed G410 at the start of the first review, but it should read G425. I did have an SFT, but it got benched after my initial 2019 driver testing in favor of the Flash SZ, and was eventually donated to a local Jr. golfer in need. I did borrow a G410 for some comparison to the G425, though, but ran out of time with it to really get anything good. Understanding that my top 2-3 things are totally subjective, my takeaways are 1) The aforementioned sound, 2) The head looks long, or deep to me at address. Not big, or bulky, or annoyingly huge. Just long. Like someone went into cad and decided to make the teardrop just a tad bit taller. 3) It feels light to me. Definitely lighter than my Mavrik, and the TSi2. Not in the way that I feel like I'm teeing off with a Q-Tip, I can definitely feel the club throughout my swing, just lighter than I'm accustomed to. 

 

  • Like 2

2020 Hogan VKTR+ 18* Tester

Driver- Epic Speed LS 🔹🔹🔹Tour AD-HD 6S

3W- Sim2 Max Atmos TS Blue 6S

5W- Epic Max Mitsubishi MMT 7S

4H- Apex 21 MMT 7S

5-AW- Miura CB-301 $-Taper Blackouts 120 S

Wedges- Ping Glide Forged 54/58

Flatty- Scotty Cameron Phantom X6, Tour Stability Shaft 34"

Ball- Pro V1X

Bag- Vessel Players III 14-way Stand bag 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shank Aaron said:

As luck would have it, I had just thrown my Vessel bag of goodies in the trunk and shut it when I got a call from work with an emergency. I'll have to put off the data gathering for a week. For those who were waiting for the update, my apologies. 

I was waiting for someone to hammer me on that. It's usually a mixed bag of reactions with "you are WAAAAAY too flat on the takeaway", to "your wrists set WAAAAAY too early", or my personal favorite "You have way too good a swing to suck this bad at golf". I've been fighting setting too early and instead taking a wider back swing......and fail at it often. It does feel natural to set that early, and I feel less back pain, but it does cost me in consistency overall. 

 

Appreciate the positive comments. Apologies if I made it seem like I have and play a G410, it's typed G410 at the start of the first review, but it should read G425. I did have an SFT, but it got benched after my initial 2019 driver testing in favor of the Flash SZ, and was eventually donated to a local Jr. golfer in need. I did borrow a G410 for some comparison to the G425, though, but ran out of time with it to really get anything good. Understanding that my top 2-3 things are totally subjective, my takeaways are 1) The aforementioned sound, 2) The head looks long, or deep to me at address. Not big, or bulky, or annoyingly huge. Just long. Like someone went into cad and decided to make the teardrop just a tad bit taller. 3) It feels light to me. Definitely lighter than my Mavrik, and the TSi2. Not in the way that I feel like I'm teeing off with a Q-Tip, I can definitely feel the club throughout my swing, just lighter than I'm accustomed to. 

 

That left wrist works for Dustin Johnson. Just sayin’

  • Love 1

14 of the following:

Ping G400 Max

Cobra King F9 Speedback 3 wood

Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood

Cobra F9 Speedback 7/8 wood set at 23.5 degrees

Taylormade M4 5 hybrid

Callaway Mavrik Max 6-GW

PXG 0211 5-GW

PXG 0211 sand wedge bent to 53 degrees

Maltby M Series+ 54 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 58 degree

Ping Sigma 2 Anser

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm just noticing the concave sole on these... not something I've seen on other drivers.  Which of the three versions do you think will be the top seller?  The MAX is closest to the G410P with respect to draw/neutral/fade adjustment and would be my guess.  But I can see the LST being the weapon of choice for the low handicappers.  To be honest, I'm not sure whether I'd choose the MAX or SFT... testing is definitely needed 👍.

image.png.cd587d7f83bc2687254868c371261680.png

  • Hmmm 1

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Looks like MGS and Rick Shiels did the rest for me...

 

 

  • Love 1

2020 Hogan VKTR+ 18* Tester

Driver- Epic Speed LS 🔹🔹🔹Tour AD-HD 6S

3W- Sim2 Max Atmos TS Blue 6S

5W- Epic Max Mitsubishi MMT 7S

4H- Apex 21 MMT 7S

5-AW- Miura CB-301 $-Taper Blackouts 120 S

Wedges- Ping Glide Forged 54/58

Flatty- Scotty Cameron Phantom X6, Tour Stability Shaft 34"

Ball- Pro V1X

Bag- Vessel Players III 14-way Stand bag 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a chance to test the 425 LST driver and hybrids yesterday. Love the hybrid losing the turbulators and its compact head (similar to the 410), looks very nice at address. Ultimately the numbers looked too similar to my 410s to justify trying to replace them at this point.  I hadn’t  played much from ping prior to this year but more and more their clubs feel like the ones I want to test first as a benchmark. Really nice. 

