Tiger Commits to Play in the PNC Championship

Our Sponsors

Tiger has committed to playing in the PNC Championship on Dec. 19-20 with his son, Charlie. With no Hero World Challenge this year, this will be his last event of 2020. The event is 36-hole scramble featuring 20 players who've either won a major championship or the Players Championship. Bernhard Langer and his son, Jason, are the defending champions.

Some other notables in the field include Justin Thomas and his father, Matt Kuchar and his son, Gary Player and his grandson, Annika Sorenstam and her father, and many others.

Here's a link to more info: https://www.pgatour.com/news/2020/11/19/tiger-woods-son-charlie-woods-commit-to-play-pnc-championship-father-son-orlando.html

• Like 3

I know Charlie won a tournament earlier this summer, this will be cool to see them play in this!

• Like 3

:titelist-small: TS1 Fubuki 45g R Flex

:ping-small:  G410 FW 5, 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:scotty-small:  Phantom 5.5   35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

My initial take: I'm nervous (for his sake) about the scrutiny that Charlie Woods is about to endure. Reading Haney's book about Tiger, I was struck by (from Haney's perspective) what seemed to be the long-term consequences on Tiger of having grown up with a truncated childhood.

But Tiger knows that scrutiny to a level none of us comprehend—and he knows his son. That doesn't mean Tiger's judgment is infallible, but he's better positioned to make this decision than any of us are.

• Like 3

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 9°, Aldila Rogue White 70 X
:taylormade-small: M4 3HL 16.5°, Atmos Red 60
:cobra-small: F6 5-6W, 19.5°, Fujikura Motore 6.3
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 20°, Project X HZRDUS 85 5.5
:Sub70: 699 Pro, Modus3 105, 5–PW
:Sub70: Forged Black 50°, 54°, and 58°
:odyssey-small: Stroke Lab EXO Seven Mini, 34"
:srixon-small: Z-Star XV

7 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

My initial take: I'm nervous (for his sake) about the scrutiny that Charlie Woods is about to endure. Reading Haney's book about Tiger, I was struck by (from Haney's perspective) what seemed to be the long-term consequences on Tiger of having grown up with a truncated childhood.

But Tiger knows that scrutiny to a level none of us comprehend—and he knows his son. That doesn't mean Tiger's judgment is infallible, but he's better positioned to make this decision than any of us are.

This is the decision all these celebrity children make (you hope the parents have the best interest of the child at heart). Typically from what I see never pans out well (I.E. Michael Jackson, Macauley Culkin etc.). I think the sports world is a little different though than the Hollywood world. Only time will tell right?

• Like 1

Follow my overall Vegan transition here

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 - Project X HZRDUS Smoke VS Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

I think Tiger is taking a different approach. Charlie's 11 and from what I've read and heard from Tiger about Charlie and golf, Tiger is really letting him dictate his level of interest in the game and where he wants to go with it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

A clone... I cannot wait to see this.  

Hey, “my dad is Tiger Woods... and my coach... have you heard of him?” 

the next great in golf?  Arnie, Jack, Tiger, Charlie...?

• Like 1
On 11/19/2020 at 2:07 PM, Shankster said:

A clone... I cannot wait to see this.  

Hey, “my dad is Tiger Woods... and my coach... have you heard of him?” 

the next great in golf?  Arnie, Jack, Tiger, Charlie...?

John Patrick Daly 2nd.

• Like 1