TESTERS WANTED! ×

Building your irons?

RaginCajun

Hey guys! I have a situation here. Im looking for somewhere that I can purchase a set of used irons but just the heads. So Ive gone through a fitting at a boutique fitting shop here in Denver so I have all of my specs and would have someone build them for me. Just trying to not pay for then trash good shafts and grips. Im not sure what kind of market is out there for used OEM shafts but would rather not deal with it. Im planning on taking lessons but the instructor that I get along with will not teach untill I have a set thats made for my swing. 

Intellectually maddening, soulfully satisfying 

Ebay is your best bet for just iron heads.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Are you looking for a specific head or just anything within a specific category (GI, player's distance, etc.)? Used heads come up for sale on the BST here pretty often and there is another larger forum that has dozens of items listed for sale daily and someone is probably selling a different set of heads there every day. 

Out of curiosity, what specs were you fitted into and what shafts are you planning to use?

Buying shafts at retail and having the clubs built can be as expensive as buying a new set from many manufacturers who offer no-upcharge shaft options. Titleist, Mizuno & Srixon have a large list of shafts available at no extra cost and there are on-line shops you can purchase from if you know your specs who can cut you a deal off of standard retail pricing.

Edited by ChitownM2

As others have said, heads only often come up for sale on various forums, ebay, and used club sites   or you can look for clubs with the specific shafts you want.   Since you want to put your own shafts in the clubs,  you can often get discounts if you buy clubs with senior or super stiff shafts;  smaller market drops the prices.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

If you're not stuck on a particular brand, check out Maltby/Golfworks. The TS lines are getting good reviews, and all their stuff is solid. 

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

7 hours ago, ChitownM2 said:

Are you looking for a specific head or just anything within a specific category (GI, player's distance, etc.)? Used heads come up for sale on the BST here pretty often and there is another larger forum that has dozens of items listed for sale daily and someone is probably selling a different set of heads there every day. 

Out of curiosity, what specs were you fitted into and what shafts are you planning to use?

Buying shafts at retail and having the clubs built can be as expensive as buying a new set from many manufacturers who offer no-upcharge shaft options. Titleist, Mizuno & Srixon have a large list of shafts available at no extra cost and there are on-line shops you can purchase from if you know your specs who can cut you a deal off of standard retail pricing.

Im looking for the wilson staff c300 forged heads. Dont know why but during the fitting my ball striking was more consistent with the smaller heads. I guess less thought on power and more into properly hitting the ball🤷🏽‍♂️.

Specs were as follows:

TrueTemper xp 95 taper, Stiff, +.5

Midsize grips

Lie +2*

The customization would be an option but im trying to buy a model from a couple years ago that will last for the next 5 years as my game progresses. Cant justify spending $1200+ on irons with my game, but dont want to spend $1200 on irons over the next few years either. 

Anyone in the maket for some KBS tour 105 stiffs?? Thats what comes stock in the c300 forged...

Which online shops would you recommend? 

29 minutes ago, HardcoreLooper said:

If you're not stuck on a particular brand, check out Maltby/Golfworks. The TS lines are getting good reviews, and all their stuff is solid. 

Was looking at maltby for their wedges. Do you have any experience with them? 

57 minutes ago, RaginCajun said:

Im looking for the wilson staff c300 forged heads. Dont know why but during the fitting my ball striking was more consistent with the smaller heads. I guess less thought on power and more into properly hitting the ball🤷🏽‍♂️.

Specs were as follows:

Midsize grips

Lie +2*

The customization would be an option but im trying to buy a model from a couple years ago that will last for the next 5 years as my game progresses. Cant justify spending $1200+ on irons with my game, but dont want to spend $1200 on irons over the next few years either. 

Anyone in the maket for some KBS tour 105 stiffs?? Thats what comes stock in the c300 forged...

On the plus side, the XP 95s are pretty common shafts. I would expect you can find pulls for reasonably cheap (not sure about +1/2" pulls though - and you need to consider the bottom bore to ground measurement of the C300s vs. whatever the shafts came out of, unless you don't mind adding some short extensions).

Mike's Golf Outlet does buy back used shafts but you may have more luck selling on here, eBay or one of the other golf forums. 

59 minutes ago, RaginCajun said:

The TSW wedges have gotten pretty good reviews around here. I have the M-Series+ wedges (the black DBM finish ones), they are good if they meet your specs since they really can't be bent. 