Edited by SamN
Double use of a word
  • Like 4

Driver- image.jpeg.a9c96bbd3d3283947b9148f76e5881a5.jpeg G425 Max 9* set flat ALDILA ROGUE WHITE 130 MSI 70 XS

Fairway - Sub 70 Pro Tour 3 wood 14* Project X Evenflow 6.5

Hybrids- image.jpeg.afea5395f5f90d5d70506b93edab659a.jpeg G410 18* Project X Evenflow 6.5 

Irons- image.jpeg.dc9b88b4b95d3a2c4f25c00904ffa8a7.jpeg MP20 HMB (4), MMC (5-PW), Project X 6.5 LZ black

Wedges- image.jpeg.afea5395f5f90d5d70506b93edab659a.jpeg Glide 3.0 SS 50* Project X 6.5 LZ black, Sub 70 54* JB Forged Raw 54* Project X 6.5 LZ black soft stepped, image.jpeg.d99e38758423b118f348474a055061c7.jpeg PM Grind 60* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0

Putter- image.jpeg.60bc461b36df3364ed4e5dc7bdd0bf77.jpeg Triple track ten putter

Ball- image.jpeg.d99e38758423b118f348474a055061c7.jpeg Chrome soft 

image.png

image.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/11/2021 at 2:59 PM, Shank Aaron said:

Looks like MGS and Rick Shiels did the rest for me...

 

 

Great review, thanks for sharing.  It will be interesting to see if others find the consistency to target line and small yardage spread with the G425MAX as Rick did.  That is a significant stat that does not stand out when looking at the LM numbers face value.  And how about the G30 still hanging with todays best of the best.  I would have liked to see him hit a G400MAX for comparison which, according to a LOT of players is (was) the best driver ever produced.

  • Like 2

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

Great review, thanks for sharing.  It will be interesting to see if others find the consistency to target line and small yardage spread with the G425MAX as Rick did.  That is a significant stat that does not stand out when looking at the LM numbers face value.  And how about the G30 still hanging with todays best of the best.  I would have liked to see him hit a G400MAX for comparison which, according to a LOT of players is (was) the best driver ever produced.

I was honestly shocked that he sided with the Max. I know I'll never have that kind of ball flight and accuracy, I don't care what you put in my hands. I know 2 things about my golf game. 1- I MURDER doglegs with a hard right turn. 2- If you want to know where the OB is off of any tee, get out of my way, I'll show you. 

  • Haha 4

2020 Hogan VKTR+ 18* Tester

Driver- Epic Speed LS 🔹🔹🔹Tour AD-HD 6S

3W- Sim2 Max Atmos TS Blue 6S

5W- Epic Max Mitsubishi MMT 7S

4H- Apex 21 MMT 7S

5-AW- Miura CB-301 $-Taper Blackouts 120 S

Wedges- Ping Glide Forged 54/58

Flatty- Scotty Cameron Phantom X6, Tour Stability Shaft 34"

Ball- Pro V1X

Bag- Vessel Players III 14-way Stand bag 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

My local retailer has all the new drivers available for demo.  I spent an hour or so in a bay yesterday having a go against my G410 LST. 
 

425 is fine, but I think I prefer the look / sound / feel of 410.  Kind of a bummer as I was most excited about it. 

SIM2 is pretty great.  It’s different from SIM - different look, feel and shape as well.  I never played a SIM but between them I preferred v2.  Hit some awesome shots with it, but I’d miss being able to tinker with adjustability. 

Tsi3 - sweet sassy molasses which a club.  Awesome look, incredible feel, top marks in launch and spin for me.  I’ve never played a Titleist driver but this one came home with me.  The hype is deserved. 

Tsi3 > 410 > SIM2 > SIM > 425.  
 

YRMV

  • Like 3

TaylorMade M3 9.5* Diamana W 60x

Cobra King LTD 14.5* Diamana BF 60x

Titleist 818H1 19*, 818H2 23* Tour Spec 8.8x

Srixon z65 (5-6 565, 7-9 765, P 965) Modus3 120x

Vokey SM6 (raw) 50F, 54S, 58M Modus3 120x

Cameron Futura X5.5 by Slighter

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, onafriday said:

My local retailer has all the new drivers available for demo.  I spent an hour or so in a bay yesterday having a go against my G410 LST. 
 

