Testers Wanted! Shot Scope V5 ×

Tee time reservations

Is anyone else frustrated by the new on-line policies for tee times at some

of the South SF Bay area golf courses as I am?  To get a decent morning tee time

at Spring Valley and Sunnyvale courses you have to get up at midnight and log in.

Then, it takes many, many key strokes to request a tee time.  Even then, if someone

else is logging in you are blocked out and have to start all over again.  And, if and

when you are accepted for a tee time request you must pay by credit card online.

If one or more of your foursome cancels, you are on the hook for the green fee.

How many more of you are out there are upset about this new on-line policy?

Any suggestions as to how to go about changing it?

JonathonC

It has been the norm in the Central Valley since April. We aren't being stuck with the green fee if canceled but yes the increase demand is tough to swallow. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

Thanks for your reply.  It looks like we're not alone in this new policy.  I presume going online for

reservations takes the load off answering the phones in the pro shop.  But, the midnight start is

the most frustrating part.  A clever programmer could alter the code to start taking on-line reservations,

say, 10 minutes after dawn (this time is available on most weather apps). This is about the time when

pro shops start taking calls for tee times.  

It's rough. Been hit or miss here since March. Most places have moved to online payment options if they didn't have them before but I've only been burned once by someone not showing. 

I have noticed it is especially busy in the last 7 months compared to the last decade. Weekend tee times are hard to come by at a lot of the better public courses.

same in Texas. You have to have to book one week in advance to get a decent time.

Don't know how I feel, I'm glad people are playing golf but I miss the days where I could just show up and play after work.

Pros and Cons of the 2020 Pandemic 

Driver: Taylormade Sim 2 Max

3 Wood: Callaway Epic Max

Driving Iron: Titleist u510

Hybrid: Taylormade Gapr

Irons: Taylormade P760

Wedges: Vokey Jet Black 52/56/60

Putter: Taylormade Spider X

Ball: ProV1x

On 11/19/2020 at 3:14 PM, JonathonC said:

Is anyone else frustrated by the new on-line policies for tee times at some

of the South SF Bay area golf courses as I am?  To get a decent morning tee time

at Spring Valley and Sunnyvale courses you have to get up at midnight and log in.

Then, it takes many, many key strokes to request a tee time.  Even then, if someone

else is logging in you are blocked out and have to start all over again.  And, if and

when you are accepted for a tee time request you must pay by credit card online.

If one or more of your foursome cancels, you are on the hook for the green fee.

How many more of you are out there are upset about this new on-line policy?

Any suggestions as to how to go about changing it?

JonathonC

While I'm not in California, I am glad it is now only 40 degrees here so most everyone has stopped playing, and tee times are easier to come by.  Be careful!  I wish our courses here "required" tee times and stuck with it!  Paying in advance and getting stuck with the round would be a bummer, I admit!!  That guy would have to pay me in advance from that point on!!!!  Our problem here was people showing up without tee times, and "being squeezed in" resulting in  3-5 groups being sent out in between the top and bottom of the hour tee times, instead of at :10, and :20 only, causing a traffic jam and contributing greatly to the slow pace of play.  I'm not bashing....I also liked it before when I could decide at a moments notice(even on the weekend at noon or so) and just show up and head out!!!  Taken some getting used to have to call on Mon-Tue for an early weekend tee time at a nothing spectacular muni.   The on-line only, and having to do it at Midnight seems a little excessive I agree....  If it stays busy though,  next golf season here, I hope more of our courses tell walk ups they'll be slotted in 30 minutes from now when there is an open tee time and not sent to the tee box because nobody is actually, physically  hitting a drive at that moment in time, and arriving for our tee time from the range 5 minutes early to find another group teeing off in front of us.  A different view on what a lack of tee time, requirement may bring!!

Driver: Cobra King Speedzone

Irons:  :callaway-small: Mavrik 4-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CG-14 56 & RTX 52

Putter:  :ping-small: Scottsdale Wolverine

Woods:  Gigagolf  3W, 2H, 3H

Ball:  Srixon Z-Star XV