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

8 hours ago, RaginCajun said:

Specs were as follows:

Midsize grips

Lie +2*

Honestly, I think you're going to have a hard time putting that together on the used market. C300 heads aren't super common and finding XP95 shafts that are +1/2" is going to be difficult as well. Have you already found the shafts?  Otherwise you're looking at probably $150 to find used shafts + adding the extensions + new grips + cost to assemble the heads after you find them + lie adjustment. In my opinion it wouldn't be worth it.  My guess is that you could safely assume that you could sell your shaft pulls on the BST here for $50 maybe $75 but then you will have shipping and PP fees so not a lot of money to be recouped there.

If you're looking for a non-oversized or "smaller" head then maybe you should take a look at the sub70 model 699. You can order that new and have them made with the midsize grips to your 2° up & +1/2" and get them with the True Temper Elevate 95 shaft which I believe is pretty similar to the XP95 (lightweight, high launch, high spin).  $498 for a 5-PW set with those shafts. Going to be hard to beat that price on heads, shafts, extensions, assembly, and grips plus you'll have new clubs.  Someone with more shaft knowledge should chime in on shaft selection as the KBS Tour V 90 may also be similar and that would knock $60 off the price as that is a no charge option.  Someone here with club fitting knowledge needs to answer that part or maybe go back and ask your fitter which of the sub70 shaft options would be best.

https://www.golfsub70.com/sub-70-699-iron.html

Otherwise, 2nd swing has some options with smaller heads with your shaft/flex. You could get one of these and just have someone add extensions.

https://www.2ndswing.com/pv-1563338234-taylormade-m1-iron-set-4-pw-gw-true-temper-xp-95-s300-steel-stiff-right-handed-380in.aspx

https://www.2ndswing.com/pv-1551716105-titleist-714-ap2-iron-set-5-pw-true-temper-xp-95-s300-steel-stiff-right-handed-380in.aspx

https://www.2ndswing.com/pv-1467005212-ping-2015-i-iron-set-6-pw-gw-true-temper-xp-95-s300-steel-stiff-right-handed-blue-dot-3775in.aspx

https://www.2ndswing.com/pv-1565029785-titleist-714-ap1-iron-set-4-pw-true-temper-xp-95-s300-steel-stiff-right-handed-3975in.aspx

Edit: you can also order a pair of sub70 demo irons to try out for $20, although they won't have the elevate shaft in them but that should give you a good idea of whether the head shape works for you.

Edited by ChitownM2

Had to satisfy my curiosity so I messaged KBS about that Tour V 90. Turns out that is a OEM only shaft that is like the regular Tour 90 but with slightly lower spin and "tighter dispersion" (& parallel tip). Not sure how a shaft can be engineered for tighter dispersion as I would think everyone would want a shaft with tight dispersion. Regardless, it is probably similar to the XP95 according to them and it is the stock shaft in the 699 so if you did demo them you could take them to a LM and see how the numbers compare to the C300 & XP95 combo before investing in a full set.

Edited by ChitownM2

12 hours ago, RaginCajun said:

No experience with their wedges, but @Popeye64 built me a TS2 7 iron to try out.  I was really enjoying it... and then I was picked to test the Wilson D7 Forged irons.  I'd probably have a set of TS2's in my bag if it weren't for the D7's.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

I've actually found trying to by heads alone is generally as expensive as buying fully built sets on eBay. You're unlikely to find the C300 heads on their own. I would potentially suggest the TS2s, KE4 Tour+, and STw2 irons from Maltby if you don't care about brand but something that is really playable. The KE4 Tour+  and STw2 can be fully assembled by GolfWorks Custom Shop for under $450 (4- GW) based on a quick run through their website. The TS series would add about $200 to that price.

My guestimate for a C300 forged set (7 - 8 clubs) is you will have to spend around $500 for an okay used set, shafts will be about $27 each retail (~$200), grips will cost about $10 each with installation (assuming normal tour velvet grip), and the rest of the assembly will probably cost at least $10/club. So depending on what you find and what you're builder charges, a set of re-built C300 Forged irons will probably cost you at least $800 and over $900 if you don't find any deals.

A potentially good alternative to the C300 Forged are the i-series irons from Ping (i10, i15, i20, etc.). That have rather compact heads in the scoring clubs and progress more into GI long irons. You can pick up sets of i15, i20, and i25 for much less than the C300 forged (~$200 - $300). You might also check the shafts Ping used on those clubs because they might play similarly to the XP95. You would save a chunk of cash if you don't have to replace the shafts. 

I'm not trying to be a downer but the cost of acquiring and rebuilding clubs can add up quickly. I do recommend you get clubs in the ballpark of your specs (perfection is not required) because it makes learning the game so much more natural and enjoyable.

10 hours ago, ChitownM2 said:

Did you see they gave this set an 8.0 rating? I've usually agree with their assessments but that pitching wedge is straight up worn through. I'm shocked these weren't rated a 7 or worse because they are beat. I guess that is the good thing with buying from 2nd Swing, you get to see before you buy.

5 hours ago, Kansas King said:

Did you see they gave this set an 8.0 rating? I've usually agree with their assessments but that pitching wedge is straight up worn through. I'm shocked these weren't rated a 7 or worse because they are beat. I guess that is the good thing with buying from 2nd Swing, you get to see before you buy.

Yeah there usually pretty good .. that PW and club above it looking like it’s been through the ringer a bit. 

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

On 11/19/2020 at 12:07 PM, RaginCajun said:

Hey guys! I have a situation here. Im looking for somewhere that I can purchase a set of used irons but just the heads. So Ive gone through a fitting at a boutique fitting shop here in Denver so I have all of my specs and would have someone build them for me. 

am i missing something here? why wouldn’t the shop that fit you build the clubs for you?

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

7 hours ago, Chip Strokes said:

am i missing something here? why wouldn’t the shop that fit you build the clubs for you?

Not the OP, but my guess is they don't have the C300s anymore as they aren't part of the current line-up and/or they want full retail price for them and since you can't custom order them OP would need to buy the clubs as-is and then have the builder re-shaft them. That's going to be over $1000 I'm guessing, which is more than he wants to spend.

14 hours ago, Kansas King said:

I honestly didn't look at the individual sets very closely. I filtered their used options by XP95 stiff and then looked for heads that I thought would fit what he was looking for. I agree though that those AP2s are not in an 8.0 condition and probably overpriced at $400. 

I still think sub70 would be the way to go. He can get a brand new set of irons that scored very well in the 2019 MGS Players distance category and can get his exact specs for his budget. He can even demo two of them for $20 and head back to his fitter for a quick launch monitor session and see how they compare to the #s he was getting with the C300 combo they recommended. Very low risk with huge upside. That's what I would do if I had that budget and was looking for those specs.

Edited by ChitownM2

On 11/20/2020 at 12:23 PM, ChitownM2 said:

Honestly, I think you're going to have a hard time putting that together on the used market. C300 heads aren't super common and finding XP95 shafts that are +1/2" is going to be difficult as well. Have you already found the shafts?  Otherwise you're looking at probably $150 to find used shafts + adding the extensions + new grips + cost to assemble the heads after you find them + lie adjustment. In my opinion it wouldn't be worth it.  My guess is that you could safely assume that you could sell your shaft pulls on the BST here for $50 maybe $75 but then you will have shipping and PP fees so not a lot of money to be recouped there.

If you're looking for a non-oversized or "smaller" head then maybe you should take a look at the sub70 model 699. You can order that new and have them made with the midsize grips to your 2° up & +1/2" and get them with the True Temper Elevate 95 shaft which I believe is pretty similar to the XP95 (lightweight, high launch, high spin).  $498 for a 5-PW set with those shafts. Going to be hard to beat that price on heads, shafts, extensions, assembly, and grips plus you'll have new clubs.  Someone with more shaft knowledge should chime in on shaft selection as the KBS Tour V 90 may also be similar and that would knock $60 off the price as that is a no charge option.  Someone here with club fitting knowledge needs to answer that part or maybe go back and ask your fitter which of the sub70 shaft options would be best.

https://www.golfsub70.com/sub-70-699-iron.html

Otherwise, 2nd swing has some options with smaller heads with your shaft/flex. You could get one of these and just have someone add extensions.

https://www.2ndswing.com/pv-1563338234-taylormade-m1-iron-set-4-pw-gw-true-temper-xp-95-s300-steel-stiff-right-handed-380in.aspx

https://www.2ndswing.com/pv-1551716105-titleist-714-ap2-iron-set-5-pw-true-temper-xp-95-s300-steel-stiff-right-handed-380in.aspx

https://www.2ndswing.com/pv-1467005212-ping-2015-i-iron-set-6-pw-gw-true-temper-xp-95-s300-steel-stiff-right-handed-blue-dot-3775in.aspx

https://www.2ndswing.com/pv-1565029785-titleist-714-ap1-iron-set-4-pw-true-temper-xp-95-s300-steel-stiff-right-handed-3975in.aspx

Edit: you can also order a pair of sub70 demo irons to try out for $20, although they won't have the elevate shaft in them but that should give you a good idea of whether the head shape works for you.

