TESTERS WANTED! ×

Tiger Commits to Play in the PNC Championship

Tiger has committed to playing in the PNC Championship on Dec. 19-20 with his son, Charlie. With no Hero World Challenge this year, this will be his last event of 2020. The event is 36-hole scramble featuring 20 players who've either won a major championship or the Players Championship. Bernhard Langer and his son, Jason, are the defending champions.

Some other notables in the field include Justin Thomas and his father, Matt Kuchar and his son, Gary Player and his grandson, Annika Sorenstam and her father, and many others.

Here's a link to more info: https://www.pgatour.com/news/2020/11/19/tiger-woods-son-charlie-woods-commit-to-play-pnc-championship-father-son-orlando.html

DRIVER PXG 0811XF GEN4 (10.5°)

FAIRWAY WOODS PXG 0341XF GEN4 (16°)

HYBRIDS PXG 0317XF GEN4 (19°), PXG 0317X GEN4 (22°)

IRONS PXG 0311T GEN3 (5 - 9)

WEDGES TAYLORMADE MG3 (45°, 50°, 55° TW Grind, 60° TW Grind)

PUTTER PXG BATTLE READY ONE & DONE

I know Charlie won a tournament earlier this summer, this will be cool to see them play in this!

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

1 hour ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I know Charlie won a tournament earlier this summer, this will be cool to see them play in this!

Agreed. It's certainly gotten my interest.

My initial take: I'm nervous (for his sake) about the scrutiny that Charlie Woods is about to endure. Reading Haney's book about Tiger, I was struck by (from Haney's perspective) what seemed to be the long-term consequences on Tiger of having grown up with a truncated childhood.

But Tiger knows that scrutiny to a level none of us comprehend—and he knows his son. That doesn't mean Tiger's judgment is infallible, but he's better positioned to make this decision than any of us are.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

7 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

My initial take: I'm nervous (for his sake) about the scrutiny that Charlie Woods is about to endure. Reading Haney's book about Tiger, I was struck by (from Haney's perspective) what seemed to be the long-term consequences on Tiger of having grown up with a truncated childhood.

But Tiger knows that scrutiny to a level none of us comprehend—and he knows his son. That doesn't mean Tiger's judgment is infallible, but he's better positioned to make this decision than any of us are.

This is the decision all these celebrity children make (you hope the parents have the best interest of the child at heart). Typically from what I see never pans out well (I.E. Michael Jackson, Macauley Culkin etc.). I think the sports world is a little different though than the Hollywood world. Only time will tell right?

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

I think Tiger is taking a different approach. Charlie's 11 and from what I've read and heard from Tiger about Charlie and golf, Tiger is really letting him dictate his level of interest in the game and where he wants to go with it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Charlie can sure swing it smooth...

• 4 weeks later...

It's eerie almost how similar Tiger and Charlie's mannerisms are...

Look at the finish position here...

There's also a video of Charlie hitting some putts on the practice green and his walk towards the hole after making a putt is EXACTLY the same as Tiger's lol

3 hours ago, FrogginBullfish said:

It's eerie almost how similar Tiger and Charlie's mannerisms are...

Look at the finish position here...

There's also a video of Charlie hitting some putts on the practice green and his walk towards the hole after making a putt is EXACTLY the same as Tiger's lol

I have a theory that people with "nice" swings learned it from watching other nice swings from a young age and learned to mimick it. Like monkey see monkey do kinda stuff. Would be interesting to see his daughter swing a club, I bet she watched him a lot growing up as well.

I wonder if anyone in Adam Scott's family played, and if he grew up around them on the range

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

52 minutes ago, yungkory said:

I have a theory that people with "nice" swings learned it from watching other nice swings from a young age and learned to mimick it. Like monkey see monkey do kinda stuff. Would be interesting to see his daughter swing a club, I bet she watched him a lot growing up as well.

I wonder if anyone in Adam Scott's family played, and if he grew up around them on the range

I'm sure that's definitely played a role, but it's just crazy how exact their mannerisms are. Like the finishes in that video as they watch the ball flights... it's identical.

And check out this video of him walking a putt in on the practice green. The way he steps off with his left foot with the right arm swing, it's identical to what Tiger does...

Anyways, I think it's pretty cool on the whole. Hopefully he's able to have some fun with Dad alongside JT and Mike.

This should be fun to watch on Saturday. Charlie has been trash talking JT for the last couple of weeks. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag