TESTERS WANTED! ×

Masters Hats at the tournament.

For those who have had the blessing of attending The Masters in person and been able to shop the merchandise area. Does the Masters sell fitted Masters Hats on site? I have a large head and wear a size 8 fitted hat. Sometimes a 7 7/8 will work depending on the brand. 

Any personal experience with the merchandise at the Masters especially when it comes to Masters hats would be amazing!

Been to the Masters a few times. The hat selections are very large. They have fitted hats and hook and loop. They carry different brands, styles, plain colors, bold colors and of course the Masters green. You will have plenty of options. There are several places for merchandise but the largest fitted selection will be in the main building. 

Tip. Go early and get a good parking spot. Then hit the merchandise up first thing.  Drop it off back at the car. Then go enjoy the day. On the way out it is crowded beyond belief. There is a smaller shop near the main exit to pick up that last thing you forgot. After being out in the sun all day and your buddies are ready to go the last thing they want is to wait another hour for you to come out of the shop. Trust me, been there. One guy just wouldn't shop early he wanted to watch the range while the rest of us went in. The building is about 100 feet long and the check out lines were as long as the building.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

There are a two large shops - by the North gate (near club house and Hole #1) is the SuperStore sized shop; and the South Gate (near Hole 5 and closest to 16, 15, 13).  For hats I’d say the selections between the two are the same. A dizzying amount of choices when it comes to colors and styles.  Yes, there are fitted caps, but they’ll go earlier in the week. Don’t plan on finding them on Sunday...   They are all hanging overhead on a wall with numbers and you ask on of the friendly locals for that corresponding number.  They group the fitted hats together. If it doesn’t say fitted, don’t bother asking - you’ll just slow yourself down.

As mentioned above there are also “oh crap, I forgot to get cousin Steve a (key fob/socks/hat/logo ball/shirt/umbrella/sunscreen/towel/etc...) quickie shops outside the security checkpoints/magnetometers/ticket gates but before the parking areas.  Not where YOU want to shop, but Cousin Steve doesn’t really need to know...

Tom’s right, you want to go early - not on the way out.  

My strategy is to go in the South Gate, line up an hour before it opens (yes I’m crazy, but I’m never there first), walk past the shop and go straight to the course (walk, never run) to set up my chair for the day and then head back to shop, then check my items (unless it looks like rain) or ship em home at the UPS drop off.... then off to see the action.  

I have parked my car there, but I try to a) stay at a hotel with a shuttle or b) stay at a hotel that I can walk to and from (it will be a long walk, but it will be a long wait to get your car out too...) Of course this is also weather dependent. 

Make a list of who you need to buy for. It’ll help you keep it under control.  There is something for everyone - dog and cat lovers, jewelry, puzzles, art, barware, banners and blankets, boxers and socks to neck ties and cuff links... in 2019 it seemed like the newest additions were tech fabric workout gear... and fitted hats...

Have fun, and remember to intercept the credit card bill before She Who Must Be Obeyed sees it.

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

• 2 weeks later...

They also can ship everything you buy as well that way you don't have to worry about bringing it back with you on the car or plane or however you are traveling.

I'm a hockey player playing golf today.
TSR3, Ventus Blue Velocore 7X
JPX 921 Tour Irons
Evnroll EV5.1
ProV1x