I appreciate the leg work!! Ive been looking at 2ndswing, rockbottom and others. They have some great options, im pretty set on the c300 forged since thats what I hit and liked. Ill have to look into sub70 clubs, not too familiar, but at that price its worth a look.

On 11/21/2020 at 6:37 AM, Chip Strokes said:

They 100% would. Didnt want to buy an oem built set at ~$700, then pay for shafts, grips, and labor while wasting the oem stuff. 

On 11/20/2020 at 11:20 PM, Kansas King said:

I've actually found trying to by heads alone is generally as expensive as buying fully built sets on eBay. You're unlikely to find the C300 heads on their own. I would potentially suggest the TS2s, KE4 Tour+, and STw2 irons from Maltby if you don't care about brand but something that is really playable. The KE4 Tour+  and STw2 can be fully assembled by GolfWorks Custom Shop for under $450 (4- GW) based on a quick run through their website. The TS series would add about $200 to that price.

My guestimate for a C300 forged set (7 - 8 clubs) is you will have to spend around $500 for an okay used set, shafts will be about $27 each retail (~$200), grips will cost about $10 each with installation (assuming normal tour velvet grip), and the rest of the assembly will probably cost at least $10/club. So depending on what you find and what you're builder charges, a set of re-built C300 Forged irons will probably cost you at least $800 and over $900 if you don't find any deals.

A potentially good alternative to the C300 Forged are the i-series irons from Ping (i10, i15, i20, etc.). That have rather compact heads in the scoring clubs and progress more into GI long irons. You can pick up sets of i15, i20, and i25 for much less than the C300 forged (~$200 - $300). You might also check the shafts Ping used on those clubs because they might play similarly to the XP95. You would save a chunk of cash if you don't have to replace the shafts. 

I'm not trying to be a downer but the cost of acquiring and rebuilding clubs can add up quickly. I do recommend you get clubs in the ballpark of your specs (perfection is not required) because it makes learning the game so much more natural and enjoyable.

Youre spot on. May keep the stock shafts that come in the c300 forged (kbs tour 105 stiff) to help keep the price down. Im a bigger guy so maybe the extra weight wont hurt. Thoughts about this?

20 minutes ago, RaginCajun said:

They 100% would. Didnt want to buy an oem built set at ~$700, then pay for shafts, grips, and labor while wasting the oem stuff. 

makes sense. 

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

1 hour ago, RaginCajun said:

Youre spot on. May keep the stock shafts that come in the c300 forged (kbs tour 105 stiff) to help keep the price down. Im a bigger guy so maybe the extra weight wont hurt. Thoughts about this?

I would try them and see how they feel. The Tour 105 will be about 15 grams heavier and is intended for a mid/high launch. The XP95 is a very high launching steel shaft. I've found that as long as steel shafts aren't too heavy and similar in flex, the launch doesn't actually change much. Steel shafts don't flex like graphite during the swing and since you aren't swinging your irons as fast as a driver, they won't impact dynamic loft nearly as much. The primary difference with steel iron shafts is feel. 

On 11/19/2020 at 11:07 AM, RaginCajun said:

Hey guys! I have a situation here. Im looking for somewhere that I can purchase a set of used irons but just the heads. So Ive gone through a fitting at a boutique fitting shop here in Denver so I have all of my specs and would have someone build them for me. Just trying to not pay for then trash good shafts and grips. Im not sure what kind of market is out there for used OEM shafts but would rather not deal with it. Im planning on taking lessons but the instructor that I get along with will not teach untill I have a set thats made for my swing. 

@RaginCajun Are you still looking? I might be able to help you out... @ncwoz can attest to my knowledge. I am not perfect but I am a fitter and I try to help people save money but still build high performing sets.

9 hours ago, RaginCajun said:

in regards to this extra weight can cause some issues with timing and such, and I am not sure what Golf works charges for assembly, but heads can be found if you know where to go and 2nd swing is a place I try to avoid in all honesty. happy to point you in the right direction though.

Driver:taylormade-small: SIM 10.5, Graphite Design Tour AD-XC 6X 

Woods:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X

Hybrid: :ping-small: G410 3&4H, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 95X 

Irons:titelist-small: T-100 3-PW, Nippon Modus 120 X 

Wedges: :mizuno-small: T20, DG TI S400, 50/56/60

Putter:  :EVNROLL: ER1.2 W/BGT Stability Shaft

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1X-Optic Yellow

Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer

12 hours ago, RaginCajun said:

Ill have to look into sub70 clubs, not too familiar, but at that price its worth a look.