425 is fine, but I think I prefer the look / sound / feel of 410.  Kind of a bummer as I was most excited about it. 

SIM2 is pretty great.  It’s different from SIM - different look, feel and shape as well.  I never played a SIM but between them I preferred v2.  Hit some awesome shots with it, but I’d miss being able to tinker with adjustability. 

Tsi3 - sweet sassy molasses which a club.  Awesome look, incredible feel, top marks in launch and spin for me.  I’ve never played a Titleist driver but this one came home with me.  The hype is deserved. 

Tsi3 > 410 > SIM2 > SIM > 425.  
 

YRMV

Cool.  Good to hear you found a standout.  I too just tested the G425MAX and SFT against my G410P.  Neither moved the needle and, in fact, having had a second session with a LM, now wondering if the KBS TD Tour shaft upgrade is worth it... at least at retail price.  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Cool.  Good to hear you found a standout.  I too just tested the G425MAX and SFT against my G410P.  Neither moved the needle and, in fact, having had a second session with a LM, now wondering if the KBS TD Tour shaft upgrade is worth it... at least at retail price.  

Tell me more about the numbers. I love my 410 SFT and want to get another driver so I don't have to schlep my clubs up north and then back down again to Fl every winter. Performance is obviously critical but oddly enough so is sound. I can tell from the sound whether I het it well - helps keep my head down.


Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tony@CIC said:


Tell me more about the numbers. I love my 410 SFT and want to get another driver so I don't have to schlep my clubs up north and then back down again to Fl every winter. Performance is obviously critical but oddly enough so is sound. I can tell from the sound whether I het it well - helps keep my head down.


Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Tony, my numbers are better with both the G410 and G425 switching from the Alta CB to the KBS shaft; almost +10 yards in the first session last month and +6 yards this past week.  Dispersion is a bit better as well. I just wasn't hitting the driver well at session #2.  The KBS shaft is better but not $375 better.

The numbers between my G410P and both the G425MAX and SFT on the KBS shaft were very close - within a yard of each other.  The MAX had an avg. 2434/995R total and side spin, the SFT 2773/111R.  I think that is the intended design of the SFT - aide those you tend to fight excessive left to right ball flight. I play my G410P with the heel weight in the draw position (so pretty much SFT).  As for sound, they all seemed very similar, but I'm not much of a sound guy when it comes to assessing clubs or shot quality.

You should try the G425 out and see if any of the model options are an improvement.  Looks like a shaft change is where I'll get distance gain. YMMV.

  • Like 2

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Tony, my numbers are better with both the G410 and G425 switching from the Alta CB to the KBS shaft; almost +10 yards in the first session last month and +6 yards this past week.  Dispersion is a bit better as well. I just wasn't hitting the driver well at session #2.  The KBS shaft is better but not $375 better.

The numbers between my G410P and both the G425MAX and SFT on the KBS shaft were very close - within a yard of each other.  The MAX had an avg. 2434/995R total and side spin, the SFT 2773/111R.  I think that is the intended design of the SFT - aide those you tend to fight excessive left to right ball flight. I play my G410P with the heel weight in the draw position (so pretty much SFT).  As for sound, they all seemed very similar, but I'm not much of a sound guy when it comes to assessing clubs or shot quality.

You should try the G425 out and see if any of the model options are an improvement.  Looks like a shaft change is where I'll get distance gain. YMMV.

I'll have to do that, especially with the Tensei AV Orange shaft option. I currently have both an Alta 55 and a 65 shaft for my 410, but absolutely love the Tensei Blue in my 410 hybrids. If the orange in the driver is anything like my blue, I'd get it in a heartbeat. My wife and I are headed to PGASS either today or tomorrow since it's going to be too cold to play here so I may be spending some extra time and $$ there. 

  • Like 1

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

I'll have to do that, especially with the Tensei AV Orange shaft option. I currently have both an Alta 55 and a 65 shaft for my 410, but absolutely love the Tensei Blue in my 410 hybrids. If the orange in the driver is anything like my blue, I'd get it in a heartbeat. My wife and I are headed to PGASS either today or tomorrow since it's going to be too cold to play here so I may be spending some extra time and $$ there. 

I've not tried those Tensei shafts. That's the one thing about Truespec I don't like... that they do not carry many of the OEM standard and upgrade shafts. My driver ss/bs is 92/130 and I'm guessing our numbers aren't too far apart.  I think the PING cart at the pro shop near me has those shafts - will try them.

  • Like 1

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...