I think you will find this option very competitive in both performance and price. Also check out the recent Official Forum Review of the 699 Pro's... a couple of testers actually thought they were ok. Unconfirmed, but rumor has it @Tom the Golf Nutsleeps with his 😆.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

6 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

I think you will find this option very competitive in both performance and price. Also check out the recent Official Forum Review of the 699 Pro's... a couple of testers actually thought they were ok. Unconfirmed, but rumor has it @Tom the Golf Nutsleeps with his 😆.

My wife is not to happy with me since my irons took her spot in the bed!  At least something in there is shiny and new.......  Okay I'm officially in trouble now. But I just couldn't stop myself. 🤣

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

You can read my review of the TSW's here

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/38309-maltby-tsw-wedge-5612/

Others have chimed in and given opinions of other wedges from Maltby.

I still absolutely love the wedges! And for the price, I figure I'll just buy a new set of heads every year. I honestly can't see these going out of production for a long time.

Also, if you just want to follow a thread about Maltby clubs, you can check that out here

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/38325-show-us-your-maltby/

the more I practice, the luckier I seem to get..

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

13 hours ago, Manimal26 said:

@RaginCajun Are you still looking? I might be able to help you out... @ncwoz can attest to my knowledge. I am not perfect but I am a fitter and I try to help people save money but still build high performing sets.

in regards to this extra weight can cause some issues with timing and such, and I am not sure what Golf works charges for assembly, but heads can be found if you know where to go and 2nd swing is a place I try to avoid in all honesty. happy to point you in the right direction though.

I am, but like @Kansas King suggested, was able to try out the kbs tour 105 with the D7 forged head. That shaft will work as long as I put a smooth swing on it. So ill most likely play it. Found a new set of c300 forged for $389 on hurricane golf, that price beats some used prices...

@fixyurdivot Go Irsh! The sub70 clubs look sweet and for a bargin. Hope that finish can hold up longer than a few rounds, especially with some whos name is @Manimal26. Ha

10 hours ago, azstu324 said:

You can read my review of the TSW's here

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/38309-maltby-tsw-wedge-5612/

Others have chimed in and given opinions of other wedges from Maltby.

I still absolutely love the wedges! And for the price, I figure I'll just buy a new set of heads every year. I honestly can't see these going out of production for a long time.

Also, if you just want to follow a thread about Maltby clubs, you can check that out here

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/38325-show-us-your-maltby/

Ill definitely check out bothe threads, thanks for the links. 

Im thinking this will be the route I go for wedges. Have to go with the silver, have nightmares of the black finish wearing off...

Ill definitely check out bothe threads, thanks for the links. 
Im thinking this will be the route I go for wedges. Have to go with the silver, have nightmares of the black finish wearing off...
In case you're unaware of how the DBM (diamondized black metal) finish works, it's actually not a coating like the cheap PVD that many major OEM's use. The coloring is implanted into the metal during the forging process. The clubs aren't actually pure black so much as a dark graphite. If you've ever seen the Cobra King MB/CB line or the hogan's, it's the same look.

To give reference, take any set of chrome, steel, silver colored clubs. Play them for a couple years and the color really doesn't change, but the finish just gets dulled a little. I played my DBMs for almost 3 years before switching to the TS-1's and the color went from dark graphite to very dark grey. With a cleaning of WD-40 from time to time, the wear is barely noticeable.

DBM should be the industry standard but sadly it's not. OEM's will save a few bucks with PVD.. and by a few I really mean a likely meaningless amount but that's their thing I guess. And it almost ensures that the customer will be back the next year for another new set because their clubs will look like trash. It's a sad story.

So all that said, if you like the look of black clubs, as long as they're DBM finish, you won't be disappointed.

Just a note on the TSW's, they don't have "micro grooves" in the sense that most others do. I'm talking about the mini milled grooves in between the grooves or patterned around the face. The do however have about 1/3 more grooves than most and as they're spaced closer together and the actual milling of the groove is slightly narrower. What does that mean for performance? Nothing at all. They perform as good as ANYTHING!

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

1 hour ago, RaginCajun said:

I am, but like @Kansas King suggested, was able to try out the kbs tour 105 with the D7 forged head. That shaft will work as long as I put a smooth swing on it. So ill most likely play it. Found a new set of c300 forged for $389 on hurricane golf, that price beats some used prices...

@fixyurdivot Go Irsh! The sub70 clubs look sweet and for a bargin. Hope that finish can hold up longer than a few rounds, especially with some whos name is @Manimal26. Ha

They also have the 699 series which are basically the same head in conventional satin finish.  Good find/price on the C300's; sounds like those were kind of your preference anyway. Hit em well.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)